CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They never try to get treatment because they are not suffering. They just make other people suffer. Even if they know what they are, they don't feel like they need treatment, they usually just feel superior to others. And then there is no treatment, treatment makes them worse (see psychopaths in prison who get therapy there, they end up in prison again more often than the ones that didn't get therapy). They are born this way and their brains are wired in a very different way, I just hope one day they find some kind of treatment because there are so many out there and they cause so much damage. Even the ones that never end up in prison.

What I meant is that for serial killers "in the making", if they get caught, they won't get life in prison if they didn't kill anyone (yet), but they will if you let them out again, so they should have to stay in prison, but after their sentence is done should be transferred to a "psychiatric" prison because they stay a danger to society and can't be treated and can't be cured.

True, and some psychopaths are capable of fooling mental health professionals. They can be that convincing.

What I meant is that for serial killers "in the making", if they get caught, they won't get life in prison if they didn't kill anyone (yet), but they will if you let them out again, so they should have to stay in prison, but after their sentence is done should be transferred to a "psychiatric" prison because they stay a danger to society and can't be treated and can't be cured.

Unfortunately this sets a dangerous precedent because how can you tell which ones would kill and who wouldn't? Unfortunately, psychopathy is a mental illness and people are allowed to be mentally ill. You'd have to PROVE they were a danger to themselves or others or else you'd be hard pressed to find a judge willing to violate someone's 8th amendment rights.

I'm not a professional, but my thoughts are that the psychopathy is responsible for the horrible acts. There are arguments with professionals on psychopathy and in itself, my understanding, is that psychopathy is not an official diagnosis. It appears to be generally agreed by most professionals that a psychopath is a person who suffers from a personality disorder or personality disorders that are in the Cluster B spectrum. The Cluster B spectrum includes the anti-social personality disorder (sociopath) and it also includes the narcissistic personality disorder.

The Cluster B spectrum of personality disorders is the spectrum that involves the tendency to victimize others, have a lack of empathy, remorse, etc. The symptoms often overlap and it is possible for a person to be a narcissist and a sociopath and I believe those are the ones who are generally considered to be psychopaths.

But as psychopaths are human (hard to believe) they can also suffer from disorders like OCD, which might affect how they do certain things, like washing their hands multiple times each hour, but I don't think the OCD in itself, would be enough to cause a person to do the types of things DeAngelo is said to have done. Just my opinion, and I'm not a professional. I just had a very good reason in my life to become educated about the Cluster B's, unfortunately!

My daughter has severe OCD - Its not the cause. It would just be the little quirks involved in his personality and habits. Psychopath - yes. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, and some psychopaths are capable of fooling mental health professionals. They can be that convincing.

I would say all of them are capable of that, manipulating them and even fooling them if they get treatment in prison into believing that they are much better, cured and no danger to society anymore.

They are very dangerous predators, and like you, I had a reason to educate myself on that subject, if you ever dealt with one, you know that their brains work in totally different ways, that there is no way to ever change them and that that they don't see other people as human beings but as tools and toys to get what they want without feeling any empathy or remorse. They enjoy to see other people suffer, especially if THEY themselves made them suffer.

That's probably one reason why JJD called his victims even years or decades after the attack, not just because he wanted to relive it but also because he got a kick out of making them suffer again.

Unfortunately this sets a dangerous precedent because how can you tell which ones would kill and who wouldn't? Unfortunately, psychopathy is a mental illness and people are allowed to be mentally ill. You'd have to PROVE they were a danger to themselves or others or else you'd be hard pressed to find a judge willing to violate someone's 8th amendment rights.

What is dangerous is to let psychopaths that already committed crimes out of prison again, you can be 100 % sure that they will start committing the same crimes again the moment they are let into society and then in some cases they will escalate.

There are very good tools now to diagnose them, one being brain scans, and if they get this diagnosis and already committed crimes, I don't see the problem with keeping them in some kind of "security custody". In some European countries (maybe in most or all, I'm not sure) you can do this but only if they already committed murder (or, possibly, I'm not sure about that, committed crimes that show how much of a danger to society they are).

The thing is, let's say someone suffers from some kind of psychosis and they commit crimes, even murder because of their illness, they shouldn't even go to prison, they should be treated at a psychiatric hospital and have to stay there until they respond to treatment and then they are not a danger to society anymore and you can let them out. This is also what is done in a lot of countries, probably even in the US, not sure. But psychopathy is a kind of mental disorder (not an illness in that sense) that can't be treated. Just look at JJD and the hundreds, no, thousands of lives he destroyed, not just the victims lives, but the lives of their families, friends. Just one person. Had he been caught early, all this could have been prevented, all the suffering that this one man caused to thousands of people (and even more if you count the people who lived in the areas that he was active in and were scared to death for years and decades). If we have the tools now to prevent this, why not use them?

And yes, of course do more and more research to get more tools and better tools. There is a lot of research going on and a couple of years ago, just to give an example of one of the symptoms, if you will, is that they have a different speech pattern and they talk more about material things like food, sex and money than non-psychopaths.

http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2011/10/words-psychopaths-reveal-their-predatory-nature

What is dangerous is to let psychopaths that already committed crimes out of prison again, you can be 100 % sure that they will start committing the same crimes again the moment they are let into society and then in some cases they will escalate.

There are very good tools now to diagnose them, one being brain scans, and if they get this diagnosis and already committed crimes, I don't see the problem with keeping them in some kind of "security custody". In some European countries (maybe in most or all, I'm not sure) you can do this but only if they already committed murder (or, possibly, I'm not sure about that, committed crimes that show how much of a danger to society they are).

The thing is, let's say someone suffers from some kind of psychosis and they commit crimes, even murder because of their illness, they shouldn't even go to prison, they should be treated at a psychiatric hospital and have to stay there until they respond to treatment and then they are not a danger to society anymore and you can let them out. This is also what is done in a lot of countries, probably even in the US, not sure. But psychopathy is a kind of mental disorder (not an illness in that sense) that can't be treated. Just look at JJD and the hundreds, no, thousands of lives he destroyed, not just the victims lives, but the lives of their families, friends. Just one person. Had he been caught early, all this could have been prevented, all the suffering that this one man caused to thousands of people (and even more if you count the people who lived in the areas that he was active in and were scared to death for years and decades). If we have the tools now to prevent this, why not use them?

And yes, of course do more and more research to get more tools and better tools. There is a lot of research going on and a couple of years ago, just to give an example of one of the symptoms, if you will, is that they have a different speech pattern and they talk more about material things like food, sex and money than non-psychopaths.

http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2011/10/words-psychopaths-reveal-their-predatory-nature

I agree with you. Why do we allow people like JJD hurt so many people? Especially after they are convicted. They shouldn't ever be released.

Just a question... Didn't he call a help line at one point looking for help? Why would a psychopath do that?
I agree with you. Why do we allow people like JJD hurt so many people? Especially after they are convicted. They shouldn't ever be released.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Just a question... Didn't he call a help line at one point looking for help? Why would a psychopath do that?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

If he did it just to mess with that person or see if it would end up in the media. Seems like mind games to me. Not real intentions. So far we have no evidence it was him or some wannabe.

I did not realize there were over 100 cases associated with the Visalia ransacker in 1974 and 1975. And how close Visalia was to Exeter when he was working there for the police, only 11 miles!

Screenshot_20180505-233554.jpg

Source- Google Maps

Maybe in a couple of decades after more research, when you are arrested it will be "fingerprints, DNA, brain scan, psychopathy checklist check, speech pattern check (plus a couple of other tools that can diagnose psychopathy)".

People also should never forget that we all run into psychopaths in our lives, at least one, there are enough out there, it can be a spouse, it can be your boss, a friend, a co-worker, a family member. And if you are lucky and it's not connected to your job you might just see that they are "weird" and "selfish" and just go no contact with them without ever realizing what this person is and how dangerous they are (even if they never kill anyone, they will make your life hell in all kinds of ways).

A couple of days ago I stumbled across Philip Chism. He raped and killed his teacher at his school and did some things to her that make him look like a "psychopath in the making". And he probably is (or was). There is a lot of CCTV footage of him following her into the bathroom and then wheeling her dead or unconscious body around school and outside of school in broad daylight in a recycling bin and then he buried her in the woods. Later that day he went to watch a movie and paid for the ticket with her credit card. But he was only 14. So he will be eligible for parole after 25 years (in reality after 40 years because he got extra sentences for rape and I think for robbery). So this animal could be back in society when he is around 55 years old, still young enough to commit more crimes. But hopefully they will keep him in prison for life. Also because maybe until then there will be enough knowledge about psychopaths to understand that they are predators in the real sense of the word and are a real danger to society.

<modsnip>

Does anyone know if he had computers in his house? We know he supposedly didn't have any TVs.......strange for a serial killer at his age not having a TV to get the local news at least on what's going on with the GSK case.

I know you can get the info off of a computer as well, just wondering if anyone knows he had one?

Do you have a source for the information that he didn't have a TV? I can't find that information anywhere.

Yes.I think some people here do not understand the difference between psychosis and a psychopath. And being psychotic is not not the same as being a psychopath. Big difference.

I wonder if he killed in the 1990s or even into the 2000s.

A week before he was charged i would assume the cops watching him were in that same cafe.....thinking he's up to no good touching that cafe worker...i think she dodged a bullit..great dna would have been available from there with napkins...*serviettes.....

They never try to get treatment because they are not suffering. They just make other people suffer. Even if they know what they are, they don't feel like they need treatment, they usually just feel superior to others. And then there is no treatment, treatment makes them worse (see psychopaths in prison who get therapy there, they end up in prison again more often than the ones that didn't get therapy). They are born this way and their brains are wired in a very different way, I just hope one day they find some kind of treatment because there are so many out there and they cause so much damage. Even the ones that never end up in prison.

I agree - they do enjoy the suffering they cause others, but it is rather chilling to watch a psychopath when they've been caught and they realize they are going to suffer some very serious consequences. Their reaction to this realization can be unbelievably pathetic.

As pathetic as Joseph DeAngelo at his court hearing, in a wheel chair, acting like he is catatonic. It's absolutely bizarre.

After posting this I did a little more research and it appears that the antenna is pointed to the NW, and directly at the Roseville Police Dept. which is about 4 miles away.

That's unsettling. However, he had no inkling they were coming to get him or he wouldn't have bothered with that roast. :laughing:

Psychosis is a temporary condition and psychopathy is a personality disorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1