CA - Dr. Felix Polk, 70, stabbed to death, Orinda, 14 Oct 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
izzyB said:
my reading has not been extensive in this case, but you don't have to read much to realize this is one dysfunctional family!!! i agree that felix and susan were both head cases. susan should have gone the insanity route b/c i think she is and i think that will be born out during this trial. btw i do not expect it to go all the way to verdict. she will have a meltdown before then and a cause a mistrial....i predict.
I suspect the judge is prepared for this and will handle it. Just my guess....

mbkstep said:
Interesting...can't wait to hear what he did or did not uncover. She's very paranoid. The prosecuter has requested that he only have to talk to her case manager and said he was going to need therapy by the end of the trial. :D
hahahahahahahah!

BillyGoatGruff said:
It appears that cameras are not being allowed in the court room.
Aaaahhhhhh. Now I understand. No wonder Catherine came home.

izzyB said:
my reading has not been extensive in this case, but you don't have to read much to realize this is one dysfunctional family!!! i agree that felix and susan were both head cases. susan should have gone the insanity route b/c i think she is and i think that will be born out during this trial. btw i do not expect it to go all the way to verdict. she will have a meltdown before then and a cause a mistrial....i predict.
This guy was in control of her head since age 15, wasn't he? He was abusive, esp mentally, and after all the years as his wife, I would think she racked up some big mitigating circumstances, esp as it might apply to battered wife syndrome.

The kids, I think, right now are being divided over money issues. There doesn't seem to be much respect for Mom in general. I suspect that is influenced by the father's treatment of her more than it is by her own actions, which might have been more reactionary than anything else.

Goody said:
This guy was in control of her head since age 15, wasn't he? He was abusive, esp mentally, and after all the years as his wife, I would think she racked up some big mitigating circumstances, esp as it might apply to battered wife syndrome.

The kids, I think, right now are being divided over money issues. There doesn't seem to be much respect for Mom in general. I suspect that is influenced by the father's treatment of her more than it is by her own actions, which might have been more reactionary than anything else.

i agree about the mitigating circumstances...if only she had not lied to the cops and even gone to the lengths of moving his car away from the house.
if she had just said it was a crime of passion b/c she had finally had it after years and years of abuse....and gone that route, there would have been PLENTY of proof and i think a sympathetic jury. all anyone would have to know is that he seduced her as a TEENAGER.....she would have walked. she still may, but there will be a lot of drama involved.

izzyB said:
i agree about the mitigating circumstances...if only she had not lied to the cops and even gone to the lengths of moving his car away from the house.
if she had just said it was a crime of passion b/c she had finally had it after years and years of abuse....and gone that route, there would have been PLENTY of proof and i think a sympathetic jury. all anyone would have to know is that he seduced her as a TEENAGER.....she would have walked. she still may, but there will be a lot of drama involved.
I really thought that was the case until I read that the police found her hair in his hand, her bloody footprint, and she asked if the victim was even him!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

izzyB said:
I don't get the thinking behind this. Can not an abused woman also want to hide what she did, want to get away with it,and still be abused? It seems only natural for someone to want to conceal something they are not proud of, whether it was self defense or just a reaction because you head has been jacked around so much.

I don't particularly like this woman, but her husband sounds like he deserved what he got, maybe it was a long time coming. I am just not feeling particularly sympathetic toward him. It seems like he created the monster that got him much like Cody Posey's family did.

she absolutely was abused and most likely in every way. i was agreeing these were mitigating circumstances and that her life was HELL. hopefully a jury will be able to decide what justice is in this case.

izzyB said:
she absolutely was abused and most likely in every way. i was agreeing these were mitigating circumstances and that her life was HELL. hopefully a jury will be able to decide what justice is in this case.
From my reading the "battered woman syndrome" is not her defense. In fact, she refused lawyers who suggested that defense. She's stating that it was self-defense.

I just saw posted on another site today that she did have 2 black eyes when the police picked her up. However, she'd also made several comments to her son about her plans to murder him. That's why the prosecution is saying it was premeditated.

It'll be interesting to see how the prosecution explains the wounds on Felix, since she stabbed him 27 times.

A son of a woman on trial for the stabbing death of her husband was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor battery against a girlfriend, Contra Costa County sheriff's official said.

Eli Polk, 21, was arrested Thursday night at his home in Orinda after officials received a call shortly before midnight. He was taken to County Jail in Martinez and posted bail Friday afternoon.

http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/story/14229285p-15052450c.html

chicoliving said:
A son of a woman on trial for the stabbing death of her husband was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor battery against a girlfriend, Contra Costa County sheriff's official said.

Eli Polk, 21, was arrested Thursday night at his home in Orinda after officials received a call shortly before midnight. He was taken to County Jail in Martinez and posted bail Friday afternoon.

http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/story/14229285p-15052450c.html

Interesting, the apple falls not far from the tree. He's learned his own family's dysfunctionality and is carrying it on. He is the son who is defending Susan...

Isn't this the second time for Eli? or it may have been one of the other brothers...sometime during the aftermath of the Vitale murder?? The case that keeps on giving.

wasn't Eli also the one that Felix sent to a "reform"-type of school after he bashed in the windshield of Felix's car, and therefore was living away from home at the time of the murder?

Yep, second time for Eli ....

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/10/26/BAGGAFE51V1.DTL

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The 20-year-old son of Susan Polk, a woman who was on trial for the killing of her husband until her attorney's wife was slain, has been accused of domestic violence.

But the alleged victim -- his girlfriend -- explained to police that the recent slaying of Pamela Vitale has placed Eli Polk under "increased stress."

Snip...

Eli Polk was arraigned Tuesday in Walnut Creek on one count of misdemeanor battery and two counts of dissuading a witness from reporting a crime. Orinda police Sgt. Steve Andrews said the young man was arrested after a "scuffle" about 9:30 p.m. Thursday. The girlfriend, who called 911, was not seriously injured.

Thanks for the update! This son is the one who will be testifying for the defense. I wonder if his arrest will affect his credibility?

frankly, i do not think this is good for either side.

i hope young eli can get some help with his anger management issues.

This one is getting to be a JOKE. Susan asked the Judge yesterday to stop until next Monday as she is not feeling well. Judge said Thrus. Then I hear this morning one of the sons was arrested last night again

You know I forgot . I was watching CC yesterday and to show how big a Joke this one is.VAlrie Harris AKA Peterson hoping to get in. Is helping with Susan case. I almost :sick: watching her on CC. Heck I was there three times I missed my calling

She is totally losing it. There is no way this woman should be defending herself. She doesn't have a clue much less the understanding of law.I am not defending her at all. It is such a train wreck that I am just an observer.

Susan Polk has to end the questioning of her son tomorrow. Some were saying that the jury may regard her way of questioning him close to abusive.

I'll bet the judge dreads getting up in the morning everyday to go to this trial.
I hope that he does stop Susan from being her own attorney. It's just crazy and she is going to get the max sentence if she keeps on. She was insane to fire Dan and Ivan. They were on her side and believed they had a good chance of getting her off. She is headed for a hard fall in my book.

Wasn't Valerie Harris writing articles for some paper while Scott Peterson's trial was going on? Seems like I remember reading some stuff that she wrote and I wasn't impressed. How does she think she can help Susan Polk by sitting at her table with her??? Kind of weird. Maybe for publicity?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oliverleo
Back