DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

This is the top post on the page:

Our baby Ember
5 hours ago
(It's a post by #BabyEmber's grandmother/JG's mother) :

https://facebook.com/groups/1497318963893705?view=permalink&id=1498688023756799

The thread appears to include commentary from family members & there are other comments which are interesting to say the least. Granted this is in the realm of :rumor: - therefore I'm not even going to try to paraphrase. The link is worth checking out IMO.

:thinking:

:candle:
WHEREISBABYEMBER????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also curious about the inconsistencies. The thing is, though, when you retell something (especially something traumatic) the details DO change, and the wording changes. That's just human nature to sometimes describe things a little differently.

If the details were always exactly the same with the same verbiage describing them, you can assume it's a rehearsed lie. When people tell the truth, if you dig for details, they will be described slightly differently because you're describing a memory, and not a rehearsed flat piece of fiction.

BUT. If the details are completely inconsistent (I went to the store, I didn't go to the store, I went to a different store, we didn't leave that evening at all, that's different.)

I don't think they are talking about little details in the retelling somehow. Not if they are talking about more charges...jmo

:(
Such a heartbreaking story.
I doubt Ember was abducted out of her crib.
Especially since her and her father live in a trailer....those aren't exactly soundproof.
But I don't want to believe that her father did anything to her, either. But it seems to look that way.

Praying that Ember is found!

I don't know why people keep saying that hard drug users love sweets. That isn't true. I've deal with so much drug crap if anyone is gonna be eating well on drugs its gonna be because they smoked a fatty. People on a hard drugs do not crave sugary stuff. I'm talking with a few ex meth heads right now and they all laugh at the thought of even eating well on hard drugs. It just isn't true.

I have personal experience with hard drug users and have seen it first hand. I guess my experience is different than yours. In any event, the craving of sweets is science:

One of the doors that this new research opened to a better understanding of how this drug works was the fact that it cuts down sugar molecules in a fast and disorganized way. This process of sugar being used in body is a normal process of cells using sugar when in need of Oxygen. But when done in the normal fashion, there is no devastating effect on the cells as there is when Meth causes this sugar consumption. Meth seems to trick the body, by changing some gene structure that makes the body think it constantly needs Oxygen, therefore should rub the sugar molecules from the cell. As this process of sugar loss by cell continues, the cells develop a never ending need for sugar, just like the cancer cells make cells to go through. This is precisely the reason that Meth addicts develop a sweet tooth and always have the craving for that piece of sweets.
http://covecenterforrecovery.blogspot.com/2011/05/why-meth-addicts-crave-sugar.html

Even if you don’t smoke meth and choose another method of ingestion, you can still have significant oral health problems because crystal meth users have notoriously poor diets. When they do eat, they crave sweets. Hygiene among meth users is also usually poor, which again can lead to significant tooth decay and loss.
http://luxury.rehabs.com/crystal-meth-addiction/dangers/

[A message board with various users and loved ones of meth users discussing the craving of sweets]: http://www.kci.org/meth_info/msg_board_posts/August_2005/sweets_sugar.htm

I'm not trying to defend the dad or anything, but sheesh - someone buys a soda and candy at a convenience store and now they're a meth head, pot head, or whatever? Maybe the man has a sweet tooth. That doesn't mean he's on drugs. Doesn't mean he isn't, either, but IMO until we know more info it doesn't help much with finding Ember either way.

Well that's very true. Buying soda means nothing. Now if people came forward to say this father is a known drug user, that would be different story.

Some meth addicts crave candy and some don't. It's very rare that you can hold an entire group of people to one opinion and be correct. When I knew a lot of drug users many of them loved ring pops or push pops. Others preferred pacifiers. What difference does it really make?
What does everyone make of the fund raising debate going on on the fb page??

Can you tell us about the debate?

Asked if his agency has ruled out abduction, sheriff's Lt. Dave Kent said it has not, and part of the difficulty in the case is the lack of evidence and what Graham "is not telling" investigators.

"We're not ruling that out (abduction), and I am waiting whether that will be ruled out," Kent said.

Sheriff's officials have said they considered him a person of interest because of "inconsistent statements" about what happened the night Ember went missing. He had the child, and there was no one else with him when he reporter her missing, Kent said.

http://www.redding.com/news/local-news/family-continues-search-for-missing-baby_67811858

What does the family and the mother say about the father's refusal to cooperate?

I am not a mom (yet[emoji5]️) but I just can't imagine how I would be able to hold it together or maintain any sort of composure like this for repeated video interviews.

I AM a mom, in the midst of summer vacation when my kids are driving me batty ;) and I just said the EXACT same thing to my husband. I realize we all cope differently, but I promise y'all I'd be a blubbering out of control mess OR highly medicated.

I agree. I hate to judge because I haven't been in her shoes but...
Leaona's mom was over the top while Ember's mom seems totally calm and collected. I think if it was me I would be in hysterics until I exhausted myself and then comatose after. I don't think I could do repeated interviews.
I honestly think that maybe something happened and the dad panicked - they obviously had just worked through some stuff he probably saw the relationship being over all over again and just panicked.
I do have to wonder what the condition of her moms home was, though, I can't imagine moving a baby into that trailer/property if it wasn't absolutely my only option. I've been in some very nice trailers but from the original video his looks to be almost in disrepair.

A new video has been put out, comments from the mother directly. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a5kY-1OVABI&feature=youtu.be

Courtesy of the Redding Record Searchlight

I am a mom of 5, I lost one for a few hours eleven years ago when she was five. She got on a bus with a friend after school and was going home to play with her. I work at the same school and she still managed to do this. My point is even as a mom of 5 I had a breakdown in the front hallway of the school. I cried and screamed for about 2 hours. People who know me were shocked as I don't usually show any emotions in public.

I don't think anyone ever can predict how they will react when something like this happens. But we need to keep in mind she's only 19 and she may believe that everything will be ok.

Another infant goes missing in the middle of the night ? Lovely.

No way can they claim this little kid unlatched the screen door and walked outside.

This was an inside job.....by whoever was babysitting. The baby cried too much or too loud, pissed somebody off.

Endo story.

SHASTA COUNTY, California - Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko on Monday did not rule it out but called the abduction of 6-month-old Ember Graham improbable.

The sheriff is basing that on inconsistent statements by the baby’s father, Matthew Ryan Graham of Happy Valley, and the layout of the small trailer on Noosha Lane from where he reported her missing in the early hours last Thursday.

Bosenko spoke in general terms about the difficulty someone may have moving around in the small confines of a trailer without being detected.
The Graham family has said video footage obtained by the sheriff’s office shows Matthew Graham’s truck in the area Wednesday evening but contend that’s because Ember was fussy and the 24-year-old dad was driving around to calm her down.

Bosenko could not confirm whether his agency had surveillance video of the truck in the area.

http://www.redding.com/news/local-n...e-sheriff-calls-abduction-improbable_16402678

More at the link.

There are numerous new aerial photos of the area posted on the Our Baby Ember FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1497318963893705/. These are from the person with initials HLC who commented earlier about the Placer bridge. They're just now posted so there will probably be more to come. It'll be interesting to see the comments on them and if anything stands out to anyone. It gives a good idea of the terrain too.

This poor baby. Breaks my heart to think of them looking for her out there.

I am sorry but mom is way too calm and collected in this video. Whats up?

In fairness, here's what the reporter had to say after the mom's interview in response to another tweeter:

[redacted] ‏@_[redacted]_ 7h7 hours ago
[redacted] retweeted Jenny Espino
Gotta hand it to her... she's keeping it together. I couldn't. Ever.

Jenny Espino ‏@jennyespino_RS 6h6 hours ago
.@_[redacted]_ Jamie Graham has those moments. Right after, interview she broke down, said she has hard time looking at babies right now.

I don't know why people keep saying that hard drug users love sweets. That isn't true. I've deal with so much drug crap if anyone is gonna be eating well on drugs its gonna be because they smoked a fatty. People on a hard drugs do not crave sugary stuff. I'm talking with a few ex meth heads right now and they all laugh at the thought of even eating well on hard drugs. It just isn't true.

I know recovering alcoholics crave sugar. Something about alcohol metabolizing into sugar? I'm not sure exactly what it is, but if MG is a dual addict that could explain a craving for sweets.

I also lost my daughter when she was 3. She took off through the woods to go see the neighbors horses. There is no way I would ever be able to even function if my child was missing. Something is hinky here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't blessed with any children and I wondered if parents really do go into the baby's room at 5am (seems to always be 5ish in these cases) to check on the baby? I could see checking in if its later than the usual time the baby wakes up but 5? Just find that odd. tia

I am also curious about the inconsistencies. The thing is, though, when you retell something (especially something traumatic) the details DO change, and the wording changes. That's just human nature to sometimes describe things a little differently.

If the details were always exactly the same with the same verbiage describing them, you can assume it's a rehearsed lie. When people tell the truth, if you dig for details, they will be described slightly differently because you're describing a memory, and not a rehearsed flat piece of fiction.

BUT. If the details are completely inconsistent (I went to the store, I didn't go to the store, I went to a different store, we didn't leave that evening at all, that's different.)

I agree. It could be something or nothing.

SHASTA COUNTY, California - Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko on Monday did not rule it out but called the abduction of 6-month-old Ember Graham improbable.

The sheriff is basing that on inconsistent statements by the baby’s father, Matthew Ryan Graham of Happy Valley, and the layout of the small trailer on Noosha Lane from where he reported her missing in the early hours last Thursday.

Bosenko spoke in general terms about the difficulty someone may have moving around in the small confines of a trailer without being detected.
The Graham family has said video footage obtained by the sheriff’s office shows Matthew Graham’s truck in the area Wednesday evening but contend that’s because Ember was fussy and the 24-year-old dad was driving around to calm her down.

Bosenko could not confirm whether his agency had surveillance video of the truck in the area.

http://www.redding.com/news/local-n...e-sheriff-calls-abduction-improbable_16402678

More at the link.

I hope he didn't snap when he could not console the fussy infant.

I wasn't blessed with any children and I wondered if parents really do go into the baby's room at 5am (seems to always be 5ish in these cases) to check on the baby? I could see checking in if its later than the usual time the baby wakes up but 5? Just find that odd. tia

In my experience you only get up and check on the baby at 5am if they are waking and you hear them....Otherwise a baby this age, parents are savoring every minute of sleep!!!

NO, they don't. I'm surprised you know this having no children. I had three kids. And NO, parents don't check on 7 month old babies at 5 a.m. I know others disagreed with me earlier in this thread, but honestly, as a mother of 3 NO, no parents check on a 7 month old at 5 a.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member