CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I pick up extreme Malignant Narcissist. I unfortunately dated one in my youth when he couldn't woo a female he'd resort to dosing and rape. He is glib, charming and polite and talks his way out of all his crimes.
This guy I would say is also a psychopath.

I was thinking that along with Borderline Narcissism. When I think of Malignant Narcissist, Eric Harris, Jerry Sandusky, Fred Phelps, and Osama bin Laden comes to mind. Malignant Narcissists are also psychopaths by some odd coincidence for the most part.

ER seemed to hold very little grudge for being thrown off a roof, getting his leg broken and then being beaten up. But he was VERY upset that (he thought) someone stole his Gucci shades and gold necklace in the process.

He seemed very upset of not getting into a rides at amusement parks. He sees it as a huge injustice.

Another thing I noticed in the manifesto - he had a remarkable memory. He could remember the order people went in and out of a room, and who said what, and exactly what present was received and what food eaten, even as a very young child. He was still listing foods in his twenties. I have seen that kind of memory before (someone who could list every license plate number they'd ever seen) in someone very severely affected by autism.

ETA- That person was NOT violent!! At all.

I was going to try and respectfully snip your post but you've put everything into words far more eloquently than I could ever have posted and I completely agree with every word you've written. I thought I may be on my own thinking he's possibly assaulted women but as he's put into words that he frequently takes long walks around his neighbourhood on his own watching couples and that he has various "stalking facebook accounts" it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I've just reached 18-22 and have to figure that there's about to be 70 pages of pure venom from hereon in.

Oh, just you wait!! He openly admits to stalking a lot of young women. Not just on social media.

Maybe I am jumping the gun on LE looking into unsolved sexual assault cases, but it wouldn't hurt.

Sleuthing madly now --this may have been posted earlier , but still running wild here-- but here is link in case it has not been posted!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/zwarburg/sets/72157644820334705/

We all have to stay on task in the first 48 hours as new stuff comes flooding in !

I am sorry going through them now there is one that is repulsive it looks like two dudes playing around choking each other not ok IMO - its on the far right in the scroll down .

Humm what do you all think of the long haired dude - looks like he is handcuffs casue this be the errounous intial stuff of two suspects ?

several more here that I have not seen:
http://www.edhat.com/site/tidbit.cfm?nid=134751

After reading the manifesto, my overwhelming feeling is that even if a blonde beauty had swept up ER, he'd immediately have found some other perceived injustice to obsess about - his lack of a multimillion dollar fortune, for example.

He was already showing signs of that, spending thousands of dollars on lottery tickets and repeatedly berating his mom for not marrying a rich boyfriend, in order to make his (ER's) life easier.

Sleuthing madly now --this may have been posted earlier , but still running wild here-- but here is link in case it has not been posted!

We all have to stay on task in the first 48 hours as new stuff comes flooding in !

I am sorry going through them now there is one that is repulsive it looks like two dudes playing around choking each other not ok IMO - its on the far right in the scroll down .

Humm what do you all think of the long haired dude - looks like he is handcuffs casue this be the errounous intial stuff of two suspects ?

ER was very bitter at having no friends. Even someone who'd stuck by him for years was driven away by his misery and anger. I don't believe he was capable of getting or even asking for help with his murder mission. I think those pictures just show some poor guy caught up in the general panic, myself.

Just adding my thanks here to the 7 pages of posts.
:tyou:

In the manifesto, ER mentions a few assaults on women. These were all throwing drinks over them and any men with them, then running away, with the exception of when he broke his leg. He tried to throw 'women' plural off a wooden roofdeck in a drunken rage, but instead was thrown off himself by the men with them.

He then hobbled off on his broken leg, but returned again in a rage (to the wrong house) and was beaten up by some men he insulted there. He lied to parents/police about what happened and police questioned the people concerned over the incident, but declined to bring charges when they heard the witnesses accounts.

I don't think ER would have committed sexual assaults though. I really think he would have said if he had, because he would have felt justified in that, as in all the other acts of harm he did, in my opinion.

Wasn't it amazing that HE was always the victim when he was actually the aggressor in every single situation? Classic deflection! He talks a lot about being treated inferior when all along he treated everyone else inferior. They were not good enough for him and even IF he thought they COULD be good enough for him (tall hot blonde), it was HER job to drop to her knees and kiss the ground he walked on.

I look at all the names he mentioned in his manifesto and I can't help but feel horrible for anyone who has ever crossed his path (I think maybe they should have blacked out all those names. They are innocent victims of his too). I also was feeling so helpless reading about his two recent roommates (two foreign exchange students) and I just KNOW they were two of the three bodies they found in that apartment (he talked about killing them only because they never benefited him in any way).

I still would have LE look into unsolved sexual assaults. Just in case.

I cannot state strongly enough that I am not excusing what he did but IMO Asperger's is an important component in this event. I'm not referring to all Aspies, just to this particular one. those in his age group experience really tough times and experiences when they are socially awkward. it's the time in life when you figure out who you are, who others think you are, and where you're going. it's also the time in life when you see your peers mingling, dating and engaging in sex. IMO he overcompensated for his severe insecurities about not being able to interact with others by adopting such a huge cloak of confidence that it appeared narcissistic. it's also being reported that there were multiple diasnoses. too often it ends tragically (albeit on a less serious level) when you lack the inner resources to withstand not being accepted by your peers, and also lack the ability to build inner resources. his family acted responsibly when they recognized that he seriously, I mean seriousely, needed help. he was being treated by a fleet of mental health professionals and I fault them more than the parents. the mental health system had more standing and power than the family in terms of having him declared a danger to others. he clearly is guilty of the crimes. there won't be more victims at his hands, the state is spared the expense of protecting and possibly trying and incarcerating him. there won't be a lengthy, costly appeals process. very small consolations indeed to those victimized by him

my sister who is a mild-to-moderate developmentally disabled adult takes risperidone which is an anti-psychotic. it helps with her impatience, frustration, poor impulse control, and underlying anger. the anger comes from having a foot in both worlds - disabled enough to not be capable of living on her own and capable enough to want the life that everyone around her has. (which IMO sounds like what the shooter here experienced.) she also has Disinhibited Social Engagement Disorder (DSED, often misdiagnosed as ADHD) which is a corollary of Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD, often misdiagnosed as autism). both are disorders arising from very early childhood neglect. severely neglected infants and toddlers who are rarely picked up/cuddled/comforted, who are left to cry and whose basic needs are unmet develop disorders at one extreme or the other: RAD/total withdrawal from others or DSED/irresistible attraction to anyone/everyone: zero comprehension of stranger danger. will you love me? how about you? or you, Charlie Manson? (not exaggerating)

re the video games: perhaps the only world where he wasn't a loser

......At 21, he called his parents ranting about his loneliness and virginity. They insisted he see a psychiatrist. The next month, he bought his first gun.

.......... was 20, after two women at a bus stop didn’t smile back at him when he drove by, he turned his car around and splashed them with his Starbucks latte, taking pleasure in it staining their jeans, driving away quickly before they could get his license plate. And months later, when he spotted a happy group of “popular college kids” — “typical fraternity jocks, tall and muscular” and “beautiful blonde girls” — playing kickball in a park, he went to a K-mart and bought a Supersoaker, which he filled with orange juice and sprayed them, driving away when they chased him, an ominous foreshadowing of the devastation he would wreak later with a real gun.

.........writes that he discovered PUAHate.com he anti-pick-up-artist site — in the Spring of 2013 and that many people there “shared [his] hatred of women [but] would be too cowardly to act on it” and that the site “confirmed his theories about how wicked and degenerate women really are.

........... was seeing a psychiatrist as well as a series of “counselors,” who were supposed to essentially act as friends and help him socialize, but Rodger’s deranged jealousy was such that it only made him more distraught when women were attracted to his counselor and though he bonded with a female counselor, she moved away, and he didn’t want another because it felt like prostitution to hire a woman to spend time with him. The psychiatrist prescribed Risperidone, (the stuff is really rough on folks - puts them in a coma, they usually refuse to take it because of the horrible side effects they experiance-the drug has a very high non compliance rate) but Rodger refused to take it after Googling it.

......at 21 in the fall of 2013, he got drunk and went to a party, but he wound up getting violent and trying to push people off a ledge. He wound up getting pushed instead, and beaten, and broke his leg.

..........plans to lure people to his house and torture them in the style of Theon Greyjoy,

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmir...print-of-santa-barbara-shooter-elliot-rodger/

It says here that ER mailed the manifesto to his parents Friday. They called 911 straightaway and then jumped in a car to go find him. But halfway there, they heard about the shootings.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/california-shooting-elliot-rodgers-parents-3606772

Don't know if this was added after you posted but just for clarification article states, BBM:
"The 22-year-old killer had emailed his chilling manifesto to parents Peter and Lichin Rodger's before he launched his attack in Santa Barbara"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/california-shooting-elliot-rodgers-parents-3606772

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhei...ghters-among-victims-of-latest-mass-shooting/

Until America grasps what mental illness is, and funds realistic care - it will continue to go on and on and on - that simple . America is generally critical of people who are suffering. Until the society can grasp that it an illness, no different than cancer, not a character flaw, a choice the need for funding with never be acknowledged.

list of the 104 mass shootings since Jan of this year

http://www.***********/r/GunsAreCool/wiki/2014massshootings

Interesting photos...

Are the pics on the Flickr account above all from Friday night (May 23rd)?

Interesting that there seems to be some people apprehended by LE... Could they have been unruly partiers? ... Or ???

I looks like he was being arrested. The long haired guy too. The first guy is at the back of the patrol car. I don't see anyone joking around.

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

......At 21, he called his parents ranting about his loneliness and virginity. They insisted he see a psychiatrist. The next month, he bought his first gun.

.......... was 20, after two women at a bus stop didn’t smile back at him when he drove by, he turned his car around and splashed them with his Starbucks latte, taking pleasure in it staining their jeans, driving away quickly before they could get his license plate. And months later, when he spotted a happy group of “popular college kids” — “typical fraternity jocks, tall and muscular” and “beautiful blonde girls” — playing kickball in a park, he went to a K-mart and bought a Supersoaker, which he filled with orange juice and sprayed them, driving away when they chased him, an ominous foreshadowing of the devastation he would wreak later with a real gun.

.........writes that he discovered PUAHate.com he anti-pick-up-artist site — in the Spring of 2013 and that many people there “shared [his] hatred of women [but] would be too cowardly to act on it” and that the site “confirmed his theories about how wicked and degenerate women really are.

........... was seeing a psychiatrist as well as a series of “counselors,” who were supposed to essentially act as friends and help him socialize, but Rodger’s deranged jealousy was such that it only made him more distraught when women were attracted to his counselor and though he bonded with a female counselor, she moved away, and he didn’t want another because it felt like prostitution to hire a woman to spend time with him. The psychiatrist prescribed Risperidone, (the stuff is really rough on folks - puts them in a coma, they usually refuse to take it because of the horrible side effects they experiance-the drug has a very high non compliance rate) but Rodger refused to take it after Googling it.

......at 21 in the fall of 2013, he got drunk and went to a party, but he wound up getting violent and trying to push people off a ledge. He wound up getting pushed instead, and beaten, and broke his leg.

..........plans to lure people to his house and torture them in the style of Theon Greyjoy,

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmir...print-of-santa-barbara-shooter-elliot-rodger/

BBM - There doesn't seem to be many press reports on the room mates so far and I'm curious as to the reason why so think it's possible he may have attempted some sort of mutilation before giving up and going out with the gun.

from that picture

"Isla Vista Shooting

Please note this idiot is not related to the shooting. He tried to duck the police tape and then decided to pick a fight with the Police Officers."

BBM - There doesn't seem to be many press reports on the room mates so far and I'm curious as to the reason why so think it's possible he may have attempted some sort of mutilation before giving up and going out with the gun.

If they are not from the US, it may be difficulty in finding the parents to tell them.

Perhaps the parents are very connected people and there may be international issues.

That was his intention in his manifesto. I have been very concerned/ curious about that too.

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member