CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Missy Lovejac, you are the one that really got the ball rolling here as far as us getting little Emma some national attention..thanks for that link and all your perseverance...it paid off in a big way and you're my new hero! :clap: :)

Awww shucks :blushing: I'm not even sure that I thought it would really do any good. I just needed to do something because I felt so helpless! Then I remembered reading of longtime members here sending massive emails in other cases, so I thought, why not. I have learned that there is definitely power in numbers. It feels so good to be heard!

ETA: I had the "zippity doo dah" song in my head!

I hope NG keeps up with this case. this case needs press so she doesn't get a slap on the wrist.

YEAH!!!! Emma finally has a voice. I was so surprised to turn Nancy on tonight and hear Baby Emma being discussed ...FINALLY!!!! This has been quiet the week. She goes unnoticed for over a month and then Stacy gets arrested FINALLY and Emma's story is out!

Right now they just moved on to the Georgia professor thing..is there any more Emma stuff after this?

I just had to come in here and say...YAY!!!!!!!! :clap: NG did a great job of covering this! I thought she was a little mean to Mark Klass though.. anyone else?

I am still just sooo thankful that NG thought this case warranted some national attention!!!

RIP sweet baby Emma..... Justice will come

Today was the first day that hubby sat down and said "why are these mothers killing their children". Forget the swine flu pandemic - what is this all about.

Kudos to Nancy for bringing this to the forefront. I wish it would have been sooner, but things certainly wouldn't change. Poor Emma had most certainly passed before an Amber alert or a 911 call could have been made.

I DON'T agree with the charges - 2nd degree murder without premeditation. You don't dump your baby on a busy LA freeway without thinking about it first. How did she do it -- we travel the 5 fwy - right past Palmdale, and there's NO way she could have been missed. It's usually chock-a-block all day. Someone saw something!

Peace,

Nancy can't believe the mother has only been charged with 2nd degree murder. Neither can I. Is there something different with the law in Calif.? :waitasec:

It kind of depends on the jurisdiction. My thought is that if she confessed, they reduced the charges. Florida, Texas, and even Bakersfield are much tougher than Los Angeles. Since she falls into the LA jurisdiction, she'll probably be out sooner than later. Heck, the stars here sometimes get 90 minutes of jail time - some of the most ridiculous antics I've ever heard of. Jail overcrowding, etc.

If she faces any real time (and I pray she does), she'll end up far away in an out of state prison probably. OTOH - maybe she can go hang out with Westerfield or Peterson! My guess is she'll end up in San Fran, where there is a bit more room. I think they have a woman's prison there now.

Just some rambling thoughts.

I am so happy! It looks like Nancy's going to give Emma's story at least 30 minutes!!

Yeah with all your hard work!! we did it!! TYVM for posting the addy last night! I think that did it!

Hi all, new poster here. I also live in Lancaster CA, where this all happened. I don't know how the admin's feel about "rumors" being posted but the words I am hearing are that the mother has told friends that baby Emma fell asleep on a plastic bag, and I also heard her new boyfriend did not want children.
I have been following this case from the beggining, and just found this post today. I am so glad Nancy Grace is covering this story. Our local paper had nothing about this for weeks!!! For a case like this, I thought the press would be all over it.
Poor Emma, what a precious baby. RIP baby girl.
xmiranndax

Does any 24 yo not know better than to let a baby sleep on a plastic bag? Or maybe they suddenly forget when get a new boyfriend who doesn't want kids!?!

YEAH!!!! Emma finally has a voice. I was so surprised to turn Nancy on tonight and hear Baby Emma being discussed ...FINALLY!!!! This has been quiet the week. She goes unnoticed for over a month and then Stacy gets arrested FINALLY and Emma's story is out!

Thank you for everything you've done for Emma!

Has ChicoGirl checked in today?

I had minor surgery this morning so all I have done since I got home is sleep!! I just happened to catch NG after missing the first 10 min I put it on so I could listen while I did the channel check, needless to say I got no further!!

This must be what LE feels like when they catch the bad guy! I'm so happy that baby Emma is now out there for everyone to know about!!

Will be sending a note to Nancy Grace first thing tomorrow when my head is more clear!!!

Posted by: Lovejac
On: 04-29-2009 08:00 PM

---Quote (Originally by Camper)---
--->>>Have not read the thread yet. Does anyone know how old mommy's brother is? News more current said that he watched Emma early morning hours so that grandma could get some sleep after working all night, and after mommy had left for her job.

If he is young, I can see him losing patience, and mommy covering for him. When is the abuse going to stop???????????????????????? OUr schools are failing us in having more child care classes for young people. Open their eyes to responsibility in caring for small children.
---End Quote---
Nick is 21 years old. His MYSPACE is http://www.myspace.com/405029082 He is taking nursing courses at Antelope Valley College. And recently got a job at Countrywide Mortgage.

I certainly don't think he has anything to do with this, but, I've learned since joining WS to NEVER say NEVER. But my gut says "No", FWIW!

--->>>I will dump my thoughts about the brother. Is this another Susan Smith -motive? Yes Nancy will be ALL over this case in the coming days, unbelievable. WE are doing more crime against small children and defenseless women, than what swine flu has caused in America so far anyway.

Will we ever know what the mommy was doing when 'the death happened', I sure as heck hope so.

Yet another grandma who gave soooooooooo much to help her daughter in this case. BEYOND BELIEF.

Baby Emma you will have many plaYmates in heaven, may God bless you through all of eternity.

Last night i channel surfed pass NG and saw her talking about Emma. It was tough for me, I hadn't looked up Emmas pic, but she remindes me of my daughter who is 20 months,they are just so fragile, sweet and caring, I can't understand why this happen to Emma. I try to not look at babies or kids that have pass away, it just brings more reality for me..
I kinda just read above a little. If Emma did fall asleep on a plastic bag, they she could possilbe be breathing in the air she breathed out. Now its also rare but there is a sids for toddlers. What would there be on the body for signs of suffication? Done on purpose?

Im 100 percent not finding out if she could be innocent, noway, if you just dump your childs body off in a road, your guilty. Just curious.

I want to know how an 18 month old can be accidentally smothered by her mother? I have heard of newborns who were in bed with the parents being smothered by a parent rolling over on them but an 18 month old? I don't for one second believe the mother's story of an accident.

Exactly. It can't happen accidentally. There had to have been a big struggle, poor little angel. If I pick my 15-month-old up when she doesn't want to be held, she gives a big struggle and toddlers are STRONG! There is no way this could happen accidentally.

Last night i channel surfed pass NG and saw her talking about Emma. It was tough for me, I hadn't looked up Emma's pic, but she reminds me of my daughter who is 20 months,they are just so fragile, sweet and caring, I can't understand why this happen to Emma. I try to not look at babies or kids that have pass away, it just brings more reality for me..
I kinda just read above a little. If Emma did fall asleep on a plastic bag, they she could possible be breathing in the air she breathed out. Now its also rare but there is a SIDS for toddlers. What would there be on the body for signs of suffocation? Done on purpose?

I'm 100 percent not finding out if she could be innocent, noway, if you just dump your child's body off in a road, your guilty. Just curious.

signs of bruising around her mouth, pressure marks, broken blood vessels all would have been found on autopsy. We figured since they didn't release info they didn't find it. We were incorrect, LE decided to keep quiet while they finished tox, then they arrested mom. Undoubtedly they were watching her in the mean time.

I wish Kat, Tammie, chicogirl and dmk were on-line right now! They worked very hard for this also.
Awww Thanks Lovejac! You were the tireless one that keep things going when I get discouraged or down right PISSED. I am sure your precious letter to NG/CNN is what got Emma a voice. THANK YOU LOVEJAC your an ANGEL:blowkiss:

Sorry-OT

Has anyone heard from Chicogirl? I know her mother is going through Cancer treatments... I hope all is ok! It's not like her to go this long with out a post. If I over looked her then I apoligize for getting off topic.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0904/29/ng.01.html

Transcript of NG show of 29 April 2009, show opens with Emma. (brief mention of professor and then back to Emma).

O/T but to answer the poster that thought NG was being rude to Mark last night, Mark didn't sound as if he was completely up to date and informed about this case and made a statement about a plea deal, NG set him straight, I think they have a good relationship and I didn't get that she was being rude to him, I have seen her be outright rude to others though HAHA!

Exactly. It can't happen accidentally. There had to have been a big struggle, poor little angel. If I pick my 15-month-old up when she doesn't want to be held, she gives a big struggle and toddlers are STRONG! There is no way this could happen accidentally.

Right on! An 18 month old can raise their head and the body's natural instinct is to struggle if you cannot breathe. Unless, of course, she was placed INSIDE a bag? Or, was smothered into the bag (not letting the head up). This little baby didn't just "fall asleep" on a bag. I'm not a forensics expert, but that's MHO.

What makes me more furious at the mom -- if this was an accident, why did she go to such lengths by saying she was knocked out and then admitted throwing the baby in the bushes. Someone tell me, what happened to calling 911?

Nope - not buying the accident theory. I hope LE doesn't either!

Peace,

Thank you to all who never gave up and kept pushing for Emma's story to go nationally!

You rock!

Like John Walsh says, "YOU can make a difference."

:blowkiss:
fran

RIP Sweet Emma.............

Yeah with all your hard work!! we did it!! TYVM for posting the addy last night! I think that did it!

Does any 24 yo not know better than to let a baby sleep on a plastic bag? Or maybe they suddenly forget when get a new boyfriend who doesn't want kids!?!

Thank you for everything you've done for Emma!
------
Banging my head here, :banghead: First rumor had the mother giving the baby a sandwich still wrapped in plastic and the baby choked on it, now rumor
No. 2 has her claiming that the baby fell asleep on a plastic bag. GMAB, when is she just going to confess that she smothered her using a plastic bag? I'm really sick of these pyschos getting by with murdering babies. First she gets preferential treatment by being immediately released to her parents, no time in jail. Now, she gets charged with 2nd degree murder and I would not be surprised if it isn't pled down to a negligent charge. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member