CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mo., Happy Valley, 2 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if MG was seen on CCTV anywhere? Either at the store, or near by the water tower they have been searching?

I'm not trying to defend the dad or anything, but sheesh - someone buys a soda and candy at a convenience store and now they're a meth head, pot head, or whatever? Maybe the man has a sweet tooth. That doesn't mean he's on drugs. Doesn't mean he isn't, either, but IMO until we know more info it doesn't help much with finding Ember either way.
Thank you so much. Thats kind of my point. I think the meth comments erk me the most. Seriously I am always buying treats when I stop for gas. I don't know why this has to be so sinister.

Yes, they absolutely do!! Early on there were stories saying that the police were keeping the volunteer searchers out of the 'main' search area, between Cloverdale and Highway 273 on Clear Creek Road, so I kind of figured that was their way of reigning it in, but I can't tell if that's still happening. It seems very chaotic. I think everyone (well, most everyone) on that Our Baby Ember page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1497318963893705/) means well and wants to help, but it's getting out of control. People found things, didn't find things, are looking for different things, etc. There have even been reports a couple of times that she's been found - I think those have been deleted now. It's the same with requests for donations (or not), searchers and search areas, etc. I feel for the family because I'm sure they are frantic, but I hope LE can assign someone to help with the social media end of things and calm things down a little.

LE doesn't assign people to help with social media that I'm aware of but they could easily ask people to stop searching unless they're with a certified rescue organization

and whoever is running the page(s) can moderate better

I don't know why people keep saying that hard drug users love sweets. That isn't true. I've deal with so much drug crap if anyone is gonna be eating well on drugs its gonna be because they smoked a fatty. People on a hard drugs do not crave sugary stuff. I'm talking with a few ex meth heads right now and they all laugh at the thought of even eating well on hard drugs. It just isn't true.

no one said anything about 'eating well' - in fact I specifically said they don't eat 'real' food

but your experience is different from ours so we'll have to agree to disagree 'cause we're taking this thread off-topic

no one said anything about 'eating well' - in fact I specifically said they don't eat 'real' food

but your experience is different from ours so we'll have to agree to disagree 'cause we're taking this thread off-topic
They don't crave sweets that's my point. Thats it. I just think its wrong to spred misinformation or assume someone is on drugs because they are buying candy and soda.

I think we're starting to hit that point of frustration; it's been five days and Ember still hasn't been found. Her grandmother said that as of yesterday Ember's missed seven doses of her anti-seizure medication.

Most of what we're hearing is coming from Ember's family. According to them LE did not impound MG's truck and LE has CCTV footage of MG's truck in the area near Clear Creek Road. The only mention of drugs has been marijuana use - MG was using it without a valid prescription, which is why he was busted for probation violation.

Since we see so many cases here that end badly - and many involve meth use - it's not surprising that we're speculating about all kinds of things. History tends to repeat itself in missing children cases. :(

It's good though to get an occasional kick in the pants as a reminder that it's speculation and I personally appreciate posters with knowledge and/or experience who speak up.

And also I didn't mean "eating well" what I mean was eating when on drugs. Like eating while on drugs. I should of worded it better but spell check doesn't always see eye to eye on that.

Some meth addicts crave candy and some don't. It's very rare that you can hold an entire group of people to one opinion and be correct. When I knew a lot of drug users many of them loved ring pops or push pops. Others preferred pacifiers. What difference does it really make?
What does everyone make of the fund raising debate going on on the fb page??

Asked if his agency has ruled out abduction, sheriff's Lt. Dave Kent said it has not, and part of the difficulty in the case is the lack of evidence and what Graham "is not telling" investigators.

"We're not ruling that out (abduction), and I am waiting whether that will be ruled out," Kent said.

Sheriff's officials have said they considered him a person of interest because of "inconsistent statements" about what happened the night Ember went missing. He had the child, and there was no one else with him when he reporter her missing, Kent said.

http://www.redding.com/news/local-news/family-continues-search-for-missing-baby_67811858

Some meth addicts crave candy and some don't. It's very rare that you can hold an entire group of people to one opinion and be correct. When I knew a lot of drug users many of them loved ring pops or push pops. Others preferred pacifiers. What difference does it really make?
What does everyone make of the fund raising debate going on on the fb page??

What's the debate about?

ETA: Never mind - found it. Good for grandma! I personally have an intense dislike for accounts for many reasons.

ETA2: Interesting dynamics between the two families. I'll say no more.

Yes, I agree. I can only imagine people are donating water, food, etc by the truck load already. The two tragedies my town experienced certainly had no need for additional fund raising efforts, there were 5x the amount of donations locally than what was needed.
It just makes me crazy that this situation is almost like script it seems. It's so similar to little leaona's (and Ayla, and and and...)story it's like they're all working off the same script. Just heart breaking.

Why should there be ANY inconsistency in the statements of a father about his missing child? If you are innocent of wrong-doing concerning the baby, you simply recite the same truth over and over until you are blue in the face. If you were doing some other stupid illegal thing at the time-it doesn't matter. Just tell LE the truth and take your lumps. Tell the *advertiser censored***** truth.

Wasn't he arrested for violating his probation......because of drugs or a drug he hadn't informed his probation officer about?

The talk about meth was started whenever someone posted that the trailer home shown in news clips looked like a "meth house"....supposedly where Ember was when last seen.

Jenny Espino ‏@jennyespino_RS 6m6 minutes ago
Sheriff Tom Bosenko: Abduction "improbable" but has not been ruled out. #BabyEmber

Jenny Espino ‏@jennyespino_RS 3m3 minutes ago
Bosenko: Our investigation continues but at some point in near future, we will submit charge recommendation 2 DA's office on #BabyEmber case

Jenny Espino ‏@jennyespino_RS 2m2 minutes ago
Bosenko declining to say type of charges his office may recommend. Case likely to be filed "sometime soon."

https://twitter.com/jennyespino_RS/with_replies

Wasn't he arrested for violating his probation......because of drugs or a drug he hadn't informed his probation officer about?

The talk about meth was started whenever someone posted that the trailer home shown in news clips looked like a "meth house"....supposedly where Ember was when last seen.

Yes, while that may be the first place "meth" may have been mentioned I just want to reiterate that it is a huge problem in the area. Coupled with his mugshot, the property, previous arrests for drugs, vehicle theft, burglary (of course we don't know which drugs), I don't think it is out of the question to speculate that perhaps meth or another drug more "serious" than weed might play some sort of role in this story.

Key word: speculate.

Also, marijuana in the area is about as readily available and plentiful as water.

Why should there be ANY inconsistency in the statements of a father about his missing child? If you are innocent of wrong-doing concerning the baby, you simply recite the same truth over and over until you are blue in the face. If you were doing some other stupid illegal thing at the time-it doesn't matter. Just tell LE the truth and take your lumps. Tell the *advertiser censored***** truth.

I am also curious about the inconsistencies. The thing is, though, when you retell something (especially something traumatic) the details DO change, and the wording changes. That's just human nature to sometimes describe things a little differently.

If the details were always exactly the same with the same verbiage describing them, you can assume it's a rehearsed lie. When people tell the truth, if you dig for details, they will be described slightly differently because you're describing a memory, and not a rehearsed flat piece of fiction.

BUT. If the details are completely inconsistent (I went to the store, I didn't go to the store, I went to a different store, we didn't leave that evening at all, that's different.)

What's the debate about?

ETA: Never mind - found it. Good for grandma! I personally have an intense dislike for accounts for many reasons.

ETA2: Interesting dynamics between the two families. I'll say no more.

Can someone link me to the Facebook page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, while that may be the first place "meth" may have been mentioned I just want to reiterate that it is a huge problem in the area. Coupled with his mugshot, the property, previous arrests for drugs, vehicle theft, burglary (of course we don't know which drugs), I don't think it is out of the question to speculate that perhaps meth or another drug more "serious" than weed might play some sort of role in this story.

Key word: speculate.

Also, marijuana in the area is about as readily available and plentiful as water.

Thank you....I was just answering a question. The topic of meth or no meth, munchies vs sweets is all very interesting to some, but at this point, I don't see how it relates to this case. And, what some see in the mugshot of dad, some see in the media shots of mom. All unfounded at this point.

"Our investigation continues, but at some point in the near future, we will submit a case to the DA's (Shasta County District Attorney's Office) in regards to this case," Bosenko said.

He declined to say the type of charges his office may recommend, adding that those actions may come within a week.

"Because this is an active and ongoing investigation, we don't want to put too much out there on the stuff that we have," Bosenko said.

http://www.redding.com/news/local-news/family-continues-search-for-missing-baby_67811858

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s8832985