CA - Cash App Creator, Bob Lee, Stabbed to Death, San Francisco, Apr 2023 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IIRC, earlier reporting on this case stated that LE said the knife that killed Bob Lee was a match for a set of knives that belonged to the sister's residence. So how did the homeless guy get the knife that killed Bob Lee that came from Khazar Momeni's kitchen?
Lead homicide inspector Dittmer said the brand of knives found at KM’s apartment was Joseph Joseph. The brand of the knife found near the scene with NM’s DNA on handle and Bob Lee’s DNA found on blade was also Joseph Joseph.

They're trying to blame a homeless guy?

Yet video did not see a homeless guy following Bob Lee?
On the contrary, Momeni and Lee were together in the white car (which Momeni drove to a secluded area instead of to Lee's hotel), and were seen together outside of the car in that secluded area.

And why was Momeni such a wreck when he got home in Emeryville that night? If he didn't do anything. and didn't know anything about an attack, why did he freak out so badly? And didn't the sister show up too later banging on the doors looking for him?

IIRC, we only know it was a woman and I think it was the day before? I don't have link and am going by memory - maybe we did find out later. Someone in the building reported a woman yelling.

But unless you have a link saying it was the sister and that it was his residential building (for some reason I thought it was his fairly newly leased office in a SF building), I am going to say your view is at variance with my memory. We both could be wrong. Did they even mention the incident yesterday>

IMO. Speculation at this point in time. I don't recall the part about him "being a wreck" when he got home to Emeryville. Who was waiting there to notice? Or, rather, who noticed it? Do you have a ilnk?

Thanks. I'm sure there are things I've missed in this story. I'll check my sources as well.

I've not seen specific information revealed about the knife yet, but I may have missed it. I've looked some. If anyone could provide a link that would be wonderful. TIA. I've only seen it mention as "kitchen knife."

I suspect defense has nothing due to the attempt to bring in a homeless person. And this is the new defense team? :rolleyes: Good grief.

moo

IIRC, we only know it was a woman and I think it was the day before? I don't have link and am going by memory - maybe we did find out later. Someone in the building reported a woman yelling.

But unless you have a link saying it was the sister and that it was his residential building (for some reason I thought it was his fairly newly leased office in a SF building), I am going to say your view is at variance with my memory. We both could be wrong. Did they even mention the incident yesterday>

IMO. Speculation at this point in time. I don't recall the part about him "being a wreck" when he got home to Emeryville. Who was waiting there to notice? Or, rather, who noticed it? Do you have a ilnk?

Thanks. I'm sure there are things I've missed in this story. I'll check my sources as well.
Right. The unidentified shouting woman was the night before.

The ”being a wreck” part likely refers to him asking his neighbor to bring him all of his alcohol. This was the day of the murder but I don’t know how many hours later. Could have been several hours later or more.

Last edited:
I've not seen specific information revealed about the knife yet, but I may have missed it. I've looked some. If anyone could provide a link that would be wonderful. TIA. I've only seen it mention as "kitchen knife."

I suspect defense has nothing due to the attempt to bring in a homeless person. And this is the new defense team? :rolleyes: Good grief.

moo
See attached screenshots.

Attachments

• IMG_4201.jpeg
    IMG_4201.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4202.jpeg
    IMG_4202.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 11
Right. The unidentified shouting woman was the night before.

The ”being a wreck” part likely refers to him asking his neighbor to bring him all of his alcohol. This was the day of the murder but I don’t know how many hours later. Could have been several hours later or more.

Thank you so much. I thought shouting woman was before and not after.

I didn't know about him asking a neighbor to bring alcohol. The neighbor's alcohol, I presume. The crime occurred very near the bridge that leads to Emeryville, so I've always assumed he went directly home. Come to think of it, we have no news of whether LE ever searched his apartment in Emeryville or took samples from the drains. I am assuming they did not.

IMO.

moo

The part about its brand is now a matter of court record. So it's in the DM today (attributed to a LEO-expert):

Update: As Mission Local reports from the courtroom, defense attorneys also brought up a new name, Jeremy Boivin, as the romantic interest of Momeni's sister who he was most concerned about. The attorneys said that Boivin had been hanging around with Lee and Momeni earlier in the day. The defense also questioned the "honor killing" narrative and called it incorrect.

Nima Momeni, the man accused of killing tech executive Bob Lee in San Francisco, returns to court this morning for the second day of his preliminary hearing.

By Sergio Quintana • Published July 31, 2023 • Updated 3 hours ago​

The man accused of killing tech executive Bob Lee in San Francisco returned to court Monday for a preliminary hearing.

Nima Momeni has pleaded not guilty to a first-degree murder charge in the April 4 stabbing death of the CashApp founder. Momeni has been held in San Francisco jail without bail.

Monday's hearing was the first of two days of preliminary proceedings. The hearing featured several San Francisco police investigators who testified.

Update: As Mission Local reports from the courtroom, defense attorneys also brought up a new name, Jeremy Boivin, as the romantic interest of Momeni's sister who he was most concerned about. The attorneys said that Boivin had been hanging around with Lee and Momeni earlier in the day. The defense also questioned the "honor killing" narrative and called it incorrect.

I find it interesting that the defense is introducing a new person and describing him as a "romantic interest of Momeni's sister." I can see their strategy to get the focus off of NM being angry with Bob Lee, but can't imagine that the family would be too happy about this, i.e. discussing a "romantic interest" of the married sister, Khazar.

But maybe this is just being reported this way (using terms like "romantic interest"), and not the terminology/phrasing used by the defense.

If this case goes to trial, which I really hope it does (for justice for the family of Bob Lee), then I wonder if the prosecution will call Khazar Momeni to testify. It seems that she must know a lot about all the things being discussed at the preliminary hearing. But I assume that she would be a hostile witness to the prosecution.

Last edited:
Short video a little over 2 minutes.

I would like to see the prosecution step up and speak publicly about the case, to counter some of these public appearances by the defense. Even if the prosecution doesn't want to speak about the details, they could speak about their confidence in the evidence, etc.

The defense is trying to control the public narrative, and influence the jury pool if the case proceeds to trial. Hoping that it does, for justice for Bob Lee.

Momeni’s defense team will deliver its closing argument when court resumes Tuesday afternoon.

1 p.m. — Prosecution calls six witnesses, rests its case

After calling six witnesses over two days, the prosecution rested its case and informed the judge that no additional witnesses would be called.

The six witnesses were:

As the second day of testimony in the preliminary hearing for Nima Momeni unfolded Tuesday morning, the assistant medical examiner went into detail about the fatal stab wounds that led to the death of CashApp founder Bob Lee last April.

SAN FRANCISCO -- As the second day of testimony in the preliminary hearing for Nima Momeni unfolded Tuesday morning, the assistant medical examiner who performed the autopsy on Bob Lee went into detail about the fatal stab wounds that led to the death of CashApp founder last April.

Momeni allegedly stabbed Lee on the 300 block of Main Street in the city's Rincon Hill neighborhood during an early morning confrontation back on April 4.

Momeni, 38, has been in jail since his arrest April 13. He has pleaded not guilty and faces 26 years to life if convicted. [...]

[...]
Assistant District Attorney Omid Talai moved on to the next witness, a DNA expert and criminalist with the SFPD who confirmed he swabbed for DNA on the knife handle and blade. Talai asked step-by-step questions to confirm the validity of how DNA evidence was taken and processed. The witness responded that "nothing stood out that anything was handled inappropriately" and that all evidence collection was "within protocol."

[...] Momeni's defense introduced their first witness shortly before noon, bringing Sgt. Dittmer back to the stand for further questioning prior to the lunch recess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pencat
Back