CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps. Older missionary couples, while they don't do door to door stuff will meet with "investigators," which is what they call a potential member. However, if that were the case the person being visited would likely have contacted the church to initiate meeting with missionaries so that seems unlikely here, too.

Interesting

I wasn't Mormon, but Baptist. Tuesday nights were called "witnessing" nights, and we would go door to door to "witness to our fellow man." We never called in advance.

I HATED going on these visits, but I was a young adolescent, and didn't have a lot of choice.

I'm not convinced that the "Mormons" were casing the joint of one victim, when his previous methods of casing potential victims had served him perfectly well. Why would he bring attention to himself in this manner, setting himself up to be seen/remembered?

For that matter, why would he have a "getaway driver" honking in front of the house? All that does is attract attention, to both the driver and whoever comes out of the house to get into the car. This would just be asking to be identified/caught.

Can we get a shout out for Detective Paul Holes!
Thank you Mr. Holes.
Thank you for your compassion to bring justice for the victims, your diligence and hard work.
You sir should be Times Man of the Year.
Much respect.

Paul Holes is a photogenic subject who helped to raise the profile of the case - particularly with female audiences. His is undoubtedly happy to conduct television interviews and is now probably set up nicely to host a true crime TV show like America's Most Wanted for the next 10 - 15 years.

However, let's not overstate his importance to this case. He came along and repeatedly made public pronouncements that not only didn't help the case, but potentially hindered it a great deal.

He was convinced the EAR was not the VR - but actually he was.
He was convinced the EAR had a pilot's license an owned his own plane - but actually he didn't.
He was convinced the EAR worked in construction and that was how he selected victims - but actually it wasn't

Investigators like Ken Clark and Larry Poole did far, far more over the past decade for this case than Paul Holes.

Carol Daly, Larry Crompton, Detective William McGowen, Richard Shelby, Mary Hong, Sgt John Vaughn...

The list of people who did far more to solve this case than Paul Holes is quite extensive. The list of people in California involved in LE who look better in front of a camera conducting a television interview is quite short.

My own opinion.

Does anyone know if there's a person by the name of Ben involved in GSK's life?

Paul Holes is a photogenic subject who helped to raise the profile of the case - particularly with female audiences. His is undoubtedly happy to conduct television interviews and is now probably set up nicely to host a true crime TV show like America's Most Wanted for the next 10 - 15 years.

However, let's not overstate his importance to this case. He came along and repeatedly made public pronouncements that not only didn't help the case, but potentially hindered it a great deal.

He was convinced the EAR had a pilot's license an owned his own plane - but actually he didn't.
He was convinced the EAR worked in construction and that was how he selected victims - but actually it wasn't

Investigators like Ken Clark and Larry Poole did far, far more over the past decade for this case than Paul Holes.

Carol Daly, Larry Crompton, Detective William McGowen, Richard Shelby, Mary Hong, Sgt John Vaughn...

The list of people who did far more to solve this case than Paul Holes is quite extensive. The list of people in California involved in LE who look better in front of a camera conducting a television interview is quite short.

My own opinion.

The "working in construction" may well end up correct if he was moonlighting painting construction cranes for his stepfather and it may also help to explain his knowledge of those homes and the layout either side of the American River, as well as the later attacks and murders in Goleta and Irvine. Time will tell - it will all come out eventually as the people he knows put 2 and 2 together. His ex boss is the first of many such stories IMO.

The VR/EAR/ONS appears to be a cunning and evil man AFAICS.

My own opinion.

Seriously?
For now he is the face of the investigation. I’m giving credit when credit is due.
It goes without saying that many were involved. Me thinks thou protests too much.
“Supporting another’s success will never dampen yours.”

Am I reading this correctly that an investigator told him this recently? Wonder how they know that? Do you think JJD has talked?

"The investigator told me that Joseph had gone to my house one night to kill me, and said that he walked around the house looking in the windows but couldn't find my bedroom," Willick said. "I just never saw him as a person who could, you know, kill somebody."

MOO

(O/T, coming out of lurkdom just tO say I am reminded of one of our regular posters here whose sister was murdered. The killer had predug a gravesite for her as well.)

Also o/t, making a note to myself to outline somewhere where appropriate about my friend who said she woke up 20 years ago with a man by her bed, I need to post these details before I forget.. he had a lighter between her legs...he ran off, but had been in her place for a while she figured out, as he had had listened to the messages on her answering machine and made statements about them to her...he had also closed her blinds, etc. This was in Boulder CO 20 years ago. He also said something really strange to her, will have to ask her....

Also another friend told me about a guy that tried to abduct her when she was a kid, she said he asked her if he knew of any places to release this turtle he just found, and if she could show him...thanks for listening and sorry for o/t, I just realized I had forgotten to make notes about this.)

My own opinion.

Despite decades of hard work by many....the suspect list that had thousands of names was missing the one name that counted. The only lead that was relevant and led to fruition was the mining of the GEDmatch database. That is the person who gets the credit....and I'm not sure who it was. And I supposed tracing the lead to a suspect involved some sharp genealogical research...so there's credit to be had there as well.

Just read a headline that says the Zodiac's DNA has been sent to genealogy sites looking for a possible match, results will be back in a few weeks........its from Sac Bee online paper but I've used all my free look ups for the month, so I can't link the actual story, if some can copy the link & paste it on here, much appreciated.

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article210320689.html

(We had also pondered in Abby's and Libby's case if this had been done.)

(We had also pondered in Abby's and Libby's case if this had been done.)

A new Indiana state law has taken effect, which now requires LE to obtain a DNA sample for those who commit felonies. Before, LE was allowed to collect DNA from those actually convicted of a felony.

Praying this will help capture Abby and Libby's killer (and other unsolved crimes as well in Indiana).

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/indiana/articles/2018-01-01/indiana-law-for-felony-arrest-dna-collection-taking-effect

http://fox59.com/2018/04/21/indiana-collecting-more-dna-samples-after-new-law/

I’m just throwing this out there but maybe he had a significant number in his mind and when the number reached he would stop.

He was born in 1945 so maybe 19 murders and 45 rapes. [emoji848]

I’m just throwing this out there but maybe he had a significant number in his mind and when the number reached he would stop.

He was born in 1945 so maybe 19 murders and 45 rapes. [emoji848]
I can't imagine a serial killer would have that kind of long term goal and control? Shrug. Who knows, though, most of us can't think like that anyway. Thankfully.

Prosecutors can collect more DNA, fingerprints and photographs of East Area Rapist suspect Joseph James DeAngelo, Sacramento Superior Court Judge Michael Sweet ruled Thursday.

“I’m not going to stop the execution of the search warrant,” Sweet said, declaring that such evidence is routinely taken any time a suspect is booked.

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article210308534.html#storylink=cpy

This is the point I was trying to make yesterday. (I didn't know that the prosecution wanted to photograph anything other than his face.)

Prosecutors can collect more DNA, fingerprints and photographs of East Area Rapist suspect Joseph James DeAngelo, Sacramento Superior Court Judge Michael Sweet ruled Thursday.

“I’m not going to stop the execution of the search warrant,” Sweet said, declaring that such evidence is routinely taken any time a suspect is booked.

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article210308534.html#storylink=cpy

This is the point I was trying to make yesterday. (I didn't know that the prosecution wanted to photograph anything other than his face.)
Strategy maybe? They can photograph anything now correct?

The book never said if the couple was ever found or not. Hunting for a Psychopath.

Any idea which victim or what the date was? (For the reported visit from the Mormons.)

MOO

O/T and just trying to lighten things up regarding "photogenic" Holes. But, did anyone notice one of the comments below this video that said "Take me, crime daddy!" lol

:D
Loved it, they should put the"Take me, crime daddy!" slogan on a t shirt! lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1