CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to add to some of the comments about no pictures or mentions of Emma (or Caylee on Casey's for that matter). While their actions regarding their babies is heinous, not putting them on their MySpace or Facebooks might not be an indication of anything. I have memberships at both and only mention in passing my children and don't have any good pictures on them. Why? Internet predators. Maybe I'm overly paranoid but when I want to exchange photos of my children, I email them to the people I choose to have them instead. But then again, I don't have nekkid or nearly nekkid pictures floating around either.

Honestly, I don't know what to think about Stacey. I don't have the same anger towards her that I do towards Casey. I still think what she did was dispicable but maybe because there's less information about her floating around I'm still puzzled. Anyone else feel this way?

...i don't think guys worry much about the order of myspace friends ,they just usually leave you where you are whenever you're added,unless you make them aware of it.
...her brother however moved her out of his top friends...
Though I'd rather believe Nick made this change due to what he knows/believes his sister has done, it could be that there's no reason to have Stacy as a "top friend" since she's jailed and not even using myspace...

Wow. I just read every page!

I think this woman had a man who didn't want kids (not his fault if he was being honest) and she was being neglectful of her daughter out of spite and maybe she was out that day doing something she really should not be doing and the baby died as a direct result to her mother's neglect. I am curious to find out what the time of death was as I believe Stacey waited 6 hours before calling police in order to sober up and plan out her story.

No mother who loves her child finds her child choking and does not scream or call for help. Only a mother guilty of causing that death - would dump her child off the road and hurt herself and stage a crime scene in order to avoid facing the piper.

That baby was gorgeous and I am sorry these mothers are such POSs.

Also - I had a boyfriend who once told me he enjoyed being with ME not "The mother I was" and he sometimes wished it could just be us. He even went so far as to say he would never marry a woman who already had children.

After a lot of tears and feeling rejected - I showed him the door and moved on. I am now married with another child to an amazing man and that old boyfriend is miserable in his life and regrets his choices. KARMA comes around hard.

Okay, I'm irritated! KTLA.com has changed their web layout as of yesterday and the articles that had all of the great comments attached to themy are gone...POOF!

I can't even get ANY articles to come up when I type SB name in the search engine. Ugh! How am I suppose to insite Amber??? Ugh!

Changes, changes, I don't like changes! I had a routine, don't these people understand?
1. click on Nick's MS (that I bookmarked)
2. click on Stacey, in Nick's friend list
3. click on Amber B, in Stacey's friend list
4. go back to Stacey's MS, click on Brendon
5. click on the KTLA article (that I bookmarked) on Stacey (the one with all the juicy comments!)
6. click on 'contact Nancy Grace' (that I bookmarked) and send her my daily e-mail

Now my routine is all mucked up!!!

ETA: Okay, I'm off to devise a new plan of action!

Comments from Nick's MS: (don't these people realize that Nick is in the middle of a family crisis that involves the death of his neice, at the hands of his sister???)

May 6 2009 2:38 PM

This comment was sent by your friend via the Kiss Me app. To block this app and all communications from it, click Here.

-------------------------------------------

I just kissed you.
Click here to kiss me back!

KendelKendel Zinn May 6 2009 12:39 PM

all you're is talk....you were scared to come cause you knew i would handle you! hey here's your 8th grade belt?lmao

KendelKendel Zinn May 4 2009 1:02 PM

i waited for u and you never came home...sucks for you!

RL, Coley,Flourish and anyone else who has shared their story and insights (sorry if I forgot ya),
THANK YOU!!!! I cant imagine the courage it took for you to publicly admit your demons, and I applaud you for that! :clap::clap::clap:

I am thankful I dont have any unhealthy addictions, but posts from courageous young ladies like yourselves let people know that addicts come in all shapes and sizes. You two are both beautiful yound ladies, and thank you for 'schooling' us and keeping us up to par on the signs of a meth user- Stay strong and keep clean! YOU GO GIRLS!!!! :blowkiss:

Thank you so much Chicogirl36...I have came a long way since getting help. It's a process that I have to work on everyday. I just make sure I surround myself with healthy and positive people. Plus, I have now have a son who is 3 so he is my number one reason to stay healthy so he doesn't lose me.

So has anything been released as far as new info or anything? It's just so strange to me that they are so tight lipped. With the Peterson case out in California information was released but not so much with this one. Chico or anyone else from around the area...is there any small talk about it?

Okay, I'm irritated! KTLA.com has changed their web layout as of yesterday and the articles that had all of the great comments attached to themy are gone...POOF!

I can't even get ANY articles to come up when I type SB name in the search engine. Ugh! How am I suppose to insite Amber??? Ugh!

Changes, changes, I don't like changes! I had a routine, don't these people understand?
5. click on the KTLA article (that I bookmarked) on Stacey (the one with all the juicy comments!)
6. click on 'contact Nancy Grace' (that I bookmarked) and send her my daily e-mail

Too funny Lovejac..I too am especially PO'D at KTLA!!! :mad:

I've tried to bring up the original article and I can't even find a search box on the home page. Maybe they're still working on it...they better be! lol

Don't they know us wsleuthers need our daily info??? Sheeshers! :confused:

Thank you so much Chicogirl36...I have came a long way since getting help. It's a process that I have to work on everyday. I just make sure I surround myself with healthy and positive people. Plus, I have now have a son who is 3 so he is my number one reason to stay healthy so he doesn't lose me.

So has anything been released as far as new info or anything? It's just so strange to me that they are so tight lipped. With the Peterson case out in California information was released but not so much with this one. Chico or anyone else from around the area...is there any small talk about it?

How does this work in Cali. if Stacey parents visited her in jail would the video be released to the public ?

How does this work in Cali. if Stacey parents visited her in jail would the video be released to the public ?

I don't think so...

California Public Records Act

GOVT. CODE §§ 6250 - 6276.48

Police Incident reports, rap sheets and arrest records
are exempt (Penal Code §§ 11075, 11105, 11105.1), but information in the "police blotter" (time and circumstances of calls to police; name and details of arrests, warrants, charges, hearing dates, etc.) must be disclosed unless disclosure would endanger an investigation or the life of an investigator. Investigative files may be withheld, even after an investigation is over. (Gov. Code § 6254(f); Williams v. Superior Ct., 5 Cal. 4th 337 (1993); County of L.A. v. Superior Ct., 18 Cal. App. 4th 588 (1994). Ident ifying
data in police personnel files and misconduct complaints are exempt, but disclosure may be obtained using special procedures under Evidence Code section 1043.
http://www.thefirstamendment.org/publicrecordsact.pdf

/bolded by me

IIRC, Florida has some very open laws that other states don't.

I don't think so...

California Public Records Act

GOVT. CODE §§ 6250 - 6276.48

Police Incident reports, rap sheets and arrest records

are exempt (Penal Code §§ 11075, 11105, 11105.1), but information in the "police blotter" (time and circumstances of calls to police; name and details of arrests, warrants, charges, hearing dates, etc.) must be disclosed unless disclosure would endanger an investigation or the life of an investigator. Investigative files may be withheld, even after an investigation is over. (Gov. Code § 6254(f); Williams v. Superior Ct., 5 Cal. 4th 337 (1993); County of L.A. v. Superior Ct., 18 Cal. App. 4th 588 (1994). Ident ifying
data in police personnel files and misconduct complaints are exempt, but disclosure may be obtained using special procedures under Evidence Code section 1043.

/bolded by me

IIRC, Florida has some very open laws that other states don't.​

Thank You ..

Thank You ..

I think we've been spoiled in the Casey Anthony case with all those document dumps. It's not going to be SO good here but if we can generate enough interest we might get more like they did with OJ, Robert Blake and Phil Spector. Or maybe you just have to be a rich, entertainment murderer.

Ok, this might take many posts.

Sores: OK, I used to have sores. Basically IMO you get these from either how the meth was made (think lots of car products; stuff you would not generally inhale or snort or whatever) that would then come out through your pores, then you have the "picking" that comes along with it; I swear I would pick at imaginary stuff on my face. I have seen some people who don't get them and some people who get them a lot.
Ice is more expensive than just regular meth. Compared to coke you get less of an amount of the goods. I never understood that so I can't answer why.
It's usually in powder form but more grainy than loose powder. If that makes sense. I usually smoked it off of foil or out of a glass pipe. You can snort it, put it in a capsule, shoot it (even though I don't understand why anyone would want to shoot car chemicals..err yuck). I will try and think of some more "meth traits" during the day to post.

Aw thanks, I had to take a much needed break after Caylee's body was found. I was becoming to involved that it had sucked me in and I was losing my mind. You do some awesome work yourself. Heck, everyone on this thread has contributed to it. So keep it up :clap:

coley, i just wanted to thank you for your honesty about your issues with this drug...my ex-husband also got addicted to meth and it certainly made him a completely different person. in the span of about 6 months he went from being superdad/great guy to someone i wouldn't even allow my children to be around. luckily, he loved himself and them enough to get help and has been clean for over five years. he and i are still, to this day terrified of relapse, so much so that he left his line of work (he was a sheet metal journeyman) for a much lesser paying job to be in an environment where it isn't so pervasive. it is a terrible drug that is VERY common these days and VERY hard to beat. i'm proud of those of you who get through....:)

re: SB we don't know the answer yet, but at her court appearance, SB definitely had the "meth user" look to her. i originally thought that she dumped Emma's body where she did because she had already come up with her abduction story and tried to fit it in, but what people are saying about her either already being in the area, something happening, and her having to sober up before she called police makes sense. JMO...

Well, just a tiny bit of SB on Nancy tonight. I almost missed it, it was so quick. They were comparing some of the similarities. LOL, they had casey & Stacey's mug shot up, side by side and also, pics of Caylee & Emma.

That's not the picture I was hoping they would use but, oh well! Plus, I hadn't seen Stacey's mug shot before tonight. :eek:

yes, and she said something like, "did KC inspire a copy cat crime?" As I recall, I think that's how she intigrated Stacey into the story for those few moments.

Well, just a tiny bit of SB on Nancy tonight. I almost missed it, it was so quick. They were comparing some of the similarities. LOL, they had casey & Stacey's mug shot up, side by side and also, pics of Caylee & Emma.

That's not the picture I was hoping they would use but, oh well! Plus, I hadn't seen Stacey's mug shot before tonight. :eek:

I don't think I've seen her mug shot either. Is it posted anywhere on the thread?

You're no more O/T then the rest of us putting our :twocents: and sharing what we feel. :D

Glad you made it through OK! I have had morphine post op and done fine. I just don't know why anyone would want to feel that way. I much prefer local or a block to get through the first 24 hours and then switch to something that doesn't knock me for a loop. :crazy:

Thanks MMB! You're right - I was so completely out of it, the next day I demanded they remove that stupid machine and button from my room - I couldn't even look at it. At least the pain made me feel normal, and I could walk to the bathroom without the assistance of a nurse.

Then I think of people (like this stacey) who could be out there doing meth, crack, heroin every day. Maybe she hallucinated so much she didn't even know what she was doing? I'm not defending her, but when under the influence, you can do/say some pretty crazy stuff.

I wonder if any of her "friends" will come forward about any drug useage??

yes, and she said something like, "did KC inspire a copy cat crime?" As I recall, I think that's how she intigrated Stacey into the story for those few moments.

I thought it was so great, Fifth! NG said to the producer: "and tell me about the copy cat murderer out there in California" (or close to that) and then the producer person goes into this spiel about Barker. I was thinking to myself - take that Stacey! You are not even original! You are a copycat of the most hated woman in America!

I know that is kind of gloating at the expense of those poor babies and I don't mean it like that. But I did appreciate the dig at Stacey. She deserved it and whatever else Lady Justice might bring her way. KC also deserves whatever Lady Justice brings her way.

May those little girls sleep tight with the Angels!

Salem

LOL- I thought I was just tired with the KTLA site last night !! I wanted to read the newest comments and NOTHING would come up in their search- If you figure it out, let me know please :crazy:

No, we dont have the Sunshine Law and you usually dont get good info until discovery or trial, unfortunately. This case has a security hold and I would assume a gag order- There is NO NEW NEWS that I can find- :mad: ANYWHERE!!! Just people writing about what we have already knew for months!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly