CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Harrod is missing. According to SIL, Mr. Harrod was at the house while SIL was doing home repairs. SIL leaves to go to the hardware store and when he returns "poof" Mr. Harrod has vanished. If we believe SIL, Mr. Harrod vanished when he was expecting both the SIL and the housekeeper at the house.

Yet SIL leaves the house and drives home.

Another thought.

When Mr. Harrod disappeared, why didn't the daughters call Fontelle right away and ask her if she had heard from their father. Wouldn't that be the logical next step?

There had just been a heated meeting the day before between the daughters, SIL and Mr. Harrod. I would think the daughters would have thought their father had decided to get away from them and go to Missouri to be with his wife.

If they truly did not know where Mr. Harrod was they would have called Fontelle before doing anything else.

So, where are Robert Harrod's remains?
If we are certain he is dead and dead by murder, then where is he?

It seems that most murder victims are buried/left in a place familiar to the killer.
Usually, it is not far from the scene of murder. JMO.
(I hate typing the word murder)

Some forensic profilers study where the victim is found and study
who might be the perpetrator.
Without a location,
the next best thing might be is to look at what is a familiar place to
those that knew Mr Harrod the best?

What would be better is if the killer would confess....
maybe whatever happened was a tragic accident,
then compounded by foolish actions.....
and a terrible need for money.
JMO

Prayers that Robert Harrod will be found
and questions answered.

Mr. Harrod is missing. According to SIL, Mr. Harrod was at the house while SIL was doing home repairs. SIL leaves to go to the hardware store and when he returns "poof" Mr. Harrod has vanished. If we believe SIL, Mr. Harrod vanished when he was expecting both the SIL and the housekeeper at the house.

Yet SIL leaves the house and drives home.

Another thought.

When Mr. Harrod disappeared, why didn't the daughters call Fontelle right away and ask her if she had heard from their father. Wouldn't that be the logical next step?

There had just been a heated meeting the day before between the daughters, SIL and Mr. Harrod. I would think the daughters would have thought their father had decided to get away from them and go to Missouri to be with his wife.

If they truly did not know where Mr. Harrod was they would have called Fontelle before doing anything else.

Of course. Everyone should have called Fontelle. Why PPD at all? This solidifies what has been bothering me about this story. Why call Elder Services? Why call, or allegedly call, PPD...you know that fuzzy call that somehow caused one of the daughters to believe she had to wait 24 hours to call him in as missing. (The law requires the report to be taken immediately-DOJ set those guidelines in the early 1990's.)

They should have checked to see if he was on his way there....after all he had his wallet and checkbook right? And keys? And a hat and glasses? Or was it no glasses???

I apologize for not being available most of the day yesterday. I know we are going to wait for the public records to be posted of yesterday's hearing but I can tell you that clearly, emotions were running high.

:eek:

Oh please share more!

Of course. Everyone should have called Fontelle. Why PPD at all? This solidifies what has been bothering me about this story. Why call Elder Services? Why call, or allegedly call, PPD...you know that fuzzy call that somehow caused one of the daughters to believe she had to wait 24 hours to call him in as missing. (The law requires the report to be taken immediately-DOJ set those guidelines in the early 1990's.)

They should have checked to see if he was on his way there....after all he had his wallet and checkbook right? And keys? And a hat and glasses? Or was it no glasses???

IIRC, there was some speculation that the daughters may not have contacted Fontelle because they thought Mr. Harrod was with the hairdresser and did not want to upset Fontelle.

If they thought Mr. Harrod was with the hairdresser why call the police for a welfare check? They knew Mr. Harrod wasn't home. SIL was at the house and Mr. Harrod was not there.

What good would a welfare check do on an empty house? Why not contact the person or persons who would most likely know where he is? Fontelle being number one.

Oh please share more!

This much at least is a matter of public record -- it appears that the hearing will be continuing in December, so perhaps the hearing on 16 November did not resolve all matters to the court's satisfaction:

(P) COURT'S ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE CONTINUED TO 12/15/2010 AT 09:00 AM IN THIS DEPARTMENT. 11/16/2010

MINUTES FINALIZED FOR (P) COURT'S ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE 11/16/2010 01:30:00 PM. 11/17/2010

(from http://www.occourts.org/ )

How nice that the hearing is scheduled shortly before Christmas.

Sorry-regarding what Montjoy posted:

The Co conservators of Bob's estate were given a deadline of 12/15 to produce everything. They came in looking for a continuance and for certain items that they wanted access to. They were denied both. They have a firm deadline to turn over the accounting, money that has been witheld from Mrs Harrod etc. This result caused one of the co conservators to shout an expletive at one of the probate attorneys that was so loud, everyone could hear it. I am talking at least 30 people.

Ah well. Seeing as how probate hearings are public, there is a mechanism in place to obtain both the records and pull the tapes of the hearing should any of you all have a mind.

Let's get back to poor Bob.

Sorry-regarding what Montjoy posted:

The Co conservators of Bob's estate were given a deadline of 12/15 to produce everything. They came in looking for a continuance and for certain items that they wanted access to. They were denied both. They have a firm deadline to turn over the accounting, money that has been witheld from Mrs Harrod etc. This result caused one of the co conservators to shout an expletive at one of the probate attorneys that was so loud, everyone could hear it. I am talking at least 30 people.

Ah well. Seeing as how probate hearings are public, there is a mechanism in place to obtain both the records and pull the tapes of the hearing should any of you all have a mind.

Let's get back to poor Bob.

Thanks for the update.

Sounds like one of the co-conservators got heated.

Sounds like one of the co-conservators got heated.

Let's hope the conversation didn't end with one of them offering their BiL's assistance to the lawyer with repairs/errands the next day.

Oh Montjoy-you scamp.

What repairs were actually done on the day Bob disappeared and are those materials still available to be installed/fixed/renovated in someone else's house?

Wow, would I hate to be the recipient of the entire courtroom/gallery hearing me use a word like that, and how will the Judge receive it after 15+ months? Rut Roh!

JMVHO

It is being offered!!! Thank you Montjoy for providing me the info...I am so happy that the Harrod Family Trust, aka the same co conservators who appeared in court on Tuesday, have found it in their hearts to offer a reward for Mr. Harrod's discovery/return.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/harrod-276735-disappearance-reward.html

It is tempting to quarterback on why now, but let's just savor the fact that it has finally been done in spite of the time that has passed and the memories that have faded.

Bob is sponsoring his own reward and that is how it should be. Money well spent Bob. Money WELL SPENT.

Beautiful picture of Fontelle and excellent information from Loomis again about the fact that this case is in homicide. And being investigated as a homicide.

I would love to see the terms the reward is being offered under, but hey. It is finally there. Happy Thanksgiving Bob. :)

It is being offered!!! Thank you Montjoy for providing me the info...I am so happy that the Harrod Family Trust, aka the same co conservators who appeared in court on Tuesday, have found it in their hearts to offer a reward for Mr. Harrod's discovery/return.

It is tempting to quarterback on why now, but let's just savor the fact that it has finally been done in spite of the time that has passed and the memories that have faded.

Bob is sponsoring his own reward and that is how it should be. Money well spent Bob. Money WELL SPENT.

Beautiful picture of Fontelle and excellent information from Loomis again about the fact that this case is in homicide. And being investigated as a homicide.

I would love to see the terms the reward is being offered under, but hey. It is finally there. Happy Thanksgiving Bob. :)

This is great news!! Hopefully this reward will turn over some stones, and find someone that has some helpful information. A year and a half isnt too long when we look at these other cases that are finally closed successfully after five, even ten years!

I am thrilled by this news.
Even the smallest clue can be the start of the thread to unravel
the secrets in this case.

I hate to derail the joy we are feeling, but perhaps we can help some of those on the ground with their searching for Bob's body.

If we agree the window of time between the call from the cleaning lady and the arrival of the cleaning lady was around 5 hours, where would Bob likely be?

Now I suppose the disposal time could be extended, but it would take a pretty heartless person to be driving around with a dead man in the back of their truck or vehicle for an extended period of time. The risk is a big one-what if they were pulled over for a traffic stop. Yikes. You would have to be made of stone to be able to keep Bob in the back of your truck and then return from the hardware store to find the cleaning lady at the house. So I think a more realistic timeline is about 5 hours....but it could be more.

I wonder what the layout of GS's property is and if anyone could have slipped any evidence into a storage shed in the event they knew he was at work? No I suspect his wife might have noticed. Do we know if she stays at home with the grandchildren?

You know what, let me backpedal...would Bob have been kept in the garage? I was thinking the time could spill into the following day, but I HAVE to believe PPD checked out the garage when they arrived for the well being check....assuming they did that based upon the phone call that was made by poor Fontelle.

So if we figure that we have a 5-6 hour window, would we be looking for a construction type transfer station or perhaps a body of water where he could have been disposed. :(

Poor Bob.

I hate to derail the joy we are feeling, but perhaps we can help some of those on the ground with their searching for Bob's body.

If we agree the window of time between the call from the cleaning lady and the arrival of the cleaning lady was around 5 hours, where would Bob likely be?

Now I suppose the disposal time could be extended, but it would take a pretty heartless person to be driving around with a dead man in the back of their truck or vehicle for an extended period of time. The risk is a big one-what if they were pulled over for a traffic stop. Yikes. You would have to be made of stone to be able to keep Bob in the back of your truck and then return from the hardware store to find the cleaning lady at the house. So I think a more realistic timeline is about 5 hours....but it could be more.

I wonder what the layout of GS's property is and if anyone could have slipped any evidence into a storage shed in the event they knew he was at work? No I suspect his wife might have noticed. Do we know if she stays at home with the grandchildren?

You know what, let me backpedal...would Bob have been kept in the garage? I was thinking the time could spill into the following day, but I HAVE to believe PPD checked out the garage when they arrived for the well being check....assuming they did that based upon the phone call that was made by poor Fontelle.

So if we figure that we have a 5-6 hour window, would we be looking for a construction type transfer station or perhaps a body of water where he could have been disposed. :(

Poor Bob.

BBM

If there was a struggle and someone had to do some cleaning up, they may have hid Mr. Harrod in the garage for an hour or so in case there were unexpected visitors. They would not want the body in their vehicle until they were ready to leave the house.

Good news then-if the garage remains substantially untouched, there may be something out there which doesnt belong. Not touch DNA but something more significant.

Oh yeah-there was a piece of furniture that seemed to be misplaced?

Do any of our folks in San Bernardino/Running Springs know if SiL JM's truck has a covered box? I seem to recall reading that, and would expect it from someone who does (or did) repairs/building for a living.

Great news about the reward. Guess we shall see what comes of it.

Do any of our folks in San Bernardino/Running Springs know if SiL JM's truck has a covered box? I seem to recall reading that, and would expect it from someone who does (or did) repairs/building for a living.

Samples only.

The first video gives you an idea of what the truck looks like. Starting at 2:00, watch to see what the back of the truck looks like, including the bed and trunk area, where there is another compartment. The second video shows a boy fitting himself inside that trunk compartment.

Honda Ridgeline White
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxr-p0jv2xI

Fitting inside the "trunk" of a Honda Ridgeline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc2GMvtiorg&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc2GMvtiorg&feature=related

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon