CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not saying that JAG's use of this type of defense will work, Im simply pointing out that it will no doubt be used by his defense lawyer or public defender in trying to explain the crime he is accused of doing. The use of these kinds of defenses are aimed at humanizing the accused and drawing empathy from the jurors. Please be clear people because I state something does not mean in any way that I support or edorse sexual offenders and their crimes. It will be intersting to see the degree of his bi-polar disorder. Until more information on his condition is released it is hard to draw more concrete conclusions.

I hope you don't think I was accusing you of supporting or endorsing this type of crime at all. I completely agree with you that it will more than likely show up in court in one way or another by the defense...as will any psychological trauma, abuse, etc. that he may have sustained earlier in life....ANYTHING they can throw at the wall to try and excuse away his horrible actions and try and get him an ounce of sympathy.

I appreciate your viewpoint and input!

Updated: Mar 04, 2010 7:47 AM PST
A convicted sex offender charged Wednesday with murdering 17-year-old Chelsea King while raping or attempting to rape her was linked to the crime by DNA found in her clothing, a state Justice Department spokeswoman

Police say convicted sex offender John Gardner was linked to 17-year old Chelsea King through semen found in the victim's clothing.
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-poway-missing,0,5645458.story

A convicted sex offender charged with murdering Chelsea King in San Diego may be linked to the attempted kidnapping of another teenager in Lake Elsinore.

John Albert Gardner III is being held without bail after pleading not guilty to murdering the 17-year-old King.

After his arrest, the family of a 16-year-old girl told police that their daughter recognized Gardner from news reports as the man who tried to kidnap her on Oct. 28, 2009.

A 16-year-old girl reported that she ran away after a man asked her for directions then tried to force her into a car at gunpoint on Oct. 28 in Lake Elsinore, about 75 miles from the site where King disappeared, the Riverside County Sheriff's Department said.

(more)
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-gardner-other-crimes,0,4283204.story

Any way you would be willing to post a pic of him from a High School yearbook?

I dont have a way to post it (no scanner)

Plus, it really wouldn't give you any sort of information you don't have. The senior pic. is basically just a headshot of him in a suit; no smile (or disturbing smirk, for that matter).

I hope you don't think I was accusing you of supporting or endorsing this type of crime at all. I completely agree with you that it will more than likely show up in court in one way or another by the defense...as will any psychological trauma, abuse, etc. that he may have sustained earlier in life....ANYTHING they can throw at the wall to try and excuse away his horrible actions and try and get him an ounce of sympathy.

I appreciate your viewpoint and input!

I would like to say to everyone on this thread that dont know me ...I am a new member to WS. I dont know any of you on any level to form any kind of personal opinions on any of you. I do not get offended easily and I value all the comments I read on WS. I actually find some comments touching, some down right frank and honest and others humorous. I enjoy being a member of WS and appreciate all of you as well. I have had a few people ask if I have been offended ...your first clue would be an private message and since none of you have received one : ITS ALL GOOD!

So sorry I didnt answer your question: No, I didnt think that of you. I made the statement the way I did because I wanted to let you and everyone know I am here in support of Chelsea not here for JAG. although I play the devils advocate at times.

If they use the bi-polar issue, would it be the he didn't do it but if he did, he couldn't help it, defense?

Any way you would be willing to post a pic of him from a High School yearbook?

His yearbook photo is here: http://www.mountain-news.com/

photo_front1.jpg

Here's another attempted kidnapping in Lake Elsinore in fall - right in JAG's Gma's neighborhood. of Lakeland

And according to THIS article there were THREE other attempts in that same Elsinore/Wildomar area. They all had a suspect trying to lure girls into his BLACK SEDAN.

Roberts said it is too early to connect Jacqueline’s disappearance to a series of incidents in the Wildomar and Lake Elsinore areas in which a motorist has approached students and tried to entice them into his vehicle.

“It has not been ruled out,” Roberts said referring to a possible connection.

About 6:40 a.m. Wednesday, a female student was walking to a school bus stop in the Tuscany Hills area of Lake Elsinore and was approached by a white man driving a black four-door passenger car, Chavez said. The man drove next to the girl and slowed down, Chavez said, rolling down his window and asked the girl, “Do you need a ride to the bus stop?”

The man drove away and turned onto Summerhill Drive where the female student lost sight of him.

The female student notified school officials who in turn called police.

The suspect was described as white, in his 20s with brown eyes. The description of the suspect and vehicle matches two other incidents that occurred on Sept. 24 and Sept. 30 in the Wildomar area not far from this incident, Chavez said.

If they use the bi-polar issue, would it be the he didn't do it but if he did, he couldn't help it, defense?

Ditto

They would probably use the manic part of this disorder to justify his behavior as a result of the depression prior to the crime occurring.

I keep coming back to JG's last meal at Hernandez Hideaway where he was arrested. It was reported by the manager that she had never seen him before. Also reported was that his clothes were wet. This area is on the north side of Lake Hodges and nowhere near where Chelsea was located. I don't get it. (TB..your map is awesome by the way)

I keep coming back to JG's last meal at Hernandez Hideaway where he was arrested. It was reported by the manager that she had never seen him before. Also reported was that his clothes were wet. This area is on the north side of Lake Hodges and nowhere near where Chelsea was located. I don't get it. (TB..your map is awesome by the way)

Thanks, PK. Yes, it was reported his pants were damp and a bit muddy from the knees down.

My guess is he was either:

a) trying to conceal evidence he didn't realize he still had with/on him or had taken from the crime scene as he realized the noose was tightening - locals were aware where they were heavily searching and he'd have surely followed that and known they were probably close to finding her;

b) trying to revisit earlier concealed evidence - in this crime or another (possibly Amber?)

c) trying to find a place to see where he could view where the search, etc. activity was going on, and so went to the north side hoping to see something, and then either sensed he was being tracked at that point or felt the need to have an 'excuse' for being there and so went to eat

Possibly. Also, it seems there is a good distance between where a shoe was found and where Chelsea was discovered. This bothers me also. These areas were extensively searched on Saturday, according to police.

Seeing his high school photo, i wonder about the people who said he was a goth-type back in school? EVery photo so far shows short, military-style haircut, nothing to indicate that he was a "Goth."

His mother's name has been published in the news.
I think we need a MOD to okay the family so we can sleuth on his home life.
Maybe we could use initials or mom/dad/sister.......no names.
MODS we need help, tell us what to do!!!.please

I think this should clarify a little more on what is allowed and not allowed.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97021"]Threadiquette[/ame]

Regarding facebook,twitter, and myspace you can link but do not cut and paste. But the goal is to really only link to those that are directly linked to a case.

IOW, we don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman , or postal carrier just because they know the main player. It just gets too invasive and half the time we are not even sure it is the right person. When a post starts out, I found 5 people with this name do you you think any of these are [insert person here]? that is not a good thing.
It will often be up to mod discretion as to who can and cannot be linked, but the general rule of thumb is if they are named in the media specifically as having some role or are being questioned or have information then you are probably safe to link. No screen caps and no cutting and pasting. If a social media is set to private and you get in the back way and post what you see, that is not a good thing!Private means private.
Just imagine it is you if you cannot decide and you shoulod be able to figure out if it is ok.
You are free to discuss what you may come upon,but if it is just a lot of gossip and rumor it won't fly. People open facebook accounts and post whatever they want and to carry that as some sort of inside info is careless. but, sometimes there is really valuable information that may even come into evidence as in the Caylee Anthony case.So, if you know for a fact it is the right person and they are named outright in the msm as someone linked to the case it should be fine. IF IT IS A MINOR DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!
If something was posted as public and then removed you might be able to post it, it is up to te mod of the forum and it depends on who, what, when and where.
The mods are listed at the bottom right of the forum under the index, they can generally help. If not, they will ask admin for guidance and we will all decide what is best.

Generally we try not to invade everyone's privacy and if the linked information has no bearing on anything, then leave it out.

The prosecution asked for no bail and the defense did not argue. This is why the evidence was not entered into the record. The prosecution did not have to argue as to why there should be no bail in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
f48567899