GUILTY CA - Debbie Hawk, 46, Hanford, 13 June 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Today marks the one-year anniversary of the disappearance of Hanford mother Debbie Hawk, who is presumed dead.

Experts say the road to closure of the case may be a long, and winding one.

An investigation into her affairs led to the Friday arrest of the primary suspect in the case, her ex-husband, Dave Hawk, on charges other than homicide.

Over the past year he has maintained his innocence and his church released a statement Tuesday supporting him.

Fresno State criminology professor and forensic expert Eric Hickey said "there's a fair likelihood" investigators will eventually charge Dave Hawk with Debbie Hawk's death.
"His troubles are not going to go away," said Hickey. "They're not going to prosecute him now (for murder) because they want to be sure to get him, and it's a wise move on their part."

With the double jeopardy law, if Hawk is charged with his ex-wife's murder and acquitted, he can never be charged with that same crime again, even if evidence later arises which indisputably connects him to the crime.

much more at link
http://www.hanfordsentinel.com/articles/2007/06/13/news/daily03.txt

After more than a year, family members of missing Hanford woman Debbie Hawk have broken their silence.

Diane Triantis, Hawk's only sibling, released a formal statement this week and spoke with The Sentinel via e-mail in commemoration of her sister's disappearance and presumed homicide.

In the statement, Triantis describes the family's grief, and deep concern for the Hawks' three children.

"June 13, 2007 was the one year anniversary of our Debbie going missing. For our family, this day is like Pearl Harbor was for our country, a day that will live in infamy," Triantis wrote. "A year ago today, a bright light on our family tree was snuffed out in a most cruel way."

http://www.hanfordsentinel.com/articles/2007/06/14/news/daily01.txt

I hope that the girls are able to stay with their grandparents instead of being given back to their horrible arrogant father. With the *advertiser censored* alone I would think that is grounds enough to keep them out of his custody. It must have been child *advertiser censored*. LE doesn't arrest people for adult *advertiser censored* do they? And he has robbed his children blind. Another reason for taking the kids out of his custody. If I were the grandparents I would fight for the girls.

Hopfully one of these days Debbie will be found and ole Dave Hawk will be locked up for life. I just wonder what he did with her??????

Service set for missing woman

Triantis said the girls were returned to Hawk after his release from jail but are on a two-week, out-of-town vacation with friends of Debbie Hawk. Triantis said she hopes the vacation brightens their spirits.

She said the boy was removed from Dave Hawk's care by CPS workers last year because he was scared of his father. The boy went to live with the family of one of his teachers, she said.

Dave Hawk's pastor denied that the 16-year-old was scared of his father. The Rev. Sandy Brown of Lemoore Presbyterian said Hawk and his son were not getting along, so Hawk voluntarily let the boy stay with others. Brown said CPS was never involved.

Court records show Debbie Hawk accused Dave Hawk of being verbally abusive to their son in the months before she disappeared

In response, Dave Hawk denied the allegations and said he was only trying to discipline his son for being disrespectful to his family.

Heger, the Los Angeles doctor, said she was surprised that child welfare officials would allow the children to stay with their father given that he was accused of stealing money from them.

More than 30 friends and supporters of Debbie Hawk gathered for a candlelight memorial at Hidden Valley Park on 11th Avenue Saturday evening to remember the Hanford mother and friend who has been missing since June 13 of last year.

Smiles and cries punctuated the poignant event remembering a life well-lived, but believed by some to have been tragically cut short.

Candles warmly lit the faces of those in attendance, as the flames glowed against the setting sun.

http://www.hanfordsentinel.com/articles/2007/06/17/news/daily02.txt

I just sent a letter to the editor of the Fresno Bee about the judge giving Dave Hawk his daughters back. I'm stunned after he had child *advertiser censored* on his computer and after he raped the children's trust fund. I would think the people in that town would be furious about this. It just blows my mind. Why would a man have child *advertiser censored* on his computer????? Why would any decent man even want to look at something like that much less download it. It just makes me sick that he has those girls again. I don't understand it at all.

I sure hope that he is convicted on all of the felony charges. I will be furious if they make any deals with him. Ten years in prison would suit me just fine. In the meantime LE can keep looking for Debbie. I hope that maybe some hikers will run across her during the summer. I can't imagine what he did with her. I wonder if he has told his girlfriend that he murdered Debbie or if she thinks he is really innocent?

A Kings County Superior Court delayed Dave Hawk's pre-trial hearing Wednesday, allowing him to hire a new attorney for his defense against financial fraud and child *advertiser censored* charges.

It is unclear why Hawk is seeking new counsel, as neither he nor his attorney, Randy Edwards, gave any explanation.

http://www.hanfordsentinel.com/articles/2007/06/28/news/daily01.txt

A Kings County Superior Court delayed Dave Hawk's pre-trial hearing Wednesday, allowing him to hire a new attorney for his defense against financial fraud and child *advertiser censored* charges.

It is unclear why Hawk is seeking new counsel, as neither he nor his attorney, Randy Edwards, gave any explanation.

http://www.hanfordsentinel.com/articles/2007/06/28/news/daily01.txt

I think he wants a new attorney because he's a sociopath and his ego believes he knows better than any lawyer does.

I think he wants a new attorney because he's a sociopath and his ego believes he knows better than any lawyer does.
That's exactly what I thought. As we all know, with sociopaths any small disagreement would have him dumping that attorney. I wouldn't be surprised to see him representing himself. :rolleyes:

That's exactly what I thought. As we all know, with sociopaths any small disagreement would have him dumping that attorney. I wouldn't be surprised to see him representing himself. :rolleyes:

Oh wouldn't we all love that. We know what happens when a person decides to be their own attorney. I really hope he does.

FresnoBee.com: South Valley: Hearing delayed in Hawk trust case

... The hearing for Dave Hawk, 48, was delayed Wednesday after Hawk's attorney, Randy Edwards, said his client wants to hire a different attorney to represent him...

Hawk's day in court Wednesday started with Kings County Superior Court Judge Steven Barnes, who recused himself. Barnes didn't make clear his reason for removing himself from the case.

The case was then moved next door to Buckley, a visiting judge, who granted Edwards' request for a delay. Buckley then ordered the case back before Judge Thomas DeSantos, who would normally hear it.

Prosecutor Larry Crouch said DeSantos could also remove himself because he had represented Debbie Hawk for a time as a private attorney before becoming a judge...

Dave Hawk refused to comment about the charges against him. Last month, Hawk was arrested and charged with four felony counts including embezzlement and perjury.

~snip~

Prosecutors say the large amount of paperwork and a change as to which judge will hear the case has delayed the trial.

~snip~

Dave Hawk is expected back in court next month with his new attorney.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=5481697

Good grief let's get this over with and get his arrogant butt behind bars. He is probably delaying his trial on purpose because he knows that he can't get out of the charges. He is going to prison where he won't be such a big man there. His arrogant attitude will go over like a lead balloon. Now if they could just find Debbie or have enough evidence to charge him for her murder.

I just don't understand while they can't get this man into court to face the music.

I just don't understand while they can't get this man into court to face the music.

The arrogant jerk keeps finding ways to postphone the trial. I wish the judge had told him that he couldn't switch attorneys :furious: I guess the judge has to let him if he has a good enough reason to want to switch though. He will only be able to pull that once though. He's just trying to buy time but time is running out for him. Now the new attorney will have to become familiar with the case and that will take a few months :furious: Someday this guy will be behind bars but it just can't be soon enough for me.

I wonder if his son believes that this creep murdered his mother and that is why he refused to live with him?

Dave Hawk, the Hanford man who's a suspect in his ex-wife's murder investigation, was in court Thursday on embezzlement and tax evasion charges.

Almost two months since Dave Hawk was arrested, Thursday's hearing was postponed for two more months.
Hawk's new attorney says he needs the time to look over more than 3 boxes of financial evidence.

Dave Hawk was a man of few words in and outside the court Thursday. Speaking softly, Hawk agreed to waive his right to a speedy preliminary hearing, a move that allows his new lawyer a chance to get up to speed on this case.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=5534530

Thanks Chicoliving. I just got the news alert in my box. Two more months for his attorney to look through 3 boxes of paperwork is just fine, because that's also 2 more months for LE to build their case and continue looking for Debbie.

Maybe Debbie's body is out in the middle of the ocean and maybe her body will never be found, but Dave will be haunted and hounded for the rest of his un-natural life by his knowledge of what he did to Debbie and the fear that he will be caught for his crime, by the loss of his children's love and respect, by dedicated LE who will never give up in going after him, and by Debbie's loyal and loving friends and family who will never, ever let Dave forget that he's a rotten .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back