CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh I wonder if there's ever been a cade like this? College age student goes missing after erratic behavior and all that's left is a car? Maybe the result of those could help? Like where the person was found? If they were alive? If they were alive what did they describe happened?

Anyone know how to look that kind of stuff up?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Well...Maura Murray...her car was found, she never was, and she had been having a rough time of it, in NH.

Amanda, did you go to the Volunteer Lunch at Johnny Rockets?
Any news on what the family press release was?

i pretty much agree with you except i don't think he was ever going to his parents. i think he was waiting for his connection (ride/pal) in Buttonwillow - maybe they were coming from long distance (IL?) or got hung up on the road somewhere, hence the long wait. then they decided to ditch the car. everyone has secrets, no matter how well you may know a person. LE seems to have been convinced of his leaving the park from the get go. i realize they are overworked and make mistakes but i haven't seen a shred of urgency from them regarding this case. JMO

Yes - makes sense. I know I have been in dark places before and wanted to vanish but I am older now so couldnt but certainly when I was 19 I could have - add drugs to that and who knows...

With a severe brain trauma from that bad fall he could have had internal bleeding of the brain if he hit his head hard. Could he have gone unconscious and passed out and drowned while swimming in the lake?

Yes, I know no body surfaced. So back to possibly being snagged on something sharp or jagged at the bottom. Again the lake is 330 feet deep. Those two old rusty cars they recently found with specialized sonar in Oklahoma was only in 17ft deep muddy murky water.

With a severe brain trauma from that bad fall he could have had internal bleeding of the brain if he hit his head hard. Could he have gone unconscious and passed out and drowned while swimming in the lake?

Yes, I know no body surfaced. So back to possibly being snagged on something sharp or jagged at the bottom. Again the lake is 330 feet deep. Those two old rusty cars they recently found with specialized sonar in Oklahoma was only in 17ft deep muddy murky water.

that would be discounting the bloodhounds that tracked him leaving the lake

Amanda, did you go to the Volunteer Lunch at Johnny Rockets?
Any news on what the family press release was?

No I was mapping out everything I'm gonna do today at the site.

From what Dragz told me the only new thing that's happened is that Klasskids is going to re-search castaic on the 19th and 20th. (please do not repost this on FB, it has not been released yet).

Just thinking about Bryce and wonder if there could be a mental illness involved!! My sister was just diagnosed as bipolar and manic depression. She is medicated but still tells me weekly that she wants to just leave and go where no one knows her so she doesn't have to deal with life!! Up until a few months ago she was fine, thus was triggered by emotional trauma that she just didn't have the know how to deal with. I too have clinical depression, but as a logical thinker and keeping on my meds I have learned to cope. My sister on the other hand is an emotional thinker and has trouble coping with normal everyday things. She used to be so involved with her daughter now my niece stays at my mums a lot cause my sis just can't do it everyday!
I'm just hoping that Bryce is out there somewhere working himself out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Gosh I wonder if there's ever been a cade like this? College age student goes missing after erratic behavior and all that's left is a car? Maybe the result of those could help? Like where the person was found? If they were alive? If they were alive what did they describe happened?

Anyone know how to look that kind of stuff up?

Adrienne Salienas similar story found 2 months later.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/2...d-in-apache-junction-may-be-adrienne-salienas

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/2...d-in-apache-junction-may-be-adrienne-salienas

Did he have gaming buddy online? He may have went there to meet up..

Half an ounce of weed is around 14gms depending on how much you smoke,put in roll up/joint/pipe/bong/cake ,may last up to a week or just a few days... or one helluva party night....

How frustrating for Bryce's family to have no results back in regards to the car....

Why would he be circling for 2hrs round the lake area...would he know the layout of the ,cell tower,steep hill and the 15 ravine from being in the camera area?

Yeah, I would like to know more about his mood swings...he seems to be a bit of romantic..sending a poem to his girlfriend, the text to his friend about 'saving his soul' ... but then finish with her and take off
Maybe he was angry at his Mum for phoning and that is why he went to the tower?

OK so I called my brother who has a card and he said he's considered a heavy smoker and he smokes 5 grams per week. And he says that's considered excessive. So he said its a 1 month supply for a regular user, or 2 weeks supply for a heavy user.

The below posts have a lot of valuable information on how to determine, in the State of Illinois, how much marijuana someone had in possession when they were arrested, based off of their fine.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #5

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #5

No I was mapping out everything I'm gonna do today at the site.

From what Dragz told me the only new thing that's happened is that Klasskids is going to re-search castaic on the 19th and 20th. (please do not repost this on FB, it has not been released yet).

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6746660608/h70D8F6AE/
h70D8F6AE

that would be discounting the bloodhounds that tracked him leaving the lake

Yes but it had been reported early on by another poster who's family member was found deceased that the tracking dogs had been wrong and he had been missed in the searches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OK guys I'm about to leave. And now you confused me with the tracker dogs. The dogs tracked him to the lake or the lagoon?

I can't look any more I'm on my phone.

Thank you for posting those pictures of the area. The first thing that I see there is that many of the tracks in the dry grass were not made by only one vehicle going through there once. Other vehicles (or people walking) have been in some of those tracks previously or frequently. In picture 3, to the left looks like new tracks, to the right are tracks that have been used far more than once. Those same tracks are in pictures 1 and 4. Those have been driven in several times, note the wide tracks, how they are deeper in the middle and curve up on the sides, and how the grass between tracks is very tall, but in the tracks is pummeled to dust. In picture three, to the right, you can see where something came thorough and flattened the grass, but the grass that is flattened is tall, not mashed to bits into the ground.

IMO, from the way the pictures look, most of these that I can see are not drag marks (those must be elsewhere), or the marks of a one time vehicle drive/crash, but the tracks of where several vehicles or people have gone down over the course of the summer. Which means it is possible that Bryce saw these tracks, thought they went somewhere, and when he found they did not tried to get himself out of the situation, which is where it all went south. (as it often does when you don't know the terrain or what your vehicle can do). It is also possible that Bryce just tried to drive around the fence enclosure, cut the corner too close and hit the rise at the back corner of the enclosure too fast (the right corner of the enclosure that we see in picture 5) and just flipped it right there. (been there, done that, tore the t-shirt)

As always, your mileage may vary.

OK guys I'm about to leave. And now you confused me with the tracker dogs. The dogs tracked him to the lake or the lagoon?

I can't look any more I'm on my phone.

- - - - DRZ: The initial dog search revealed the the scent went from the car to the water, nothing else, but that places Bryce at Castaic. Another dog search with bloodhounds on Tuesday showed Bryce by the waters edge but going along the shore towards the dam. Yesterdays [9/11] bloodhound search picked up scents possibly leading out of the park so it is hopeful that he is trying to still get home to Laguna however might be impaired due to a head injury. Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

- - - - DRZ: His girlfriend brought different gym shoes and socks for the second dog search. Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

- - - - A search dog later tracked BL's scent from the crashed SUV to the lake shore. Dogs also tracked BL's scent from lake shore toward boat ramp area and crossing the dam and stopping, insinuating backtracking across the dam. LE later shared info with parents of dogs tracking BL heading out of the recreation area. LE believed BL left the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member