GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if my logic is flawed but she either died without feeling any pain (one shot and she was gone) or she suffered a lot...she died quite slowly from wounds and exhaustion. I don't think Chris would do that though. If he had a gun then why wouldn't he want the death to be quick and painless? It's so hard for us to not know what happened. It makes me very anxious. :(

The autopsy will be able to reveal a great deal of this.
This trial is going to be horribly painful for her friends and family. I am praying for them.
I also believe there are more arrests to follow.

I think that we will be surprised at how much evidence LE has on CL, as we so often are once more details come out. Seems we often go through a phase here after an arrest, wondering if LE has enough, even when most people were already convinced the POI is the right person before the arrest. Jmo

Nicole could know about the Peterson case because they play that movie on the Lifetime channel all the time. Or maybe she's a web sleuther of cases like we all are. Who knows??? My channel pretty much stays on either Snapped episodes or the ID channel.

I feel really bad for Jon. Reading his interview was heartbreaking. I just can't imagine what he is going through. Probably sooo many emotions.

I wonder if he is going to attend the trial? I wouldn't blame him if he didn't tho. I hope if he does he has a good support system with him.

OT, Scott Peterson movie just ending on Lifetime now...

The autopsy will be able to reveal a great deal of this.
This trial is going to be horribly painful for her friends and family. I am praying for them.
I also believe there are more arrests to follow.

Followed a few cases here, and it having two people involved is just so difficult to comprehend. Every time I read this thread I think of the Heather Elvis case. SMH

I agree with the Occam's Razor theory. However, the simplest explanation, making only simple assumptions, is that the red car that was spotted in a remote area of the dessert, next to a murder victims car, by a seemingly reliable witness will turn out to be an oh wow moment.

BMM ~
I totally agree heartgoesout.
I still stand by my own assumption that the "small red car" AND the texts from Erin's friend in Tn. are what blew this case wide open.
These are two things that CL did NOT count on. I rest my case :gavel:

However, I DO NOT think JC was involved in any way.

Going off the end of thread 10. The witness MB specifically said a small, red, shiny brand new car like a KIA or Accent. Not a Jeep. No one in the civilized world can mistake a small sedan for a jeep. No way, no how. My 90 year old Grandma knows the difference.
So if the red car is not on the LE radar it is because they know who it was. Again, my opinion only, as I've said before it was JC and NL.

BBM: Really, you think JC is involved? I'm surprised you think that. I don't think he was involved at all but that's just me. :)

What about the rebar? Where does it come into play? They were very quick to rule homicide so I think Its a combination, beat with rebar, shot, thrown in mine and burned somewhat, sadly. We know all that to be part of the evidence though so very likely.
I'm not sure if my logic is flawed but she either died without feeling any pain (one shot and she was gone) or she suffered a lot...she died quite slowly from wounds and exhaustion. I don't think Chris would do that though. If he had a gun then why wouldn't he want the death to be quick and painless? It's so hard for us to not know what happened. It makes me very anxious. :(

(sorry for all my rapid back to back posts.. catching up)

I agree with you here. Realistically the odds of him actually getting the DP and having it carried out in California are so slim, I'd almost rather see him plead out as long as "LWOP" MEANS "LIFE without parole " and not some creative variation if he's a "good boy" in prison. He might get sentenced to the DP but odds are he'd die in prison before it'd ever be carried out. If it's cheaper to just let him sit and rot in jail I'm fine with that, as long as he stays there. All IMO.

The one huge benefit to the death penalty, in my opinion, is that while on death row he has very limited privileges versus general population. If he could sit in prison the rest of his life without any privileges then I'd be happy with LWOP. Personally, I think EVERY prisoner should be treated as they are in Arapahoe County, AZ. Pink underwear, green bologna, living in tents, no T.V., etc. Some prisoners live better than I do with all their amenities and privileges and to me that isn't what prison is all about. One thing I COMPLETELY disagree with is prisoners being allowed to get married. Chaps my arse! This is an entirely different thread and I'm sorry for my rant. :)

It is part of my job to analyze words and these stuck out to me from the interview with JC: "She is in a better place, in no more pain." I wonder if he meant physical pain, as in thinking she suffered, or emotional pain related to the affair, pregnancy or marital difficulties.
I wondered that, too. Because it doesn't seem (from what we know) she was in any pain before. Although, maybe he meant the pain of being lonely while he's gone all the time. But I don't think that's what he was referring to...sigh. MOO

The one huge benefit to the death penalty, in my opinion, is that while on death row he has very limited privileges versus general population. If he could sit in prison the rest of his life without any privileges then I'd be happy with LWOP. Personally, I think EVERY prisoner should be treated as they are in Arapahoe County, AZ. Pink underwear, green bologna, living in tents, no T.V., etc. Some prisoners live better than I do with all their amenities and privileges and to me that isn't what prison is all about. One thing I COMPLETELY disagree with is prisoners being allowed to get married. Chaps my arse! This is an entirely different thread and I'm sorry for my rant. :)

Speaking of rants, how long can it possibly take to get an autopsy done?? I've been checking this thing for days now. http://cms.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/MediaCenter/CoronerPressReleases.aspx it's insane. Been over a week now, they should at least have something. I don't get this attitude, it's like their own little club or something where only they get to know what's going on. They still haven't put back those scanner files, even though the cat is out of the bag on the whole Chris Lee is their suspect thing. Don't get me wrong thye did a great job of finding her and bringing her home, but they were assisted by the public and I think they would have more respect for that. We don't need to know everything, most wouldn't want to, but why keep us in the dark, with nothing?? sorry for MY rant. :)

My heart hurts for Jon. I pray that he eventually learns to move on with his life. I hope he knows that none of this is his fault--not the murder, not the affair.

Speaking of the affair I do hold both Erin and Chris equally responsible. Erin was old enough to know the difference between right and wrong. She still sounds like a lovely young woman though. She deserved to have some time to think things through and do whatever was best for her and her baby. It really does take as you say, 'a special kind of monster' to murder a pregnant woman. It's beyond cruel. And if Nicole, being a mother, was okay with her husband murdering a mother-to-be then I despair for the human race.

Excellent, excellent post! :loveyou:

I know this post will fall randomly, but I have been following along all along as I do many cases, but haven't posted much. It's regarding iPhones and text messages. And now that I say this I can't even remember if she had an iphone! But Jennifer Huston did so I wish I knew it when she was missing.

Anyway. I recently had an iphone break in that it was shattered and not fixable. While waiting for my new iphone to arrive from online I was wondering what I could recover from the broken phone beforehand. This was an older iphone that didn't have a SIM card. I knew that once the new phone arrived I could just sign into my icloud and whatever I had synced would magically appear. But I wasn't sure what I had backed up to the cloud because on my ipad I don't back everything up. Anyway I started looking around online and I used this recovery program called wondershare iphone doctor. Without even plugging in the broken iphone I was able to recover many things from my icloud account with just the Apple ID and password. I was able to see every single text message (actual messages not just the numbers) that I sent for the last three years! And the replies. Along with this I was able to recover all my photos and there was a separate folder for photos sent to me in text messages as attachments. So other peoples photos too even if I didn't save them to my camera roll. All my safari data was there including my bookmarks and any deleted pages that had been once bookmarked. And the contacts list was broken down into two sections: current contacts and deleted contacts. All my notes both deleted and current were also there.

All that said I was amazed at what I could get with just the Apple ID and password. It brought up a list of the last 3 icloud backups. I thought to myself this was such a good tool if someone were to go missing and were waiting on the police to get the recovered data or text messages. Or for a family member to use if need be while trying to find clues as to where or who someone is with. It had so much more than the icloud.com had. If you have an apple product you know what I'm talking about. This is where you go to see your synced data and use the find my iphone/ipad tool from a computer. This software brought up TONS more than the icloud website ever did.

Obviously if someone doesn't back up to the cloud this is useless without the actual phone. And since I did back up regularly I'm not sure what would have shown up on my actual phone that had been deleted? I might have to test this out by turning the icloud off and seeing if deleted stuff can be recovered with this software when you plug the phone in and use the software that way.

Edited to say: OH MY GOSH. I meant to post this in kristys thread! I know they have her phone, but wasn't sure if it was an iphone and if it was stuff could be deleted by her, but still very much recoverable if they know her password. And even if not the phone can be plugged right into the computer and run the software that way. I'm on an ipad... Gheesh not sure if I will be able to move this over to her thread. I better ask if she had an iphone first. Sorry for the long post !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is part of my job to analyze words and these stuck out to me from the interview with JC: "She is in a better place, in no more pain." I wonder if he meant physical pain, as in thinking she suffered, or emotional pain related to the affair, pregnancy or marital difficulties.

That stuck out to me as well. Seems there was a lot going on in this young girls head. I too, hope she is resting peacefully.

What about the rebar? Where does it come into play? They were very quick to rule homicide so I think Its a combination, beat with rebar, shot, thrown in mine and burned somewhat, sadly. We know all that to be part of the evidence though so very likely.

BBM: Any or all of this may or may not be true, however, my mind will not allow me to process this. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch