CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A step backwards from what? I thought the Visalia Ransacker crimes were the first crimes of his that we know about.

They are but there's a spree from Cordova (? can't remember exact location only that it's near where his sister was in college at) from about 1970-71 that he was possibly responsible for.

They are but there's a spree from Cordova (? can't remember exact location only that it's near where his sister was in college at) from about 1970-71 that he was possibly responsible for.

What kind of spree? Burglaries? I can check the Sac Bee archives.

Edit: Having trouble finding where his sister went to college--there was no college near Rancho Cordova back then. Sac State? American River? Sierra?

?1961 Mills Middle School
Rancho Cordova Yearbook

Attachments

• JJD.jpg
    JJD.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 73

What kind of spree? Burglaries? I can check the Sac Bee archives.

Edit: Having trouble finding where his sister went to college--there was no college near Rancho Cordova back then. Sac State? American River? Sierra?

I believe the 12-26-75 podcast episode 16 on Soundcloud will answer both your questions. I'm not sure I am allowed to share the link, but you can Google that. I think it's been posted here before as a link but I'm not sure.

JJD’s wife finished her undergrad and received her Bachelor’s degree from Fresno State. (CSU Fresno). I wonder if either of the Maggiores attended Fresno State also.

And they were married in '75 IIRC when he was still an Exeter cop. Is there a link for the Fresno State attendance?

On the 5th GSK episode that was on HLN this afternoon, there was a list of things that they say would indentify the Visalia Ransacker and one of those things, besides the stolen handgun, the stolen loot or a confession, was Fingerprints. Did anyone who worked the burglaries ever mention that fingerprints were recovered from any of the homes? Not that I remember. I thought DeAngelo always wore gloves. But anyways... if Visalia L.E. has his fingerprint(s) in any of their crime reports and can match it to any of DeAngelo's nine fingerprints, that would be a strong indicator that he is good for all 100+ ransackings, in addition to the attempted kidnapping and murder. Not that the ransackings would matter in a court of law, but just to close the book on the ransackings and also complete the book on DeAngelo.

Not sure about the fingerprints, the wiki link in the media thread says no fingerprints but they have footprints, they can match and MO. There were 6 stolen guns - one used to kill Snelling and shoot at McGowan. He is left handed. Is JJD left handed? Is officer McGowan still alive?

Cordovo Cat Burglar sketch heavily resembles the Ripon Court Shooter sketch, where EAR shot a kid who was chasing him.

attachment.php

Attachments

• sarda-comp.jpg
    sarda-comp.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 254
And they were married in '75 IIRC when he was still an Exeter cop. Is there a link for the Fresno State attendance?

The State Bar of California has her undergraduate school as California State University Fresno. They only list the school one graduates from (not all those one attended) and the law school which in her case is Mc George School of Law in Sacramento.

http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/Member/Detail/105101

The State Bar of California has her undergraduate school as California State University Fresno. They only list the school one graduates from (not all those one attended) and the law school which in her case is Mc George School of Law in Sacramento.

So he received his bachelors in criminal justice at Cal State Sacramento and she finished at Cal State Fresno?

I didn't know.

So he received his bachelors in criminal justice at Cal State Sacramento and she finished at Cal State Fresno?

I didn't know.

Yes. She was much younger than him so while he was an officer in Exeter, she was commuting to Fresno to finish her undergrad. It’s less than an hour drive from Visalia to Fresno. I happened to move to Fresno in 1979. Went to a Catholic high school. Many of my classmates commuted daily from Visalia and surrounding farm areas to Fresno to attend private school.

One reason people like this manage to go so long unnoticed by family or friends is no one quite literally can conceive of such violence and cruelty and perversions. I was married to a very violent remorseless man,. He wasn't a serial killer but my children and I were in danger. My efforts to leave were thwarted time and again by my own family who found my stories of violence to be unbelievable. When I began compiling documents they refused to look at them, having already decided my stories were "too crazy" to be true.

TY for the link. I had a mistake in my post - they married in '73 - the same year he joined Exeter PD.

Here's my question.... this dude really loved taking on a persona, committing a bunch of crimes in that "series" (for lack of a better word) and then dropped it for a new one. Before he was determined to be the ransacker, the rapist, night stalker, etc did amy of the series overlap? Or when he was done with one, he was done and moved on to a new m.o. Did the timelines overlap at all?

The reason I ask that is this.... if he "put away" one persona before starting a new one, I will be very surprised if the one we know about is last. Before they knew it was the same person, they assumed he moved on or died. But, now we realize, he just morphed into a new crime spree.

I hope this makes sense. I notice weird details, but I am horrible with dates and locations and timelines. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

He was known by several other names than the ones that have been posted the most on this thread, eg he was also known as the "Diamond Knot Killer" and the "Creek Killer"

There were some slight overlaps in the time-frames of some of these crimes, and evidence is emerging that JJD may have been responsible for up to five separate crime series.

5. Original Night Stalker: 1979 - 1986
4. East Area Rapist: 1976 - July 1979: (though he almost certainly committed one rape on the 21st of October 1975)
3. Visalia Ransacker: - 1974 - December 1975
2. Eight months ago, the Sacramento Sheriff's department discovered a series of crimes quite similar to the Visalia Ransackings that took place in Rancho Cordova and the East Area of Sacramento during late 1972 and 1973.
1. The most recent edition of the podcast 12-26-75 seems to have found a whole range of crimes that were happening in Exeter (where JJD's sister was living) from 1970 - 1973, that seem very similar to the Rancho Cordova cat burglar AND the Visalia Ransacker.

There are probably many dozens (or hundreds) of burglaries, prowling and peeping incidents etc... dating back to the 1960's that investigators haven't found evidence of yet. There will probably also be some rapes and murders prior to 1975 that we aren't aware of yet.

The reason why I don't believe JJD committed any more rapes or murders after 1986 (when he was 41 years old after all) is that there are always tell-tale signs of his pathology in his crimes. He always stole coins, and stamps, conducted extensive prowling, made phone calls to the victims both before and after the attacks, was obsessed with piggy-banks, targeted the daughters and partners/wives of successful businessmen etc...

Even though he kept moving around California and kept TRYING to change his MO, he couldn't help but leave clues behind at every scene. And once he lost his physical prowess he almost certainly lost the will to try another attack where he had more chance of being caught than of being successful.

He switched from hot prowl burglaries, to masturbating in the bedrooms of girls in Visalia, through to rape and finally murder, but all the way along the spectrum you see the same compulsive behaviors over and over again.

I suspect he would have kept up creepy behaviors such as stalking women and making obscene phone-calls for as long as he possibly could - one victim believes he called her fives time in 2017. But once he felt he could no longer outrun a police officer giving chase I suspect he abandoned the rapes and murders following Janelle Cruz in 1986.

My own opinions.

I'm sot sure if many of the people reading this thread are aware that the majority of the Visalia Ransackings were sexually motivated. Many of the homes that were targeted had young females living in the homes, and it was the bedroom of these young women that got most 'attention' from the VR. Many of the girls attended Mt Whitney High School, or attended First Baptist Church. Some like Beth Snelling, did both.

Even if the houses where it didn't initially seem like a sexually motivated attack, dig a little further and you begin to see why that particular house may have been attacked.

The LA Times interviewed Pat Monno yesterday. His revolver was stolen in a ransacking and later used to murder Professor Claude Snelling.

One night after the burglary, the ransacker called Monno's home. His wife answered and let out a scream.

Monno picked up the receiver and demanded: "Who is this?"

"I'm going to tell you the same thing I told your wife," the ransacker said in a soft, slow voice. "I'm going to kill her, I'm going to kill you, and I'm going to kill your daughter."

A few weeks after the burglary, Claude Snelling, a journalism professor at the College of the Sequoias, awoke to a sound outside. He stepped into his backyard and confronted a masked man who was kidnapping his teenage daughter.

The suspect pulled out a handgun — Monno's stolen revolver — and shot Snelling to death and ran off without the girl. The killing terrified a town already unnerved by nearly 100 burglaries.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-ln-golden-state-killer-legacy-20180506-story.html

I didn't know.

And he received his associate of Arts degree at Sierra College, near where all the break-ins were. the 12-26-75 podcast episode 16 on soundcloud discusses that he avoided doing anything on the campus, and also how he rotated amongst the four separate police shift rotations areas.

And he received his associate of Arts degree at Sierra College, near where all the break-ins were. the 12-26-75 podcast episode 16 on soundcloud discusses that he avoided doing anything on the campus, and also how he rotated amongst the four separate police shift rotations areas.

So he was studying crime while practising and perfecting it at the same time.

So he was studying crime while practising and perfecting it at the same time.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but for clarification. He received his associate of Arts at Sierra College, and then in 1970 received his criminal justice degree at Cal State in Sacramento. In 1973 on May 18th he joined the Exeter Police Department. In-between that he did an internship at Rose ship.

Perhaps somebody else here can clarify the timeline better than I can. But I believe that he may have lived with his sister during the time he was down south In Exeter/visalia.

Gosh, I wish we had our own time line here because I'm starting to get confused also!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but for clarification. He received his associate of Arts at Sierra College, and then in 1970 received his criminal justice degree at Cal State in Sacramento. In 1973 on May 18th he joined the Exeter Police Department. In-between that he did an internship at Rose ship.

Perhaps somebody else here can clarify the timeline better than I can. But I believe that he may have lived with his sister during the time he was down south In Exeter/visalia.

Gosh, I wish we had our own time line here because I'm starting to get confused also!

According to one of his former coworkers at Exeter PD, JJP lived in Visalia not Exeter.

“DeAngelo lived in Visalia, Ward said.”

https://www.ourvalleyvoice.com/2018...ied-as-golden-state-killer-visalia-ransacker/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly