CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They had some limited visuals inside at that time.

It's not really clear "how" at this time, but at that time they were creating "windows" in the structure.

The blood spatters weren't said to be on the mattress, although visuals of both were stated at the same time.

Thanks. You are right. Blood spatter in the corner, some mattresses leaning. Interesting he didn't continue to attack them during this time.

What did he expect them to say? Please, sir, come out of the cabin? We would really appreciate it?
:floorlaugh:

No, I would expect them to be the trained professional individuals they are and not to be shouting "we're going to burn this mother****". I'm not going to argue my point, but if anyone ever questioned they wanted to take him alive I think this pretty clearly states their intentions. :moo:

That's what I assumed, but was LE in the cabin? How did they see the blood spatter on the mattress?

A sniper's scope? That is what I would think. Probably positioned at a slightly higher elevation.

I'm sure this was discussed way back in earlier threads, but I'm surprised this came to head for Dorner when it's being reported he was terminated in 2007. I'm floored that he likely (JMO) spent the past 5 1/2-6 years planning and plotting his revenge. Some reports I'm seeing also show his wife filed for divorce the same year.

Rhetorical question: where was he and what was he doing from 2007-2013?
ETA: I see he was going through an appeal process for his termination up to 2009 (?).

I won't ask why no one saw him mentally decompensating. We see it all too often here at WS.

I'm just catching up on the thread, so I'm not sure if anyone has answered - on the local LA news last night they were saying his friends - people that would consider themselves close to him didn't even know he had been fired from the LAPD - (Fox 11)

Why is it so important that LE follow protocol, even when tensions are extremely high and officers fear for their lifes, as was the case in this situation? Because we need for there to be an absolute and visible line that separates the criminal ("the bad guy") from the law ("the good guys"). As a society, we cannot allow LE to act in accordance with or be driven by their own emotions (i.e., anger, fear, anxiety, etc.). When/if we tolerate that, LE then becomes no better/no different from the criminals they persue. Just saying...

AMOO ~

Thank you... it appears one can barely even question this on here.

This is the most accurate description I have read of what I was told happened (by someone who was there working on the front line):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/12/chris-dorner-manhunt_n_2672238.html

"The man believed to be Dorner never came out of the cabin, and a single shot was heard inside before the cabin was engulfed in flames, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press."

"A SWAT team earlier had surrounded the cabin and using an armored vehicle, broke out the cabin windows, the official said. The officers then pumped gas into the cabin and blasted a message over a loudspeaker: "Surrender or come out."

Dorner started the fire, LE added the fuel.

What did he expect them to say? Please, sir, come out of the cabin? We would really appreciate it?
:floorlaugh:

Why not take her post seriously. It's not about anything they said to the perp. Surely you are quick witted enough to see that, but yet you just wanted to get a joke in?

This is the most accurate description I have read of what I was told happened (by someone who was there working on the front line):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/12/chris-dorner-manhunt_n_2672238.html

"The man believed to be Dorner never came out of the cabin, and a single shot was heard inside before the cabin was engulfed in flames, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press."

"A SWAT team earlier had surrounded the cabin and using an armored vehicle, broke out the cabin windows, the official said. The officers then pumped gas into the cabin and blasted a message over a loudspeaker: "Surrender or come out."

Dorner started the fire, LE added the fuel.

Thanks for the link. This is what I would expect a professional SWAT team to do in this situation. I think they were very brave, stood firm and gave cd reasonable limited options. He wasn't going to be given the choice to escape and continue to (allegedly) murder.

cd chose to die there.

BBM

I think that Dorner's ego made him think he could reform LAPD single handed. :waitasec:

JMO, of course - we'll never know.

I agree about his huge ego. But I think he wanted to just say "f u" to the LAPD. I don't think it was reforms he was after but just fame, glory, martyr status and immortality in wikipedia for himself.

No, I would expect them to be the trained professional individuals they are and not to be shouting "we're going to burn this mother****". I'm not going to argue my point, but if anyone ever questioned they wanted to take him alive I think this pretty clearly states their intentions. :moo:

Unfortunately in reality that is not the case. I speak from personal observations.

I agree about his huge ego. But I think he wanted to just say "f u" to the LAPD. I don't think it was reforms he was after but just fame, glory, martyr status and immortality in wikipedia for himself.

Agreed.

Speaking for myself, I am fed up with ever-increasing attacks on LE in this country.
It is trending and it is a concern.

Speaking for myself, I am fed up with ever-increasing attacks on LE in this country.
It is trending and it is a concern.

Starry Night, I am a huge supporter of LE, have always been. That said, I have some real concerns about how this was handled, specifically the lack of any attempted negotiation and the rapidity of turning to an all out attack. Most of this concern began when LAPD surrounded and fired upon two women delivering newspapers in a truck resembling Dorner's. In all honesty, at least to me, there is no acceptable excuse LAPD can provide that makes this incident (with those two women) even palatable. However, I see it as a mindset that screams LE was never going to give Dorner a chance. JMO - that is not acceptable.

I realize Dorner's anger and threats were directed at LE, I realize he murdered LE family members and LE officers. But I find myself asking - why does that justify the outcome to this manhunt and would this rapidity of action be imposed if someone just murdered an "everyday" citizen.

Starry Night, I am a huge supporter of LE, have always been. That said, I have some real concerns about how this was handled, specifically the lack of any attempted negotiation and the rapidity of turning to an all out attack. Most of this concern began when LAPD surrounded and fired upon two women delivering newspapers in a truck resembling Dorner's. In all honesty, at least to me, there is no acceptable excuse LAPD can provide that makes this incident (with those two women) even palatable. However, I see it as a mindset that screams LE was never going to give Dorner a chance. JMO - that is not acceptable.

I realize Dorner's anger and threats were directed at LE, I realize he murdered LE family members and LE officers. But I find myself asking - why does that justify the outcome to this manhunt and would this rapidity of action be imposed if someone just murdered an "everyday" citizen.

Considering Dorner is accused of killing 2 police officers, and injuring however many others, how many chances was LE supposed to give him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx