GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The statement from the Search Affadavit has always stuck with me...

Unfortunately, I think she may have been gravely injured, but possibly still alive when she was dumped into the mine. DA Ramos' statements re: the heinousness (or was it awfulness?) of the murder.

Yes. I'm leaning towards this theory as well. The Detectives believed even before finding the remains that Erin 'was injured and left at an undisclosed location, she would not be able to call for help'. Wonder how they came to that conclusion.

:blushing: um.....Maricopa County, Sheriff Joe's territory :floorlaugh: We don't have an Arapahoe county! But know exactly what you were referring to. It's all good!

Speaking of Joe ... I loved his comment re; Jodi Arias recently. It was regarding her need to have a specific visitor approved whom she needed to interview for trial. He said "Jodi Arias doesn't run the jails, I do".

I know he's controversial, but I LUV Arpio!!! Have you ever browsed Mugshots?
http://www.mcso.org/Mugshot/Default.aspx

:blushing: um.....Maricopa County, Sheriff Joe's territory :floorlaugh: We don't have an Arapahoe county! But know exactly what you were referring to. It's all good!

Thank you for correcting me.

Speaking of Joe ... I loved his comment re; Jodi Arias recently. It was regarding her need to have a specific visitor approved whom she needed to interview for trial. He said "Jodi Arias doesn't run the jails, I do".

I know he's controversial, but I LUV Arpio!!! Have you ever browsed Mugshots?
http://www.mcso.org/Mugshot/Default.aspx

BBM: No I haven't but I will when I get back from court for my lead-foot ticket. Thanks for the link AND the correction. I must've been thinking about Joe's name or something. Anyway - I LUV him too! All jails and prisons should be ran like his then maybe people would think twice before committing their crimes. Not likely - but maybe...

BBM: No I haven't but I will when I get back from court for my lead-foot ticket. Thanks for the link AND the correction. I must've been thinking about Joe's name or something. Anyway - I LUV him too! All jails and prisons should be ran like his then maybe people would think twice before committing their crimes. Not likely - but maybe...

They may think twice about coming back though, ITA!

Bernina, I had the same thought about a .22. CL obviously knew a lot about weapons and why he would have planned to use a .22 is beyond me.

Bernina, I had the same thought about a .22. CL obviously knew a lot about weapons and why he would have planned to use a .22 is beyond me.

My guess is because a .22 was obvious for whatever hunting they were supposed to do. He wouldn't have to hide it. EC wouldn't ask why he was carrying it with them, and it would make a great excuse to LE why it was in his car that day, since he did (one time, anyway) say he went out hunting alone. JMOO

What I am wondering is if he had an ATV in the back of his jeep? How did they get out to that mine location without one, since I read that one of the rescuers mentioned that is the only way to get to that mine.

My guess is because a .22 was obvious for whatever hunting they were supposed to do. He wouldn't have to hide it. EC wouldn't ask why he was carrying it with them, and it would make a great excuse to LE why it was in his car that day, since he did (one time, anyway) say he went out hunting alone. JMOO

What I am wondering is if he had an ATV in the back of his jeep? How did they get out to that mine location without one, since I read that one of the rescuers mentioned that is the only way to get to that mine.

They said four wheel drive, not an ATV. I assume CL's jeep was four wheel drive.

My first post to this thread (my second overall!). I have a lot of observations to make but sometimes that darn thing called life gets in my way. I am planning some R&R later this week and will try to put a cohesive post together.

Something that concerns me about the death penalty versus LWOP (at least here in CA) is that LWOP clearly doesn't mean life. Charles Manson et. al were given the death penalty, which was subsequently overturned and they were instead given LWOP. Every couple of years the Manson family members who were given LWOP come up for parole and go through hearings. While I don't think any of them have been paroled (including a parole request from one of the women who was terminally ill, and has since passed away), the possibility clearly exists. This also includes Charley himself, who has refused to got before the board on several occasions. So, again, the possibility of parole is there. This is really the main reason I prefer the DP option. I don't really care if they are executed or just eventually die in prison. I just want a guarantee they will stay in prison, and obviously LWOP cannot guarantee that. I agree with the comments that in CA it takes nothing short of divine intervention for execution to be carried out. In the few cases where execution has been carried out since I have lived in CA (40+) it has taken about 20 years to get there through the appeals process. I think the last execution that was carried out was a case of a man who killed 2 teenagers who were sitting in a canyon in the middle of the day eating some fast food and he just shot them without anything leading up to the decision he made to murder two "children." One of the boys was the son of a detective from the San Diego PD and they case was very clear cut, but it still took about 20 years for hat to happen. So, after all my rambling, I just want to be sure the

(OT: With new threads constantly opening, I now understand why people "mark their spot").
Just wanted to say that Manson was originally given the Death Sentence. It was during a period in the 70's when California did away with the Death Penalty that Manson was commuted to a Life Sentence. Not sure that it was LWOP. That's why he and his followers periodically come up for parole review. But his crimes were so heinous, and he has no remorse, that rest assured, he will NEVER be paroled.
If he had been originally sentenced to LWOP, then he wouldn't have parole hearings. I used to be Anti-DP until I realized that some people just deserve to die for their crimes- like the founder of the Cripps gang. I have zero sympathy for how he may have reformed. It's true that the DP in California is fraught with problems, which is why few have gotten executed in recent years, but they still have it worse on Death Row than the lifers. And they have it worse than prisons in Peru (where Joran Van Der Sloot managed to get conjugal visits and internet gambling) and Bali.

I still haven't found a place to watch live streaming of the arraignment. Anyone else have luck?

Brett Kelman ‏@TDSbrettkelman 19m
Journalists primed outside courtroom, ready for arraignment of Chris Lee, #erincorwin murder suspect. Will tweet updates ASAP. @MyDesert

Hm. I rarely watch that channel anyone, and now I have another reason not to watch, I guess. So, anyhooo, I concede, NL could have known about that case. I just don't think IM was being truthful. Don't think I'm by myself on that one. :)

I don't think she was being truthful, either. Though they may have been discussing Scott Peterson, they were also discussing Erin's disappearance and evidence of Erin's disappearance, etc. IM couldn't even keep HER OWN story straight in the audio interview she did, I doubt LE changed her words to fit their agenda, on the contrary, it appears the opposite is true.

Rich Tarpening ‏@Qassignmentdesk 1m
#erincorwin murder hearing is set to get underway. Jon Corwin is in court with friends awaiting Christopher Lee's arraignment. @kesq

i hvnt heard there will be a live feed do we have a live feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch