CA - Child Raped By As Many As 10 College Athletes, Police Say

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jeana (DP) said:
Makes sense, especially when you consider that we've heard that she may have actually told them she was older (16 maybe??). I can't though, bring myself to the place where any of them would think that she wanted to have any "sexual contact" with 10 OF THEM though and if she wasn't willing, I would think it would have been pretty apparant to them in a short amount of time. One day I hope we hear how she came to be in the group home and why she ran away from there. I just think as a society, we need to take better care of our kids - all of the kids. I see nothing in this little girl's future that is sunshine and roses. How will she possibly overcome all she's gone through in 11 short years?? :(

Who knows what kind of life this child had. Obviously there was some trouble in her background or she wouldn't have been in a group home. She told one or more of the suspects that "she was turning 18 soon" - that in today's paper. I agree that she wasn't consenting to group sex with 10 or so, but I suspect she wasn't plucked off her porch while playing with her Barbies either. This poor child needs lots of help, or she will end up in serious trouble.

Paladin said:
This really does remind me of a concern of mine. Young girls these days really do look ALOT older than they really are. Really, with some of the provacative clothing and makeup that parents let thier daughters wear, it's really no surprise to me that this 11 year old looked 16+. I'm not saying that makes things alright, but it definitely makes things more difficult in determining if someone is of legal age or not.

Then again, all those guys had to do was ask her how old she was. Even then, she could have lied, and it would have made no difference as they would have gotten in trouble anyway.

I somehow suspect she gave consent to maybe one or two guys to fool around and she got scared when it got out of hand and that's when she ran outside.

You're so right about that. I've got an 11-year old daughter and its a constant struggle to make sure that her clothing and accessories don't make her look too much older than she really is. The little girl in this case was a victim waiting to happen from the sounds of it so far.

Pepper said:
Who knows what kind of life this child had. Obviously there was some trouble in her background or she wouldn't have been in a group home. She told one or more of the suspects that "she was turning 18 soon" - that in today's paper. I agree that she wasn't consenting to group sex with 10 or so, but I suspect she wasn't plucked off her porch while playing with her Barbie's either. This poor child needs lots of help, or she will end up in serious trouble.

You're sure right about that.

I have an 11 year old daughter and she looks 11 if not younger. So I can't see it with her, but I have seen some girls that look older then 11 but they still look young. I can see a girl saying maybe she was 12 or 13 and maybe 14 but to say 16 or more seems like they would have known that was really far fetched. i am curious to hear all they say. She is so young and this is horrible to have happened to her.

Paladin said:
No! You're generalizing an entire group of people! Atheletes are not predisposed to causing trouble or doing "crazy stuff."

Idiots cause trouble and do "crazy stuff". They just happen to be atheletes in this case.
Its been my experience that athletes in our society have been given "rides" on their bad behaviour, starting as early as junior high and continuing throughout their playing careers. Especially football players. At the best they're allowed to attend schools on scholarships without truly educating themselves, at worst they engage in rape and murder. Drunk driving, doing hard drugs and beating their wives falls somewhere in the middle. This has been going on for several generations, effectively breeding a culture of entitlement.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Its been my experience that athletes in our society have been given "rides" on their bad behaviour, starting as early as junior high and continuing throughout their playing careers. Especially football players. At the best they're allowed to attend schools on scholarships without truly educating themselves, at worst they engage in rape and murder. Drunk driving, doing hard drugs and beating their wives falls somewhere in the middle. This has been going on for several generations, effectively breeding a culture of entitlement.
I agree with you, only I would say "especially basketball players." Awhile back someone did a study on crime and athletics, and it was found that basketball was by far the most prone to crime and bad behavior.

does that mean that an 18 yr old young woman can have consensual sex with 10 men? BS:behindbar

mom3dd said:
does that mean that an 18 yr old young woman can have consensual sex with 10 men? BS:behindbar
Only in *advertiser censored* videos... :blushing:

Wudge said:
Yet again, nothing about this case on the crimetainment airways today. I guess black guys allegedly raping someone of any race or age is not worth anything to them.

ETA: And she certainly appears to be white to me.

http://www.knx1070.com/pages/55387.php
If that picture is supposed to be her then she didn't look older than 11 to me.

csds703 said:

I just find it to be incredibly hypocritical (and a sad sociological note, because young black men, who represent 2.5% of our population, roughly commit half of all violent crimes) that three white athletes from Duke allegedly raping a 24 year old black stripper becomes a high-profile case. Yet, black football players allegedly raping an eleven year old girl (who definitely is not black) gets no coverage whatsoever.

I can tell you this, I suppose I could believe with a stretch of the imagination that an 11 yr old could appear to be older. One thing I dont buy is the minute that little girl opened her mouth to speak it would be a dead give away as to her age. Yes she could be a bright girl and worldy due to her experiences but she would still be little girl in both thought and speech. I find it very hard to believe that these men did not realise they were talking to a little girl. I think its interesting that the very first thing a molester/rapist says after being caught is "she didnt look 15" or whatever the age is. Please its just one more excuse not to take responsibility for your actions.

I find it sad that everything nowadays is filtered through this lens of race. By playing up the race aspect of the Duke case, the media is begging to be called hypocritical by not giving this case equal treatment.

In the not-so-distant past, newspapers would report that someone who was arrested was of a particular race when it was irrelevant to the story. In a case of classic over-compensation, they no longer will even report the race of someone who is still at-large (when the race of the suspect is relevant).

In the Duke case and the one in Fresno, the race of the accused and of the alledged victim is only relevant from the standpoint of how each case has been treated differently in the media.

Dr. Doogie said:
I find it sad that everything nowadays is filtered through this lens of race. By playing up the race aspect of the Duke case, the media is begging to be called hypocritical by not giving this case equal treatment.

In the not-so-distant past, newspapers would report that someone who was arrested was of a particular race when it was irrelevant to the story. In a case of classic over-compensation, they no longer will even report the race of someone who is still at-large (when the race of the suspect is relevant).

In the Duke case and the one in Fresno, the race of the accused and of the alledged victim is only relevant from the standpoint of how each case has been treated differently in the media.

The media is largely liberal. Hence, white athletes raping a black stripper is news, but black athletes allegedly raping an eleven year old white girl is not their cup of newsworthy tea; i.e.; politcally speaking, and the main news prisms are politics and race.

There is no way that an 11 year old little girl could look like a grown woman or even be mistaken for one. I didn't even have to see it, but if the pic is of this child, then she is obviously not developing at all and still has plenty of baby fat. The dress even looks like a little pinafore. Those men molested the girl. I am really shocked that some posters on this forum even think that the child could be mistaken for a consenting adult, be consenting at all, or even wanted this sexual contact with even one of the men.

csds703 said:

I agree. She's not particularly developed.

Jeana (DP) said:
Its just additional charges as far as I'm concerned. Add battery to the rape charge and go for the DP.
Yes, exactly - additional charges. It's not a mitigating circumstance to have 'consent', but it is an additional charge to use force or violence.

I watched as many of the "crimetainment" shows as I could Tuesday night. There was nothing about this case.

William N said:
I watched as many of the "crimetainment" shows as I could Tuesday night. There was nothing about this case.

It really is outrageous that the media is ignoring this story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971
Back