GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one huge benefit to the death penalty, in my opinion, is that while on death row he has very limited privileges versus general population. If he could sit in prison the rest of his life without any privileges then I'd be happy with LWOP. Personally, I think EVERY prisoner should be treated as they are in Arapahoe County, AZ. Pink underwear, green bologna, living in tents, no T.V., etc. Some prisoners live better than I do with all their amenities and privileges and to me that isn't what prison is all about. One thing I COMPLETELY disagree with is prisoners being allowed to get married. Chaps my arse! This is an entirely different thread and I'm sorry for my rant. :)

Rant away!

And I can't multi quote no matter how hard I try to follow the instructions. But the link back one page does not bring me to his case file on tapa talk, but it brings me to the search which is easy enough to do. OT: tapatalk pro seems to be so much better than the free version....although maybe there are no differences and it's all in my head LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speaking of rants, how long can it possibly take to get an autopsy done?? I've been checking this thing for days now. http://cms.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/MediaCenter/CoronerPressReleases.aspx it's insane. Been over a week now, they should at least have something. I don't get this attitude, it's like their own little club or something where only they get to know what's going on. They still haven't put back those scanner files, even though the cat is out of the bag on the whole Chris Lee is their suspect thing. Don't get me wrong thye did a great job of finding her and bringing her home, but they were assisted by the public and I think they would have more respect for that. We don't need to know everything, most wouldn't want to, but why keep us in the dark, with nothing?? sorry for MY rant. :)

BBM: Just so you know, not all deaths are listed on this site. I haven't yet figured out which ones make it and which don't. I have a friend that died a couple years ago (hanged himself) and another that died 2 weeks ago (heart attack) and neither were posted on this site.

The one way this works:
Even if NL hadn't heard of Scott Peterson, IM clearly would have. Perhaps NL was venting to her about the searches in general, and IM herself was the one to bring up Scott Peterson, and tell NL about him. Maybe she was even fishing for info to tell the police, and then regretted it herself because she realized it was out of context.
It could be that both of them have poor judgement, and nothing more.

Isabel can try and spin it the way she wants now but it all sounds fishy to me from every angle! I don't which is more bizarre...Nicole's original statement or this horse woman, who didn't appear to have a single moment of compassion for Erin, suddenly back-peddling. Her doing so has only made me take a closer look at Nicole's statement.

I'm not sure if my logic is flawed but she either died without feeling any pain (one shot and she was gone) or she suffered a lot...she died quite slowly from wounds and exhaustion. I don't think Chris would do that though. If he had a gun then why wouldn't he want the death to be quick and painless? It's so hard for us to not know what happened. It makes me very anxious. :(

I don't think we can assume CL had any compassion what so ever for Erin....the woman he murdered (while she was possibly pregnant with his child) and threw down a mine shaft to rot. He is a monster. Monsters feel no compassion and no real guilt. Oh he might be feeling some sort of guilt today...but it is only guilt that he was caught. That photo that was taken a few days after Erin's murder doesn't capture the face of a man sick with guilt over what he had done or the pain he was causing Erin's family and loved ones. The man standing in Anchorage court last week didn't show any outward signs of torment or regret over his actions.

The original report that said casings were found in the mine was hasty reporting (it was a tweet from the TDS reporter, and it actually said "according to the arrest warrant"): https://twitter.com/hashtag/erincorwin

In reality, the arrest warrant is unclear. It says the casings were found "at the scene", which could mean in the mine or up on the ground. It clearly said the rebar was found near the body. http://www.sbcountyda.org/Portals/8/PressReleases/2014/FMB1400414 Lee warrant and declaration.pdf

Another part that is unclear is that the arrest warrant says "casing(s)" at one point, but "the fired casing" (singular) at another point.

MOO: CL shot EC before putting her in the mine. He is a trained marine who precalculated how to dispose of her body; the image of him shooting 125 feet down in the dark in a "panic" as some have suggested doesn't sit well with me. He has been trained to get the job done, and clearly researched it. I don't see any scenario in which it would make sense that he "lost his nerve" or haphazardly shoved her then hoped that bullets hit her. Instead, I think he likely killed her with one clean shot, or even knocked her out with rebar first and then killed her (although I actually have a much more gruesome image of how the rebar was used in my head, related to the tire).

If there were additional casings (again, unclear), he may have just taken extra shots for good measure.

He may have been lousy at covering his tracks, but I can't see him not completing his gruesome task.

:(

I was just about to post the same thing! If the information in the article about the "spent bullets" found with Erin's body is accurate, it makes me thinks Jonathan meant physical pain.

For Erin's sake, I hope it was quick. It's too awful to fathom her laying injured but alive inside that mine.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...orwin-closure-now-erin-corwin-vigil/14606557/

Jon said, "Obviously, I hate the actions that he did. But I feel like, if I let him bring hatred to my mind every time I see him, he is just going to pull me down," Jonathan said Monday. "When I first figured out about the affair, and everything, he was still my next door neighbor. There was a part of me that wanted to go take care of him. But if I did that, I would be in the same boat as him — I would be a bad guy. And that is just not me."

That last sentence brought me to tears. God bless Jonathan Corwin.
BBM

Same here, misplacedT!

