GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm good points. I hadn't looked that close. I still have a lot to learn in this sleuthing thing

You may find, in time, that helping in other cases is good therapy. A caring comes for those we discuss. Like I said in my post for reasons for being on here, it's kind of a pay it forward feeling of helping someone else. :) Being in this situation is not something many go through. It's a place to come together and albeit your experiences through this may help another family.

By no means do I want anyone to think that Erin was prefect. We all make mistakes. She was a great kid. As a family we have been talking about the media or CL attorney trying to dig up dirt on her. Everyone's response has pretty much been the same "go ahead and try to find dirt on her. There is no dirt to find"

We all love Jon and are very proud to say he is a Marine. That he is willing to do what it takes to help us enjoy the life so many of us take for granted.

Were we concerned about Erin going across country from all her family and friends? Yes who wouldn't be. We loved both of them. We did everything we could to support them and help Erin prepare for the next chapter in her life

CL's attorney would be better served focusing on a compelling plea bargin vs. trying to discredit a beautiful young teen and her BABY who were (allegedly)SLAIN by CL.
Jurors don't take kindly to speaking ill of a slain young teen and precious baby. That pathetic attempt to deflect blame to Erin simply won't work. That's like saying a rape is justified when a woman wears a short skirt.

CL should start wrapping his ahead around this eternity :jail:
And ask God for forgiveness or suffer for eternity

ALL OPINION

CL's attorney would be better served focusing on a compelling plea bargin vs. trying to discredit a beautiful young teen and her BABY who were (allegedly)SLAIN by CL.
Jurors don't take kindly to speaking ill of a slain young teen and precious baby. That pathetic attempt to deflect blame to Erin simply won't work. That's like saying a rape is justified when a woman wears a short skirt.

CL should start wrapping his ahead around this eternity :jail:
And ask God for forgiveness or suffer for eternity

ALL OPINION

And seriously, how much "dirt" could they have on a 19 year old shy, naive, animal-loving young woman? As you said - what a pathetic attempt to deflect blame.

Even if the jury was made up of all nun's, there is no "dirt" that would matter.

Truthbeknown, it has been reported that there may be more arrests coming. In your opinion do you think that is still a possibility?

If the evidence all points to CL, the defense will do more harm than good in trying to blacken Erin's name, and just look foolish and unprofessional. I can more likely see trying to pass her death off as a "gun accident" for example and try to show CL as a silly, inexperienced young man who panicked and hid her body. We already saw the "cowlick hairdo" trying to make him look like a six-year old Imo. But that won't work either, with an experienced military man as the suspect.

Do we know if he ever served in a combat area? Is that going to come up as a possible defense? He has "forgotten" that entire day, i.e or blacked out?

Truthbeknown, it has been reported that there may be more arrests coming. In your opinion do you think that is still a possibility?

Unless they have immunity, I think it's a certain in one degree or another. Accessory, obstruction, something like that.
Even thought I'm no truthbeknown, I just couldn't help responding! I'm so disturbed my this case and want to see ALL participants in the crime prosecuted.

If the evidence all points to CL, the defense will do more harm than good in trying to blacken Erin's name, and just look foolish and unprofessional. I can more likely see trying to pass her death off as a "gun accident" for example and try to show CL as a silly, inexperienced young man who panicked and hid her body. We already saw the "cowlick hairdo" trying to make him look like a six-year old Imo. But that won't work either, with an experienced military man as the suspect.

Do we know if he ever served in a combat area? Is that going to come up as a possible defense? He has "forgotten" that entire day, i.e or blacked out?

BBM His overseas deployments have been posted in previous threads.

Maybe he was smart, charming, emotionally and physically there for her. Things she liked and needed. Could be that he was just stupid when it came to emergency situations (ie: cover up)

He is far from smart. Being in a relationship with someone that obviously many folks were aware of and then taking that person's life to cover it up is, in my opinion, not the least bit smart. What?, did he not think he would be one of the prime suspects. Not only do I think he lacks intelligence, I don't think all the lights are on. This may be a terrible thing to say, and I may get a time out, but the mind set of some in this newer generation is beyond comprehension. Are some of them so self-absorbed they get past total self-gratification regardless the cost to others. I'm sorry I'm on my soap box, but some of the things I see happening now days defies logic. Marines are suppose to have character, honor and discipline. Where the "blank" did that go in this situation? I'll shut up now. Peace to all.

truthbeknown, I know first hand that the family is given information sometimes at the end of the day/next day when LE has a chance to call and report what's going on. To this day, 7 years later, there is still information that we are just finding out. The family sometimes is not privy to ALL info. Do you find that to be the case with you?

That's pics of someone else, M**t, also military, who moved to Washington (per pics).

Sorry, I have no idea how I got it in my head it was CL. The scary part is I don't drink or do drugs, no excuse.

truthbeknown, I know first hand that the family is given information sometimes at the end of the day/next day when LE has a chance to call and report what's going on. To this day, 7 years later, there is still information that we are just finding out. The family sometimes is not privy to ALL info. Do you find that to be the case with you?

We know very little of the details of the investigation by choice. If we don't know details then we can't accidentally say something that shouldn't be shared. Keeping the investigation and case from being compromised. We don't need details for the detectives to be able to do their jobs. Like I said this was our choice.

I wanted to know all the details. I wanted to know that the accused was the right person. Thanks again for being open to answering questions!

We know very little of the details of the investigation by choice. If we don't know details then we can't accidentally say something that shouldn't be shared. Keeping the investigation and case from being compromised. We don't need details for the detectives to be able to do their jobs. Like I said this was our choice.

You stated earlier that you were reading here initially to see if anything was being said by us that could compromise the investigation. You have referred to it again ^^^^^. Is that a major concern of Erin's family???

I think the reason NL, and possibly the ranch owner, haven't been arrested is because one or both have agreed to turn state's evidence, or are in negotiations for such. NL seems like the kind of cat who'd waive spousal privilege in a heartbeat to save her own *advertiser censored*. JMO.

I think the reason NL, and possibly the ranch owner, haven't been arrested is because one or both have agreed to turn state's evidence, or are in negotiations for such. NL seems like the kind of cat who'd waive spousal privilege in a heartbeat to save her own *advertiser censored*. JMO.

Isn't it up to CL whether she's allowed to testify against him or not? Or was I completely confused during that discussion (which is entirely likely). I got the impression it wasn't her choice, more his, which really kind of freaked me out.

ETA: discussion here, not anything I saw/heard elsewhere.

Agree 100%

Truthbeknown, I admire you for joining as a verified insider and being willing to discuss certain issues with us. I could never imagine the shoes your family must be walking in through all of this. All of us are here because we simply were touched in one way or the other by Erin. She will never be forgotten and I speak for many in that I am sure your family will remain in our prayers until we finally see the justice that Erin and baby Erin deserve! Could you clarify when the texts were sent to JT from Erin? Not a specific timeframe but like were they sent that Sat morning? Some rumors had it was a few days before and some said that morning so just wondering if that was able to be clarified without harming justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver