CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever stated that the girlfriend wrote up something about his behavior, can you tell me how to find that?!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

This post is her best guess as to what may have happened to Bryce:

Sadly, her post was written about 2 months after he was missing. In August it's going on 3 years.

I can't believe it's been that long already. This is very very sad. I cried when I watched the vid. It reminds me of my older son now 32 who had his first psychotic break when he was 19 after starting college. He got hooked on adderall same thing as Vyvanse, speed. He ended up in ditches with his truck. Swimming in muddy lakes in cold water naked, driving wrong side of highway. I'm surprised he's not dead. Cops were always calling me to come get him.

It was the beginning of his bi-polar/schizoaffective disorder (schizophrenia) which usually manifest in men in early late teens early 20's starts with the paranoia. It's been hell and back in and out of jails and mental hospitals. He maintained a 4.0 GPA in HS. I never would have thought MI would happen to him. His brother who is 27 was not afflicted with this.

I think Bryce did start having MI symptoms and was having trouble dealing with the onset of mental illness that's why he started self medicating to help him feel better but it really makes it worse. His odd behavior he started having according to friends. Drugs and alcohol escalates the paranoia and delusions. Dual diagnosis goes hand in hand with this. After watching the vid I really think that's what happened. I don't think Bryce was as lucky as my son. Suicide is very common with unmediated MI as it's very scary and difficult to deal with especially if he started hearing voices, getting paranoid like when Christian, Mom and the cops were checking up on him. They think people are after them. Sitting in BW over 13 hours is not normal behavior.

That could have been what he wanted to talk about with his parents. Its a scary thing. My son told me what he went through. It's just awful.

Sadly, her post was written about 2 months after he was missing. In August it's going on 3 years.

I can't believe it's been that long already. This is very very sad. I cried when I watched the vid. It reminds me of my older son now 32 who had his first psychotic break when he was 19 after starting college. He got hooked on adderall same thing as Vyvanse, speed. He ended up in ditches with his truck. Swimming in muddy lakes in cold water naked, driving wrong side of highway. I'm surprised he's not dead. Cops were always calling me to come get him.

It was the beginning of his bi-polar/schizoaffective disorder (schizophrenia) which usually manifest in men in early late teens early 20's starts with the paranoia. It's been hell and back in and out of jails and mental hospitals. He maintained a 4.0 GPA in HS. I never would have thought MI would happen to him. His brother who is 27 was not afflicted with this.

I think Bryce did start having MI symptoms and was having trouble dealing with the onset of mental illness that's why he started self medicating to help him feel better but it really makes it worse. His odd behavior he started having according to friends. Drugs and alcohol escalates the paranoia and delusions. Dual diagnosis goes hand in hand with this. After watching the vid I really think that's what happened. I don't think Bryce was as lucky as my son. Suicide is very common with unmediated MI as it's very scary and difficult to deal with especially if he started hearing voices, getting paranoid like when Christian, Mom and the cops were checking up on him. They think people are after them. Sitting in BW over 13 hours is not normal behavior.

That could have been what he wanted to talk about with his parents. Its a scary thing. My son told me what he went through. It's just awful.

It is really heartbreaking. I'm sorry you've had to deal with that with your son, too.

About everyone coming to check on him in some ways people were "after him." Sure they were people who were trying to help, but if you just want to be left alone for awhile and are already a little freaked out I can see that putting you over the edge. I can even see driving somewhere relatively hidden just to get away from everyone and then an accident happening in the dark. I don't necessarily think that's what happened, but I can see it as a possibility.

For those of you who believe he committed suicide (as sad of a thought as that is :frown: ) what is your theory on why he hasn't been found yet? Where did he go to commit suicide and why haven't his remains been recovered yet?

For those of you who believe he committed suicide (as sad of a thought as that is :frown: ) what is your theory on why he hasn't been found yet? Where did he go to commit suicide and why haven't his remains been recovered yet?

If he left the area and indeed hitched a ride somewhere, his remains could be pretty much anywhere in the US (or worse Mexico if he had a passport with him, I can't remember).

That's one thing I think was really good about the special airing even if it did have some misleading stuff in it. It brought his name to peoples' attention, some probably for the first time and well outside of the original area.

I don't have an answer for that, per se, but are you familiar with the Michael Bradyn Fuksa case? He took off in his car and his car was found a few hundred miles away from his home town but Bradyn had left the car and apparently walked away/hitchhiked. He wasn't found for years (can't remember how many off the top of my head). His body was found in a wooded area behind a Walmart somewhere and it was determined he shot himself there shortly after going missing. All this to say, I don't know where Bryce's body would be. I do wonder if it could be similar to Bradyn's story... Perhaps Bryce walked/hitched away from the lake area and killed himself elsewhere. I also wonder about the wooded area around the lake/dam.

I can't believe it's been that long already.
32bbe1b48f7c96a67ff24d1bc8e7a110.jpg

But , she also replied a little more then a year ago .

I don't have an answer for that, per se, but are you familiar with the Michael Bradyn Fuksa case? He took off in his car and his car was found a few hundred miles away from his home town but Bradyn had left the car and apparently walked away/hitchhiked. He wasn't found for years (can't remember how many off the top of my head). His body was found in a wooded area behind a Walmart somewhere and it was determined he shot himself there shortly after going missing. All this to say, I don't know where Bryce's body would be. I do wonder if it could be similar to Bradyn's story... Perhaps Bryce walked/hitched away from the lake area and killed himself elsewhere. I also wonder about the wooded area around the lake/dam.

I also suspect Maura Murray is deceased (in woods) and her remains have never been found. She too crashed a car and left on foot.

Ok, I just watched the episode. It may be unfair but I kept thinking GO GET HIM. He's 3 hours from home, just head that way.

Poor kid.
BBM. I had the exact same feeling. Californians with cars routinely travel up and down the state. 3 hours is nothing, and probably wouldn't have even taken her that long, especially when his girlfriend and roommate didn't feel he should be driving, and he had to be prompted in Buttonwillow to get back on the road, and rechecked on.

Ok, I just watched the episode. It may be unfair but I kept thinking GO GET HIM. He's 3 hours from home, just head that way.

Poor kid.

I know he sat there in the same spot over 13 hours. I would have been up there in a heartbeat.

When KS had his keys, told mom he was not acting right I would have told her don't give him the keys we are on our way!!!

Of course Bryce is going to say he's Ok. But when you got friends saying his behavior is off. Time to go get him.

I'm not blaming but too late now [emoji23]

It's so easy to think of what we would have done if we had been the ones confronted with the family's situation on that fateful night/day. There were opportunities to help Bryce but nothing seemed to stick - the roommate, the (ex) girlfriend, Christian, LE, the phone calls with his mother. The list goes on and on. They only knew he was in the same spot for that long AFTER he had been in that spot for so long. By the time they figured that out he was on the move. It's all very sad, IMO.

Here are my two cents:
While I think that Bryce may have suffered some sort of "psychotic break" either because he was pre-disposed to doing so or because of whatever drug/alcohol combination he had ingested in the few weeks before he went missing, I don't think he was using during his 13+ hours in Buttonwillow. He interacted with people and he spoke on the phone multiple times with his mother. Someone would have noticed slurred speech, dilated eyes, agitation, smell, some errant behavior to indicate that Bryce was high (or low) on something, IMO.

I think that he was SUPER depressed. The Disappeared episode seemed to drive home that point over and over again.

I think that his parents are in denial about a lot of things but I don't blame them one bit. I think it's really hard to understand depression and addiction (if there was any real addiction tendencies with Bryce). They love their son and it shows. Was the mom's actions overkill? I don't think so given what ended up happening. She clearly knew something was awry. I don't for a minute think that she made him skip out on his life.

The only reference to Naperville that I saw was on cover of the birthday card his mom had from him. The move does seem like a significant piece of the puzzle and I'm curious why it was left out of the Disappeared episode.

I didn't realize that the truck ended up crashed that far from the water. For some reason, I had it in my mind that once he went down the embankment, the truck essentially crashed near the water's edge, like 30-70 yards. How did Bryce "walk away" from that accident when his truck did a nose-dive off the cliff and fell 25' landing on the front end? There was a little of Bryce's blood found but nothing significant.

I don't think there was foul play involved in his disappearance. I don't think he's in the water, either. I think he wandered off into the desert and has sadly passed away. Maybe he's still out there, with amnesia, drifting, homeless. But, if so, how did he get to where he is (by trucker?) and why hasn't anyone reported seeing that shockingly ginger boy anywhere? What a sight he'd be if he had long, scraggly locks and beard, right? Not a sight that would blend into the wood work, IMO.

I hope Bryce is found, safe somewhere, or brought home to his family so that they have answers. The not knowing must be unbearable.

I think he's in the lake. Despite the blood hounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished the episode and I think the same thing. They were doing the sonar search in an area of the lake that was not searched by divers because it was so deep. They also said a body wouldn't float up to the surface at those depths.

If he is homeless, his hair is probably very dirty and bleached from the sun. He may not have the same red hair we have seen in old photos.

Poor kid.

Me too. I kept expecting it to happen. I don't understand it. But I'm sure his parents continually beat themselves up over it. One 3-hour trip and things could be so different. So tragic and so very sad.

I just watched this episode of Disappeared. Before watching it, I only had a vague understanding of the case.

This is so tragic :(. I feel so badly for Denise. My heart breaks for any parent with a deceased or missing child, but especially for parents of only children. It seems like they had such a close, loving, and open relationship so for him to still be alive and just staying away seems so unlikely. If they didn't have such a close relationship, I'd believe it, but not in this case :(.

I do believe he had a psychotic break from the medication (Vyvanse), and is probably either in the lake or went somewhere else to commit suicide. I hope this family gets some answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98