GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this was pointed out earlier. But IMO, the car was within walking distance from the base. Perhaps someone drove it back and walked back on base. They are searching JT so perhaps the car was seen there before it was driven back to the spot near base. And the sheriff's release saying "no indication of her direction of travel" could mean it was found a little bit off the road in the dirt. All speculation, though.

TWENTYNINE PALMS -- There's still no trace of missing, expectant mother Erin Corwin.

It's been more than a week since she went missing from Twentynine Palms.

Very few people are searching for 19-year-old Erin Corwin Tuesday, but the Morongo Basin Captain tells us they will have many more searchers Wednesday looking in specific target areas.

http://www.kmir.com/story/25971035/police-discuss-search-for-erin-corwin

Erin's husband reported her missing Sunday morning.

"He believed he had to wait 24 hours to report a person missing," said Captain Mondary.

We asked if there were search efforts on the military base.

"At this point there are not, there are investigative leads that we are following, there are plans to again do some more target specific searches, but at this point in time we are not exclusively searching in the desert area of the bases."

Police told me at this time there is no evidence of foul play, but it unusual how she disappeared.

The search still includes parts of Joshua Tree National Park, and other specific locations -- they aren't telling us where-- in the Morongo Basin.

"Each night I go home a little dejected that we haven't found her, but we are continuing to look for her, and I am confident that we are going to find her," said Captain Mondary.

BBM- Areas around that horse ranch? I have to believe LE has video, cell phone pings, as well as tips from the public.

It's a little bit of a stretch, but there is public transportation within walking distance from where Erin's car was found that runs to the base. 1/2 mile walk from Valle Vista Road to Himalaya Plaza then pick up the 3A or 1 MBTA bus. Seems more plausible to take the bus than walk that far back if someone dropped off her car and needed to get back to the base.

The Morongo Basin Station is the third largest Sheriff's station in both area and total number of calls for law enforcement services in San Bernardino County. Within the station's area of responsibility are the incorporated communities of Twenty-nine Palms and the Town of Yucca Valley, as well as the unincorporated communities of Morongo Valley, Landers, Johnson Valley, Joshua Tree, Wonder Valley, Pioneertown, Amboy, Cadiz and Flamingo Heights.

http://cms.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/PatrolStations/MorongoBasin.aspx

FYI on the area MB encompasses. Note Yucca Valley, Erin used to work at Tractor Supply there ... Hmmnn.

This might have been linked earlier. Erin's mother-in-law did an interview.

http://www.kesq.com/news/marines-mother-breaks-silence-on-search-for-daughterinlaw/26857092

Excerpt:
"He can't speak out, his command has asked him to be quiet.. He feels helpless because he can't help with the search," says Braden.

Now we know they "asked him to be quiet." I hope they're spending at least as much effort searching for Erin as they are defending her husband against the crime that might not have been committed.

Ok now this makes sense. That is why I was asking who is taking over the investigation because there are two parties working at this. This is probably why NO information is getting out because the military is good at keeping everyone quiet.

2 hours ago

Hi everyone, please keep Erin and her family as well as the investigators and searches looking for her on your prayer lists tonight! We don't have any new updates but have spoken with detectives and they feel great about the progress of the investigation and the tips/leads they are receiving from the community. Thank you all for your support and concern for Erin! #locateerin
[url]https://www.facebook.com/LocateErin?ref=br_tf

[/URL]

We don't have any new updates but have spoken with detectives and they feel great about the progress of the investigation and the tips/leads they are receiving from the community. - Ok great! Now let the rest of us know will ya! lol

Interesting quote from the article, Corporal Randy Naquin, public affairs officer with the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department:

"If my wife didn't show up for dinner, I’d report her missing sooner but I don’t know what the family dynamic is between Erin and her husband," Naquin said. "I don't know if they were used to spending a lot of time apart. And I also don’t know if there were problems between Erin and her husband."

So Corporal Randy Naquin is clueless it seems. How come he doesn't know about what their relationship was like? Shouldn't he be asking? What we can take from it though is that Jon didn't try to call to report her missing until the next day. The military isn't giving him anything! I was wondering if he had tried but they told him he had to wait 24 hours but with that statement from Corporal Naquin it seems he didn't make that call. That always raises flags for me ONLY if they weren't fighting or had been spending more time apart. I don't know about you all but I always know where my partner is and it is mentally in check all the time. If my partner doesn't return a text/phone call within 4 hours, I know something is wrong...not the next day. I also wouldn't care about the protocol of waiting 24 hours. I would be raising hell. With cell phones the times have changed and if you can't get a hold of someone within a reasonable time that too is a red flag. Also it's not Little House on the Praire anymore with waiting for people to come home for dinner. You call them/text them.

I just don't get it. How is it that the Marines can find Bin Laden (in a foreign country) but law enforcement can't find Erin here on American soil? I say let the Marines take over the investigation! Argh!! I am so frustrated! :gaah:

The Marines did not find Bin Laden. Intelligence officials with the CIA and other intelligence agencies found him based on intelligence received from detainees at Guantanamo Bay. Then a special unit of the Navy SEALS conducted an operation that led to his death. Before the raid, intelligence officials watched a courier who made frequent deliveries to Bin Laden's compound. The operation took quite a long time.

TWENTYNINE PALMS -- There's still no trace of missing, expectant mother Erin Corwin.

It's been more than a week since she went missing from Twentynine Palms.

Very few people are searching for 19-year-old Erin Corwin Tuesday, but the Morongo Basin Captain tells us they will have many more searchers Wednesday looking in specific target areas.

they have to believe she is dead. casually saying there are very few searchers out on Tuesday, but many more searchers today, does not sound like finding her alive is a priority

"Entrances to the park are equipped with multiple surveillance cameras. Reached by telephone Tuesday, a Joshua Tree chief ranger declined to comment on whether Corwin had been spotted entering or exiting the park on surveillance"

http://www.cbs8.com/story/25971456/timeline-emerges-in-marine-wifes-mysterious-disappearance

Good morning all! I'm just getting caught up from last night so I apologize if there has been more info since.

What the he** is up with the above quote? They "decline to comment"? WHY? This whole case has been so frustrating, so little information. Why even bother bringing it to the media if you're going to give so few details. No one is talking, no one is answering questions. I understand that details have to be withheld to protect their case but this is just ridiculous. She's MISSING. They might as well tell us her favorite color, first pets name and what she puts on her cheeseburgers because that's about as helpful as the info they have been releasing. All we have heard is "This is Erin, she's missing. Her car was found and she may or may not have been to JTNP." Why so tight lipped?!?

All of these non answers lead me to believe this is a criminal investigation. *IMO IMO IMO* I think they have strong evidence she was the victim of a violent crime. Otherwise they would be asking for leads from the public and releasing basic details such as what she was wearing, condition if her car, last person BESIDES JC to see her and if/when she was caught on camera at JTNP. It's not just LE being so closed up either. If you so much as ask what Eric was wearing on the FB page you'll be banned. It's so weird. It's all just....weird.

This is honestly all just so frustrating and I truly help LE is being slightly more forthcoming with her family. And I apologize for the rant!

I've been thinking specifically about this search process for a long time as we all have. If they're looking for remains (either because she got disoriented and lost and succombed to the elements, or if she were murdered and hidden out there) I really can't imagine how they can find her with a search. It just seems impossible when you look at the terrain.

I've often thought that if you wanted to hide remains, hiding them in a very secluded stretch of beach - in the dunes - would be perfect. At Joshua Tree, it looks like they have miles and miles and miles of "dunes".

I really think, like with the Laura Bradbury missing child case out there, someone will just have to happen upon her remains in the coming years while they are out hiking. Or really, it is highly possible she'll never be found.

I am thinking though... not to be gruesome, but if she was dead, shouldn't there be buzzards flying around? In a wide open area, it should be easy to see the birds (and the birds to see her), no?

Thank you tvscum!!!!

Snipped From Link Above-

In dispatch radio traffic recorded at approximately 8:30 a.m. on Sunday, June 29, an unidentified deputy in the field is in communication with his sergeant.

“Hey Sarge, I made contact with the RP (reporting party) over the phone. He says his wife left yesterday around 0700 and was supposed to return 1600,” the deputy reported. “She has no family. They’re from Tennessee. She’s less than two months pregnant.”

At the time of the recording, Corwin had been missing for 16 hours. The deputy had just gotten off the phone with the pregnant woman’s husband, U.S. Marine Corporal Jonathan Corwin.The husband did not provide the deputy with a description of the clothing his wife was wearing when she disappeared, according to the radio audio.

At the time of the June 29 call, the deputy on the radio is already driving into Joshua Tree National Park to look for the young mother-to-be; but he is called off by his sergeant in favor of a much larger search effort.

“Okay, well, we have a myriad of park rangers and search & rescue volunteers for the national park that can go do what you're attempting to do; so come on back out of there and as soon as you get cell service give me a call,” the unidentified sergeant instructs the deputy.

On Monday, June 30, deputies located the missing wife’s 2013 Toyota Corolla just a couple blocks from the Marine base but more than eight miles from the Joshua Tree park entrance, her reported destination.

Based on the sheriff dispatch recordings, a timeline of Corwin’s disappearance emerges as follows:

http://www.cbs8.com/story/25971456/timeline-emerges-in-marine-wifes-mysterious-disappearance

The Marines did not find Bin Laden. Intelligence officials with the CIA and other intelligence agencies found him based on intelligence received from detainees at Guantanamo Bay. Then a special unit of the Navy SEALS conducted an operation that led to his death. Before the raid, intelligence officials watched a courier who made frequent deliveries to Bin Laden's compound. The operation took quite a long time.

....and lots and lots of money >.<

The only way LE's quiet makes sense is if this is a recovery operation and they're trying to get their ducks in a row to make an arrest. They can't have the public help because releasing the info they have might make their suspect run, and they need to have LE recover the body to preserve evidence.

I can't decide whether this tactic would work better on a suspect who is a member of the public, or a suspect who is very close to home. All IMO.

BBM I agree. This does make LE's actions make sense....unless you believe what they are telling the public....that they have zero evidence that a crime was committed, don't know for sure if Erin even made it into JT, and they have no person of interest. (????) I have read comments on articles in which people who live in the community haven't seen one single flier posted about her disappearance. If Erin wasn't expected home until 4pm that afternoon she could have gone to JT for an hour and gone anywhere else, running errands, etc. Why are they confident that she made it to JT and then never made it out of JT... and that a homicide occurred if they don't have anything placing her in JT and no evidence of a crime occurring? I hope LE at least was able to determine definitively from interviewing witnesses who may have travelled along the road that Erin's car was located if, indeed, it was there on Saturday and Sunday or if it happened to show up there closer to the time it was "found." I am completely perplexed as to WHY LE didn't ask for volunteers to help search for her and why there isn't more of a quest for information from anyone who may have seen her if they have zero evidence that a crime was committed.....unless they feel certain that she couldn't have been seen by anyone once she was outside of the gates of the base. I hope LE has more information than they are saying. I just don't know why they would intentionally put misinformation out to the media instead of just stating "no comment" or refusing an interview. :waitasec:

FYI on the area MB encompasses. Note Yucca Valley, Erin used to work at Tractor Supply there ... Hmmnn.

The horse rescue ranch someone mentioned on FB, then someone posted here, is also in Yucca Valley.

I am thinking though... not to be gruesome, but if she was dead, shouldn't there be buzzards flying around? In a wide open area, it should be easy to see the birds (and the birds to see her), no?

I used to think that too - that remains would be easy to spot after a couple days because of buzzards. Someone in another thread pointed out that almost nothing eats humans - and buzzards are apparently one of those animals that don't. It sure would make these searches quicker. :(

We know at least her car was at the park. That rules out a random stranger abducting her before she reached the park. There's no way a stranger would happen to go where she was already planning to go. We know she didn't get lost or injured at the park since her car can't drive itself out of the park. That leaves only two options. Either someone at the park did something to her or someone she knew did something to her before or during her trip to the park.

As others have stated, we DON'T know that her car was at the park that day. We do know that the entire search is focused inside of JT but, from what LE's spokesperson has stated, they have nothing that actually puts her in JT that day (????) We can assume they have a reason, other than just her husband's word on where she said that she was going that morning, that all of their energy is focused on searching in that area but LE has given us no other reason to believe they are searching there other than that is where her husband said she said she was going.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/0...earance-pregnant-military-spouse-erin-corwin/

Not sure if I can post this or not because it can be chalked up as gossip but I read a comment on one of the news articles that was interesting. So can I say read BECkle's comment? You have to go through a lot to get there but it was posted yesterday so not in today's comments. Around 13 hours ago is where it is.

I read the note, BECkle said they did inform LE. I don't think you can copy and paste, but maybe give the jist of the comment? I'm not sure what we can do here, all I know is comments aren't allowed (because I copied and pasted once and it was removed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025