CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is dangerous is to let psychopaths that already committed crimes out of prison again, you can be 100 % sure that they will start committing the same crimes again the moment they are let into society and then in some cases they will escalate.

There are very good tools now to diagnose them, one being brain scans, and if they get this diagnosis and already committed crimes, I don't see the problem with keeping them in some kind of "security custody". In some European countries (maybe in most or all, I'm not sure) you can do this but only if they already committed murder (or, possibly, I'm not sure about that, committed crimes that show how much of a danger to society they are).

The thing is, let's say someone suffers from some kind of psychosis and they commit crimes, even murder because of their illness, they shouldn't even go to prison, they should be treated at a psychiatric hospital and have to stay there until they respond to treatment and then they are not a danger to society anymore and you can let them out. This is also what is done in a lot of countries, probably even in the US, not sure. But psychopathy is a kind of mental disorder (not an illness in that sense) that can't be treated. Just look at JJD and the hundreds, no, thousands of lives he destroyed, not just the victims lives, but the lives of their families, friends. Just one person. Had he been caught early, all this could have been prevented, all the suffering that this one man caused to thousands of people (and even more if you count the people who lived in the areas that he was active in and were scared to death for years and decades). If we have the tools now to prevent this, why not use them?

And yes, of course do more and more research to get more tools and better tools. There is a lot of research going on and a couple of years ago, just to give an example of one of the symptoms, if you will, is that they have a different speech pattern and they talk more about material things like food, sex and money than non-psychopaths.

http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2011/10/words-psychopaths-reveal-their-predatory-nature

Agree, and I tend to believe someone in LE when they refer to a suspect as a psychopath. LE has seen the incredible damage they cause and if they are able to catch them, they witness their lack of empathy for their victims as well as their lack of remorse for what they have done. I frequently watch Joe Kenda and he has stated that he still has nightmares about what he's seen. No doubt!

Alcohol induced psychosis hundreds of times ... right.

Alcohol induced psychosis hundreds of times ... right.
I personally know someone with substance abuse psychosis (drugs and alcohol) and it is not a temporary disorder it has permanently affected him and he was treated to no effect.

If JJD is a psychopath then he cannot be treated .....right? Whereas if he is schizoprenic or psychotic he can, as in Sutcliffe example I posted.

I prefer to wait for the doctors and jury opinion. I would never profess to understand the difference between all these conditions and don't believe it to be a prerequisite to contributing to a forum. And if LE were so correct then they should have caught him years ago. But that's JMO and I respect yours and others too of course.

Shiresslueth,

Here a really good article from "Psychology Today".

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/wicked-deeds/201401/how-tell-sociopath-psychopath

Well, doctors make mistakes. And as has been said before, they can fool and manipulate doctors and therapist into believing that they are really mentally ill and not just a psycho. They lie to get what they want. They will tell you sob stories that are often not even true to get you to feel sympathy for them. Even doctors can be fooled by that. If you read the article, in the first case where he didn't kill the guy he even said "I'm a schizophrenic, I can't help it" - he used it as an excuse and at the same time to get sympathy from his victim.

All the other things, like he killed just because he wanted to kill and the whole "I had such a bad childhood, boohoo, feel sorry for me" and the way he talked/wrote about his crimes, cold as ice, no empathy, no remorse, that makes him a psychopath. He just managed to fool some doctors. That happens.

Now, what I really would like to know, why do you want JJD to be anything else under the sun than a psychopath? It really seems to bug you when people, even LE, call him a psychopath.

Has the media found out yet what he was doing during that missing decade? What was his job after he got fired and before he started working at the place we know about that he just retired from.? I can't believe it's taken so long to find that information out.

rbbm
http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article210462009.html
So what stopped the terrifying crime spree? Or did it stop at all?

While investigators from multiple jurisdictions piece together the suspect’s life, criminologists and other experts on serial offenders are divided over whether a perpetrator as cunning and prolific as the East Area Rapist could ever manage to control his urges for 32 years.
Jack Levin, a criminologist who has studied and interviewed serial killers, including Charles Manson, said it is a common misconception that these offenders are hard-wired to keep on raping and killing.

“People believe that serial killers have an uncontrollable urge to kill, that they’re obsessing with it and simply are unable to stop,” said Levin, professor emeritus at Northeastern University in Boston. “But that’s not true. There are a number of serial killers who have stopped.”

Levin cited the case of Dennis Rader, the notorious BTK Killer (Bind, Torture, Kill), who murdered 10 people in Kansas between 1974 and 1991 before going dormant. After a 13-year hiatus, he began sending notes and packages in 2004 to the Wichita Eagle newspaper and to police, later telling a psychologist he had been feeling “kind of bored,” according to news accounts of the case. The communications led to his arrest in 2005.
Retired FBI agent Jeffrey Rinek, who worked in the Sacramento field office before retiring and has interviewed rapists and serial killers, said he could think of only one instance in which a serial offender was “self-aware and knew what he had to do to stop."

“If the East Area Rapist did in fact stop – and I’m not convinced that he did – then he found a diversion,” Rinek said. “He found a way to satisfy his needs going in a different direction.”

Rinek said some serial rapists and killers fulfill their fantasies through consensual relationships, often with family members.

“His desires didn’t just vaporize,” he said, noting that the suspect’s family dynamic must be thoroughly explored.
Kane said she considered it likely that the East Area Rapist found some kind of “compensatory behavior,” such as a consenting partner who went along with his urges. Or perhaps law enforcement has not yet connected all the dots, she said, and other cases will emerge.

Kane said she doesn’t think the suspect’s age – DeAngelo is 72 and appeared in court in a wheelchair – adequately explains a hiatus from serial raping. While there is a reduction in libido because of hormone levels, she said, perpetrators “still have a brain that controls sex drive.”

“Elderly people in wheelchairs and paraplegics have committed rapes,” she said

I'm surprised the news outlets aren't connecting/ acknowledging him now to being the Visalia ransacker in their documents and media reports.

I wonder why? He did over 100 break-ins 11 miles from where he was working for the Exeter police department. :moo:

Screenshot_20180505-233554.jpg

Source- Google Maps

:pullhair: media.. what was his vocation in those Missing Years? Security guard?

That's why I asked the question because I don't know.
Who is they? Still no link for him being talked to, so is this just opinion because facts need links?

:cow:
His defense attorney complained that they were talking to him without letting her speak with him. It's on the record that he was being interrogated by LE. What he told them, we don't know yet.

Howard, his newly appointed public defender, would not talk about her client's health issues or why he was in a wheelchair, but complained that she was denied access to him while sheriff's investigators interviewed him Wednesday, even after she got a court order.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article209999469.html

I'm surprised the news outlets aren't connecting/ acknowledging him now to being the Visalia ransacker in their documents and media reports.

I wonder why? He did over 100 break-ins 11 miles from where he was working for the Exeter police department. :moo:

View attachment 133868

Source- Google Maps

:pullhair: media.. what was his vocation in those Missing Years? Security guard?

LE’s own lead investigator, Paul Holes, didn’t believe he was the Visalia Ransacker. They have to have evidence of it and so far, we don’t have any concrete proof. (Although all signs point to it) We will have to wait for a trial or a confession before we can definitively say he is or was the Visalia Ransacker.

There are so many people that do maps that are on this site, but I am just starting to try to get an idea of where he was living versus his crimes. He was arrested very near where EARS began and he went to high school.

Screenshot_20180506-101838.jpg

Sources Google Maps

LE’s own lead investigator, Paul Holes, didn’t believe he was the Visalia Ransacker. They have to have evidence of it and so far, we don’t have any concrete proof. (Although all signs point to it) We will have to wait for a trial or a confession before we can definitively say he is or was the Visalia Ransacker.

Has he said that publicly since the arrest? That he doesn't think that it is not?

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04...cked-the-golden-state-killer-to-his-door/amp/

During a press conference Wednesday, police identified DeAngelo not only as the “Golden State Killer” and the “East Area Rapist” — two of his many aliases — but also as the “Visalia Ransacker,” a serial burglar in the mid-70s who eventually committed a murder, and fired a revolver at an officer’s head as he escaped from one crime scene.

That's unsettling. However, he had no inkling they were coming to get him or he wouldn't have bothered with that roast. :laughing:

They wouldn't discuss that on the scanner. no way.

Does anyone know if there’s anything still in evidence from the VR crimes that can be tested for DNA?

Numerous posts were removed this morning.

Websleuths does not allow snark, sarcasm, rudeness, bickering, personalizing.

You may disagree with another poster but do it respectfully.

Read The Rules and post accordingly or you may find yourself on timeout.

:tyou:

On another note, remember that links are required to substantiate what you state as fact.

Websleuths is fact based. Example, please don't toss out statistics such as 50% of this and 20% of that without providing proof to back up what you claim. This includes statements about medical conditions where links are required to support what you state as fact. If it is JUST your opinion, make that very clear with MOO, JMO, IMO

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member