GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm unable to shake off my suspicion that NL was indirectly/directly involved in the murder of Erin. There is something called 'normal behaviour' but so far I haven't seen an inkling of it from NL. In the very best case scenario, she wasn't involved at all but feels that Erin 'got what she deserved'. Saying 'no body, no crime' shows a great deal of apathy towards the victim. If I, as a normal human being, were in her situation I'd be crying day and night. And if I were to talk about the case then I'd say that I was really sorry for the victim and that my husband is innocent. 'Bodies, cases, crimes, Scott Peterson' Aye Yai Yai, that's not normal in my opinion. In the worst case scenario, she was involved right from the start.

Honestly, we don't know if she has been crying all day and night. Or she could handle grief in her own way--we all do it differently.
I've been of the opinion that NL was not part of the crime, though may have panicked as soon as she became aware of it. I will not be surprised if it comes out that she has been helping LE; part of this is that she led them to the .22, and I just can't think of any reason she wouldn't have just said "huh, I don't know where it is."

It is possible to love and hate someone at the same time, and if she is innocent, I cannot even imagine what she is going through. It's not just that CL is her husband, he is also the father of their child. His heinous act has not only taken EC's life, but it has forever altered that of their little girl.

I'm unable to shake off my suspicion that NL was indirectly/directly involved in the murder of Erin. There is something called 'normal behaviour' but so far I haven't seen an inkling of it from NL. In the very best case scenario, she wasn't involved at all but feels that Erin 'got what she deserved'. Saying 'no body, no crime' shows a great deal of apathy towards the victim. If I, as a normal human being, were in her situation I'd be crying day and night. And if I were to talk about the case then I'd say that I was really sorry for the victim and that my husband is innocent. 'Bodies, cases, crimes, Scott Peterson' Aye Yai Yai, that's not normal in my opinion. In the worst case scenario, she was involved right from the start.

Wow. NL has been busy on pinterest in the past 24 hours. She is clearly trying to send a message to someone. I wonder if it is to us at WS/the public, or to herself and her loved ones? This is fascinating.

http://www.pinterest.com/nmazing/pins/

ETA: note that the "comment" directed at one of the pages is different than the comments of the same thing she posted on three different pages. There is no doubt in my mind that she is trying to tell the world here that she is innocent and CL is not. I can't help but believe her.

I agree with you RSC. We do not know if Nichole has been crying day and night and we really do not know what she is doing.
Whether or not she is involved in this heinous killing, her life is changed forever and so is her child's life. I personally do not feel that she was
part of the killing but I do think she found out about if after the fact. Hopefully, she is helping LE. Think of her though, if she is innocent,
how tormented she is right now and having to carry on with life. She may be having to hold down a job while all of this is going on.
If she is not innocent, let her rot in hell with her husband.

Sorry to quote myself, but I am just fascinated by this. I may give too much weight to social media, but I think it paints a picture of her that she is willing to let the world see. All along her pinterest account has been what makes me think she didn't do this, and that she has been angry and sad--but that CL gets the blame. If she had just started the account and the posts I wouldn't think this, but going back in time it paints a pretty clear picture of what she went through as a wife.

The one that made me wary from a few days ago was the fire one, but if I had to guess it's a sad statement on the fact that EC's life has been taken by CL and that NL's life has forever been changed (will need to be rebuilt from this point forward). This is all the more poignant if it is true that (as some suspect) there was an actual fire involved.

Wow. NL has been busy on pinterest in the past 24 hours. She is clearly trying to send a message to someone. I wonder if it is to us at WS/the public, or to herself and her loved ones? This is fascinating.

ETA: note that the "comment" directed at one of the pages is different than the comments of the same thing she posted on three different pages. There is no doubt in my mind that she is trying to tell the world here that she is innocent and CL is not. I can't help but believe her.

I've been of the opinion that NL was not part of the crime, though may have panicked as soon as she became aware of it.

So, is the before or after she purportedly told the ranch owner the body would never be found?

Honestly, we don't know if she has been crying all day and night. Or she could handle grief in her own way--we all do it differently.
I've been of the opinion that NL was not part of the crime, though may have panicked as soon as she became aware of it. I will not be surprised if it comes out that she has been helping LE; part of this is that she led them to the .22, and I just can't think of any reason she wouldn't have just said "huh, I don't know where it is."

It is possible to love and hate someone at the same time, and if she is innocent, I cannot even imagine what she is going through. It's not just that CL is her husband, he is also the father of their child. His heinous act has not only taken EC's life, but it has forever altered that of their little girl.

You're right. She maybe crying day and night. She probably is considering her situation. What I actually meant to say is that an innocent person might be too perturbed to think about how the recovery of bodies affects cases. And, although it is true that people grieve in many different ways, her talk about never finding the victim's body is just too bizarre to cast aside as an innocent slip of the tongue.

WOW... that cannot be just a "random" post/pin

I agree. Particularly since she posted it in 4 different places, and had a totally different message for the one she pinned on the "husband" board. It seems like she is saying that she has integrity and he does not, IMO...
(whether it is actually true, I have no idea)

WOW... that cannot be just a "random" post/pin

I don't know anything about how pinterest works. Why does that quote link to "best friends for life, husband and wife?"

Great question. IMO, if IM told an accurate story to LE, then my assumption is that NL already knew about it at this point, and was panicked (and perhaps really, really angry at CL).

I could certainly be wrong. But with the information I have so far, this is what sits the best for me. Particularly since LE has not arrested her, which really leads me to believe that she is cooperating for immunity.

So, is the before or after she purportedly told the ranch owner the body would never be found?

You create different "boards" on pinterest, so look in the upper left corner where there is a tab that says boards (21) and click on that to get an idea of how she sorted things. When you click on each "pin" you can see when it was pinned, so you get a timeline. During march/april/may, she was pinning a ton of things about forgiveness, marriage, etc.

I don't know anything about how pinterest works. Why does that quote link to "best friends for life, husband and wife?"

I suddenly feel the need to use Pinterest even though I've tried previously and it drove me about insane trying to figure it out.

I always found it fascinating that CL was ok with killing a child of his in order to keep being the father of another one.

There has been much discussion regarding NL’s reaction to the affair and if she may be involved in the crime. Here’s my opinion as a married man. If I were in JC shoes, I feel I would be upset that it happened, obviously. Disappointed with my wife’s decision to get involved with someone. There would be serious anger directed at CL because he was a “friend” and I regard that as a serious breach of thrust. That’s where the majority of my anger would be placed. I would definitely discuss it with him and violence would only surface it he was indignant about it. People make mistakes.
As for my spouse, I would not let a single incident ruin my marriage. If she regretted it happened, and we could talk it out, its water under the bridge. Let it go. Again, people make mistakes.
Before any gentlemen jump on me, we have been married 45 years and I’m not going to wreck that for a silly affair. A lifetime together warrants much more consideration than loosing my head over an incident.
JC appears to be wise way beyond his years. His reactions show respect for his marriage and his commitment to it and his wife, regardless. I not sure I had reached that level of maturity at that age. Age brings wisdom, but in his case he appears to be way ahead of the game.
PS: EC paid a terrible price for a bad decision. This should not have happened to her and any reference to that idea needs to be re-thought!

Hi All. I have been "lurking" for awhile. I had found my way to WS rather easily and read about previous cases in the past. I am sure you are all well aware of how easy it is to find your way here. I am very invested in this case. I didn't hear about it until August. I am a military spouse with an active duty husband. I moved to the high desert in July this year. I have been in the behavioral health field for many years. One of my favorite things to do is hike. My husband and I went to JTNP sometime in July and it actually gave me the creeps- I refused to hike there. I don't know why, it was before I knew about Erin. Anyway, just a little background about me:)
I felt compelled to post today after seeing comments about NLs pintrest. I have been checking her pintrest from the start. Her recent pins do not show me that she is innocent. They show me that she found her way here to WS and is trying to manipulate the thoughts of others. It is so clear- putting the same pin on several boards?!?! I have spent my career working with criminals as well as those with mental illness. I can't begin to tell you the lengths that people will go to in order to manipulate. I will not be surprised to see a champion or two for her cause show up here as well.:stop: I don't KNOW if NL is guilty of anything or not. I do believe she put that negative energy out there at the very least.
I really hope it takes more than a few "pins" to sway a jury. Let's just keep in mind she knows people are watching and she will show you what she wants you to believe.

We are a victim friendly forum. We also require that you treat verified members with respect. You don't have to agree with everything, nor do you have to agree with choices the victim made. But you do have to consider other members when you voice your disagreement and post with respect.

Bad choices are not a reason for murder.

Salem

A million thanks, Salem.

We are a victim friendly forum. We also require that you treat verified members with respect. You don't have to agree with everything, nor do you have to agree with choices the victim made. But you do have to consider other members when you voice your disagreement and post with respect.

Bad choices are not a reason for murder.

Salem

Thanks for your thoughtful post. I absolutely agree with everything, including that my very first thought was that NL's post from yesterday was specifically directed at the WS community. Whether she is innocent and trying to show this or guilty and trying to sway us is indeterminate at this point.

But my opinion re: not thinking she will be convicted of anything currently holds, and stems from:
1. Earlier pinterest posts which would have been character statements PRIOR to EC's disappearance
2. The fact that she led LE to the .22, which I think was significant.
3. The fact that LE has not made an arrest--I think they have a ton of evidence at this point, and if she were going to be implicated they would have already done so

I DO still think that she very likely knew or at least suspected immediately after, thus the comments to IM. My belief at this point is that she has been cooperating with police.

That said, I could still go either way once more evidence is released. For me, I think I just truly hope she is innocent--but I will be the first to admit I am wrong if need be :(

Hi All. I have been "lurking" for awhile. I had found my way to WS rather easily and read about previous cases in the past. I am sure you are all well aware of how easy it is to find your way here. I am very invested in this case. I didn't hear about it until August. I am a military spouse with an active duty husband. I moved to the high desert in July this year. I have been in the behavioral health field for many years. One of my favorite things to do is hike. My husband and I went to JTNP sometime in July and it actually gave me the creeps- I refused to hike there. I don't know why, it was before I knew about Erin. Anyway, just a little background about me:)
I felt compelled to post today after seeing comments about NLs pintrest. I have been checking her pintrest from the start. Her recent pins do not show me that she is innocent. They show me that she found her way here to WS and is trying to manipulate the thoughts of others. It is so clear- putting the same pin on several boards?!?! I have spent my career working with criminals as well as those with mental illness. I can't begin to tell you the lengths that people will go to in order to manipulate. I will not be surprised to see a champion or two for her cause show up here as well.:stop: I don't KNOW if NL is guilty of anything or not. I do believe she put that negative energy out there at the very least.
I really hope it takes more than a few "pins" to sway a jury. Let's just keep in mind she knows people are watching and she will show you what she wants you to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13