GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.examiner.com/article/eri...ace-death-penalty?CID=examiner_alerts_article

The Hi-Desert Star news reported Jan. 2 that a trial date has been set for the case of missing horse whisperer Erin Corwin. It was 7 AM one hot summer morning when 19-year-old and pregnant Erin kissed her husband goodbye and was seen alive for the last time. It would be weeks before she was found murdered, at the bottom of a mine shaft in Joshua Tree, California. Evidence collected at the bottom of the mine shaft matched evidence found in the Jeep of the next door neighbors of Erin and her husband Jonathan. The Jeep was owned by another married couple. The husband of that couple, Christopher Brandon Lee, has been arrested and is facing first degree murder in the death of Erin Corwin.

Truthbeknown, do you think this agenda and trial will stick finally and move forward?

Truthbeknown, saying prayers for you and family while we await trial. All of us here at WS will make sure you won't have to go through this alone. Erin deserves justice.

Truthbeknown, do you think this agenda and trial will stick finally and move forward?

Your guess is as good as mine. I am praying that it does. The closer we get to the trial the more I am struggling. Thought of getting emotionally prepared for this then to have them change the date is almost overwhelming.

I couldn't even imagine. I'll keep the family in my prayers. We all want justice for Erin and baby but don't realize what all it takes to get that achieved.

Your guess is as good as mine. I am praying that it does. The closer we get to the trial the more I am struggling. Thought of getting emotionally prepared for this then to have them change the date is almost overwhelming.

Our heart are with you all, truthbeknown, as you prepare for the 29th.

:grouphug:

The wheels of justice turn excruciatingly slowly. Erin and her little one remain front and center, and we will be here for as long as it takes!

:loveyou:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot imagine what you are going though. I cannot fathom how difficult it must be to be on such a horrible roller coaster that you cannot just get off of. If I could take your pain, I would.

Truth, the justice system is very complicated. I found out that just when you think you know what's going on, you don't. Talk to the victims counsel and victim advocates groups. Take advantage of the programs they offer. Do as much research as you can on California law. Look up and ask in advance what changes or pitfalls can come up. Sign up for VINE.
For example, we had no idea that Maryland law is unique and a sentence can be changed afterwards with a reconsideration hearing for the defendant in a murder trial. And the sentence was changed!! But that is unique to Maryland. What a blow that was. Being in this situation is surreal. I wish I knew then what I know now after going through it. Knowledge is Power!

Has anyone checked open access for info lately? There is no longer a link for the criminals. Does anyone know of any other way to check what is going on in the court cases in San Bernardino?

Has anyone checked open access for info lately? There is no longer a link for the criminals. Does anyone know of any other way to check what is going on in the court cases in San Bernardino?

Try this link: https://portal.sb-court.org/Portal/
1. Click 'Smart Search'
2. Enter "Lee, Christopher Brandon"
3. Click the small triangle/arrow next to his name
4. Click on "Cases (1)"
5. Click on the case number

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I keep running into dead ends

Which step is the issue? Are you trying on a computer, or mobile device?

I've attached some screenshots from my laptop. To clarify, for step 2, only enter the name (not the quotation marks). If you make it to the last step, just scroll down the page (lots of info towards bottom). Hope this helps.

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPGCapture4.JPGCapture5.JPG

This is the last screen shot (can't attach more than 5 files in a single post).

Capture6.JPG

New trial readiness hearing April 8th, Jury selection starts April 11th

New trial readiness hearing April 8th, Jury selection starts April 11th

truthbeknown, I'm sorry the trial date was moved again. The delays must be so hard for you and your family. I keep coming back here to check on justice for Erin. There are a number of us here who are still 'with' you, and will be, while you wait and when the trial begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrsmb