CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone explain this.

Chelsea disappears on Thursday evening.

Gardner is arrested Sunday afternoon, two and a half days later, in Mexican canteen next to the lake where evidence of foul play was found.

His pants are covered in mud when arrested.

p.s.
Forgot to add - a 100 pound body is difficult to carry for any long distance by someone on foot, even if the person is fit.

In regards to the 100lb body being difficult for one person to carry...

Police said this: "Detectives are "leaving the door open" to the possibility that additional suspects might be identified in the case, Caldwell said."

Taken from: http://www.10news.com/news/22678790/detail.html

This is just so sad. I used to run by myself and now I don't do it anymore. I walk with my neighbors and that's it. One day I was running through a park and a man came behind me. I ran faster and vowed that was the last time I ran alone. Our freedoms are eroding very quickly. I am so hoping she is found alive. Could she be in the water???

BBM...........No ONE listens!!!! The law lets these guys out to do it again and again!!!

Agreed. And according to court documents:

Thus, Defendant's lack of remorse in the face of overwhelming evidence of guilt and his prior admissions of committing the crime show that he can be expected to re-offend when he gets the opportunity to do so.

Kinda says it all doesn't it :(

Mel

What do we know about JAG???

Here's a little background, after reading his court documents.

JAG is going to turn 31 this year, and is a registered sex offender charged with lewd acts on a child under the age of 14.

The circumstances surrounding that are this (according to court documents): When JAG was 20 (almost 21) he offered to give a 13 year old (whom he knew) a ride to school. Instead of taking her to school, he took her to his mothers town home where they decided to watch Patch Adams (the movie). During the movie, he repeatedly (against her wishes) fondled her, and attempted to rape her. He then beat her when she didn't cooperate. She ran across the street, and the neighbor called 911. Police showed up and arrested him a few minutes later, where he claims that he dropped the victim off at her apartment and her mother beat her. That didn't hold up very well in court..and he was charged with 3 counts of lewd acts on a child and one count of child molestation. He received 5 years (of a requested 6 year sentence) and a psychiatrist said he showed "no remorse" to the victim or the victims family and was "likely to offend again".

Have the two central hills been search up fairly high?

4151250886_d3777c8da2.jpg

Especially th one on the right?? Or the view I saw could have been from along the closest shore looking towards the right 'hill'. Are there eucalyptus tress on those two 'Islands'?? I'm talking about what's in the upper right in the photo.

Bladder and bowels are also released when someone dies... (yes, graphic - but true). If it was strangulation (common in rape), then there probably wasn't much blood. So perhaps these other bodily fluids?

The current one is the DSM-IV-TR. Although he could fit many labels, I do think many rapists/murderers fit the category of Antisocial Personality Disorder. Even though a licensed professional (psychologist, SW, psychiatrist) needs to make the official diagnosis, I believe creeps like this justify being tried, diagnosed, etc, in the public by armchair psychologists, judges, investigators - regular old people who are disgusted by their actions.

Did anyone see this story on Chatroulette yesterday? I had never heard of it. Geez....

Great information. I know the DSM III was updated to another book so I was speaking from the early 80s. As I said in one of the threads I am no spring chicken. My career evolved thru many avenues over the past years. I spent considerable time working with battered women as well. I have seen alot and endured alot and as many pursued the same fields that I took have been diagnosed with hypertension and other issues. I must say I like many others I experienced burnout in this career choice and had to leave the field.

I must say I like many others I experienced burnout in this career choice and had to leave the field.

I'm right there with you... not burned out yet but getting close.

ETA: I hope my correction didn't sound "know-it-all"-ish... There are so many posters who say "I've taken two psychology courses and this is what is going on with this person/case", etc, etc. I then hate for folks to listen to that person and say that a "psychologist" posting on WS said such-and-such. I am a psychologist, fwiw, and at times I feel the need to step in and correct someone. So I apologize if my post seemed too corrective, especially to someone with your background. I hope you understand the sentiment!

John Albert Gardner III, 30, has been positively linked to an attack that occurred Dec. 27 at the Rancho Bernardo Community Park, San Diego police Capt. Jim Collins told The San Diego Union-Tribune. Collins declined to say how the link was made.

The woman in the Dec. 27 attack lives in Colorado but was visiting family in the area when she went for a morning jog alone in the park and was tackled by a man who demanded money, the Union-Tribune reported.

She hit him in the face with her elbow and got away, then left town before she could work with police on a composite sketch of the assailant, Collins told the newspaper.

The victim's sister has said police took a swab for DNA testing after the attack, according to the Union-Tribune.

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2010/mar/02/police-say-suspect-chelsea-king-case-linked-anothe/

Just caught up on the updates overnight. I'll be going to volunteer after work today and see if I can be a relief volunteer. Does anyone know if this will be welcomed or are they only wanting people to come in the mornings? Thanks TravelBug for all your work once again. I'm live in Westwood on Poblado & W.Bernardo and I appreciate your passion for our community.

Just caught up on the updates overnight. I'll be going to volunteer after work today and see if I can be a relief volunteer. Does anyone know if this will be welcomed or are they only wanting people to come in the mornings? Thanks TravelBug for all your work once again. I'm live in Westwood on Poblado & W.Bernardo and I appreciate your passion for our community.

As far as I know they need people all day long. When I searched on Sunday I went out at 3:45pm, but they dont search after dark because they have to account for everyone and its too likely someone could get lost etc...

As far as I know they need people all day long. When I searched on Sunday I went out at 3:45pm, but they dont search after dark because they have to account for everyone and its too likely someone could get lost etc...

Thank you for the reply. I'll go by and offer to help in any way they need. Unfortunately I've had to work all weekend or otherwise I would've been there daily. What assignment were you given at 3:45p?

I, for one, am more than disgusted at this creep's mother and stepfather (and grandmother apparently whom he was supposed to be living with!) They had to have known the terms of his release and registration as a sex offender yet allowed him to stay with them unsupervised and his grandmother allowed him to register her address as his residence though he wasn't staying there on a full time basis? They share some of the responsibility in my eyes. If a child of mine was convicted of a sex crime against an underage person I would make sure they followed the terms of their registration, regardless of how old they were, and wouldn't let them stay in my home, especially with an elementary school so close by.

I'm right there with you... not burned out yet but getting close.

ETA: I hope my correction didn't sound "know-it-all"-ish... There are so many posters who say "I've taken two psychology courses and this is what is going on with this person/case", etc, etc. I then hate for folks to listen to that person and say that a "psychologist" posting on WS said such-and-such. I am a psychologist, fwiw, and at times I feel the need to step in and correct someone. So I apologize if my post seemed too corrective, especially to someone with your background. I hope you understand the sentiment![/QUOTE

Not at all (was not offended), I was in the field so long I can notice education and professionalism in these posts. I also noticed that incorrect information was being posted about offenders and their traits. I was also very concerned when I saw people assumming that JAG without knowing more about this person would only offend women of puberty without knowing his case history. If Phillip Garrido didnt break the mold or sterotype in peoples minds I dont know what would. This individual violently raped a woman and then turned around after his jail time served to kidnap a child and repeatedly rape and torture her for decades.

I, for one, am more than disgusted at this creep's mother and stepfather (and grandmother apparently whom he was supposed to be living with!) They had to have known the terms of his release and registration as a sex offender yet allowed him to stay with them unsupervised and his grandmother allowed him to register her address as his residence though he wasn't staying there on a full time basis? They share some of the responsibility in my eyes. If a child of mine was convicted of a sex crime against an underage person I would make sure they followed the terms of their registration, regardless of how old they were, and wouldn't let they stay in my home, especially with an elementary school so close by.

I am totally with you on this!!

with the now 'positive link' to the December attack (link posted upstream) perhaps we will see more charges tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust