GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

This link says that Erin's car was found "just a couple miles from the Marine base but more than 8 miles from the Joshua Tree park entrance".

Isn't that strange wording if Joshua Tree park is an hour drive from the base? Or am I missing something?

http://www.cbs8.com/story/25971456/timeline-emerges-in-marine-wifes-mysterious-disappearance

I wonder if there are any pictures of Erin smiling when her teeth are showing. That may be what a few peeps are reacting negatively to.
Usually peeps show their teeth in some pictures. If she's consciously trying not to show her teeth, her eyes may reflect that that's what
she's thinking about, if that makes any sense. Instead of being free, happy and in the moment, she may be worried about showing her teeth.

We talk about the darndest things on WS!

As a follow-up thought, maybe LE should be looking for AM. That could be intentional disinformation. Erin (please God no) might already have been killed on Fri night or early Sat morning, and her car just moved around later to support the "going to JTNP on Saturday morning" story. This whole thing STINKS more every day that she is not found. I'm frankly astonished that neither the Marines nor LE can find her! Believe me, then there's no hope for the rest of us, if we go missing!

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

This link says that Erin's car was found "just a couple miles from the Marine base but more than 8 miles from the Joshua Tree park entrance".

Isn't that strange wording if Joshua Tree park is an hour drive from the base? Or am I missing something?

http://www.cbs8.com/story/25971456/timeline-emerges-in-marine-wifes-mysterious-disappearance

The entrances aren't an hour away from each other. This map, which starts inside the base, says it's 17.5 miles, which means it's closer than that. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Jos...3a3af7acb76f8a7!2m2!1d-116.115804!2d34.296412

I wonder if there are any pictures of Erin smiling when her teeth are showing. That may be what a few peeps are reacting negatively to.
Usually peeps show their teeth in some pictures. If she's consciously trying not to show her teeth, her eyes may reflect that that's what
she's thinking about, if that makes any sense. Instead of being free, happy and in the moment, she may be worried about showing her teeth.

We talk about the darndest things on WS!
Good catch and very interesting. I had to go look and see if I could find a picture of her showing her teeth when smiling, but I couldn't.

If you Reply With Quote button then we can tell who you are addressing.
I didn't say her mother saw her last. I said they talked and asked who besides her husband saw her last.

I also said "if" you have the correct information timelines are helpful.

:pillowfight2:

Good luck with that! The quote button has been known to malfunction many times.

She told her mom she planned to go to Joshua Tree when she spoke to her on Friday.

As for having no description of her clothing, I'm not sure my husband could tell you what I was wearing on any given day unless I had fussed about the outfit. Actually, I just asked him. He totally would not be able to tell people what I was wearing. He'd guess jeans, my favorite color shirt and a brand of shoes. Nothing more specific.

BBM I've done the same experiment with my husband and he will pretty much guarantee he couldn't tell you what I was wearing most days, unless it really stood out for some reason. Something I threw on to go scouting out hiking trails and then to possibly go to a horse ranch would most likely not stand out unless I was way over-dressed for the occasion. The likely reply would be "jeans and a shirt... unless she was wearing shorts, in that case, shorts and a shirt." I try not to get too suspicious over not having good descriptions of what someone was last seen wearing, especially adults.

This whole case has me so worried for her. I haven't posted before on this thread but have been following. I'm just trying to think of any explanation that makes sense, preferably one with a happy ending for Erin.

True. Let's just stop speculating altogether. Erin Corwin is missing. She was supposedly going to JTNP. That's pretty much all we know.

We do know for sure her car was found, right?

True. Let's just stop speculating altogether. Erin Corwin is missing. She was supposedly going to JTNP. That's pretty much all we know.

Now come on, don't be like that. We also know she has parents and likes ponies. :)

The lack of information is seriously frustrating.

They probably do not know what she was wearing and it may not be easy to tell what is missing, if it is something basic. No point in giving out a wild guess.

Wish we knew where the car was found, so we could find out if there are cameras nearby. But a local would probably know that, although criminals are famously careless about stuff like that, Imo.

Yep - car was found. And, besides the fact that she's missing, that's pretty much all we know.

[modsnip]

Not last time I checked. But that doesn't change the fact that if I were missing, my husband wouldn't be able to tell you what I was wearing. He'd be able to describe my jewelry, but not my clothing. Unless he found one pair of my glasses, he wouldn't even be able to tell you what color glasses I was wearing. Some people just don't notice these things, especially on an average morning.

Hey Everybody - we don't discuss rumors. That is the type of info you keep in the back of your head until it breaks in MSM or LE reports. Rumors are NOT considered facts in a case.

Also - All MSM/LE reports say that the husband is cooperating. Any speculation directed at him needs to be backed up by a link. At this point in time, he is considered a victim, along with other family members.

Salem

Not last time I checked. But that doesn't change the fact that if I were missing, my husband wouldn't be able to tell you what I was wearing. He'd be able to describe my jewelry, but not my clothing. Unless he found one pair of my glasses, he wouldn't even be able to tell you what color glasses I was wearing. Some people just don't notice these things, especially on an average morning.

Pretty sure my husband couldn't describe one thing I was wearing outside of my home - besides my wedding ring.

I will also say that (and this means nothing, really) we are old and have been married a long time, but we text one another several times a day - just to let the other know we're thinking of them and love them.

I hope you get your miracle baby soon, blondgrl.

I'm hoping for some news on Erin in the morning. Sadly this seems like the kind if case that could drag out for months or years. :(

Thank you so much Kaliste! It means a lot to me! :tyou: :baby:

Pretty sure my husband couldn't describe one thing I was wearing outside of my home - besides my wedding ring.

I will also say that (and this means nothing, really) we are old and have been married a long time, but we text one another several times a day - just to let the other know we're thinking of them and love them.

I posted a list of links earlier in the thread regarding cell phone coverage issues in Twentynine Palms. Apparently, it varies from carrier to carrier and even from type of phone to type of phone. They could have been used to not hearing from each other if she was out exploring. There seem to be a fair number of dead zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ResortedOnce