CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he are way passed him getting the care that he needs. It is more likely he will be in prison forever or killed during his attempted arrest. JMO

ETA: But I feel very sorry for his mother and sister and his family. I have a younger brother with severe mental problems, and it is very devastating. I feel like I lost my brother because the one that I had growing up was kind, loving, and so much fun. Nothing like the delusional, paranoid schizophrenic that he became, as he threatened my DH because he was sure he was from the CIA.

Fox 11 Exclusive: Christopher Gettler Deposition

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFZR6tjeu-A"]Fox 11 Exclusive: Christopher Gettler Deposition - YouTube[/ame]

This man seems very confused. He also claimed that officer who kicked him was black or almost black, whereas Dorner states in his manifesto she was Caucasian.

This man seems very confused. He also claimed that officer who kicked him was black or almost black, whereas Dorner states in his manifesto she was Caucasian.
The biggest problem, imo, was that they asked leading questions. As opposed to asking, for example:

Can you please describe your arrest as you recall it?

Or something close. Let him supply the info. Don't give him the info.

The biggest problem, imo, was that they asked leading questions. As opposed to asking, for example:

Can you please describe your arrest as you recall it?

Or something close. Let him supply the info. Don't give him the info.

I believe that the man asking questions was Dorner's lawyer. The questions were leading, I agree. And even then Mr. Gettler claimed the female officer was black or almost black. Dorner says she is Caucasian.

And the main thing is ----IT DOESNT MATTER if he was unfairly fired or not. Because he has resorted to killing INNOCENT PEOPLE. So I don't care if his training officer lied or not. Because she was right---Dorner did not have the character required to remain in the police force.

I believe that the man asking questions was Dorner's lawyer. The questions were leading, I agree. And even then Mr. Gettler claimed the female officer was black or almost black. Dorner says she is Caucasian.
Agreed. Though, that I recall, they stated he was mentally challenged. And from his answers, it sounded like he wasn't sure what was being asked. Regardless, the questioning, and lack of objection on the opposing atty, bothered me. It was like they were "nudging him" in a direction. Which results in very weak testimony.

Agreed. Though, that I recall, they stated he was mentally challenged. And from his answers, it sounded like he wasn't sure what was being asked. Regardless, the questioning, and lack of objection on the opposing atty, bothered me. It was like they were "nudging him" in a direction. Which results in very weak testimony.

He is described as a schizophrenic with dementia. That is probably the best testimony Dorner's lawyer could get out of him.

I think every single one of us has been treated unfairly before. We have all been bullied before. We have all been fired or not hired or ostracized or discriminated against. There were probably white applicants who were UNFAIRLY denied entrance to the academy to make room for Dorner.

ALL of us have been treated unfairly at some time or another. But that is no excuse for killing innocent people and gloating about it.

If he is a schizophrenic, his slurred speech and slowed cognitive processing is from being heavily sedated with antipsychotics.

And the main thing is ----IT DOESNT MATTER if he was unfairly fired or not. Because he has resorted to killing INNOCENT PEOPLE. So I don't care if his training officer lied or not. Because she was right---Dorner did not have the character required to remain in the police force.
Not to split hairs but... the man did not "resort" to killing innocents. he "chose" to kill innocents. Resorting indicates lack of, or limited, options. Other than that bit of nitpicking on my part, I agree.

Not to split hairs but... the man did not "resort" to killing innocents. he "chose" to kill innocents. Resorting indicates lack of, or limited, options. Other than that bit of nitpicking on my part, I agree.

Resorted to =

"to do something that you do not want to do because you cannot find any other way of achieving something"

I think I chose the right term. JMO I think he is certifiably INSANE, so he thinks it is his only recourse.

He COULD have killed half his list before they were onto him. But he didn't.

Perhaps he prefers them alive... and scared... rather than dead.
I think a huge part of this for him... is simply making them suffer.
Making these officers wonder if they are next, if their children are next.

It would be a miserable existence until Dorner is found... and I think that will satisfy him as much as killing them. :twocents:

I am stunned that they not only released the name of the murdered officer... but released his children's names AND ages.
I didn't see much point in hiding the identities of those listed in his manifesto... obviously he knew who they were.

He didn't know the officer he killed though!
He certainly didn't know his wife and children's names or ages... until the Police Chief handed him that information on a silver platter.
I hope there is a tactic to that which makes sense... because I think it was a bit uncalled for. :twocents:

It would be a miserable existence until Dorner is found... and I think that will satisfy him as much as killing them. :twocents:

I am stunned that they not only released the name of the murdered officer... but released his children's names AND ages.
I didn't see much point in hiding the identities of those listed in his manifesto... obviously he knew who they were.

He certainly didn't know his wife and children's names or ages... until the Police Chief handed him that information on a silver platter.
I hope there is a tactic to that which makes sense... because I think it was a bit uncalled for. :twocents:

I agree. I cannot believe they released the kids names and ages. What was the point of that?

Kinda makes me glad I'm a skinny white dude.
So was the guy who the police rammed and then shot at.

Police seeking Dorner opened fire in a second case of mistaken identity
By Robert Faturechi and Matt Stevens, Los Angeles Times
February 9, 2013, 8:50 p.m.

David Perdue was on his way to sneak in some surfing before work Thursday morning when police flagged him down. They asked who he was and where he was headed, then sent him on his way.

Seconds later, Perdue's attorney said, a Torrance police cruiser slammed into his pickup and officers opened fire; none of the bullets struck Perdue.

His pickup, police later explained, matched the description of the one belonging to Christopher Jordan Dorner — the ex-cop who has evaded authorities after allegedly killing three and wounding two more. But the pickups were different makes and colors. And Perdue looks nothing like Dorner: He's several inches shorter and about a hundred pounds lighter. And Perdue is white; Dorner is black.

More: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-torrance-shooting-20130210,0,3955268.story
BBM

I wonder if LE thinks Dorner might show up at the officer's funeral to try to take out more LE? Maybe the funeral will be a trap?

I think he is certifiably INSANE, so he thinks it is his only recourse.
Which exactly describes Daniel M'Naughten, whose precedent setting case resulted in what we now call NGRI (not guilty by reason of insanity), wherein Tindal instructed the jury:

"If upon balancing the evidence in your minds you should think the prisoner a person capable of distinguishing right from wrong with respect to the act of which he stands charged, he is then a responsibl agent."

McNaghten, acquitted on the grounds of insanity, was on trial for the attempted murder of then Prime Minister, Sir Robert Peel. He mistakenly shot and killed Drummond, Peel's secretary, instead. ( link )

At the time of his arrest, he told police that he came to London to murder the Prime Minister because “the tories in my city follow and persecute me wherever I go, and have destroyed my peace of mind. They do everything in their power to harass and persecute me; in fact they wish to murder me.”

Imo, Dorner knew exactly what he was doing. He was/is on a revenge trip and *chose* to murder innocent people to exact his revenge. To me, that is a far cry from feeling/perceiving one has no other options.

Exclusive of NGRI, there are, of course situations where an individual may truly have no choice to do something that may go against their moral fibre. For example, the plane crash victims who were starving, and "resorted to" eat the flesh of passengers who were killed in the crash. ( link ) That proposition would be abhorrent to most. And yet, that sort of thing has certainly occurred and importantly, been forgiven by society at large. Bc we understand that they truly had no choice.

Dorner's situation, imnsho, is not one of those situations.

Which exactly describes Daniel M'Naughten, whose precedent setting case resulted in what we now call NGRI (not guilty by reason of insanity), wherein Tindal instructed the jury:

"If upon balancing the evidence in your minds you should think the prisoner a person capable of distinguishing right from wrong with respect to the act of which he stands charged, he is then a responsibl agent."

McNaghten, acquitted on the grounds of insanity, was on trial for the attempted murder of then Prime Minister, Sir Robert Peel. He mistakenly shot and killed Drummond, Peel's secretary, instead. ( link )

At the time of his arrest, he told police that he came to London to murder the Prime Minister because “the tories in my city follow and persecute me wherever I go, and have destroyed my peace of mind. They do everything in their power to harass and persecute me; in fact they wish to murder me.”

Imo, Dorner knew exactly what he was doing. He was/is on a revenge trip and *chose* to murder innocent people to exact his revenge. To me, that is a far cry from feeling/perceiving one has no other options.

Exclusive of NGRI, there are, of course situations where an individual may truly have no choice to do something that may go against their moral fibre. For example, the plane crash victims who were starving, and "resorted to" eat the flesh of passengers who was killed in the crash. ( link ) That proposition would be abhorrent to most. And yet, that sort of thing has certainly occurred and importantly, been forgiven by society at large. Bc we understand that they truly had no choice.

Dorner's situation, imnsho, is not one of those situations.

I agree Shadow. I think Dorner was all ready to take revenge...he was mad. He wanted someone to pay for the anger he felt. Edited to fix auto correct. :)

The cops who just started shooting could be in as bad a mental illness as Dorner. How can they be allowed to go back to their jobs after attacking and shooting citizens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx