CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sketch looks so much like him. He actually may have bleached his hair out to a Scott Peterson shade of bad blond before going out committing a crime as a blonde manipulating things ahead of time. He may have had every intention that day of killing the girl who thankfully got away.

Yeah, way out of SD! She has gotten almost no tv time in NorCal. How's the coverage been in L.A.?

Im in LA County and we have about 70 percent coverage of your investigation and search efforts. We are a little more lenient to SO offenders so perhaps it will come here. Please dont assume that we dont convict because that is not the case.

We have also had some of most gruesome murder trials too...OJ case of course and others.

The actual change of venue does take into consideration the victims family and how far they will have to travel. But the purpose is basicly skewed to the defendant and his/her right to a fair trial.

Surprisingly there hasn't been a ton of coverage on this in Riverside County or Orange County (the surrounding counties.) Good chance it will get moved to one or the other.

so the car in front of him in arrest picture was car he was driving?

No matter where they move this case I think the end result will be the same...the dna is going to convict this monster

in fact, I personally think that we need new laws to keep up with the new technology....there should be a "fast track' for cases with strong dna evidence...fast track to the needle

People need to use their heads and work to change laws...vote, email and call lawmakers....get active....painting stuff on garage doors is stupid and unfair to the neighbors of a perp's family

vigilante justice is dangerous...people need to do proactive things that might make a difference

and what about the LE in this area?? why weren't these crimes of JAG connected..why weren't there warnings out there?

and what about the LE in this area?? why weren't these crimes of JAG connected..why weren't there warnings out there?
___

especially in expensive, touristy areas like S. Cal, LE does not like to advertise that predators are on the loose, they get so much from pressure from city managers__to NOT draw these types of conclusions. I know this happens in every state, not just CA. I live in NM and it took a gravesite with 13 bodies of women tucked inside to be found by accident before police would admit that a serial killer had been at work stalking vulnerable women, mostly prostitutes, for years. Locals never knew a thing about it and the avenue where the "stroll" is here leads right into the college campus...not exactly the same thing as a predator in a park, maybe, but lives were lost that might not have been. And all they have to say about it now is that "probably" the killer is dead._____________

In California you can sign up to be notified if you fear someone being let out of jail without your knowledge. I used it once and was, in fact, notified. I actually was long off his radar I hoped, but have made it a point to keep track for my own sense of having some control and power over my own safety. It's called VINE.

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/siteInfoAction.do?siteId=5000

CA Statewide - All Other Counties Resources

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

California State VINE - All counties not listed below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The California State Victim Notification service (VINE) helps victims of crime obtain information about the custody status of their offender and is provided to you by your local sheriff. VINE is a free service that is available 24-hours a day, seven days a week. VINE is available in English and Spanish and all registrations are confidential. Anyone can call or visit online to obtain custody information and/or register with VINE to receive automatic notification of any change in custody status.

Currently VINE is available in 17 California counties as an individual county- wide program. The California State Victim Notification service includes all other California counties under a single toll free number and online system.

Click on the search tab above to begin searching for offenders. Once you locate the offender you are searching for, click on the Register/Details icon to register for both phone and/or email notification on any custody changes for the offender."

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/siteInfoAction.do?siteId=5000

http://www.10news.com/download/2010/0303/22733356.pdf

From the criminal complaint - Count 2: Am I reading this correctly? Are they charging him with attempted rape on the December 27th jogger?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVmnsVY97kw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

And from the San Diego Youth Symphony - Is that Chelsea sitting in front of the big drum? If so, at about 8:40, the conductor returns and gives her special recognition first.

I have been following this case on the news but not really over here on the board. What a heartbreaking tragedy. I should say another heartbreaking tragedy and I am getting sick and tired of reading and hearing about these sex offenders that are let out of prison to stalk and prey upon our women and children. Why in God's gracious name are the powers that be allowing this? And maybe this might have been discussed but would someone be so kind as to explain to me what the three strikes rule or whatever is about? Are they saying it should be three strikes and your out??

Strike one and two are okay? Don't people see it's thinking like this that is causing our children to be killed? Strike one....they rape and let them go....and they will let them go( their victims), cause it's only one darn strike. But, it is a fact these SO's don't stop and they move on to murder their victims so they don't earn strike 2....or 3, am I understanding the 3 strike thing? I hope I got it all wrong. This is just so sad. So sad to hear that this offender was already behind bars and this could have been prevented. My prayers go out to her family. God, please bring them some peace.

Hi,

This is being hosted by a former co-worker of mine. If any of you are in the SD area/ Escondido or just want to come out and support this, please go to this facebook page created just for this run:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=344221613814&ref=nf

RUN FOR CHELSEA - TAKE BACK THE PARKS

SATURDAY, MARCH 20, 2010
9 AM - 10:30 AM
LAKE HODGES

The minute we stop doing what we love (or maybe just like), they've won.

Yeah, way out of SD! She has gotten almost no tv time in NorCal. How's the coverage been in L.A.?

I live in LA now - It was the lead story for a couple of days on the local news and still is one of the lead stories. LA likes to "claim" San Diego sometimes when big things happen like this. Of course, I'm more keyed into it because I'm from the area, but even people I've talked to up here know about the case.

Orange county and Ventura get the same news that LA does. I'm not sure about Riverside or San Bernardino Counties but I would assume they would also get the LA news. Even Santa Barbara gets some LA news stations.

The story has been surprisingly national. I've seen it on all 3 nightly news programs, CNN, HNL, etc etc. Obviously you have to be paying attention to hear about it, but still...

from soyesterday on the last thread:
Gosh...there are so many of us that are victims of abuse here too huh?
Your post makes me think of my situation too.
The man that i was abused by for years is under supervision kinda too.
But i mean...while we're waiting for trial dates and stuff....he's not allowed to leave the state or have unsupervised contact w/ children or contact me at all....but when they do that...what's to stop them really?
I mean they supposedly keep in touch by "phone" or something.
How does that stop a sex offender from being around kids anyway???
While you wait for court dates, they're out on the streets anyway?
I don't get it....

The guy I am speaking of goes on trial for his crime here on May 17th, a year after the incident. It's been a long year for our community, and a long year to know he's out there living his life while we all try to clean up the mess he's left in his wake.

That poor little girl .... all of those poor little girls, and boys too--they don't stand a chance against convicted sex offenders who are released, over and over again. Is it not sad that the worth and safety of a child is not as valued as a criminal's rights? The net result appears to be that protecting vulnerable souls is less meaningful than protecting the freedom of sex offenders. Despite all the laws on the books, they're still being released, and innocent young people are still having the life snuffed out of them -- all so that a remorseless sociopath missing a conscience can enjoy sexually brutalizing and murdering them. That's the very definition of "sick."

I live in LA now - It was the lead story for a couple of days on the local news and still is one of the lead stories. LA likes to "claim" San Diego sometimes when big things happen like this. Of course, I'm more keyed into it because I'm from the area, but even people I've talked to up here know about the case.

Orange county and Ventura get the same news that LA does. I'm not sure about Riverside or San Bernardino Counties but I would assume they would also get the LA news. Even Santa Barbara gets some LA news stations.

The story has been surprisingly national. I've seen it on all 3 nightly news programs, CNN, HNL, etc etc. Obviously you have to be paying attention to hear about it, but still...

Chelsea's story has been on my news all the way here in New Hampshire. I have friends and family that know all about her and don't hang out on here.

So he was an electrician....creepy to think how many houses he's probably been in and maybe even alone w/ women while their husbands are at work....
We've put on a new addition in our house and had workers coming in and out of here for over a year....and one of them creeped me out so much....somtimes if i was out and i noticed his van was still at my house, i would just not go home till it was gone....
he would stare alot and one time i came out of my living room and into my kitchen and he was standing right there....i never even said he could come in to that part of my house!!...i was freaked out....actually he did that more than once....
it's so scary.....
i would be freaking out right now if i was one of the people that had let JAG come into my house before to do electrical work....:(

so i can't even get on to chelse'a fb page anymore....when i click on it, it brings me back to my "wall"...do u guys know if they closed the original one cuz of the hackers? :(

I caught a glimpse of a mark under his chin on the right, I wonder if this is why he keeps his head down during the arraignment? He also has two spots on his right cheek that look like moles on camera but cannot be seen on the previously released mugshot.. scratch marks? Did anyone notice these?

In the post-arraignment press conference yesterday, the DA sounded pretty adamant that Gardner could get a fair trial in San Diego. I get the feeling they will fight a change of venue and I would be quite surprised if it happened. If Westerfield didn't get one, I doubt Gardner will.

Yeah that sketch looks alot like him but I believe the girl stated he was blonde in her description which we know is not the case.

BUT was he blonde at that time????
Just like Scott Perterson, he could of bleached his hair.......
We are seeing him now and remember now his head is shaved..........
I never go by haircolor, I was in the salon business for years and saw
men and women change color all the time.
Men can go different colors and shave it all off the next day..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member