CA CA - East Area Rapist aka The Original Night Stalker 1976-86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Copy and paste job his initials instead of the name OK....

Are you talking about RLP? Born 8/8/1953, he joined the Navy in 1971. He was in the area of Visalia during the ransackings, he worked alongside Sgt Maggiore on Mather AFB and he lived in the LA area at the time of many of those murders. How does that make him too young? Slandering? Look I have significant evidence that he is a sexual predator, abusing multiple women, one of them took her own life. He also has a documented history of stalking. Where is the slandering there? The victims may not testify on my behalf, but their therapist could be compelled to. Therapist who sent me plenty of emails begging me to continue working with police. Therapist who while I was in their care, spent months trying to figure out who was behind this horrific abuse. I understand that people have a hard time understanding what I am saying, it may not jive well with what the FBI and AFOSI are putting out there, but I believe there is good reason for that. Please understand this, I am not like most of these people who took an interest in these crimes and have tried to find a good suspect. I am someone who knew that someone using a fake identity was abusing several women to the point that they were being hospitalized. I shared my findings with their medical representatives who also reported these things to the police. Eventually I contracted a extremely reputable private investigator to investigate things on a forensic level (computer). Her findings are also consistent with what I knew to be happening. I will say it one more time here. I have been on plenty of recorded phone calls with several police agencies, including the FBI. These agencies have taken a real interest in the information I have presented. I am still being contacted by Special Agents regarding how I could possible know some of the things I do. What should I do, hang up on them? Ignore them? They know a lot more about this stuff than we all do, they have much better investigative powers and techniques. I am going to trust them at this point to handle things. I don't know what age range you would hunt in, but 63 seems to be in the sweet spot of most published ranges. Lastly, lets say everything I am saying is wrong. Someone please explain to me why this person is connected to so many deceased people? I mean deceased people that have not yet been made public. Like he states to police -- He is concerned I am "spending too much time trying to connect him to unsolved murders in places he has lived". Also it is worth noting, that this situation is drawing attention form elected officials, who wisely are quietly distancing themselves from this situation. Some of them appear in photos with the suspect. I am closely monitoring these changes and continue to make digital records.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Could we see a picture?

Not sure where to put this. Here's my profile of EARONS for what it's worth. I'm just an armchair detective. Hope it helps.
He had an overbearing,controlling, uber religious mother.
Father was highly respected military. ( disaplinarian) gone a lot.
Quite possibly from a long line of military members. ( Grandfather,father, uncles)
Went to private religious school. Maybe? ( Hence the anger over writing sentences..... which his mother most likely belittled him over)
I believe he would have joined Jr ROTC/ROTC to try and prove his masculinity, and uphold tradition. Prior to going into military.
While in military he felt further humiliation over struggles to fit in, and being passed over for promotions. Because he just couldn't pass muster. Thus he could not measure up.
He was rejected by female peers for the most part. He would have been awkward, and lacking social skills, and probably very timid, and shy around them. Due to ridicule over his penis size.
I base this off of what I've read of him so far.
The shoes. Square toed Patten leather. ( Class A) for military dress uniform. The brown T shirt, belt, car decal.
The Diamond knots. Learned in ROTC/ Military.
He most definitely had reconicance experience. Which is how he was able to observe victims without being observed. For the most part. ( Until chancedupon by Captain M and his wife). Who most believe knew exactly who EARONS was.
He knew who was at miltary ball function. So he must have been there. With military ID. or Dependant ID.

New article about the hunt for the Visalia Ransacker, which many (I included) believe was EAR/ONS. Since Professor Snelling was murdered, there is no stature of limitations on this case.

Visalia police saw evidence of the Visalia Ransacker’s modus operandi in the East Area Rapist cases: similar method of entry and thefts, such as coins, jewelry and identification. They shared their suspicions with investigators there, but no definitive connection between the Ransacker and the East Area Rapist was made.

Anyone with information that might help crack the case should call Cummings at 559-713-4722.

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/lewis-griswold/article136364438.html

New article about the hunt for the Visalia Ransacker, which many (I included) believe was EAR/ONS. Since Professor Snelling was murdered, there is no stature of limitations on this case.

Visalia police saw evidence of the Visalia Ransacker’s modus operandi in the East Area Rapist cases: similar method of entry and thefts, such as coins, jewelry and identification. They shared their suspicions with investigators there, but no definitive connection between the Ransacker and the East Area Rapist was made.

Anyone with information that might help crack the case should call Cummings at 559-713-4722.

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/lewis-griswold/article136364438.html

Three months after the murder, a stranger was spotted peeping on a teen girl in a home in the Beverly Glen neighborhood, so police staked out the home.

A stranger appeared, and Detective Bill McGowen yelled at him to stop, fired a warning shot and trained his flashlight on him. The suspect screamed “Oh my God, no,” pulled out a gun and fired, hitting the flashlight. Glass from the lens ricocheted into McGowen’s right eye.
The suspect jumped a fence and got away. After that episode, the burglaries stopped.
But McGowen had seen his face, and police issued a composite drawing. He was described as about 5-feet-10, white male adult, stocky build, 180 to 200 pounds. He wore size 9 Converse shoes. His age was estimated at 25 to 35, but he might have been younger, Cummings said. If the Ransacker is still alive, he would be in his late 50s to early 70s, Cummings said.

I've lurked here a little while, and have been following this case since 2003 when I saw it on A&E's 'Cold Case Files'. It's really what got me into online 'sleuthing'. To me it's as perplexing and fascinating as Zodiac, or Jack the Ripper, both of whom effected fewer lives. I appreciate the info folks have posted here, some is new to me. I'm not sure if everyone here knows, but there is a site run by a guy who's sister was stalked and who was a major participant in the old A&E board. Its ear-ons.com and has a good list of the crimes, maps and other info about the case. People have mentioned Quester. If you're not familiar, he is an author known as Gian Quasar, who has a site dedicated to mysteries, some crimes and some things like bigfoot. He's an unusual guy with and unusual approach. He seems to have settled on a poi who's initials are RP (one of two RPs associated by some), but he hasn't really produced a definitive line of evidence about his poi. The interesting thing (to me) is that he posted several videos on YouTube where he walks known or likely paths used by ear-ons in his stalking. It's creepy, but give interesting insight about his habits and possible origins. You can use Gian Julian Quasar as a search. Not trying to promote the guy, not sold on his analysis, but it is a good watch.

While the murder of Prof Snelling was very different from any earlier Ransacker crime, the gun used was one taken during what had appeared to have been a Ransacker burglary. Officer McGowan was shot at while interrupting a Ransacker type burglary. In addition, McGowan's description was very close to that of Snelling's daughter. Therefore it is very likely that it was the Ransacker shooting.

The problem is that the description given by McGowan and Snelling's daughter is quite different from the description given by many EAR witnesses. The Ransacker was described as being somewhat heavyset while EAR was always described as being rather trim and athletic. While many features of a physical description can be subjective or likely to be wrong, body type is something that witnesses tend to get right. This detail argues strongly against the Visalia Ransacker being EAR.

if you listen to interview on youtube with det richard shelby he had a suspect that had a car that was repainted ear was known to have
alot of different vehicles im surprised they havent solved the case
[video=youtube;w9vPo02pXzg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9vPo02pXzg[/video]

The problem is that the description given by McGowan and Snelling's daughter is quite different from the description given by many EAR witnesses. The Ransacker was described as being somewhat heavyset while EAR was always described as being rather trim and athletic. While many features of a physical description can be subjective or likely to be wrong, body type is something that witnesses tend to get right. This detail argues strongly against the Visalia Ransacker being EAR.

Ear/Ons could have been a chubby teenager, who lost weight doing all the survailance and stalking of his victims.

The ransacker (and the Maggiore murders) are pretty knife-edged issues. I would be certain the ransacker was ear-ons if the description wasn't so far off. The ear-ons was described as lean, athletic or with a swimmers build. I guess in his youth he could have lost a lot of weight and become 'ripped', but I personally doubt it. From the ProBoards discussion, there was a potential ransacker poi who was a 30 something Vietnam vet whose fingerprints or dna (I'm not sure which) were found at several ransacker crimes scenes. He was a war hero and prisoner of war, and considerably older than ear estimates, some thought he may have made recruiting visits to Visalia homes, but I don't believe that was confrimed. He reportedly had family or contacts in so Cal and Sac. Could drug use have made a chubby teen into a lean, mean 20yo?

On the Maggiores, the most interesting thing to me is that ear committed 30+ attacks in the Sacramento area until the second, revised sketch of the Maggiore suspects was publicized, then never again in Sacramento. I think there is a good likeness in that sketch. JM.02

If the perp was into sports such as wrestling ect. he could purposely work at gaining / losing weight for upcoming competitions.
imo, speculation.

The chubby teen from Visalia could have morphed into the lean, mean EAR in Sacramento but it isn't likely, particularly in light of the age discrepancy. It is still possible but I would not exclude a potential suspect just because he had no Visalia links.

The Maggiore Case is certainly a mystery within a mystery. The killing occurred at virtually ground zero of the EAR case and the tied shoelaces were found very close to Maggiore's body. Still, how this double murder is linked to the EAR crimes is not at all clear.

There is speculation that EAR was prowling in the neighborhood; perhaps scouting out potential targets, when he bumped into the Maggiore's, who recognized him. Why would he need to kill them? Certainly he could have come up with a reason for being in the neighborhood. A "spur of the moment" double homicide in broad daylight with no escape plan is not EAR's style.

Another possibility is that the murders were entirely unrelated to EAR; a personal beef or something related to an Air Force criminal investigation perhaps. EAR was involved only to the extent that he was on the prowl nearby when he heard the gunfire and did not want to be around when the police showed up. This would explain why two men were seen leaving the scene while only one was involved in the shooting.

From what I can tell, there are a few "persons of interest" that different amateur sleuths have turned up. The key is to get that information to Law Enforcement and make the case that the lead is worth pursuing. If the FBI or one of the local PD's are sufficiently interested, they would have the resources to obtain DNA (either from the suspect or a family member) and take it from there.

if he was a vet that would explain his behaviour the rape victims said he had muscular legs there was talk of him being a jogger
that would make sense

there was talk the woman thought she was being followed maybe she saw him then recognized him when they bumped into him walking there dog
then confronted him it would make sense

Because we don't know who ear was, we can't be sure of his associates, so he certainly could have known the Maggiores from work or other social circles, or the neighborhood. But there is little doubt in my mind that the Maggiores and their killer knew each other. If he had merely had a beef with the Maggiores, he could have broken into the house killed them, or attacked them in the park or on secluded road, which would have been safer. I think the killer was up to something obviously 'wrong' in the area and was spotted...by people who could id him. He was very determined to get them. He chased them between houses, then further into neighboring back yards and past broken fences. I believe he only fired three shots, two hit each victim in the head. This was at night in poor light, so pretty good shot (military?). After this crime, two sets of witness sketches were released about two months apart, with two Sac area ear attacks in between. After the second sketch was released, and 30 attacks, he never attacked in the Sacramento area again. And there are the ear-style ligatures found near the scene. JMO

i was surprised richard shelby said he did not think he was in the military even though he was seen wearing shiny black military boots
he told one of the rape victims he got kicked out of the military

i was surprised richard shelby said he did not think he was in the military even though he was seen wearing shiny black military boots
he told one of the rape victims he got kicked out of the military

He told the victims all kind of things, I think to throw LE off. Shelby thought he went to an army surplus store.

He told the victims all kind of things, I think to throw LE off. Shelby thought he went to an army surplus store.

Agree, he told many lies, wonder if he planned which stories to tell which victim and wore/ brought along the appropriate props to support those stories?
imo, speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member