CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bee oping around on google images and came upon this map.

Although unrelated to this case itself, the map points out 24 hour shoreline fishing. Does that mean that area is always open?

If so do people often fish there in the middle of the night?

tupy9uhu.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Men kill themselves in extreme ways like guns, laying on train tracks, walking in front of cars, driving off cliffs, i don't think they are really thinking about the pain. Women usually go the pill less painful route. Women usually threaten and men just do it.

Maybe on the searches instead of just looking down they need to look up. Linnea hung herself from a tree. Could he have climbed up on that tower?

Their is a guy in the city I live who shot himself in the head to take his life but it didn't kill him just blew his face off. He is still here to this day with his completely deformed face after like 30 surgeries to make a new one. He really looks like a monster to say the least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Ummm, I disagree. I don't think you can generalize by gender there. When I was in my 20's and feeling suicidal over being fired, I'm female-I did think about crashing my car off a particular stretch of roadway because it would have been easy to do. Never thought about using pills. I scared myself with those thoughts. What probably ultimately stopped me was the thought that if I didn't succeed I'd be paralyzed for life. Also LLomax didn't threaten, she just did it.

That's what I keep thinking too. It seems like an awfully painful way to go, not to mention that it seems far from a sure thing. Especially in that terrain, it looks terrifying but it doesn't look like certain death (ouch that hurt to type) by any means IMO. Maybe it's just due to more life experience but to me that looks like it'd lead to severe bumps, bruises, maybe head injury, maybe broken bones, but not "this is the end."

What if his 'this is the end' plan was to drive into the lake? He shouldve been anle to see the lake on his GPS. The gate to get to the lake was closed though so it seems plausible that he tried to get the car to the lake through the antennae area not realizing there was a cliff. He crashes the car which foils his plan to drive into the lake. Where does he go next though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

What if his 'this is the end' plan was to drive into the lake? He shouldve been anle to see the lake on his GPS. The gate to get to the lake was closed though so it seems plausible that he tried to get the car to the lake through the antennae area not realizing there was a cliff. He crashes the car which foils his plan to drive into the lake. Where does he go next though?

To the lake?
To trees?
To ??? with a knife?
???

From the timeline, link in signature block below, BBM:
Fall '12 - Spr '13 Rocklin CA BL, frosh year, attended Sierra College in Rocklin, near Sacramento; lived in on campus dormitory. Caron: He was on the Dean's List for academics.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

Who is Caron? The mother of one of Bryce's female friends?

Oh, why did Bryce transfer from Sierra College? Is that right?
(I thought I read he was going to one college but changed to another this year)

From the timeline, link in signature block below, BBM:
Fall '12 - Spr '13 Rocklin CA BL, frosh year, attended Sierra College in Rocklin, near Sacramento; lived in on campus dormitory. Caron: He was on the Dean's List for academics.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1
Who is Caron? The mother of one of Bryce's female friends?

Caron describes her connection in her post linked above ^.

Thinking about this scenario all weekend and considering the nature of discussion on this board -- since almost it's inception -- there is one commonality that seems to jump out at me.

Everything connected to Bryce is chock full of drama even if one is to leave the actual disappearance out.

Don't mistake this as victim blaming -- I am simply beginning to feel like I am just coming up with theories to rationalize decisions/scenarios that were not rational to begin with.

It seems like the poor guy's life before his disappearance was sensational on all fronts -- from what we know, it seems to me that with all of the living situation/girlfriend/parent situations cooking on the fire at the same time -- he had a lot of figuring out to do in general.

No doubt these stressors, combined with a vynase or whatever (even if it was only a one-time thing), could seriously impair even the nicest, most intelligent, and grounded person's decision-making processes.

I bring this up because I think it might make more sense to think of impulsive choices he may have made instead of the calculated ones that myself and others have been picking apart in our brains and in our discussion of his disappearance.

JMO...let's hope he returns safe very soon.

Ummm, I disagree. I don't think you can generalize by gender there. When I was in my 20's and feeling suicidal over being fired, I'm female-I did think about crashing my car off a particular stretch of roadway because it would have been easy to do. Never thought about using pills. I scared myself with those thoughts. What probably ultimately stopped me was the thought that if I didn't succeed I'd be paralyzed for life. Also LLomax didn't threaten, she just did it.

Yes, those are generalizations. But they are based in fact, and taught in most every basic psychology course.

Of course every individual is unique so many people (like you, for example) will deviate from these generalizations.

JMO

Just as an FYI, I did some research and in tons of missing persons cases that were resolved by finding the person, people also left all there stuff behind.

This was brought up by a few posters that they believed him to not be missing by his own volition because he left stuff behind, this by my research just doesn't prove true. I found that in interviews when asked why they left there stuff behind, a few of them stated that they felt like in order to start fresh they didn't want to bring along things from there past. While others said that items from there past would remind them of what they left behind.

Now I still think its unlikely since he was close with his family but I still wanted to atleast debunk the other thought.

On another thought, he did tell his mom that he was pulling off the freeway in that area to get some rest. I feel like if he was going to do something intentionally, that he wouldn't have been honest about his whereabouts. His mom could easily have gotten in her car and met him there. This all leads me to believe that this was not suicidal or intentional pre-accident. His mind set of course could have changed after the accident but at least before it happened I think he really was grabbing some sleep.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yes it was brought up a few threads ago. Dragz said it was for a school final project.

Oh ok, I wasn't trying to extrapolate anything from it, just that it was something interesting in the life of Bryce.

thoughts today have taken a sad turn :/ interesting that gitana and i posted such different theories at almost the exact same time this morning. i can see y'alls point regarding depression but i'm going to continue to think of Bryce out there *finding himself*. disconcerting to note that we are all still clueless to his actual state of mind when he took off from Chico.

Thinking about this scenario all weekend and considering the nature of discussion on this board -- since almost it's inception -- there is one commonality that seems to jump out at me.

Everything connected to Bryce is chock full of drama even if one is to leave the actual disappearance out.

Don't mistake this as victim blaming -- I am simply beginning to feel like I am just coming up with theories to rationalize decisions/scenarios that were not rational to begin with.

It seems like the poor guy's life before his disappearance was sensational on all fronts -- from what we know, it seems to me that with all of the living situation/girlfriend/parent situations cooking on the fire at the same time -- he had a lot of figuring out to do in general.

No doubt these stressors, combined with a vynase or whatever (even if it was only a one-time thing), could seriously impair even the nicest, most intelligent, and grounded person's decision-making processes.

I bring this up because I think it might make more sense to think of impulsive choices he may have made instead of the calculated ones that myself and others have been picking apart in our brains and in our discussion of his disappearance.

JMO...let's hope he returns safe very soon.

Agreed - dramatic, impulsive, possibly reckless, are impressions I've gotten of this young man also.

One of my more negative theories is that this was a dramatic stunt for public attention thinking he could return having gained some notoriety. Seems like a very, very long shot theory, especially the longer this goes on.

HOWEVER, there are still so many holes in the timeline, most particularly with regard to BL's mental state prior to his road trip, that I'm finding it very difficult to determine if he could have been suicidal; or careless and everything caught up to him; or living out a planned sayonara. JMO

No answers today.
Yesterday I felt hopeful; today not so much.

I don't really understand why SD and the girlfriend can't give more information about Bryce's mindset, reasons for breaking up (was this his or her choice or had they broken up a couple of times before?).
It's difficult to gage if the parents are in denial a little bit or just not well informed regarding Bryce's real feelings about school, furture plans, current activities - whatever.
On another case recently, the family gave very little info out about the man who was missing. Not knowing anything causes all kinds of speculation in every possible direction.
If nothing much is offered, I begin to think the information known is negative and would put the missing person in a bad light. At this point, who cares? Any type of info may have something to do with why a person is missing.
I suppose it's possible peeps have offered info to LE that isn't being shared publically.
What do you do after all this time when and if your loved one is found? Initially you'd be over the moon with happiness but then what? Guess it depends on the circumstances of why the person was missing for so long while withholding communication.
I'm trying hard, but can't think of an overall happy ending to this story.
Bryce had better come forward if he is able to NOW. This isn't right behavior on any level for any reason. That's why it must be a bad reason as to why he stays or is gone. I mean, you don't have to be a runaway when you're 19, you can just tell people that you're going somewhere. wth?
No, this isn't good.

Weird. Is the former roommate's story based on something that's partially true? It seems pretty bold that he'd tell a flat out lie to a reporter when everyone else who lived on the dorm floor at the time probably knows a version of the story.
Maybe they didn't get along as roommates so they separated but, in the roommate's mind, Bryce was the one who was kicked out (maybe B did misbehave on some level?).

Re: your question, I don't know. I'm trying to find the original MSM interview again so you can see it for yourself, but I'm having a hard time finding it for some reason. I'll keep looking.

Paraphrasing from memory it sounded like the roomie said that Bryce was basically going down a "bad path" and they didn't part on good terms. He wasn't surprised to hear that something had happened. He said Bryce was evicted from the dorms, which was apparently not accurate. Based on what Caron (whose daughter lived in the same dorm) said, he was still living there at the end of the year.

Just as an FYI, I did some research and in tons of missing persons cases that were resolved by finding the person, people also left all there stuff behind.

This was brought up by a few posters that they believed him to not be missing by his own volition because he left stuff behind, this by my research just doesn't prove true. I found that in interviews when asked why they left there stuff behind, a few of them stated that they felt like in order to start fresh they didn't want to bring along things from there past. While others said that items from there past would remind them of what they left behind.

Now I still think its unlikely since he was close with his family but I still wanted to atleast debunk the other thought.

On another thought, he did tell his mom that he was pulling off the freeway in that area to get some rest. I feel like if he was going to do something intentionally, that he wouldn't have been honest about his whereabouts. His mom could easily have gotten in her car and met him there. This all leads me to believe that this was not suicidal or intentional pre-accident. His mind set of course could have changed after the accident but at least before it happened I think he really was grabbing some sleep.

Since we have no evidence either way I can respect that viewpoint.

It just seems odd to me that someone would go off and park in an unknown, secluded, and possibly unsafe area alone if they were thinking straight.

Caron describes her connection in her post linked above ^.

No offense but what was caron doing on her daughter's dorm floor for so many hours last year?
Didn't she send the girl away to college?
What's going on, the smothering mother generation? Just strange imo.

thoughts today have taken a sad turn :/ interesting that gitana and i posted such different theories at almost the exact same time this morning. i can see y'alls point regarding depression but i'm going to continue to think of Bryce out there *finding himself*. disconcerting to note that we are all still clueless to his actual state of mind when he took off from Chico.

I'm completely with you so dont feel alone in your theory! My older brother has a lot of similarities to Bryce, and I just don't see the suicidal angle being the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member