CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite new at this so be patient with me but I seem to have found several links between both cases that made me feel as if I should point them out.

-Keddie is more or less a couple of hours from Auburn, a set of remains found within the GSK hunting ground (Near Butte City) was later recovered and linked to Keddie Murders as of 12 yo Tina Sharp.

-Keddie murders happened in April 1981, before the GSK JULY 1981 murders.

-Keddie was a home invasion, victims were tied on feet and hands, it has always been discussed that the son and his gf who were murdered in Keddie walked in as the crime was already in progress, not unlikely for an older man such as GSK get these victims to tie themselves up and continue with assault. As he has in previous occasions.

-Keddie COD, stab wounds and beaten to death. A bent knife and hammer were found. GSK has been known to try and shoplift a hammer, and to use knives in his crimes.

-I believe police sketches for Keddie showed a man and a woman, the man having quite a fat face and a moustache and glasses.
GSK similar sketch, no glasses, however sketch was produced about three years prior to Keddie.

The one thing that seems to be missing from Keddie is any evidence of rape, as I couldn’t find anything in the police reports.
However the taking of 12 year old Tina, plus the fact her only identifiable remains were bones makes it hard for us to know wether she suffered sexual assault or not.

I may be way off my game here, but these things keep popping out to me and I thought they were worth a mention.

Furthermore shoe prints found in one of GSK crime scene is similar to shoe print found in Keddie murder scene as well as mentions of both assailants being left handed.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• E84AA475-2492-4B93-960B-689A17DC59C2.jpeg
    E84AA475-2492-4B93-960B-689A17DC59C2.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 360
  • CFBD2291-455A-474B-A45B-397B912C854E.jpeg
    CFBD2291-455A-474B-A45B-397B912C854E.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 358
:bump:

Stop with the speculation about the wife.

There is absolutely nothing to substantiate that she had any knowledge of JD's activities or that there is some deal in the works.

Due to RL, I am behind on the threads. I did just watch the hour-long or more Presser when it first broke. I really appreciated that they talked about how so many people were exonerated through this (use of DNA , for instance, the Innocence Project) happening. As to DNA evidence. (Harrington and others were focused on such...prove/disprove through DNA. I'm glad they had a chance at a bully pulpit ( I just said that word and now I'm going to have to Google it to see if I spelled it correctly and used it correctly....)....whoa, I did lol

From google...

"bul·ly pul·pit
nounNORTH AMERICAN
a public office or position of authority that provides its occupant with an outstanding opportunity to speak out on any issue."

I am very new to this case. Everybody is talking about evidence from years and years ago, including what he said as far as Bonnie, Is there a site that has all of this condensed WITH crime scene photos Etc. like today we have a media thread at WS?

That would be good because if there is a match and a digit missing on one hand they could clear all those cases (although not prosecute them). He would have been fingerprinted for the shoplifting even if his prints were not retained as an ex LEO.

That reminds me of a quote from somewhere, " absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

That reminds me of a quote from somewhere, " absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

:laughing:

Very good -that's right. But the remaining 9 digits would match.

Re the media thread - we havent got one I don't think but we are getting a lot of data from an existing website. I'll edit this post and add the link when I find it from my post history.

Eta Gussified just beat me to it and it is in the post below.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...die-Cabin-Murders-Plumas-11-April-1981/page17

TY Mattuxo. Here's the link to the Keddie thread.

Quite new at this so be patient with me but I seem to have found several links between both cases that made me feel as if I should point them out.

-Keddie is more or less a couple of hours from Auburn, a set of remains found within the GSK hunting ground (Near Butte City) was later recovered and linked to Keddie Murders as of 12 yo Tina Sharp.

-Keddie murders happened in April 1981, before the GSK JULY 1981 murders.

-Keddie was a home invasion, victims were tied on feet and hands, it has always been discussed that the son and his gf who were murdered in Keddie walked in as the crime was already in progress, not unlikely for an older man such as GSK get these victims to tie themselves up and continue with assault. As he has in previous occasions.

-Keddie COD, stab wounds and beaten to death. A bent knife and hammer were found. GSK has been known to try and shoplift a hammer, and to use knives in his crimes.

-I believe police sketches for Keddie showed a man and a woman, the man having quite a fat face and a moustache and glasses.
GSK similar sketch, no glasses, however sketch was produced about three years prior to Keddie.

The one thing that seems to be missing from Keddie is any evidence of rape, as I couldn’t find anything in the police reports.
However the taking of 12 year old Tina, plus the fact her only identifiable remains were bones makes it hard for us to know wether she suffered sexual assault or not.

I may be way off my game here, but these things keep popping out to me and I thought they were worth a mention.

Furthermore shoe prints found in one of GSK crime scene is similar to shoe print found in Keddie murder scene as well as mentions of both assailants being left handed.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Does anyone agree that JJD face/appearance really changed over the years? I look at available photos and almost have a hard time agreeing it's the same man. Clearly photography has had its upgrades since the 50s and lighting/shadowing changes appearances dramatically, but I can't help but think the shape of his face is bizarrely different, especially in the photo of him as a cop.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 2.32.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 2.32.28 PM.png
    268 KB · Views: 519
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 2.32.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 2.32.43 PM.png
    281.1 KB · Views: 518
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 2.35.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 2.35.15 PM.png
    788.4 KB · Views: 532
:laughing:

Very good -that's right. But the remaining 9 digits would match.

Re the media thread - we havent got one I don't think but we are getting a lot of data from an existing website. I'll edit this post and add the link when I find it from my post history.

Eta Gussified just beat me to it and it is in the post below.

<modsnip>

Shout out to the moderators. There is so much going on in the biggest case in such a long time. Can we get a media thread created?

( I'm not sure whether the right way is to post it on a thread to ask a moderator or do I post the request and everybody alerts?)

I’m not sure which EAR sketch was being circulated at the time of the shoplifting incident, but the one that looks most like JJD, to me, is the one from the Visalia Ransacker case. The VR case had not been linked to EAR at the time. And chances are pretty good that the Auburn police didn’t even know about the VR cases, since they were not local.

MOO

Yep. AFAIK, there's no DNA link between The Ransacker and ESR . Just a gun stolen by The Ransacker, used to kill Mr. Smelling. Because of the attempted kidnapping of his daughter and the same MO, LE is pretty confident the are the same person .

They can try to fight the DNA, but that's how they got the grim sleeper. And also, Google how they got familial DNA to arrest BTK. if they were able to convict BTK without throwing out those means of matching the two then this one has no legs to stand on. They can try but I think from a judges stand point, do you really want to be the one that lets the worst serial killer in CA history go on a method that's been successfully used before? No.

Nobody wants to see this guy get off if he's the killer & rapist.......& I don't think the judge wants to be the judge that doesn't allow the DNA to be presented because it was attached thru GED match in a way that hasn't been done before by police, or at least it wasn't told to the public of this procedure.

2 big cases that had a ton of supposed evidence against the suspects & the suspects were found not guilty.......OJ Simpson & Casey Anthony

Anything can happen when you have great attorneys working for you.

Thing is, this guy has been wanted by the cops for over 40 years & he was a cop himself, committing not one set of crimes like supposed Simpson or Casey Anthony, but hundreds of crimes, including rapes & multiple murders......so no, I don't think he will get off on any technicality.

Yep. AFAIK, there's no DNA link between The Ransacker and ESR . Just a gun stolen by The Ransacker, used to kill Mr. Smelling. Because of the attempted kidnapping of his daughter and the same MO, LE is pretty confident the are the same person .

There may be evidence but they're not telling the public.......I think there's evidence the public has never seen, & never will unless there's a trial.

I’m not sure which EAR sketch was being circulated at the time of the shoplifting incident, but the one that looks most like JJD, to me, is the one from the Visalia Ransacker case. The VR case had not been linked to EAR at the time. And chances are pretty good that the Auburn police didn’t even know about the VR cases, since they were not local.

MOO

Starting to make sense now, and he knew countries rarely communicated. Not like they do now at least.

Does anyone agree that JJD face/appearance really changed over the years? I look at available photos and almost have a hard time agreeing it's the same man. Clearly photography has had its upgrades since the 50s and lighting/shadowing changes appearances dramatically, but I can't help but think the shape of his face is bizarrely different, especially in the photo of him as a cop.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The black and white navy photo totally throws me off each time I see it. Probably because it’s black and white but I would never guess they are the same person if shown these before the arrest last week.

The black and white navy photo totally throws me off each time I see it. Probably because it&#8217;s black and white but I would never guess they are the same person if shown these before the arrest last week.

When people look at sketches, they expect to see the exact same person in real life, & majority of the time that's not the case. His face was seen.by so many people while he was out prowling, peeping, etc.....& they still couldn't get this guy.

If detective McGowan was shown police pictures of their officers in several.counties, since he was relatively sure it was a cop with inside info or military soldier, I'm sure he would have pointed out Deangelo.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

He sure does look different over time. I would never have guessed the one with a mustache was him. There's one floating around when he was on the Navy ship that also looks like a different person.

When people look at sketches, they expect to see the exact same person in real life, & majority of the time that's not the case. His face was seen.by so many people while he was out prowling, peeping, etc.....& they still couldn't get this guy.

If detective McGowan was shown police pictures of their officers in several.counties, since he was relatively sure it was a cop with inside info or military soldier, I'm sure he would have pointed out Deangelo.

We're specifically talking about his photographs over time, not the sketches!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper