CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mos, Happy Valley, 2 July 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
u

it sounded like he was interested in sleeping first and bunked out on the homeowners property . When confronted he took their car. I. agree and thought he would have been lurking out and on the hunt for a car last night . But his actions and thought process have been odd to me all along .

bbm

Yes, either his brain was fried from drugs or he never had much of one to start with... a very low- functioning person all around.

He probably wouldn't have confessed anyway but now even the slight possibility of that option is gone and the family remains in limbo. So many cases end this way. No answers. Sighing.

It seemed like a good chance the case would end this way. Once he fled with a gun his chances of survival were slim. He was either going to get killed or be shot.

I hope poor baby Ember is found so she can be laid to rest. T4Tide's post was beautiful and I feel for his family but not for him. I don't care that he's dead. No way was he going to lead anyone to Ember. He couldn't care any less for her. IMO.

Would someone message me if and when little Ember is found? Thanks all. Such a caring group here. Beautiful that total strangers can have such heartbreak over a darling child they've never met.

UPDATE: Graham believed to be shot, killed by authorities

UPDATED AT 8:35 A.M.

A vehicle stolen today from Shasta Lake is believed to have been taken by Matthew Graham.

A Shasta Lake couple says the suspect stole their car at gunpoint after he was found by them in their backyard.

He made a bed out of lawn cushions and slept next to the house without the knowledge of homeowners Michael and Heidi Prado.

According to scanner traffic, the gray, 2007 Buick Lucerne was reported stolen about 6:30 a.m. Authorities, using On Star, were able to track the vehicle heading north on Interstate 5 in Castella.

Authorities were able to then trace the vehicle as it exited the freeway and traveled into central Dunsmuir. It was abandoned at a neighborhood St. Francis and Katherine streets.

The suspect led authorities on a foot chase, and dispatch reported shots were fired.

An ambulance was dispatched, but an officer at the scene reported medical treatment was not needed.

bbm

Yes, either his brain was fried from drugs or he never had much of one to start with... a very low- functioning person all around.

I agree. I'm still at the anger phase of emotions about this case. I think the guy always lived in a universe surrounded by low-functioning, dysfunctional people. Because nowhere, no how was it a good idea to allow him to take an infant into such unsanitary squalor. Those conditions warranted an immediate removal of the child if CPS had been contacted. I just don't have a lot of sympathy for his enablers at this point.

JMO

I wonder if he still had his backpack with him. Is it in the car, or maybe at the house where he slept? I know odds are probably slim but maybe something in there will help with finding Ember.

I also wonder if by some chance maybe he confessed something to his Mom during that whole theft situation. From the little bit that's been reported it's impossible to tell (IMO) if that was a violent thing, he was just there and left and then she happened to notice things missing, he fessed up and she 'helped' him, or some other scenario.

UPDATE: Graham believed to be shot, killed by authorities

UPDATED AT 8:35 A.M.

A vehicle stolen today from Shasta Lake is believed to have been taken by Matthew Graham.

A Shasta Lake couple says the suspect stole their car at gunpoint after he was found by them in their backyard.

He made a bed out of lawn cushions and slept next to the house without the knowledge of homeowners Michael and Heidi Prado.

According to scanner traffic, the gray, 2007 Buick Lucerne was reported stolen about 6:30 a.m. Authorities, using On Star, were able to track the vehicle heading north on Interstate 5 in Castella.

Authorities were able to then trace the vehicle as it exited the freeway and traveled into central Dunsmuir. It was abandoned at a neighborhood St. Francis and Katherine streets.

The suspect led authorities on a foot chase, and dispatch reported shots were fired.

An ambulance was dispatched, but an officer at the scene reported medical treatment was not needed.

Wow - what a scary story!

Graham, who told the couple he was scared and never lowered the gun during the entire episode, demanded the keys to their 2007 Buick sedan, which they retrieved for him.

Prado said he started the car for Graham, who drove away, but not before telling the couple not to report the incident until noon or he would “come back” for them.

But the couple immediately called 911.

“There was no way I was going to wait,” Heidi Prado said.

And this:

Jenny Espino ‏@jennyespino_RS 2m2 minutes ago
He described scene in Dunsmuir as "traumatic" and "chaotic." "Multiple shots were fired."

https://twitter.com/jennyespino_RS/with_replies

I had an emergency and had to run out and now I'm back to this news and wondering how will baby Ember be found now ?

Wow - what a scary story!

Graham, who told the couple he was scared and never lowered the gun during the entire episode, demanded the keys to their 2007 Buick sedan, which they retrieved for him.

Prado said he started the car for Graham, who drove away, but not before telling the couple not to report the incident until noon or he would “come back” for them.

But the couple immediately called 911.

“There was no way I was going to wait,” Heidi Prado said.

And this:

Jenny Espino ‏@jennyespino_RS 2m2 minutes ago
He described scene in Dunsmuir as "traumatic" and "chaotic." "Multiple shots were fired."

https://twitter.com/jennyespino_RS/with_replies

Very scary! He slept right outside of their bedroom? I don't think I'd be able to sleep peacefully again for a lonnnnnng time. I'm glad he didn't physically harm them.

I do have a dumb question - why did he force them to start the car instead of just taking the keys? Between the homeowner recognizing him immediately and the fact that he had a gun pointed at the man, I bet getting into the car was absolutely terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member