Speaking of rants, how long can it possibly take to get an autopsy done?? I've been checking this thing for days now. http://cms.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/MediaCenter/CoronerPressReleases.aspx it's insane. Been over a week now, they should at least have something. I don't get this attitude, it's like their own little club or something where only they get to know what's going on. They still haven't put back those scanner files, even though the cat is out of the bag on the whole Chris Lee is their suspect thing. Don't get me wrong thye did a great job of finding her and bringing her home, but they were assisted by the public and I think they would have more respect for that. We don't need to know everything, most wouldn't want to, but why keep us in the dark, with nothing?? sorry for MY rant. :)

Tvscum in the last thread posted this: "I requested the autopsy and was told it will not be released until the case is litigated. Likely, the coroner would be expected to testify about her cause of death at the preliminary hearing. It is possible the prosecutor could inform the judge about her cause of death at tomorrow's arraignment, but that usually only happens in bail review hearings. As I understand it, the special circumstances allegation of lying in wait make CL ineligible for bail. As a result, tomorrow's hearing should be a simple plea of not guilty and no new details will come out in court."

I'm not sure that's what she meant. If the red car were JC and LE out trying to find their spouses, they could have simply told LE that after the fact and it made sense, thus LE took the red car off the radar. If heartgoesout thought JC were involved, she wouldn't indicate that LE took the car off the radar.

BBM: Really, you think JC is involved? I'm surprised you think that. I don't think he was involved at all but that's just me. :)

Has anyone heard if any of the news stations will be broadcasting the hearing today live? I've been searching but haven't been able to find anything thus far. TIA

The one huge benefit to the death penalty, in my opinion, is that while on death row he has very limited privileges versus general population. If he could sit in prison the rest of his life without any privileges then I'd be happy with LWOP. Personally, I think EVERY prisoner should be treated as they are in Arapahoe County, AZ. Pink underwear, green bologna, living in tents, no T.V., etc. Some prisoners live better than I do with all their amenities and privileges and to me that isn't what prison is all about. One thing I COMPLETELY disagree with is prisoners being allowed to get married. Chaps my arse! This is an entirely different thread and I'm sorry for my rant. :)

Agree on all points! Still waiting (almost 25 years, and counting) for one particular monster sitting on Death Row in California to have his sentence carried out. Until he does, he writes poems and books, which are shared online for others to enjoy. His life is definitely much better than he deserves after what he did and the young lives he stole. (sorry, rant over.)

He seems like an intensely private person, so his silence makes makes sense.

For Jon's sake, as well as Erin's family, I hope Lee works out a plea deal. IMO, details of the affair and the potential for the defense to put Erin's character on trial will be difficult for her loved ones to sit through.

Seems to be plenty of physical & cirumstantial evidence linking Chris to her murder, hope his {pompous} attorney works out a LWOP quickly.

Has anyone heard if any of the news stations will be broadcasting the hearing today live? I've been searching but haven't been able to find anything thus far. TIA
What time is the hearing exactly

The statement from the Search Affadavit has always stuck with me...
It is highly likely Erin could have been harmed by an unknown firearm. Sometime after Erin left with Lee, her phone was de-activated (turned off). Detectives believe is Erin was injured and left at an undisclosed location, she would not be able to call for help

Unfortunately, I think she may have been gravely injured, but possibly still alive when she was dumped into the mine. DA Ramos' statements re: the heinousness (or was it awfulness?) of the murder

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/prosecutor-former-marine-murdered-comrades-wife/27620982

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1225468-1765-001.html

He seems like an intensely private person, so his silence makes makes sense.

For Jon's sake, as well as Erin's family, I hope Lee works out a plea deal. IMO, details of the affair and the potential for the defense to put Erin's character on trial will be difficult for her loved ones to sit through.

Seems to be plenty of physical & cirumstantial evidence linking Chris to her murder, hope his {pompous} attorney works out a LWOP quickly.

I agree, I don't want the family to have to go through anymore and they would if it goes to trial.

I hope he waves the prelim hearing too

For his little girls sake, he needs to just go away forever.

He is caught, LE has the evidence now just plead and hopefully The DA goes along with it LWOP and it's over with.

I keep looking haven't seen anything yet.

I agree completely. I am sick and tired of criminals being allowed to slander the reputations of their victims. I am sick of the excuses and justifications for horrendous crimes. And to think that many jurors accept their pathetic excuses and render less than appropriate punishments because of them. And to think that not only do criminals get their basic needs taken care of in prison but they also have groups rallying for them. To say that they abuse the Constitution is a gross understatement. What happened to accountability and personal responsibility? I cannot stand watching these criminals and lawyers picking apart the lives of the victims. This is why I'm less able to watch trials nowadays. I feel caught in a couple of them but not for entertainment purposes. (Listening to autopsy details and seeing the pained faces of the victims' families hardly qualifies as entertainment). I'm quite passionate about justice for those poor victims even though it robs me of my time and energy.

I hope this does not go to trial. I really do not want to hear the Defense argue about Erin's apparent moral deficiencies and how she 'had it coming'.

I just read z1077 will have a reporter in the courtroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member