GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/0...earance-pregnant-military-spouse-erin-corwin/

Not sure if I can post this or not because it can be chalked up as gossip but I read a comment on one of the news articles that was interesting. So can I say read BECkle's comment? You have to go through a lot to get there but it was posted yesterday so not in today's comments. Around 13 hours ago is where it is.

If any of Erin's friends do know some things about Erin that her husband doesn't, now is not the time to keep secrets. I hope they have told all they know.

When I read cases like this, I remember last year when my son's civic was stolen at a beach resort. While fishing from a pier at night, he somehow lost his keys. He and his friends searched for awhile, and then walked back to their run down obscure little hotel in a remote area about 5 miles down the beach. The next morning they discovered the car missing and reported it stolen. A month later the cops called us - the car had been found RIGHT NEXT to the hotel, with the keys in the driver side door. Electronic gadgets, expensive fishing gear, and cash were still in the car. It was out of gas and had a little sand in it. According to the cops the person who called in the suspicious car said it was parked there about two days after being stolen.

Inexplicable. I can't even fathom what was going on there - clearly someone found the lost keys, pushed the "boop" thing and rode off with the car in the morning. But if there had been a missing person/murder associated with this car theft, there is no way anyone would believe that the car ended up in this extremely obscure hotel by coincidence.

Sometimes, you just have to say well, that's weird. But it may not mean anything.

Can someone PM what the comment was since, once again, I can't see comments on the article? TIA!

As others have stated, we DON'T know that her car was at the park that day. We do know that the entire search is focused inside of JT but, from what LE's spokesperson has stated, they have nothing that actually puts her in JT that day (????) We can assume they have a reason, other than just her husband's word on where she said that she was going that morning, that all of their energy is focused on searching in that area but LE has given us no other reason to believe they are searching there other than that is where her husband said she said she was going.

I read a long time ago that police said her vehicle was spotted at the park. Did they change their story?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/0...earance-pregnant-military-spouse-erin-corwin/

Not sure if I can post this or not because it can be chalked up as gossip but I read a comment on one of the news articles that was interesting. So can I say read BECkle's comment? You have to go through a lot to get there but it was posted yesterday so not in today's comments. Around 13 hours ago is where it is.

DEFINITELY a rumor but also DEFINITELY very, very interesting.

they have to believe she is dead. casually saying there are very few searchers out on Tuesday, but many more searchers today, does not sound like finding her alive is a priority

If they thought she was out there lost they would have every volunteer searcher they could find. It's been incredibly hot the past week.

I read the note, BECkle said they did inform LE. I don't think you can copy and paste, but maybe give the jist of the comment? I'm not sure what we can do here, all I know is comments aren't allowed (because I copied and pasted once and it was removed).

I went and found the comment. This is exactly what his Aunt J. R. was alluding to on the Locate Erin facebook page, and that conversation has been deleted.

At the time of the June 29 call, the deputy on the radio is already driving into Joshua Tree National Park to look for the young mother-to-be; but he is called off by his sergeant in favor of a much larger search effort.

“Okay, well, we have a myriad of park rangers and search & rescue volunteers for the national park that can go do what you're attempting to do; so come on back out of there and as soon as you get cell service give me a call,” the unidentified sergeant instructs the deputy.

On Monday, June 30, deputies located the missing wife’s 2013 Toyota Corolla just a couple blocks from the Marine base but more than eight miles from the Joshua Tree park entrance, her reported destination.

Based on the sheriff dispatch recordings, a timeline of Corwin’s disappearance emerges as follows:

http://www.cbs8.com/story/25971456/timeline-emerges-in-marine-wifes-mysterious-disappearance

I am so confused! One story reads her car was found mere blocks from the military base, a different post on here says it was on Valle Vista Road between Condor Road and Utah Trail (which isn't really walking distance to the base). Anyone know FOR SURE where her car was foudn?

I read a long time ago that police said her vehicle was spotted at the park. Did they change their story?

I've never seen them say her vehicle was spotted in the park. There was a report called in from a ranger (who may have taken the report from a hiker, don't know) that there was a possible sighting of her on Saturday morning in the park. The thing is, she doesn't look unusual at all to me. She looks like a LOT of young women who might be out there.

I am so confused! One story reads her car was found mere blocks from the military base, a different post on here says it was on Valle Vista Road between Condor Road and Utah Trail (which isn't really walking distance to the base). Anyone know FOR SURE where her car was foudn?

No, and they won't tell us. I'm fairly certain it was on Valle Vista road, as that's been reported in media early on.

I used to think that too - that remains would be easy to spot after a couple days because of buzzards. Someone in another thread pointed out that almost nothing eats humans - and buzzards are apparently one of those animals that don't. It sure would make these searches quicker. :(

That's not true at all. I'll spare you all the gruesome details, link has some info if you choose to click.

https://www.google.com/search?q=di+...emains&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&spell=1

I believe it wasn't the main entrance to the base, but a side, rarely used gate ... or something like that.

That's not true at all. I'll spare you all the gruesome details, link has some info if you choose to click.

https://www.google.com/search?q=di+...emains&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&spell=1

Gross. :( So the question arises - why DON'T they eat remains when the remains are right there? We all know cases of people who go missing and are found a week later very near where they were searching. I've always thought it would be useful to watch vulture patterns, but they don't seem to always eat human remains. Leanne Beardon comes to mind -

IMO, BECKle's is repeating what they read on facebook. It was basically being hinted at by Jon's aunt. Which makes me suspicious of the claim right there. His aunt better be careful as instead of thinking a boyfriend is responsible, some might start to think finding out your wife is having an affair is motive to kill your wife.

No, and they won't tell us. I'm fairly certain it was on Valle Vista road, as that's been reported in media early on.

The SB Sheriff spokesperson really danced around giving a specific location in which the car was found, too. They are holding that information, along with any other information they may have, very close to the vest.

IMO, BECKle's is repeating what they read on facebook. It was basically being hinted at by Jon's aunt. Which makes me suspicious of the claim right there. His aunt better be careful as instead of thinking a boyfriend is responsible, some might start to think finding out your wife is having an affair is motive to kill your wife.

I agree. He's repeating things he's seen come and go on social media. It's amazing really, if you sit here on the computer and refresh refresh the things that come and go quickly in cyberspace without most people noticing! Where there's smoke, there's fire IMHO. When locals keep saying it, people who allude to knowing the person in the case, it becomes very believable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025