CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the main thing here is too try to stop bad mouthing the dead because at this point the internet never forgets anything.

Alternatively, I am of the opinion that in this case specifically, there was a noticeable level of hypersensitivity especially when more people were interested in it.

The sensitivity at one point was not limited to drugs, but even speculation about the physics of the crash and the appearance of the damaged SUV.

A large scale amount of drama even took place over the location of the accident itself.

I really just hope Bryce is found. I have no opinion about the motives for the sensitivity,but since it seems that the posters have turned over to new people since the more active phase of this case, I thought it would be helpful to remember some of the history in order for this drama to end.
Above BBM

Nobody on here is "badmouthing the dead", as you stated. People are simply trying to come up with theories and possible reasons for Bryce's disappearance. I have been here since the beginning of this thread and have seen first-hand the sensitivity to some posts by others who disagree with certain theories and posts. Some people seem to have a need to be right and to get the last word in. This mentality is counter productive and unnecessary. Posters should not be afraid to post something, within the TOS, for fear of stepping on toes or hurting feelings. After all, as others have said, we ALL want Bryce found regardless of the circumstances surrounding his disappearance and the useless drama takes away that focus.

One of the great things about WS is that we have respect and care for all victims and missing persons. Here, we do not have to deal with posters casting negativity or passing judgement towards those who have been involved in the sex trade, drugs, suffer from mental illness, etc. Unfortunately, publicly there is such a negative stigma towards mental illness, or missing persons who have been involved in less than wholesome activities. Every missing person deserves to be cared about, looked for, and reunited with their family (whether in life or death). I feel that at WS, posters do a great job of discussing all types of activity without passing judgement.

I don't know what Bryce could have been involved with. I do think there are plenty of possibilities… but I don't think that here on WS we will find out any further details than what we already know. Kslyfoxy has shared as much as she feels comfortable sharing at this time, I believe. I am quite sure that Bryce's friends and family realize the importance of being 100% transparent with LE, so I hope all angles are being pursued by investigators (although it seems their investigation has really died down). It is possible that Bryce kept some things to himself and only he could shed light on the puzzle pieces we are missing. I am resisting my usual temptation to speculate about unknown activities in order to follow the guidelines here at WS and refrain from hurting Bryce's loved ones. Sadly, I am not sure what else to do to help Bryce at this time so I focus on sending positive thoughts his way and praying for his safe return home.

What I do know, and choose to focus on, is that Bryce seems to be an extremely sweet and caring individual with a great smile. I am constantly hoping for a resolution to this difficult time for Bryce's friends and family.

:goodpost: Dixie

I respectfully disagree. You don't have to be deep in the drug underworld for this to involve drugs. I have 12 years of drug prosecution experience and I firmly believe drugs are involved. But I can be wrong. If we knew where he was we would find him. I don't believe the fugue state is likely but, since we have no idea where he is, I would not disagree that it is a possibility. Virtually anything is possible at this point.

I don't at all believe it is disrespectful to the family to say drugs are involved and that we need to be afraid to have that opinion. In my experience, older teens are very often involved in drugs. In this case, I have no doubt.

I really like this forum and following this case and have followed some others, including those where I am actually involved, without posting. This one seems unique in that people seem to be getting easily offended. I don't know why. I think everyone here wants to find him.
I agree with this and knowing what little we do know, I believe it leads to that.

Above BBM

Nobody on here is "badmouthing the dead", as you stated. People are simply trying to come up with theories and possible reasons for Bryce's disappearance. I have been here since the beginning of this thread and have seen first-hand the sensitivity to some posts by others who disagree with certain theories and posts. Some people seem to have a need to be right and to get the last word in. This mentality is counter productive and unnecessary. Posters should not be afraid to post something, within the TOS, for fear of stepping on toes or hurting feelings. After all, as others have said, we ALL want Bryce found regardless of the circumstances surrounding his disappearance and the useless drama takes away that focus.

I wasn't insinuating that anyone was, I just chose a poor way to appeal to the general audience here in that we most likely agree that the Internet is forever.

So, in a general sense, I agree with what you are saying. In the remainder of my previous post I even highlighted a few topics where people were very touchy that didn't even involve Bryce as a person.

This included the SUV, the location of the roll, the possibility of a green bag being in the car, etc.

The thread for this case has just been a horse of a different color for reasons unknown to me.

L family radio silence … but … new attempt to get the word out about
BL missing with a “Thunderclap” campaign – see FB page.

I’m confused by L family’s current approach – could someone please
help me to understand? TIA

Have LLomax family been in touch with Laspisa family? I know there
was FB contact made soon after BL went missing but have they
continued contact?

Has MKlaas made any public statements/blog posts/comments about
BL case since KlaasKids’ search for BL?

Wonder what MKlaas and crew think happened to BL?

I stop in here daily to see if there are any updates. Bryce - where are you>?

L family radio silence … but … new attempt to get the word out about
BL missing with a “Thunderclap” campaign – see FB page.

I’m confused by L family’s current approach – could someone please
help me to understand? TIA

Have LLomax family been in touch with Laspisa family? I know there
was FB contact made soon after BL went missing but have they
continued contact?

Has MKlaas made any public statements/blog posts/comments about
BL case since KlaasKids’ search for BL?

Wonder what MKlaas and crew think happened to BL?

This case is strange the way its being handled. I think there is a lot more about this case that is being kept under wraps and hidden from the general public.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I stop in here daily to see if there are any updates. Bryce - where are you>?

Me too! And sigh each time I do because he is not yet home where he belongs. Bryce and the Laspisa family are still in my prayers every day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

It always saddens me when I see a thread that had so much time and effort invested start to slip to the end of page one...then to page two and so on. :banghead:

When speculation dwindles
and storming brains have calmed.
When info rainstorms turn to showers
and websleuth's thunder has lost it's sound.
Grey clouds now float In the winter skylines
blocking the bright sunny rays of hope from us
as we lurk in online shadows
searching for some hopeful news to trust.
Bryce went missing and we rallied
one by one by one we came and stayed
We read and wrote and researched
we posted and we prayed.
Bryce is missing because he's injured, he's hiding,
or he's dead.
His family is desperate while we languish in our thread.

When speculation dwindles
and storming brains have calmed.
When info rainstorms turn to showers
and websleuth's thunder has lost it's sound.
Grey clouds now float In the winter skylines
blocking the bright sunny rays of hope from us
as we lurk in online shadows
searching for some hopeful news to trust.
Bryce went missing and we rallied
one by one by one we came and stayed
We read and wrote and researched
we posted and we prayed.
Bryce is missing because he's injured, he's hiding,
or he's dead.
His family is desperate while we languish in our thread.

:clap: very nice post SmartSassyBBW!!

It always saddens me when I see a thread that had so much time and effort invested start to slip to the end of page one...then to page two and so on. :banghead:

This is really normal. Happens all the time in LE investigations. Doesn't mean anyone has given up. It just means sometimes you have to take a step back and reassemble. Think things through and look for new clues. Our brains do their best work after rest, or moments of quiet.

Salem

This is really normal. Happens all the time in LE investigations. Doesn't mean anyone has given up. It just means sometimes you have to take a step back and reassemble. Think things through and look for new clues. Our brains do their best work after rest, or moments of quiet.

Salem

Yes, you are unfortunately quite correct Salem...

Quite a few I am following are Kyron, Sky, Sierra... and so many more at a stand still, but haven't given up hope yet! :seeya:

Does anyone know why the flyers don't say "Missing" anywhere on them? I know when I see flyers posted they are more likely to grab my attention when I see the word "Missing" in big bold letters. My vision is bad anyway.

I too come here and hope to see "Found Safe" at the top of this thread. I've expected it every day since Bryce first went missing. I never expected him to be gone this long. I pray ever day that he will be home soon.

I think it may be all to do with the 'softly softly' approach?

I don't know if that's a familiar usage for US posters, but we use it a lot in England. There was an old police TV show by that name, that had a really understated, soft approach to investigations. Dunno if I'm making myself clear, but I think these latest posters may be aimed at Bryce himself, rather than the public. And they are designed not to worry him.

I could be totally wrong though. It's pure guesswork.

I too come here and hope to see "Found Safe" at the top of this thread. I've expected it every day since Bryce first went missing. I never expected him to be gone this long. I pray ever day that he will be home soon.

Seajay you just completely freaked me out in a good way. I mis-read your post and literally said "FOUND SAFE?!?!? What?!?" out loud. Oh how I wish that had been the case.

I thought he'd be home by now, too. So sad that he isn't.

I think it may be all to do with the 'softly softly' approach?

I don't know if that's a familiar usage for US posters, but we use it a lot in England. There was an old police TV show by that name, that had a really understated, soft approach to investigations. Dunno if I'm making myself clear, but I think these latest posters may be aimed at Bryce himself, rather than the public. And they are designed not to worry him.

I could be totally wrong though. It's pure guesswork.

I just hope and pray he's not laying dead in a dumpster somewhere like poor missing 14 year old Claudia Lucero from Arizona who was recently found in a dumpster. Just horrible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pular-high-school-freshman-dead-Dumpster.html

Sadly, I suspect there is foul play involved in Bryce's case that he was in fear of someone or something without confiding in anyone nor getting anyone close to him involved in the mess. Too much odd behavior leading up to him going missing leads me to believe this. Maybe he was being threatened because he owed someone money or did something to piss someone off. Possibly he thought that person was following him and that's why he crashed or could be random foul play by an unknown stranger after the crash. I really don't think he has gone missing on his own accord unless he's hiding from the person he is in fear of and has help in doing so. I don't believe he is living in homeless camps with a head trauma either.

I just pray he is Safe and found soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I wonder if he contacted someone and this is the reason they
Backed down and stopped aggressively searching for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe