CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, to tell you the truth, I wasn't that impressed with the show. I didn't learn much new information, although it was interesting to hear from his mother directly- it confirms for me that both parents are in denial about the degree of his substance abuse. More importantly, they showed misleading information-i.e. when they were talking about Bryce being in Buttonwillow, they kept showing road footage of the Magic Mountain Parkway exit sign off I-5 (and although it is a notable landmark/amusement park), it is South of Lake Castaic, and over an hour away from Buttonwillow. IMO, this was done for dramatic effect.
If anything, they should have identified where exactly he stopped in Buttonwillow, Lake Hughes Road, and where the truck stop was (Castaic, CA?)

Thanks LinasK.
I'm not going to stress over it then. Why do they even air these shows if they are not accurate no matter how bad things were or how yucky the city of BW really is? Show the real BW. I always thought BW held some answers he spent so much time there. How does it help Bryce or his family if they are not honest and upfront on national TV. I just don't get it.

Some of our SD friends volunteered on their own to visit BW to find answers which I thought was awesome. BW is a not a very safe place to be hanging around. Lots of drug addicts there. So many of us banged our heads together day and night trying to find Bryce.

Thanks LinasK.
I'm not going to stress over it then. Why do they even air these shows if they are not accurate no matter how bad things were or how yucky the city of BW really is? Show the real BW. I always thought BW held some answers he spent so much time there. How does it help Bryce or his family if they are not honest and upfront on national TV. I just don't get it.

Some of our SD friends volunteered on their own to visit BW to find answers which I thought was awesome. BW is a not a very safe place to be hanging around. Lots of drug addicts there. So many of us banged our heads together day and night trying to find Bryce.

There is a large Motel 6 and another large motel right off I-5 in Buttonwillow, that he could've easily checked into and gotten a safe night's rest. We had to do that one year when we traveled down to L.A. the night before Thanksgiving.

You know what else? This thought makes me even madder that the show did that- when they were discussing how Bryce's mother kept asking him about road signs- people are going to be further mislead about that( as in "see there were road signs"), rather than the reality of people who know the route and realize Bryce was probably driving between towns in the Grapevine where there were no signs.

Totally agree! I just know he has ties here ...also found it odd they never mentioned the move on disappeared. Not pertinent info I suppose

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
You could be right about him being homesick for Illinois. Maybe he hated living in California and it wasn't just that he disliked his major/school/girlfriend/

There is a large Motel 6 and another large motel right off I-5 in Buttonwillow, that he could've easily checked into and gotten a safe night's rest. We had to do that one year when we traveled down to L.A. the night before Thanksgiving.

You know what else? This thought makes me even madder that the show did that- when they were discussing how Bryce's mother kept asking him about road signs- people are going to be further mislead about that( as in "see there were road signs"), rather than the reality of people who know the route and realize Bryce was probably driving between towns in the Grapevine where there were no signs.
Way back when we knew about him telling mom that there were no signs he could see I instantly thought about him being in town and not on the highway.

Do you know if they ask for an id to stay at a room at the motel 6 or is it a fly by night type place? I know nicer places usually ask for id if paying cash so they can find you for damages.

Way back when we knew about him telling mom that there were no signs he could see I instantly thought about him being in town and not on the highway.

Do you know if they ask for an id to stay at a room at the motel 6 or is it a fly by night type place? I know nicer places usually ask for id if paying cash so they can find you for damages.

I'm pretty sure you'd need ID. I once stayed in a motel in Modesto (on the outskirts of Yosemite) that rented rooms by the hour (really strange, until you realize why).

No, it's I-5, not I-80 that runs through the Grapevine, but I-5 is a very major highway that runs from Washington state through all of California. He'd have to get back to Sacramento to pick up I-80, and he wrecked his car, so he'd had to get another vehicle or he'd be hitching...

Hubby wanted me to point out that I-80 also goes to San Francisco, if Bryce was so inclined to go there...

Anonymess, good find, right age range. There is a tool called Reveal, which will help match both sides of Namus up like this, and you can submit your matches to them, or... call in the contact for the UID and ask if they have submitted the DNA on a particular person as a match. Has Bryce been ruled out as this UID??

We have a whole thread about Reveal: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...identified-databases!&p=12040133#post12040133

I would never say discount someone because of the clothing found with them but this guy was found with size 9 shoes and Bryce wears size 12

After watching the Disappeared episode just now, I have to agree a little with his mom, the PI, and the detective. I believe he had some kind of psychotic break related to either stimulants and/or alcohol and/or onset of mental illness and possibly a head injury. I believe he walked away from the accident. I believe he is either dead or living among the mentally ill homeless, unsure of who and where he is.
One thing that struck me as odd. Everyone on screen kept saying he was heading home. The GPS was set to the home address. But Bryce never said he was going home. Everyone assumes that and stated that, but in the episode, Bryce is never portrayed as expressing that. I really feel for his parents. I will be interested to see if this latest body found answers any of Bryce's parent's questions or perhaps those of another family.

BBM Completely agree. He never did say he was going home. As a matter of fact, he told his mom and the police that he was going to hang out with friends. Mom assumed he was going home but it has been my belief from the very beginning that he never had any intention of going home.

I would never say discount someone because of the clothing found with them but this guy was found with size 9 shoes and Bryce wears size 12
I agree with you, but just to be Devil's Advocate- FYI, there was a murderer I once saw on a true crime show, who initially threw off the police by wearing shoes a couple of sizes too small so that when he left footprints they wouldn't be looking for him!

I'm just finishing up watching the episode.

I think Bryce is probably deceased, either by some sort of accident or by suicide. From the first time I heard about the car accident I thought it was probably intentional. I've always held a lingering thought that he's in the lake, regardless of how many times I hear it's been cleared.

I think the drug and alcohol abuse contributed to his state of mind. I can imagine, if you were feeling a bit out of the ordinary anyway, that such constant attempts by your parents to get in touch/trace you (phone/Christian/LE) would become a bit freaky and contribute to a rising paranoia. For that reason, I can also see why Bryce would've wanted to run away from it all, but I think even if he did that he probably ended up deceased not long afterwards. I can't explain why, as I know that some people do successfully run away and are found alive years later, but I just have a feeling that Bryce is no longer with us.

I really wish his parents had trusted Kim and Sean. Imagine when you were their age and your friend was acting a weird. You'd only report it to their parents as a last resort if you were seriously concerned. That sort of instinct should be trusted, IMO.

I don't think you can unless someone records it and posts it on YouTube or similar. I plan on watching it and posting a detailed recap along with any new info (if there is any.....I am not holding my breath.)

You can buy individual episodes or seasons of ID shows on Amazon or watch some on YouTube.

I'm just finishing up watching the episode.

I think Bryce is probably deceased, either by some sort of accident or by suicide. From the first time I heard about the car accident I thought it was probably intentional. I've always held a lingering thought that he's in the lake, regardless of how many times I hear it's been cleared.

I think the drug and alcohol abuse contributed to his state of mind. I can imagine, if you were feeling a bit out of the ordinary anyway, that such constant attempts by your parents to get in touch/trace you (phone/Christian/LE) would become a bit freaky and contribute to a rising paranoia. For that reason, I can also see why Bryce would've wanted to run away from it all, but I think even if he did that he probably ended up deceased not long afterwards. I can't explain why, as I know that some people do successfully run away and are found alive years later, but I just have a feeling that Bryce is no longer with us.

I really wish his parents had trusted Kim and Sean. Imagine when you were their age and your friend was acting a weird. You'd only report it to their parents as a last resort if you were seriously concerned. That sort of instinct should be trusted, IMO.

Thank you. Well said. I think you are right about how this went down.

[video=youtube;wzj0PisqdW0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzj0PisqdW0&sns=fb[/video]

or

http://vodlocker.com/81j74jwqgb1j

Just bringing this forward for anyone who wants to watch it. I was able to bring up the video but not play it (it would start for a second and then start buffering and it kept doing that) - but I think that's just my junky computer acting up. It's like 40 minutes long; so I assume it's the whole show and not just a trailer.

ETA: If you click on the video in the post, it will say that its blocked in this country (U.S.), but if you click on the vodlocker link below the embedded video, it will take you to the video.

Just bringing this forward for anyone who wants to watch it. I was able to bring up the video but not play it - but I think that's just my junky computer acting up. It's like 40 minutes long; so I assume it's the whole show and not just a trailer.

Thank you Redux!!

BTW, I just purchased it on Amazon for $2.99. Just too impatient to wait for it to show up on their website. :p

Hey!

SassyBenton said:
I sheepishly admit that I was quite a wild youngster and did my fair share of experimenting with drugs, which is why I worry about his state of mind those last few days. A stimulant plus a hallucinogen plus possibly alcohol, who knows what state he could’ve been in but then again, the police seemed to think he was fine and let him go, so how messed up could he have been? Very baffling…

Yes, that part is baffling! If he was catatonic (That's the word I was looking for! :D) - the police would have seen this... so who knows!

Whiteorchids said:
Your absolutely right. The first SARS dog on the scene quickly when the blood inside vehicle, tracks, were fresh the dog went to the edge of the lake so possibly he went in there first to wash off and get cool.

So Cal was in the triple digits that day. Im in OC CA it was around 112° that weekend. Central air conditioner wasn't helping at all. sweltering We were miserable. I will never forget it because it doesn't usually get that hot. It was horrible.

but didn't this all happen at night? A bit cooler, but you could be right - I do remember the first dogs going to the lake.

:seeya:

Just bringing this forward for anyone who wants to watch it. I was able to bring up the video but not play it (it would start for a second and then start buffering and it kept doing that) - but I think that's just my junky computer acting up. It's like 40 minutes long; so I assume it's the whole show and not just a trailer.

ETA: If you click on the video in the post, it will say that its blocked in this country (U.S.), but if you click on the vodlocker link below the embedded video, it will take you to the video.

Thanks finally got it to work. Going to watch when I get home from work [emoji5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98