CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one that had a smell about it from the get go. I won't be surprised if you salon gossip is as close as we'll get the truth, Tammie!

Thank you so much for sharing, Tammie!

I am anxiously awaiting the autopsy report.

I am finding that alot of "rumors" seem to be pretty "spot on".

I'm wondering if maybe somehow drugs were involved? From what I saw of her myspace she seemed like a good mom...but if she got involved with a guy that was into drugs maybe Emma got a hold of some somehow and died from an overdose? I don't know...I can't figure out why if it was an accident (other than something like drugs) she would think she would be in trouble.

My heart goes out to Emma's family. I cannot imagine how hard things are for them right now.

Just rumored but I live locally and a lot that is being said makes one wonder if it was actually a accident. Gossip in a salon yesterday leads me to believe that this is another Casey Anthony type. Boyfriend not into children right now and grandparents practically raising the baby.
Also just rumored was the mother allegedly told sherrifs officers she was driving and gave the baby a sandwich and didn't realize it had a plastic bag around it and she choked on it. Ok yah, right. Just rumors folks!

MOO- If I base my opinion on "rumors" then things sound a little premeditated. Then I place myself in a situation of a child choking and I can't imagine myself not trying to stop every car on the freeway to get help, much less not trying to call 911 as soon as I realize something is wrong with my baby... I cant imagine just going ok your dead.. got to get rid of you. Until someone officially told me my child was deceased or there was nothing that could be done I would be frantic to try to save her.. that alone leads me to believe there there's more to her story.
I am also disappointed in the local coverage of this story... guess it's just another day in LA County to some folks.
Oh also "rumored" is that the mother was "released" to her parents! Now I don't know what EXACTLY that means other then rumored that she is to be with one of the parents and stay in their home at all times.
Once again just the local buzz in a salon take it for what it is worth.

Great post! I live in Forest Ranch, and the talk is all over there too. Just wanted to clear up a few things that have been printed, so if we want to use that as fact, then we assume its true.

1. After Stacey was questioned, YES she was released to her parent's custody. I do not know the stipulations, but Im sure LAPD is involved. It said they released to her parents after questioning.
2.Yes grandparents and brother were helping raise Emma. They all took different shifts so Stacey could work and Emma would never be in day care- She was always in the home with her own family.

She is sounding more and more like CA as days go by. I cant imagine the thoughts that were going thru those mourner's faces as she sat there amongst them -ughhhh

Sorry- I have heard alot of local crazy rumors also, but I dont feel comfortable posting them in case they arent true :cool:

I wish I knew how to do a screenshot!!

Staceywww.myspace.com/442955581 Send Message

doesnt know how to live without my baby...Mood: miserable 1 hour ago view more

View My: PhotosVideos24 / Female
LANCASTER, California, US
Last Login: 3/27/2009

BlurbsAbout me:

When God call little children to dwell with him above, we mortals sometimes question the wisdom of his love. Perhaps god tires of calling the aged to his fold, so he picks a rosebud before it can grow old. God knows how much we need them and how he takes but few to make the land of heaven more beautiful to view. Believing this is difficult still somehow we must try, the saddest word mankind knows, will always be "goodbye." So when a little child departs, we who are left behind must realize god loves children, Angels are hard to find.

Who I'd like to meet:Friend Space (Top 3)Stacey has 39 friends. View:AllOnlineNewNick (Love You Emma)

Great post! I live in Forest Ranch, and the talk is all over there too. Just wanted to clear up a few things that have been printed, so if we want to use that as fact, then we assume its true.

1. After Stacey was questioned, YES she was released to her parent's custody. I do not know the stipulations, but Im sure LAPD is involved. It said they released to her parents after questioning.
2.Yes grandparents and brother were helping raise Emma. They all took different shifts so Stacey could work and Emma would never be in day care- She was always in the home with her own family.

She is sounding more and more like CA as days go by. I cant imagine the thoughts that were going thru those mourner's faces as she sat there amongst them -ughhhh

Sorry- I have heard alot of local crazy rumors also, but I dont feel comfortable posting them in case they arent true :cool:

Chicogirl I am not familiar with where exactly Forest Ranch is, can I assume that it is by Chico hense your hat? I live up in the Antelope Valley, Lancaster to be exact. You mentioned LAPD, they cover Los Angeles CITY proper but not out lying areas we only have the Los Angeles County Sheriff's up here and I don't think Sylmar is consider LA CITY Proper. So I believe it is the Sheriff's Dept that is handling the case.

I was afraid someone would take offense by my posting the rumors I had heard that is why I repeatedly said "RUMORS" LOL. I thought about it for a while and decide that really what I had heard wasn't anything more then what was being discussed here and whats the difference discussing it here or in a salon;)
Thanks Chicogirl

Chicogirl I am not familiar with where exactly Forest Ranch is, can I assume that it is by Chico hense your hat? I live up in the Antelope Valley, Lancaster to be exact. You mentioned LAPD, they cover Los Angeles CITY proper but not out lying areas we only have the Los Angeles County Sheriff's up here and I don't think Sylmar is consider LA CITY Proper. So I believe it is the Sheriff's Dept that is handling the case.

I was afraid someone would take offense by my posting the rumors I had heard that is why I repeatedly said "RUMORS" LOL. I thought about it for a while and decide that really what I had heard wasn't anything more then what was being discussed here and whats the difference discussing it here or in a salon;)
Thanks Chicogirl

Exactly the way I feel! I will search for comments to news stories just to get a feel of what people are saying, it gives good insight, IMO.

I saw firsthand with Caylee's case that ALOT of rumors turned out to be fact. I always appreciate hearing from people who live in the area.:D

Thanks for the heads up Lovejac. I guess she has her myspace set up to control what comments are posted/seen cause I noticed that there aren't that many comments posted to her compared to her brothers, strange.

I thought that was odd too, that her brother had more condolences than she did! I don't know much about MySpace, I didn't know that you could control what comments are posted and/or seen. Thanks for that information.

Thanks Chicogirl

I think we have a lil confusion here. If you live close to Sylmar, the next town west on the 118 fwy is Granada Hills and Forest Ranch is a large developement that even has its own exit right past Sylmar ;) Yes, my hat says Chico, but that is my home town. I live 10-15 minutes away from her, and yes, Stacey lives in Antelope Valley near you, but Emma was found in San Fernando Valley, which is where I live.
I didnt mean to offend anyone about my comment about rumors- just to say they are everywhere around this valley.

BTW- we are covered by LAPD in Sylmar/Granada Hills, and Porter Ranch.

Thanks for the heads up Lovejac. I guess she has her myspace set up to control what comments are posted/seen cause I noticed that there aren't that many comments posted to her compared to her brothers, strange.

I was thinking the same, but I think that possibly the friends knew who was there for Emma and loved her, perhaps the brother done alot more for Emma. The friends could still also be upset that she just tossed her out on the side of the road like trash to and have washed hands with her. It is odd.

Well, we know she tossed little Emma to the side of the road like a garbage bag, because she was the one who told LE where to find her little body!!! And now, she is sitting safe in a home on a computer and posts this to her MySpace:

"When God call little children to dwell with him above, we mortals sometimes question the wisdom of his love. Perhaps god tires of calling the aged to his fold, so he picks a rosebud before it can grow old. God knows how much we need them and how he takes but few to make the land of heaven more beautiful to view. Believing this is difficult still somehow we must try, the saddest word mankind knows, will always be "goodbye." So when a little child departs, we who are left behind must realize god loves children, Angels are hard to find."

I personally, don't question "the wisdom of God's love", but I sure as Heck have a few questions about HER love for Emma!!! n

I'm at a loss. If my child died as a result of an accident, being BLAMED is not the first thing that would enter my mind!

I would feel so guilty, there would be no possible way that I could then,

1. drive somewhere and dump my child by the side of a road
2. drive somewhere else and then cause physical injury to myself, partially undress myself and then notify police.

What am I missing here?

Xanax and the car trunk.

MOO,

Salem

doesnt know how to live without my baby...Mood: miserable 1 hour ago
Last Login: 3/27/2009

BlurbsAbout me:

When God call little children to dwell with him above, we mortals sometimes question the wisdom of his love. Perhaps god tires of calling the aged to his fold, so he picks a rosebud before it can grow old. God knows how much we need them and how he takes but few to make the land of heaven more beautiful to view. Believing this is difficult still somehow we must try, the saddest word mankind knows, will always be "goodbye." So when a little child departs, we who are left behind must realize god loves children, Angels are hard to find.

Okay this pizzez me off. I rarely, if ever, think of the "F" word inside my head much less out of mouth, but she pulled it right outta my mouth through my head with that post.

'Scuse me? G-D picked a rosebud before it could grow old? WTF is that kind of nonsense? Grrrr...Yes the Lord calls home angels, I'm not arguing that, but this little Lady tossed her dead child along side of a road off a free-way. Quick stop, pull over and toss child..make up story to CYA and hope that the LE is more stupid that she is...grrr...

For her to sign on to a social networking website and wax poetic about her child's death makes me so angry I can't type out what I'm thinking...

All I can say to her is this...

Romans 12:19

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord!

"for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."

No offense for any of those of other faiths, but she stepped in it when she posted that carp. If the Lord doesn't get her Karma surely will.

is what she is, and I dont' care if the baby died of an accident, you don't throw your precious child, your pride and joy ~ by the side of the road like a piece of garbage, leaving that child to lay where the insects can get to her grrrrrrrrrrrrr :furious: ~Rant off~ Sorry

I checked her myspace, I clicked on add comment to her page and she has it set to where you can only add a comment IF you are her friend.

...sorry rant again. Not that I would have posted anything, was just checking...she's still a ...rant off for now :)

I live 1 town away from where Emma was found and there is NOTHING on our local news OR newspaper. What a shame!

I cant imagine how she is able to be free? I was thinking maybe she snitched someone off on something MAJOR, but charges on dumping your own baby should stand for something? LYING to the police about your alibi, faking injuries. causing a fraudulent Amber alert, MUST I GO ON?????

WTF is really going on? I even called the LAPD division that covers that area, and they directed me to their Media Officer, who said NO COMMENT!!

I wish I knew someone in the media!!!:cool:

ETA- Our local news has her pic up still on the front page (leading to 9 photos of Emma and the where Stacey was found) and she is on the VERY BOTTOM of the list of local stories ~which was LAST UPDATED 03/21/09- WHY ISNT HER FAMILY SCREAMING FOR JUSTICE?????????

Oh, I know why- to prtect their precious Stacey!!!- UGHH!!

http://www.ktla.com/landing_news/?T...-Lied-About-Kidna=1&blockID=243852&feedID=171

Do we know if her parents or any family members LE? The brothers myspace said he was in nursing school (I have found that nurse's and Cop's often marry) makes me wonder if mom is a nurse and dad is a cop?

Regardless if baby Emma died from an "accident" the mom was doing something she shouldn't have been. When an accident happens, you call 911. I think a couple of poster have already said this, but you call 911! You don't find a way to dispose of the body UNLESS there was NO accident or your own careless/illegal behavior caused the accident.

This baby was precious and I don't understand why mom isn't in jail. She has no right to be staying at home with access to her parents and family after whatever it is that she did. She has admitted she threw this baby away like trash. She needs to go to jail and she needs to stay there!

I don't understand this mentality, but it seems this is happening more and more? Or is it just because I read here? Jon Beine, Trenton, Maddie, Caylee, Haleigh are the high profile ones, then there was the baby in the car overnight, the special needs child in the car overnight (his parents are in jail), and on and on and on. So sad.

May these babies play with the angels,

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members