CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to add my agreement to this post. I agree, he never some sorts of stopped criminality until something or someone forced him to. Not illness, not even age if what Det. Holes has said is true, and I believe it is.

CA is a community property state, I believe, and there is another residence connected to him legally which has had an occupant who will not let him enter, who is known to stand in the doorway or driveway and exchange profanities and screams with JJD for many years.

This same residence and occupant recently was noted to have refused entry to LE ( who apparently did not have a search warrant) but did stand out in the same driveway and talk to them for around 60 minutes.

My questions- WHAT'S IN THAT HOUSE other than the occupant??

Also, why doesn't LE get a search warrant for that house due to the joint marital property status? If they've removed items from this second residence, it must have been under cover of a crime tent and at night, or photos would also be available of that, I'd think.

good question!

From the link:

Vallejo police Detective Terry Poyser, who has worked the Zodiac case for four years, said his agency has submitted two envelopes that contained letters from the Zodiac Killer for a type of advanced DNA analysis that previously had not been available in the case.

Poyser declined to identify the lab, but said it would attempt to obtain a full DNA profile from saliva on the envelope flap and stamps. He said he expected to have results back from the lab as soon as in the next few weeks, and almost certainly by summer.

"They were confident they would be able to get something off it," Poyser said.

(snip)

The department has three letters and two envelopes from the Zodiac, Poyser said. The envelopes each have a double stamp, which Poyser said was a trademark of the Zodiac. They originally were sent to the San Francisco Chronicle and the San Francisco Examiner, he said. The third letter was sent to the Vallejo Times-Herald, but does not have an envelope with it, he said.

San Francisco police, who have been working on the case collaboratively with Vallejo, also have cards and ciphers sent by the Zodiac, he said.

Poyser said he believes the Zodiac Killer is no longer alive. Arthur Leigh Allen, a former elementary school teacher and convicted child molester who lived in Vallejo, long was considered a top suspect. Allen died in 1992 at the age of 58, according to media reports.

Thanks man! Good looking out.....

There's been some confusion. I said earlier we need to see his hands and possibly a tattoo. I think the tattoo has been discredited. But there are several links below regarding his finger.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/us/joseph-james-deangelo.html
"What Mr. Willick recalls about Mr. DeAngelo was a small quirk — he’d lost part of a finger, something that he’d told the department happened in Vietnam."

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article209792989.html
Burgarel said DeAngelo was injured while serving in the military and lost a finger.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...dpa-according-to-teen/?utm_term=.bdd372bb51b7
He lost a finger before leaving the military, one of his neighbors told the Bee.

In his initial court appearance, you could see his hand on the wheelchair and it looked like he was missing part of his finger. It was discussed and pointed out in the first thread.

Since Deangelo can't be charged on the rapes, & the women murdered can't identify his penis, why would they want pictures of his penis?

They have his DNA, finger prints (which are worthless because he wore gloves), & I'm assuming if they pulled out lots of stolen souvenirs from his crimes that can be matched up, along with other evidence we don't know about, do they really need penis pictures? Lol!

Maybe to solve the cold cases of rape even though they cannot charge him.

That incident occurred in 1971? I didn't know the crimes began that early although I have wondered if they began as soon as he returned from Vietnam.

maybe even started as a young pre-teen with peeping etc...

good question!

According to the Placer County Assessors website, he had an ownership interest in a home there, years ago. It appears he has since granted his ownership interest in that home to the person who currently resides there.

There's been some confusion. I said earlier we need to see his hands and possibly a tattoo. I think the tattoo has been discredited. But there are several links below regarding his finger.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/us/joseph-james-deangelo.html
"What Mr. Willick recalls about Mr. DeAngelo was a small quirk — he’d lost part of a finger, something that he’d told the department happened in Vietnam."

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article209792989.html
Burgarel said DeAngelo was injured while serving in the military and lost a finger.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...dpa-according-to-teen/?utm_term=.bdd372bb51b7
He lost a finger before leaving the military, one of his neighbors told the Bee.
All three of the above stories originated from the interview with that one neighbor. It was later disclosed that the neighbor had confused Joseph with his brother however, I’m just going by what I’ve read.

All three of the above stories originated from the interview with that one neighbor. It was later disclosed that the neighbor had confused Joseph with his brother however, I’m just going by what I’ve read.

The reporter live after being in the courthouse stated on HLN that he was missing a finger.

According to this podcast, both JJD and his brother suffered finger injuries during their military service. Listen from 23:10 to 23:26.

Now that would explain the confusion........if they were both cops & identical twins, then we would have a difficult case, but that's not the case.

There's very little evidence there ever was a second person. He quite often pretended to talk to someone, but the victims believed he was making it up. At one scene, one victim reported that she thought she heard a woman's voice. But I don't think anyone ever seriously believed he had a partner in any of his crimes. That looks like a rabbit hole not worth going down at this point. Not unless some evidence points there.

In Hunting a Psychopath Ch. 47 the victims both said they heard a woman's voice and another person honking/tapping on the window in another room.

Wow. I am about halfway through this. It's definitely worth a listen. ETA it says that BOTH JJD and his brother suffered finger injuries.

that's so bizarre.

According to this podcast, both JJD and his brother suffered finger injuries during their military service. Listen from 23:10 to 23:26.

:gaah: need to see that finger.

In his initial court appearance, you could see his hand on the wheelchair and it looked like he was missing part of his finger. It was discussed and pointed out in the first thread.
I zoomed in on his right hand and increased the sharpness and you can see that his finger is there it's just hidden by a shadow.Finger.png

you'd be shocked. There are enablers and friends who stick together especially if their past isn't too squeaky clean. I know of a group of rapists that cover for each other. Thick as thieves as one would say.
Or afraid of reprisals.

Wait...you know a group of rapists?!

I’m sorry, I can’t believe someone would unwittingly ride along for a rape, then stay quiet for 40 years, knowing this guy raped and killed all these people. I don’t care how “thick” they are, someone would have talked to someone.

And these rapists you know...obviously someone talked there. Otherwise, how would you know they’re rapists? (And I really hope you’ve told LE about these rapists.)

MOO

What podcast? Do you have a link?

I agree, if it isn't tiny, he could get off. However, he has only been charged with the murders so far so how and why is the penis size relevant to the murders? I don't really follow that bit.

Perhaps the picture is just one additional way to link him to the crimes? I'm not sure I understand why the picture would be so important as they have his DNA and that links him to the crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz