GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing catchup (it seems like I'm always doing that with this case) and just wanted to say...
Truthbeknown, thank you so much for joining us. Our hearts, thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I can't think of much that's more tragic and heartbreaking than to lose a loved one in the manner you did. So many things I've read about Erin really remind me of, well, me. For most of us posters, not an hour goes by that we don't think of her and this tragedy (that's not an exaggeration) and so please don't take to heart some of the things you have read. We feel it's our job as Websleuthers to tear into a case and question every single aspect of the individuals involved and how they fit into the puzzle. We would love any insight you can give and again, thank you for joining us. :tyou:

Is anyone with me in thinking that IM is very scatterbrained? I am so on the fence with her and could fall either way. Is she completely innocent, just overwhelmed, or did she know more? :fence:

If she doesn't already have a lawyer, she needs one. IMO.

Thank you!! I find it disturbing that she's added new pins in the last two hours. If my husband was in jail, I can't say Id be home browsing Pinterest.

Yes, well how does the discerning and fashion wise woman wear her hair to a murder trial, after all?
Does sound rather odd, to say the least. But then again, everything about this CL couple is sounding odd to me right now.

ha.. I've learned some strange things on WS but I never expected "how to use Pinterest" to be one of them. (thank you, though! I'm catching on)

I am deeply sorry for your loss. Thank you for giving us a better picture of Erin. From the beginning, I thought she looked such a sweet, innocent young lady. More than ever, I believe CL took advantage of her.

I totally agree. She was very young and had very little experience with men. Well, with evil men. She had been in a long term on and off relationship with a good hearted man who loved her. So I think it was unthinkable, in her mind, that this new man could be so utterly, coldhearted and callous and cruel. So tragic and heartbreaking for her family. :rose:

I totally agree. She was very young and had very little experience with men. Well, with evil men. She had been in a long term on and off relationship with a good hearted man who loved her. So I think it was unthinkable, in her mind, that this new man could be so utterly, coldhearted and callous and cruel. So tragic and heartbreaking for her family. :rose:

I totally agree. I don't think she was 'stupid' but I think she may have been naive, especially about what a man who "loved" her (in her mind anyway) could or might do. When dating at that age I remember having this 'ick' feeling in the pit of my stomach a few times and also the "whew, home!" feeling later. I feel like she was robbed of so many things but one was the chance to get that "whew home!" feeling, and then some time to sort out whatever else she needed to sort out.

I hate to jump back in to theories since truthbeknown just joined but I have 2 questions that I've wanted to ask for weeks. Hope you all won't mind and if it's out of line, tell me and I will delete.

1. One of early articles after Erin's body was recovered stated that the mine was "technically accessible by road," giving me the impression that ordinary vehicles, including 4x4s would have problems reaching the area. That would leave specialized military vehicle or helicopter (very unlikely, IMO), horseback or a dune buggy (of which the latter seems most likely to me. I don't know enough about horses and deserts to comment on that possibility.)
In her interview with People Magazine, IM specifically stated that CL liked taking out the ranch's dune buggy.
Has anyone else given much thought to how Erin ended up near that mine?

2. Is it possible NL set up the "pregnancy celebration" with EC via text from CL's cell phone? And by extension, killed EC herself to frame CL?
I have a little experience with being the scorned wife and I know some crazy ideas can run through your mind. NL seems like she could convince CL she did it for him and their family and he'd better get with the program and get rid of that body where it could never be found or recovered or he would be the one arrested.

I'm having problems moving past the idea that NL is pulling all the strings regarding all of this - with IM, CL, possibly many others. Her mouth. Seriously, with an ally like that, who needs enemies?

Again, I apologize for jumping into the middle of this with my unusual theories. I have read along through all of the EC threads and these notions are driving me a little batty.

Yes, well how does the discerning and fashion wise woman wear her hair to a murder trial, after all?
Does sound rather odd, to say the least. But then again, everything about this CL couple is sounding odd to me right now.

I'm totally anti-NL and think she's into cover up of the crime up to her eyeballs, however those two pins regarding braiding hair are obviously for a child. It appears she was looking at how to braid her little girl's hair, not her own. I seriously don't see anything wrong with those two pins.

I'm totally anti-NL and think she's into cover up of the crime up to her eyeballs, however those two pins regarding braiding hair are obviously for a child. It appears she was looking at how to braid her little girl's hair, not her own. I seriously don't see anything wrong with those two pins.

The braid pins didn't bother me. The "women from fire" one I could even understand, as in being a strong woman. But I confess, the "demon" one, that one bothered me. But I could just be touchy. I certainly don't know what's in NL's heart or why she posted that. MOO

The braid pins didn't bother me. The "women from fire" one I could even understand, as in being a strong woman. But I confess, the "demon" one, that one bothered me. But I could just be touchy. I certainly don't know what's in NL's heart or why she posted that. MOO

Agreed!!

It was the time factor for me. Lots of hours for something to go wrong. If the reports had said the early morning hours, I wouldn't have raised an eyebrow. Moonbeams, is there a lot of traffic there now? When we explored JTNP, which was quite often, we wouldn't see another vehicle. Anyway, that's what brought my attention to the case.....because I remembered what it was like then, and I remembered the heat.

It's picking up, it's the beginning of their busy season. In the summer, in the early a.m., it's not unusual to see no cars or perhaps just the maintenance vehicle on its way to clean the rest rooms.

If that's the case, then you are right. And, this showcases how profoundly sad this case is at many levels. However, being a doting Mum searching for new ways to braid her child's hair and being cavalier about "they will never find the body" are two different stories.

It the above statement is true, I don't care if she is mother of the year. Anyone who is so callous about murder, has an unpleasant day in court coming....and an unpleasant future in store.
All the facts have *not* come out, and this is speculation and opinion. I am completely open to learning that NL is not a heinous accessory or accomplice to murder or not involved in obstruction of justice. At this time, however, in my judgement, she is #1 on the POI list.

IM may have been convinced (by the L's) that Erin had taken off. She may also have been given a story about Erin coming on to poor innocent CL and then trying to trap him. If she did not know Erin well and was close to the L's, she may have believed whatever they said. Most of us would probably believe our close friends and feel disdain toward the "other woman" on some level. But she should have kept her thoughts and remarks to herself, though it may be helpful to the State that she didn't. Jmo

Yes, the very chatty Horse Ranch Woman has been quite useful to the prosecution thus far. I'm very much looking forward to her testimony. She is POI #2 in MY OPINION AND SPECULATION only.

I'm trying to think of things that I have read that i can comment on thatcould use some clarification. Yes Erin put her move to base together by herself. Like I said if she had something to do she researches it and does a great job. She had a horrible sense of direction, so we were concerned about her navigating through unknown airports. There was no need for our concern. A friend she already knew picked her up at the airport when Erin arrived. Erin stayed with that friend until her furniture made it there a couple of weeks later. This friend helped her with transportation and the ins and outs of getting through the base housing red tape. Erin was on base around 3 weeks before Jon got back from his deployment

You questioned in a post a while back if MB was, indeed, a water district (or "the" water district) employee. Did you ask that to point us in that direction because he IS "the" water district employee who reported Erin's car? Or because you wondered if he was based on where the video was taken (him breaking up the sidewalk at Luckie Park).

If that's the case, then you are right. And, this showcases how profoundly sad this case is at many levels. However, being a doting Mum searching for new ways to braid her child's hair and being cavalier about "they will never find the body" are two different stories.

It the above statement is true, I don't care if she is mother of the year. Anyone who is so callous about murder, has an unpleasant day in court coming....and an unpleasant future in store.
All the facts have *not* come out, and this is speculation and opinion. I am completely open to learning that NL is not a heinous accessory or accomplice to murder or not involved in obstruction of justice. At this time, however, in my judgement, she is #1 on the POI list.

Oh absolutely! If she was involved she NEEDS TO PAY! (And I do, IMO, think she was involved.) However, in the meantime I do think she should and needs to dote on her daughter and spend a lot of quality time with her. If she gets arrested and gets convicted, it may be while before she can see her again!

You questioned in a post a while back if MB was, indeed, a water district (or "the" water district) employee. Did you ask that to point us in that direction because he IS "the" water district employee who reported Erin's car? Or because you wondered if he was based on where the video was taken (him breaking up the sidewalk at Luckie Park).

It was based on seeing him in that video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member