CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a great deal will become clear, when we hear about the 'findings in his home'.
What has he stored: for reminders!!!! :shame:

The police are keeping tight lipped about what they found in his house........but the LA Times is suing to find out what was removed from it.

retroactive changes to laws are hard to put in place... opens a real pandoras box if we allow that to become common place. Think past changing one law but what if all laws were to suddenly become retroactively enforceable....

So how far back can rapes be prosecuted that were committed before 2016 in California?

I feel a great deal will become clear, when we hear about the 'findings in his home'.
What has he stored: for reminders!!!! :shame:
And, what will be found under the concrete slabs in his front yard:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-golden-state-killer-profile-20180427-story.html

She said DeAngelo was handy, setting his own concrete in the front yard, which she suspects now might be of interest to detectives looking for some of the mementos the killer is known to have stolen from victims.

[FONT=&amp]"I think they're probably going to look under those slabs," she said.

[/FONT]

Lost finger? It's DeAngelo's brother that's missing a finger.

[h=1]Suspected East Area Rapist Missing Part Of A Finger[/h]http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/04/27/east-area-rapist-missing-finger-part/

He wasn't in Exeter was he during those years? ('68 -'73) I thought he was at Sacramento University prior to joining Exeter PD and at Sierra College before then, with the Navy '64 - '68 ?

Eta - I haven't seen the podcast so don't know the attacks that you are referring to but if they are in the Rancho Cordova area then he would not have been living far from there while he attended the state university approx '70-'73.
I have not seen when he was discharged from the Navy. Do you know it was 1968? Or possible it was later?

Is there a court hearing this morning?

Yes the hearing on the motion to suppress from yesterday that was continued until today. It starts in 15 minutes.

Yes, at 8:30am--a continuance from yesterday to talk about the search warrants. It's supposed to be livestreamed.

Edit: None of the local news stations have posted about the hearing. Hopefully it's just running late and will still be livestreamed.

And number 1 - a tour of JJD's house showed separate bedrooms - so this was between '76 - 79, I presume. That is before children were born. Hmmm - and this was when they hadn't been married long.

(During this period as an Auburn police officer, the 48 East Area Rapist attacks took place, some attacks were as frequent as once per week. )

so strange.

And one of the first detectives working the case is also missing a finger. He almost didn't get hired as a cop because of it.

wow!
So many missing fingers in this case. strange coincidence.

I have not seen when he was discharged from the Navy. Do you know it was 1968? Or possible it was later?
No I am not exactly sure. But I think it was '64 Sept to December San Diego training then USS Canberra including 22 months Vietnam deployment with discharge in '67 or '68 . Some sources also mentioned USS Piedmont but I can't place where I saw it now so take these dates as my approximations.

:cow:

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-libr...a-statute-of-limitations-on-sexual-abuse.html

This seems to indicate the rapes may have no statute of limitations if certain conditions apply. E.g. if a weapon was used or once DNA has identified a suspect.
It shouldn't apply to JJD because the women came forward immediately.
Waiting to say anything for 40 years is a different story.
IMO
(As far as it applies to this case anyway.)
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

​Does anyone have a link where we can stream his court appearance this morning?

It shouldn't apply to JJD because the women came forward immediately.
Waiting to say anything for 40 years is a different story.
IMO
(As far as it applies to this case anyway.)
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

agreed! Justice for his survivors.

I currently have no position on the murders of Jennifer Armour and Donna Richmond. Donna Richmond may have been killed by Oscar Clifton, or by JJD, or by someone else entirely.

Jennifer Armour is far more unlikely to have been killed by Oscar Clifton, but I am by no means convinced JJD is guilty of her murder.

I think the murder of these two young women in Exeter going to remain a deeply divisive issue and I am just not knowledgeable enough about either case to pass any kind of judgment.

But what I hope we can all agree on is that this episode pushes back the start of the ransackings and burglaries series even further. Some people following the case believed that JJD began his crime spree in 1976 as the EAR. Many of us believed it began in 1974 (or even 1973) as the VR.

Last year we heard about the crimes in Rancho Cordova / Cordova Meadows that seemed to suggest that the same man may have started this almost frenzied series of prowlings, burglaries, ransackings etc... as far back as in 1972.

Today's episode of the 12-26-75 podcast seems to suggest these crimes were going on since at least 1970. Stealing blue chip stamps, ransacking but not damaging the houses. Entering after removing screens on the rear window. Stealing trinkets but then discarding them very soon afterwards. Targeting the same residence over and over again.

IF these ransackings / burglaries WERE carried out by JJD my question is simple: just how long has this been going on??

Did he start when he was 25 in 1970?
Or when he was 21 in 1966?
We have seen his yearbook photo from 1961. Could he already have been breaking into the homes of the girls he went to school with at Mills Middle School??

My own opinions.

I'm just now looking into the JA/DR murders. The podcast (I'm only through pts 1&2) seem to be moving toward clearing OC for Donna's murder. Why do you think he's unlikely for JA? I was postulating that OC may have killed JA and JJD went after DR, using the JA killing as a cover for his own activity so close to home. There is a very interesting map that compliments the podcast. JJD's sister's house and the Exeter PD precinct are blocks away from DR's home and final bike route.

Here’s a good cnn article on CA statute of limitations on rape, as it relates to the GSK case...
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/26/us/golden-state-killer-statute-limitations-trnd/index.html

There are unlikely to be individual rape charges against him unrelated to those murders, Levenson said.

"Rapes that resulted in murders, there is no statute of limitations for the murders," Levenson said. "I think it's an open question whether we'll see independent sexual assault charges, but you'll certainly see them if they were part of the murder."

There is one caveat to the 2016 law, however. Exceptions can be made in rape cases if new DNA evidence is found later.

In any case, the capital murder charges will be more important to DeAngelo's prosecution than the statute of limitations for rape.

"I don't think it's gonna matter at all," Levenson said. "You can only get so many death penalties."

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member