CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC the dogs tracked him past the dam and ALMOST to the truck stop ...then lost scent.

If you're formerly from Chicago you know about I-80 ...which runs from California to NJ ...it would be VERY easy to hitch IMO no one here has ever heard of him (I live about an hour south of Chicago) ..and with a new trend of red head males bleaching their hair-he could easily hide out IMO

I'm not convinced that he was on a suicide mission (although possible of course) ...I think he was in the MIDDLE of a mental break and ran away. Unfortunately I've had my experience with speed and hours and days FLY by ... literally here and gone -with him and his gf having issues, I'm sure his emotions were high. (Those young relationships are always dramatic and full of emotions). I think he was contemplating going back to her location, but opted to get away instead.

I think he could easily be hiding in the drug/homeless/mental ill areas in Chicago -we have a lot unfortunately and they are full of young people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

No, it's I-5, not I-80 that runs through the Grapevine, but I-5 is a very major highway that runs from Washington state through all of California. He'd have to get back to Sacramento to pick up I-80, and he wrecked his car, so he'd had to get another vehicle or he'd be hitching...

He sat in his car for over 13 hours and then accelerated it over and down a cliff. I think that pretty much speaks suicide, IMO. Also not sure what any of this redhead talk is about. There are tons of redheads out there so that isn't all that pertinent. He looks like a few boys I know so not stand out at all.
That's what I've been saying all along, and I'm a Native Californian for 55 years, lived both North and South. Saying redheads are rare here is as bizarre as saying blondes are rare in Sacramento. NEITHER is true folks!!! If Bryce calls/called attention to himself, it's because of his behavior, NOT because he's a redhead!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I’m trying not to judge but if both your son’s roommate and his girlfriend contact you saying he’s acting strange and then your son can’t seem to drive home and keeps roaming around for no reason, in my opinion, you get on the road and get to him asap, you don’t encourage him to continue to drive knowing very well something might be wrong with him. His parents seem like very nice people but I think they were and are still in denial about their son and his use of drugs. I don’t know if I’m allowed to discuss here but googling his name many things come up mentioning that he took a particular drug before his disappeared (besides the ADD medication) that makes one hallucinate and can cause people to do very strange things. If he took both the ADD and this drug I can only imagine how messed up his brain could be. Personally I think the effects of these things on his brain caused him to take his life, I do not think he is running around out there somewhere.

No, it's I-5, not I-80 that runs through the Grapevine, but I-5 is a very major highway that runs from Washington state through all of California. He'd have to get back to Sacramento to pick up I-80, and he wrecked his car, so he'd had to get another vehicle or he'd be hitching...
My thinning was if he went to that truck stop, he could easily get to 80 ...which comes back to IL

My thinning was if he went to that truck stop, he could easily get to 80 ...which comes back to IL

Possible... yes, but that's a big leap to suppose he got a ride with a trucker going Northbound to Sacramento and from there onward Eastbound without any proof. He could just as easily gone anywhere. Sacramento is at least an 8 hour drive from the L.A. area.

Possible... yes, but that's a big leap to suppose he got a ride with a trucker going Northbound to Sacramento and from there onward Eastbound without any proof. He could just as easily gone anywhere. Sacramento is at least an 8 hour drive from the L.A. area.
Totally agree! I just know he has ties here ...also found it odd they never mentioned the move on disappeared. Not pertinent info I suppose

Hey!

Thanks for the compliment :blush:

Voice4theSilent said:
snipped by me...
"Bryce travels along the side of the cell tower, towards the lake, continues down the hill, based on the tracks left behind he is hitting the excelerator as he was going down the hill, he was blazing his own trail as he was going down…. Based on the speed of the car he was actually unearthing large rocks, the undercarriage was hitting large rocks and this indicates that there was some speed involved…not a car in neutral. According to the detective, All of Bryce’s actions were deliberate."

and just taking off from your post - did we learn "what" gear the car was in?? Can't recall if LE told us...

SassyBenton said:
snipped by me...
I don’t know if I’m allowed to discuss here but googling his name many things come up mentioning that he took a particular drug before his disappeared (besides the ADD medication) that makes one hallucinate and can cause people to do very strange things. If he took both the ADD and this drug I can only imagine how messed up his brain could be. Personally I think the effects of these things on his brain caused him to take his life, I do not think he is running around out there somewhere.

I'll confess and say that back in the 60s I took a small dose of LSD - and that was the last time... boy - it does a "thing" to your brain!! I couldn't even talk; now, I understand how all those kids that took it back than never came out of a "awake coma" - can't think of the word I want to use - and why they went to mental institutions. That's some powerful stuff to your brain! But I do think he got a ride in Castaic, where the bloodhounds ended his track... I'm thinking of getting some of his Missing posters and bringing them up to the homeless shelter here - which is not too far Rocklin where he went to school; or he could have hitch to Illinois too.

:welcome6: mauidreemn to the forum and this thread! :greetings:

I'm still waiting for the free full episode to show up on the site.

He left behind his wallet with ID, cell phone, duffle-bag. Gave his diamond earring and games system to his roommate as he was an avid gamer. Driving his truck off a cliff. The drugs. All this speaks suicide to me. Where and when I don't know. I feel bad for his parents. I'm sure it hurts Mom and regrets that she ever told KS to give him those keys. It's not her fault she didn't know this would happen.

Hey!

Thanks for the compliment :blush:

and just taking off from your post - did we learn "what" gear the car was in?? Can't recall if LE told us...

I'll confess and say that back in the 60s I took a small dose of LSD - and that was the last time... boy - it does a "thing" to your brain!! I couldn't even talk; now, I understand how all those kids that took it back than never came out of a "awake coma" - can't think of the word I want to use - and why they went to mental institutions. That's some powerful stuff to your brain! But I do think he got a ride in Castaic, where the bloodhounds ended his track... I'm thinking of getting some of his Missing posters and bringing them up to the homeless shelter here - which is not too far Rocklin where he went to school; or he could have hitch to Illinois too.

:welcome6: mauidreemn to the forum and this thread! :greetings:

I sheepishly admit that I was quite a wild youngster and did my fair share of experimenting with drugs, which is why I worry about his state of mind those last few days. A stimulant plus a hallucinogen plus possibly alcohol, who knows what state he could’ve been in but then again, the police seemed to think he was fine and let him go, so how messed up could he have been? Very baffling…

The Disappeared show reported it. This was news to me too. So obviously he made it on foot back to I-5 and didn't drown in the lake. I'm assuming the truck stop was in the town of Castaic, I think that's the closest one to the lake...

BBM: Unfortunately, as good as tracking dogs are (and I do believe they are great) we've all seen them be wrong before.

Going with the suicide theory, if I were him and my attempt didn't work, I would go to San Francisco for the bridge or another well known suicide spot. I wonder if there are any uid suicide jumpers in another county that aren't in the same DNA database as Bryce...

Going with the suicide theory, if I were him and my attempt didn't work, I would go to San Francisco for the bridge or another well known suicide spot. I wonder if there are any uid suicide jumpers in another county that aren't in the same DNA database as Bryce...

Is there a National statewide database for deceased John Does? Hopefully pics are taken of every single one. I'm at work so I can't look.

BBM: Unfortunately, as good as tracking dogs are (and I do believe they are great) we've all seen them be wrong before.

Your absolutely right. The first SARS dog on the scene quickly when the blood inside vehicle, tracks, were fresh the dog went to the edge of the lake so possibly he went in there first to wash off and get cool.

So Cal was in the triple digits that day. Im in OC CA it was around 112° that weekend. Central air conditioner wasn't helping at all. sweltering We were miserable. I will never forget it because it doesn't usually get that hot. It was horrible.

Is there a National statewide database for deceased John Does? Hopefully pics are taken of every single one. I'm at work so I can't look.
Anonymess said:

NamUs- National Unidentified Persons System https://identifyus.org/en.

NamUs- Nationational Unidentified Persons System https://identifyus.org/en.

Had to quote myself because it's not stopping the link. Bryce is already entered in the Missing Persons side. Here's his page: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21970/0/
There is a whole other side for UID's, which is what you are describing. By state is one of the criterion. And no there aren't photographs of all due to decomposition and such. Some are only sketches/reconstructions, if they even have those...

I just saw this episode on Disappeared today. Wow, what a tragic and baffling case. Nothing to add. I've been mentally chewing on this all day. It all points to suicide IMO.

I just saw this episode on Disappeared today. Wow, what a tragic and baffling case. Nothing to add. I've been mentally chewing on this all day. It all points to suicide IMO.

I can't believe you still can't watch the full episode from website yet unless you have cable to play on the app.

Stupid, they need to show these to EVERYONE cable or not so people can watch out for him or perhaps have seen him somewhere.

I can't believe you still can't watch the full episode from website yet unless you have cable to play on the app.

Stupid, they need to show these to EVERYONE cable or not so people can watch out for him or perhaps have seen him somewhere.
Well, to tell you the truth, I wasn't that impressed with the show. I didn't learn much new information, although it was interesting to hear from his mother directly- it confirms for me that both parents are in denial about the degree of his substance abuse. More importantly, they showed misleading information-i.e. when they were talking about Bryce being in Buttonwillow, they kept showing road footage of the Magic Mountain Parkway exit sign off I-5 (and although it is a notable landmark/amusement park), it is South of Lake Castaic, and over an hour away from Buttonwillow. IMO, this was done for dramatic effect.
If anything, they should have identified where exactly he stopped in Buttonwillow, Lake Hughes Road, and where the truck stop was (Castaic, CA?)

Anonymess, good find, right age range. There is a tool called Reveal, which will help match both sides of Namus up like this, and you can submit your matches to them, or... call in the contact for the UID and ask if they have submitted the DNA on a particular person as a match. Has Bryce been ruled out as this UID??

We have a whole thread about Reveal: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...identified-databases!&p=12040133#post12040133

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannepalmer85