CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day I was googling up a storm and landed on a site about Crips gang tags being unique to each individual crips sector (for lack of a better term). I thought Crips were cribs. I didn't k ow there were various neighborhood mini gangs with their own hierarchy. Fascinating stuff. It was a long read but I could swear I stumbled upon "sumo" being a tag specific to one of the sectors. So the "Fecto" could be the street name of someone from the Sumo Crips. I'm going to search for the info again and see what I can find.

For now, that's all a hazy memory as the result of a late night googlefest. So please don't regard it as fact. Ill report back with what I find! :)

For those interested in graffiti-tagging and gangs here is a link to some info.
http://www.streetgangs.com/graffiti/

Just throwing it out here.. IMO I don't think there is a connection, though anything is possible

Well, FB i can't access (see ^^).

LL on Twitter ... i've gone through who LL is following. Out of 295, the ONLY Canadian content i can find is RickMercer, Canada Statistics, George Strombouloplous, and one i can't recall related to the east coast. I've seen a lot of Vancouver/BC Twitter accounts ... IMO this is simply NOT a typical Vancouverite.

She was born here, grew up in Vancouver, went to UBC ... nothing on that Twitter that would even remotely hint at this being EL.

MOO

Then I'm not a typical Vancouverite either.

I don't really use Twitter, but there's not a lot of Canadian content on what I follow on FB/Tumblr--it's mostly stuff related to my own interests. In fact, I don't think I follow anything Vancouver-specific. I don't post pictures of Vancouver in general, because, well, I live here. I've lived here for years. It may be a pretty place, but it's normal to me. When I post pictures I've taken, they're usually of places I've visited, because to me that's way more interesting.

I think the path of verifying the Tumblr/Twitter as Elisa's has been pretty documented (I was skeptical at first, too). That said, I don't find the absence of local colour that unusual--IMO, the sort of person who finds it easier to connect with people online (frequently shy/introverted/geeky/a bit troubled) is often the sort of person who may not be terribly involved in life on a local level (no criticism meant; I'm that sort of person).

That said, FWIW, in the instagram account attached to that Twitter name there is a picture of the Vancouver library (it's a very distinctive building).

I don't think that ever came to their mind. Security was never on the list of things to fix....

I just meant that it seems they don't have very good security, since people have said they only saw staff at the front desk when they were staying there, etc. And maybe if there had been better security, this might not have happened to EL?

Am I allowed to post this?

Copied and pasted from Paul's Restaurant's Yelp profile, please delete if not allowed:

Another mention of Anna and Paul. I think it's safe to say their names are Anna and Paul.

Checkout the aug 30, 2008 review in the following page about 'Paul' not being the current owner's name, but customers like to call him Paul anyway.

http://www.weblocal.ca/pauls-restaurant-burnaby-bc.html

BTW, some Chinese press (such as major news networks Apple Daily & Xinhua News) use 林可儿 or 林可兒 (with the 'forest' Lam 林 in stead of the 'blue' Lam 藍 )for Elisa's Chinese name. Since in Cantonese both 藍 & 林 are spelled as Lam, while in Mandarin, it is Lan & Lin respectively. That probably would add more confusion to the name issue.

Should we just address Elisa's parents as Mr. & Mrs. Lam?

Oh I read your post wrong. You were saying the same thing I was. Sorry! :floorlaugh:

it'll probably never be on their list....no cameras in hallways...

Have you ever noticed that out all the pictures and videos taken of the cecil, you hardly see anyone walking in the hallways....it's like a ghost town...

it'll probably never be on their list....no cameras in hallways...

Have you ever noticed that out all the pictures and videos taken of the cecil, you hardly see anyone walking in the hallways....it's like a ghost town...

Yeah. Totally creepy.

I'm not simply stating it's Dec 31st; it's fact. Go to that user's archive page (add /archive after the URL -- the user she reblogged it from), go to December, and you can see it, too! :) I'm not sure I can link it here, since it isn't Elisa's.

I find it weird that her queue is emptying regularly at midnight every day now, when it wasn't emptying for awhile, and was a different interval before. Weird that she manually programmed all of these. But so far, every one has been a post from before her disappearance.

I've mentioned that before. Her posts are fairly random up until she disappears then the posts come in a queued fashion. Why would she do this unless she knew she wouldn't be able to post and even if she knew she'd be away for a day or two or even a week. I'm having trouble with a months worth of posting. She should have been home in Vancouver a couple weeks ago.

okay funny bunny ;)

Let's pretend my name IRL is Cedric Swartzkopf and I want to post anonymously on tumblr. I could use a nick that doesn't relate in any way to my real name (i.e. LaptopLouis) or a combination of over 600 potential two-letter, totally non-identifying combinations, other than CS. If you are trying to remain anonymous, why use anything that even comes close to your real initials. As far as we know, Elisa didn't go by Lisa, so I just find the choice of those two initials a bit intriguing.

Like i said, it is only a mild observation. Not really expecting any answers (although i will admit, yours was a good one).

We have a friend of the family named Elisa her nickname is El

I actually want to add to my answer that a person with Elisa's phone could not have changed magr*********'s posting date--only that user could. I'm not sure what the motive would be for her to do so.

If anyone was inclined to, they could look at the reblogs from magr********. if she backdated after posting, that would not change the dates for any of the people who blogged it from her. It would be a laborious task, but if all of those users had a Feb. date, you'd have something.

Edit: here's a link to the first part of my answer: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #4

btw I just want to add that while you can backdate a post, you can't really change the post ID (part of a post's URL) unless you delete it completely and post a duplicate image under a new post. The post ID from magr******** for the hermit card seems to be correctly ordered in around the December 31 time frame, which is "39326664604"

Checkout the aug 30, 2008 review in the following page about 'Paul' not being the current owner's name, but customers like to call him Paul anyway.

http://www.weblocal.ca/pauls-restaurant-burnaby-bc.html

BTW, some Chinese press (such as major news networks Apple Daily & Xinhua News) use 林可儿 or 林可兒 (with the 'forest' Lam 林 in stead of the 'blue' Lam 藍 )for Elisa's Chinese name. Since in Cantonese both 藍 & 林 are spelled as Lam, while in Mandarin, it is Lan & Lin respectively. That probably would add more confusion to the name issue.

Should we just address Elisa's parents as Mr. & Mrs. Lam?

I read a review from 2012 that mentioned Dave. So he could have been the owner at the time. I was just remarking that if Mr. Lam's name is Paul that would be another huge coincidence since the restaurant apparently has been the same name for, according to some, 30 years.

I wasn't wanting to sleuth the parents for the sake of it.
I just wanted to know why they had never been even really named in the media. Usually next of kin do, sooner or later.
Some here may know if there are cases where family always remain anonymous. Or one parent known by name, another not.

I've been asking myself why am I so certain of what I believe I'm seeing in this video. Then it dawned on me; it's my job!

I'm a night auditor in hotels. I've been one for over 10-years, and part of my job is staring at security footage to determine what happened.

I've dealt with almost every kind of situation you could possibly imagine, and the only thing, in my professional opinion, that explains this video is she ran into a paranoid schizophrenic.

I know night auditors have a reputation of being worthless, and most are. I know it's not a glamorous job, but it's my job, and I take it pretty serious. If I was working there, this never would have happened, because I would have been watching the monitors, like I been doing for about 6-hours a day, 5-days a week, for the last 10-years.

I know hotels, I know security footage, and I know people. This is how I know what I'm looking at, and even then this video took me about 2-days to figure out. It's a tough video to figure out.

I'm not a detective in any way. I'd be completely worthless in any other investigation. It just happens that my particular skill set is perfect for this particular case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3TjVBpyTeZM#t=90s

1:30
The suspect gives Elisa 20-seconds exactly to leave the 14th floor. Unknown to both, Elisa keeps pressing the "HOLD DOOR" button, and the suspect believes this confirms Elisa is a threat.

In my professional opinion, there is no other explanation to this action. I believe Elisa went to the 14th floor by accident and tried to enter the wrong room. This made the occupant in that room believe Elisa was a threat, and he followed her to the elevator. The suspect gives her a chance to leave, and when she fails to, he believes this confirms she's a threat, and he then takes her up to the roof and seals her in the water-tank.

This is just my opinion, but please consider that I'm not just some guy pulling this from my butt.

I've mentioned that before. Her posts are fairly random up until she disappears then the posts come in a queued fashion. Why would she do this unless she knew she wouldn't be able to post and even if she knew she'd be away for a day or two or even a week. I'm having trouble with a months worth of posting. She should have been home in Vancouver a couple weeks ago.

The big question I have is what was her state of mind leading to her disappearance... If she had a mental illness, which I believe the evidence does confirm, she may have had an episode resulting in the irregular postings you are referring to, as well as the strange behaviour we see in the elevator...

You would think if there was strong enough evidence to suggest foul play, that LE would issue a warning to women in the neighbourhood... This I presume would be the minimum that LE would do should they suspect homicide of a random victim...

14th floor or 15th floor?

Is there consensus if the elevator video started on the 14th or 15th floor??
Was she on the 14th? Or 15th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member