CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it ever been speculated by LE that GGK filmed or photographed his assaults?
Also wondering if he might have had a tape recorder in order to play the sound of voices so that the victim would think he was not alone?
speculation, imo.

Yes, and the EAR definitely stole some expensive camera equipment, at least once from a victim's house.

Prior to his arrest LE / the FBI have always said there were two elements of his MO which they were keeping secret, to weed out false confessions, help distinguish his actual crimes from copycats etc...

I have seen numerous people over the years speculate that one of the 'undisclosed' features of his MO was that he took photos of the victims. But it is still only speculation at this point.

ps In the past couple of days lots of people have bee saying that they believe the two secret MO's were turning on the kitchen faucet and running a fan to disguise the sound of his departure from the house. While he definitely DID do these two things (as described by victim Margaret Wardlow) I don't believe they would be unique enough to chose as his 'undisclosed' features of his MO.

My own opinion, as always.

Wow. Fascinating new episode of the 12-26-75 podcast:

https://soundcloud.com/12-26-75/ep-16-sgt-joe-deangelo-exeter-pd

They have found dozens of crimes in Exeter that sound like JJD, from as far back as 1970.

Ransackings, hot prowl burglaries, the same doctor being targeted repeatedly. Thefts of rare coins and blue chip stamps. Clusters of burglaries on the same street. Removing screens and prying doors.

I currently have no position on the murders of Jennifer Armour and Donna Richmond. Donna Richmond may have been killed by Oscar Clifton, or by JJD, or by someone else entirely.

Jennifer Armour is far more unlikely to have been killed by Oscar Clifton, but I am by no means convinced JJD is guilty of her murder.

I think the murder of these two young women in Exeter going to remain a deeply divisive issue and I am just not knowledgeable enough about either case to pass any kind of judgment.

But what I hope we can all agree on is that this episode pushes back the start of the ransackings and burglaries series even further. Some people following the case believed that JJD began his crime spree in 1976 as the EAR. Many of us believed it began in 1974 (or even 1973) as the VR.

Last year we heard about the crimes in Rancho Cordova / Cordova Meadows that seemed to suggest that the same man may have started this almost frenzied series of prowlings, burglaries, ransackings etc... as far back as in 1972.

Today's episode of the 12-26-75 podcast seems to suggest these crimes were going on since at least 1970. Stealing blue chip stamps, ransacking but not damaging the houses. Entering after removing screens on the rear window. Stealing trinkets but then discarding them very soon afterwards. Targeting the same residence over and over again.

IF these ransackings / burglaries WERE carried out by JJD my question is simple: just how long has this been going on??

Did he start when he was 25 in 1970?
Or when he was 21 in 1966?
We have seen his yearbook photo from 1961. Could he already have been breaking into the homes of the girls he went to school with at Mills Middle School??

My own opinions.

B8343180-8364-440D-BD43-E915582C8286.jpg
Lol I was nervous and definitely angling the phone away from my little boy for fear of what I might be attacked with. I didn't click images, though!! I'm definitely not that brave or dumb.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I currently have no position on the murders of Jennifer Armour and Donna Richmond. Donna Richmond may have been killed by Oscar Clifton, or by JJD, or by someone else entirely.

Jennifer Armour is far more unlikely to have been killed by Oscar Clifton, but I am by no means convinced JJD is guilty of her murder.

I think the murder of these two young women in Exeter going to remain a deeply divisive issue and I am just not knowledgeable enough about either case to pass any kind of judgment.

But what I hope we can all agree on is that this episode pushes back the start of the ransackings and burglaries series even further. Some people following the case believed that JJD began his crime spree in 1976 as the EAR. Many of us believed it began in 1974 (or even 1973) as the VR.

Last year we heard about the crimes in Rancho Cordova / Cordova Meadows that seemed to suggest that the same man may have started this almost frenzied series of prowlings, burglaries, ransackings etc... as far back as in 1972.

Today's episode of the 12-26-75 podcast seems to suggest these crimes were going on since at least 1970. Stealing blue chip stamps, ransacking but not damaging the houses. Entering after removing screens on the rear window. Stealing trinkets but then discarding them very soon afterwards. Targeting the same residence over and over again.

IF these ransackings / burglaries WERE carried out by JJD my question is simple: just how long has this been going on??

Did he start when he was 25 in 1970?
Or when he was 21 in 1966?
We have seen his yearbook photo from 1961. Could he already have been breaking into the homes of the girls he went to school with at Mills Middle School??

My own opinions.

He wasn't in Exeter was he during those years? ('68 -'73) I thought he was at Sacramento University prior to joining Exeter PD and at Sierra College before then, with the Navy '64 - '68 ?

Eta - I haven't seen the podcast so don't know the attacks that you are referring to but if they are in the Rancho Cordova area then he would not have been living far from there while he attended the state university approx '70-'73.

On GMA this morning ...
https://goodmorningamerica.com/news/video/details-emerge-alleged-golden-state-killer-54903187

Former boss in Auburn PD, who fired JJD, said a few of things I hadn’t heard before:

1) At some point, JJD gave him a tour of his house and even then JJD and his wife were sleeping in separate bedrooms, so could explain how he was able to sneak out of his own house without his wife knowing.

2) Shortly after he fired JJD, his 4yo daughter told him someone was at her window one night with a flashlight. It didn’t occur to him that it may be JJD.

3) JJD sued the city of Auburn for firing him. (The nerve!)

20/20 will cover this story Friday night.

MOO

Hoping someone can answer this. Why is there a statute of limitations on rape? I’m angry & disgusted by it. I can’t even begin to put into words how upsetting it is to know there is such a thing. Rape victims have to live with what happened to them for the rest of their lives. The perp should have to look over his shoulder the rest of his out of fear of being caught... Having this statute of limitations is allowing rapists to remain in control of what they did to the victims. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping someone can answer this. Why is there a statute of limitations on rape? I’m angry & disgusted by it. I can’t even begin to put into words how upsetting it is to know there is such a thing. Rape victims have to live with what happened to them for the rest of their lives. The perp should have to look over his shoulder the rest of his out of fear of being caught... Having this statute of limitations is allowing rapists to remain in control of what they did to the victims. MOO

Something about as time passes it’s harder to prove or disprove. It’s some bull crap reason to protect people.

CA eliminated the statute of limitations on rape. Law passed in 2016, went into effect in 2017. But NOT retroactive.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...iminates-statute-of-limitations-on-rape-cases

The new law will apply to crimes committed after Jan. 1, 2017.
MOO

Something about as time passes it’s harder to prove or disprove. It’s some bull crap reason to protect people.

I can’t roll my eyes back any harder than I am right now[emoji849] It is a load of bull. MOO

Thank you
That’s ridiculous...to go to the trouble of passing such a law, but it’s not retroactive? It’s like reaching out a hand to help someone & then pulling it away at the last second. SMH MOO

Per Wikipedia...

Ex post facto laws are expressly forbidden by the United States Constitution in Article 1, Section 9, Clause 3 (with respect to federal laws) and Article 1, Section 10 (with respect to state laws).
MOO

My own opinion...
Because men wrote the laws.
MOO

Oh, didn't know this, thanks!

You can also do a search and clear only those cookies associated with the news site -- SacBee, etc. That way you lessen the risk of losing those cookies that are useful (logins, etc.).

On GMA this morning ...
https://goodmorningamerica.com/news/video/details-emerge-alleged-golden-state-killer-54903187

Former boss in Auburn PD, who fired JJD, said a few of things I hadn’t heard before:

1) At some point, JJD gave him a tour of his house and even then JJD and his wife were sleeping in separate bedrooms, so could explain how he was able to sneak out of his own house without his wife knowing.

2) Shortly after he fired JJD, his 4yo daughter told him someone was at her window one night with a flashlight. It didn’t occur to him that it may be JJD.

3) JJD sued the city of Auburn for firing him. (The nerve!)

20/20 will cover this story Friday night.

MOO

wow, weird.
Esp #2 frightening!

I think it's unfair also. Why the statue of limitations for violent crimes?

to protect rapists!

Yes, and the EAR definitely stole some expensive camera equipment, at least once from a victim's house.

Prior to his arrest LE / the FBI have always said there were two elements of his MO which they were keeping secret, to weed out false confessions, help distinguish his actual crimes from copycats etc...

I have seen numerous people over the years speculate that one of the 'undisclosed' features of his MO was that he took photos of the victims. But it is still only speculation at this point.

ps In the past couple of days lots of people have bee saying that they believe the two secret MO's were turning on the kitchen faucet and running a fan to disguise the sound of his departure from the house. While he definitely DID do these two things (as described by victim Margaret Wardlow) I don't believe they would be unique enough to chose as his 'undisclosed' features of his MO.
:shame:
My own opinion, as always.

I feel a great deal will become clear, when we hear about the 'findings in his home'.
What has he stored: for reminders!!!! :shame:

Thank you
That’s ridiculous...to go to the trouble of passing such a law, but it’s not retroactive? It’s like reaching out a hand to help someone & then pulling it away at the last second. SMH MOO

retroactive changes to laws are hard to put in place... opens a real pandoras box if we allow that to become common place. Think past changing one law but what if all laws were to suddenly become retroactively enforceable....

wow, weird.
Esp #2 frightening!
And number 1 - a tour of JJD's house showed separate bedrooms - so this was between '76 - 79, I presume. That is before children were born. Hmmm - and this was when they hadn't been married long.

(During this period as an Auburn police officer, the 48 East Area Rapist attacks took place, some attacks were as frequent as once per week. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1