CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI If anyone feels the need to do you tube...I never did one before, but this is one I did for Robert Harrod, utilizing a powerpoint presentation.
Robert Harrod Missing - YouTube
(if you watch,please share it too! Mr H is missing out that way too, thanks)

I hope Bryce is going to be found very, very soon.

KLAASKIDS MEDIA CONTACT: Tricia Griffith at 801.560.1933 info@klaaskids.org
FAMILY MEDIA CONTACT: Brian David at 708.351.2222
For Immediate Release
VOLUNTEER SEARCHES FOR MISSING TEEN BRYCE LASPISA

Valencia, CA. 19-year old Bryce Laspisa disappeared Aug. 30 on his way from Sierra College in Northern California to visit his family in Orange County. Around 5:30 a.m. that day Bryce called his mother to tell her he was going to sleep by the side of the road. Hours later, his overturned 2003 Toyota Highlander was found near Castaic Lake in northern Los Angeles County. “It's like he literally vanished,” said Bryce’s father Michael Laspisa.

Despite well-coordinated searches by law enforcement, Bryce is still missing. Bryce’s family has called on the KlaasKids Foundation to organize a community volunteer search.

Brad Dennis, Director of Search Operations for the KlaasKids Foundation has announced that a weekend of volunteer searches will begin on Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. Volunteers should check in at the Holiday Inn Express located at 27513 Wayne Mills Place, Valencia, CA. The search effort will continue through Sunday, October 20, at 5:00 p.m.

So that organizers will have an approximate head count volunteers are asked to sign in online at Find Bryce Laspisa Volunteer Spot prior to Saturday’s search. Volunteers are also asked to print, fill out and bring with them the 2 forms (registration and release) that can be found on the forms page of findbrycelaspisa.com.

Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and bring photo identification. “Dress appropriately for the weather, wear long pants and sturdy, covered toe shoes. We need people who can do foot searches as well as individuals who are willing to work in the search center,” explained Dennis. “We are also looking for donations of bottled water and office supplies.”

For more information about the search or information on how you can donate supplies, volunteers can call Tricia Griffith at (801) 560-1933, or email info@klaaskids.org.

The KlaasKids Foundation is a non-profit 501(c) (3) public benefit corporation determined to stop crimes against children and assists families of missing children. Please visit www.klaaskids.org for more information.
###END###​

KlaasKids Foundation ~ P: 415.331.686 ~ www.klaaskids.org ~ E: info@klaaskids.org

As of now I don't know if Websleuths will be asked to help with food for the searchers.

As soon as I know I'll post and we'll organize getting food and water to the search center.

Thank you,
Tricia

To answer a few previous posts:

Bryce could not have joined the military - he would be fingerprinted and found to be missing

Bryce could not have an Illinois drivers license - that needs to be surrendered when obtaining a Ca license
Also he could not obtain a duplicate Ca. license because it would show him as missing after 8/30
In my opinion it would have been very easy for him to obtain a duplicate CA license and/or ID PRIOR to going missing. Are the police able to check on this and rule it in or out?

In my opinion it would have been very easy for him to obtain a duplicate CA license and/or ID PRIOR to going missing. Are the police able to check on this and rule it in or out?

If he went to a DMV office, surely they can check. Not if he bought an ID, of course.

I was thinking of how to keep Bryce in the hearts and minds of the public and media. Again thinking back to the Michelle Le case, I think one of the things that really kept it going for me was that she became very real to me. When they shared personal stories and anecdotes about her, it endeared her to me, reminded me how she was so much like my own daughters.

If we heard personal nuggets of what he was like as a person, people couldn't help but be more drawn to him and the case, I might think. Like that YouTube someone found and shared here where he was doing silly moves to one of those dancing video games. I couldn't help but smile and feel his humanness and ache for him to be found and just come home.
I agree with everybody that the family needs to do whatever is necessary to make sure John/Jane Q. Public feel like they really know Bryce. I think it is imperative in keeping everybody interested in the case.

I've notice recently that the family has been replying to more and more posts on FB. I think this is very smart and very important. It makes people feel like they are being heard and not just a nobody. Look how butt-hurt some of us got when Dragz wasn't replying to our posts.

If they haven't already done so perhaps the family should consider employing someone to monitor FB and respond to as many posts as possible, within reason, of course. I would hope they could find a handful of people they can completely trust to sift through the posts and determine what needs immediate attention by a family member and what needs a simple "thank you".

And Brian, if you read this post I hope you are feeling better soon. Your body couldn't have picked a crappier time to be sick :(

The picture of the flipped outhouse was already flipped him and Kim saw it and took a picture of it. Bryce had nothing to do with it. Also in case I didn't mention those pictures on his Instagram are the only 6 pictures there ever were.. He hardly ever used it.

The same thing came to mind the first time I saw the photo on his Instagram. Maybe he liked flipping things over?

I am in Arizona and have heard absolutely nothing about Bryce in our local news, FWIW. (if I am mistaken, please accept my apologies - I personally have heard nothing locally.)

No one here in Arizona is looking for him and yet, CA is just right there, one state away.

I totally agree that MEDIA attention is critical. I live in San Diego and never heard a word about it down here unless you Google and then it shows online only with a local paper. No news coverage at all. On that note I went to the SD Chargers facility today (I'm a vendor there) and asked them if they could post or share this Missing Photo at venues or Website. Sadly they said "no" because they had never heard the story locally.

So no one is looking for him in San Diego either. I can assure you this is a perfect place for the homeless or those needing a break from reality.

A question for DRAG? What climate, places does BL love? Beach, Mountains, Deserts?

I pray the search this weekend brings back clues or better yet...BL!!! :pullhair:

The picture of the flipped outhouse was already flipped him and Kim saw it and took a picture of it. Bryce had nothing to do with it. Also in case I didn't mention those pictures on his Instagram are the only 6 pictures there ever were.. He hardly ever used it.

Thank you for clarifying, Caron! :loveyou:

On October 4, on the missing FB page, is a Medical Needs Missing flier.
Not sure why, but I didn't notice this flier before. Is the information true?

On October 4, on the missing FB page, is a Medical Needs Missing flier.
Not sure why, but I didn't notice this flier before. Is the information true?

Back in thread 5, Dragracerz explained that Bryce is believed to have a head injury, and has already been listed as a critical missing person since day one. Adding Medical Needs stems from that. Here's his post.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #5

I've missed all the publicity on this case. I don't know how that happened. I only heard because sres mentioned Bryce on Bob's thread. I hope the search is successful.

Does anyone know why it says redheads are common in the tags? I thought they only made up about 2 per cent of most populations, compared to around 20 per cent for blondes, for example. I always thought naturally red hair was a good description for public recognition because it's comparitively rare. I think that may have helped people recognize Shameca Johnson in Angeles Nat Forest.

I haven't read all the threads. Does anyone know why Bryce was driving so early in the morning? Was it to do with time zones, had he made an early start, or had he just driven all night? Because that would explain his calling Mom about needing to sleep.

Otherwise, I just wondered, is there any chance Bryce was impaired or vulnerable at all? I am NOT knocking the victim at all here, it's just that he's only young and young people can sometimes make mistakes as they're learning. Shock from injury or some kind of impairment seems the most likely reason for Bryce to have left the scene of the accident without his phone. Was there any evidence of injury in the car?

I really hope this young man's found soon. My thoughts are with his loved ones.

Oh, I see from his FB page Bryce had to use an emergency tool to break a window and get out of the car. That sounds like an accident that would really shake a person up.

I can't see where the boat access road he crashed on is, on a map.

Hi zwiebel,
I hope this helps.

CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic-Timeline and Media Thread **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Post #15 There's a picture of the locations.

Originally Posted by SCV_EagleJ

I'm not sure about him but I've been up there. Bryce could not have turned onto Main ramp road from lake Hughes rd because there is a gate that is closed at night. Instead he drove up about 100 yards or so and pulled in between the gaurd rails to where the gates tower is. Whatever happened made the car roll down the hill and land on Main ramp road. Which is the road that would have let him down to the ramp.

Circle=cell tower/break in the gaurd rails/ where he pulled in

Square= around where the car landed. I don't know the exact locating but it was near this.

Arrow= the gate that is closed at night.

and we should try to make were these cameras there the whole time, or installed after Bryce was reported missing? Have seen in other cases where cameras were installed shortly after a disappearance, and we are all left scratching our heads. Thanks again to AmandaFast for your boots on the ground information and dedication to helping find out what happened to Bryce.

RBBM

I want to second this. Amanda, you are awesome! I hope you join a SAR team when this case is all said and done. There are never enough experienced and detail oriented SAR Volunteers. Your "boots on the ground" recon missions have provided a lot of information that coupled with Caron, Dragz and Rivers input has given us a lot clearer understanding of the terrain and critical details.

Glad to see the upcoming Klaas search on the WS banner towards the top of the page this morning! I hope it attracts some searchers!

I wish I wasn't across the country in Northeast PA so I could search too.

Praying for some answers for Bryce's family this weekend....at least a few clues if possible!

So sads that Bryce's thread has moved to page 4 this morning.

BUMP BUMP - need searching help this weekend! I will be in the general area for the thanksgiving holiday and will help if it is still needed at that point. Wish I could come and help this weekend - hope some others can make it out to help!

I can't help with the search this weekend but am gonna try to check out the north side of the lake/lagoon area today where all those trails are. Any specific area/location anybody want me to check or take pictures of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

So sads that Bryce's thread has moved to page 4 this morning.

BUMP BUMP - need searching help this weekend! I will be in the general area for the thanksgiving holiday and will help if it is still needed at that point. Wish I could come and help this weekend - hope some others can make it out to help!

I would love to help search. Unfortunately I'm moving offices and need to spend time shuffling file boxes and furniture. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne