CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the little clip that was taken from him appearing in court...

... I get the impression that he is faking phyiscal weakness at the moment. *******!

http://fox40.com/2018/04/30/coworker-friend-reveals-new-details-about-east-area-rapist-suspect/
Coworker, Friend Reveals New Details About East Area Rapist Suspect
POSTED 7:02 PM, APRIL 30, 2018
[...]
"I can't look at him in court because I picture the guy that I was standing next to at work," Griffin told FOX40.
They had lunch together every day for years and went waterskiing together. Now DeAngelo is accused of being a vicious serial killer and rapist.
Griffin says as a mechanic he was "meticulous" while working at a Save Mart distribution center in Roseville.
"He was very afraid of being in trouble," Griffin said. "He never called in sick. He was proud of that."
Griffin also says DeAngelo was missing part of a finger.
"He said that happened in the Navy," Griffin said.
[...]

Absolutely. The pathologists who examined Peter Sutcliffe's victims between 1975 and 1981 had no problem identifying the types of hammers and other tools used in the killings.

That probably has a lot to do with the fact that they found his hammer.

Remi_a, now I am curious why you ask?

There was discussion earlier about a brother who alledgedly was charged with burglary and rape. The brother lives or lived in Southern California; there was also discussion about GSK possibly having an accomplice in some of the crimes. I didn’t hear anything about GSK being a twin, so I was wondering what the odds are of having a same sex sibling, not a twin, who has the same or nearly the same DNA readout. Subsequent posts indicate that possibility is astronomically rare and unlikely.

The question came to me because I have this nagging sense that something, or some things, aren’t adding up, and I say that while realizing we lack a goodly amount of factual information. I do hope we’re dealing with only one person for these crimes. Btw, I don’t doubt they have the right man, merely wondering if they have ALL the right people.

I would like to believe the legalities of what LE did by using GEDmatch to try to find a match were thoroughly vetted from a legal standpoint.

If the way LE used GEDmatch to identify a relative of the killer/rapist turns out to be inadmissible in court, does that mean that the DNA samples LE obtained of DeAngelo himself (that were a match to crime scene DNA) would also be thrown out as inadmissible?

My understanding is LE was watching DeAngelo after he was identified as a potential suspect through GEDmatch, and they were able to obtain two DNA samples from items DeAngelo discarded. LE performed a DNA analysis of DeAngelo's actual DNA and it matched crime scene (s) DNA.

Its not too hard to understand really. The match they got with GEDmatch is probably not going to be introduced in evidence at all really its just a shortcut they took to identify him. The evidence will be what they took out of his garbage and then the DNA they took after he was arrested.

From the other thread:
DeAngelo's DNA was acquired in a legal manner. It came from two items that he discarded in public. The relative that shared DNA with DeAngelo was discovered through GEDmatch.com and that is what caused LE to begin investigating DeAngelo.

The concern is over the fake profile used, not the fact that they used GED match.

So did he never call in sick or did he call in frequently on account of vertigo?

They traced him back from his great, great, great grandparents. That's amazing. I know from working on my family tree just how much work that involves.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Exactly what I was saying a day or two ago, the DNA traced from from the great great grandparents. Its amazing, and interesting.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he got arrested, got released, went to a different store, stole the same items he got caught stealing at the other store, and went on about his business.

I think he shop lifted everything he used in his crimes.......even the lotions he brought along, it just happened to be he got caught once, but it didn't slow him down, 3 days later he was committing crimes, this guy had nerves of steel.

I wonder if he was in Cleveland area during this time; visiting any family ther? Living there? 1979-1990. What was he doing?

Compare photo three of his sketches to these two from a Cleveland area assault and murder.
IMG_2161.JPGIMG_2160.jpg

It's not just shoplifting a hammer and dog repellent. It's that it happened in the same area where 50 rapes and home invasions had occured. It's that he had to be restrained and tied to a chair. It's that he wad a cop with access to the same kind of revolvers used in the crimes. That in combination with not visibly checking and identifying every attendee at the town hall makes for terrible, shoddy police/detective work. The guy was sitting there at the town hall while at least 3 or 4 sketches that looked pretty darn close to his resemblance were displayed up on stage. Did they not even consider that the perp might attend? And no one in the police force recognized him as being the cop fired for shoplifting those items? They didn't go through and and do recognizance on all the 5' 10", 165 lbs, blue eyed, 30 year old men who showed up at the meeting?

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

The superior that fired him says he feels embarrassed but acknowledges that a can of dog repellant is something cops would use because dogs would chase them.
http://fox40.com/2018/04/29/former-police-chief-who-fired-joseph-deangelo-says-hes-embarrassed/
"He violated the trust of the people," Willick said. "It was clear from our investigation he committed a theft and there’s no room in law enforcement for someone that steals."But beyond that, Willick says there weren’t any other red flags. He describes DeAngelo as an average Joe.
Even the stuff he was accused of stealing, a hammer and dog repellent, didn’t stand out at the time as the potential tools of a rapist and murderer.
"Law enforcement would carry dog repellant too because, like a mailman, officers go to doors and dogs chase after them," Willick said. "So it wasn’t anything that sent up a red flag."

I really don't think those things would say "he's the rapist" to anyone. I'm not understanding this need to go "that was a red flag!" it's only a red flag because of what we know now.

“He used to get vertigo and couldn’t get out of bed sometimes so he had to stay home.” Tim Muriset, co-worker...thx to SecretAgentMan
http://fox40.com/2018/04/30/coworker-friend-reveals-new-details-about-east-area-rapist-suspect/
bbm, where was this info found exactly? i'm going thru pages 49-72 of the previous thread and am not finished yet so i might run across it while catching up on my reading. the reason i brought it up was that the coworker from save mart distribution said jjd never called in sick and was proud of that.

"He was very afraid of being in trouble," Griffin said. "He never called in sick. He was proud of that."

Good point! No more hopping fences for sure.

Except that tonight's local news was about his "frail" appearance in court. His neighbor was interviewed and talked about "he was just jumping over the fence into my yard a couple of days ago."

Sounds more like the vertigo might have been "I don't want to go to work today."

Vertigo is a great excuse to get out of work as long as no one sees you mowing your lawn or riding your motorcycle.

Or he developed it later in life and that’s why the crimes stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet another reason I hate suffering from vertigo--people often think you're faking. I suspect it's like migraines and fibromyalgia and the like... invisible so some people lie and say they have it but don't and then we all look like malingerers.

Mine isn't better or worse with the height of things--my vision and balance are so skewed during an episode that I sometimes literally don't know which way is up. Movement of any kind is excruciating and causes wave upon wave of naseua.

Hmm. I know we've all been wondering about him stopping and how and when exactly that happened for reals and now I'm thinking if he did actually stop perhaps it was due to a health issue like vertigo or something like that which messes with one's senses.

This (if it's true) combined with the hard of hearing thing makes me think he may have suffered an injury to the inner ear when he was in the southern area of the state; probably on some new job he had to take after being fired as a police officer but before he started at save mart.

Good question! Each person inherits approximately 1/2 of their dna from their father and approximately 1/2 from their mother. I'm just guessing here, but it might be possible (and likely rare) for two full siblings to match as identical twins if they both inherited the same exact dna from each parent. In a dna class I took, it was discussed there are of rare cases where two siblings do not show as sibling matches and the explanation is they each inherited opposite 1/2's of each parents' dna.

There's also crossover and recombination happening with the DNA inherited from each parent; this is why all siblings who are not identical twins have different dna. It's like scrambled eggs. Add into that the multiple different ways a mutation in dna sequence can occur (substitution, deletion) it's a wonder we don't see more genetic disorders more often. Scientists believe the "junk" dna has something to do with keeping bad sequences at bay, that and spontaneous abortion of zygotes with bad sequences.

Where is all the vertigo talk coming from? Someone said he called in sick with it to Save Mart? Because his co-worker buddy just said he never called in sick ever lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67