GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reading Erin's mother's words absolutely breaks my heart and I pray God provides comfort to you and the rest of her family.

Erin should be turning 21 in 12 days (July 15th). I am so angry her parents have been deprived of the things I get to experience with my own daughter. I find it absolutely amazing to watch my daughter blossom into the amazing woman I have always known she would be and during the times that I sit back and just watch her, I am aware Erin's parents have been stripped of that pleasure. It really makes me sad and very very angry.

truthbeknown,

I've read the PDF multiple times. It appears Judge Cortez filed a peremptory writ in response to the dt's complaint (my description) regarding Judge Cortez handling odd-numbered cases (vs. even numbered cases - it was all written in extensive legalese so I apologize for my poor paraphrasing :blushing: ) - and that the Judge they're hoping to replace him with - was better with said numbering system.

However, the Appellate Court extensively reviewed both Judge's caseloads, and found that both Judges handled cases of odd and even numbers (last number of case IIRC). Therefore, the dt essentially failed to support their side. Based on how I read this, Judge Cortez filed the Preemptory Writ, which was granted.

The Appellate Court also mentions gag orders on the final page.

Am I reading this correctly? I'm certain I've made an error or two. Please any of my fellow WSers (especially our Legal Eagles) chime in! This wasn't an easy read for me (I've been battling insomnia for almost a week now :sigh: )

ETA:
80477ee67bb6723024fd22584d58014d.jpg

3995099119fa8062116bf43f17529246.jpg

43c15c6ae64aa53645da70f9b84b891e.jpg

Thank you truthbeknown for posting this. I guess what I'm trying to decipher is whether or not this ruling is a positive for the State (and your family). I think it is, but I could be wrong. :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have granted chris's attorney's request to change judges.

I know this will slow things down, but we are ok with that. The reason being Chris can't say he didn't have a fair trial because of the judge

I know this will slow things down, but we are ok with that. The reason being Chris can't say he didn't have a fair trial because of the judge

I wholeheartedly admire your and the rest of Erin's family's ability to rationally deal with the judicial system and keeping justice in the forefront! Praying for you guys, Erin and her husband as you navigate through this process!!

Looks like he has no money in his jail account for a haircut.

Happy Birthday Erin. This is your second birthday in Heaven. Last year we didn't know where you were. This year we are certain where you are. Have an incredible birthday celebrating with Jesus and Trisha.

Happy Birthday Erin. This is your second birthday in Heaven. Last year we didn't know where you were. This year we are certain where you are. Have an incredible birthday celebrating with Jesus and Trisha.

Awe...
This is so sad, but yet having a birthday with Jesus is a wonderful thing! :)
I wish you were here on Earth, Erin, to celebrate your birthday with your family and friends.
I know you are having a great birthday in Heaven!
God Bless!!

At this time last year, we were about halfway through our search. I think we had searched somewhere between 40 and 50 mines. Temperatures in 29 Palms were hovering between 100-110 degrees. The dog teams could only work for about 20 minutes at a time before needing a break in their vehicles. We had borrowed about 5 additional gas detectors so that we could safely put more teams underground. We had SAR teams from L.A., San Bernardino, Riverside and several other counties helping us.

We blew out the transmission in the Cave Team truck. At one point, we left the Suburban parked with the windows down and came back to find it full of bees. Other vehicles got flat tires and everyone had to work to stay on top of hydration.

Several of the more remote sites got searched via teams inserted by helicopter. The investigators were doing their thing, and we were carefully planning each new search area, while checking off those already cleared. Believe it or not, keeping track of what's been done is just as much work as deciding what's next.

We had about 100 more "high probability" features on the list to search, and another 300+ identified from aerial photos, old maps and local knowledge. At this point, we had every resource available to the Sheriff on this, and we were determined to win. It was frustrating, as we had been at it for so long and knew she was very likely somewhere right in front of us.

At this time last year, we were about halfway through our search. I think we had searched somewhere between 40 and 50 mines. Temperatures in 29 Palms were hovering between 100-110 degrees. The dog teams could only work for about 20 minutes at a time before needing a break in their vehicles. We had borrowed about 5 additional gas detectors so that we could safely put more teams underground. We had SAR teams from L.A., San Bernardino, Riverside and several other counties helping us.

We blew out the transmission in the Cave Team truck. At one point, we left the Suburban parked with the windows down and came back to find it full of bees. Other vehicles got flat tires and everyone had to work to stay on top of hydration.

Several of the more remote sites got searched via teams inserted by helicopter. The investigators were doing their thing, and we were carefully planning each new search area, while checking off those already cleared. Believe it or not, keeping track of what's been done is just as much work as deciding what's next.

We had about 100 more "high probability" features on the list to search, and another 300+ identified from aerial photos, old maps and local knowledge. At this point, we had every resource available to the Sheriff on this, and we were determined to win. It was frustrating, as we had been at it for so long and knew she was very likely somewhere right in front of us.

My apologies for missing Erin's birthday :rose: :floating:

emt4526,

Thank you so much for your post!

Words will never be enough to express our absolute gratitude to you and your cohort, who helped in the SAR efforts to bring Erin home to her Family. I'll remember the day we received word she was located for the rest of my life. :tears:

You all are cut from a different cloth, and you honor us with your willingness to risk yourselves for others, and to reunite families. I thank you from the bottom of my :heart:

#JusticeForErin

((((((((truthbeknown))))))))

Thank you so much for all of your hard work. We have been so thankful for everyone that gave up time with their families to look for someone they never met. We wish there was a way that we could personally thank everyone involved. Thank you for sharing this wiwi us. We knew some incredible people were working so hard in such unbelievable conditions to find Erin. Awesome team work. We know there were a lot of different agencies and groups involved. Please tell the ones you see that we are very grateful for all that they did to bring Erin home.

Thank you for the kind words, Truthbeknown. The one good thing that came out of this prolonged search is that we were able to improve our team's response to mine stuff. We wrote a comprehnsive SOP for abandoned mine operations (the last manual we could find was written by China Lake in the late 1960s) and have been working to fill all of the gaps we discovered during those 7 weeks.

We're going to do a joint training with Inyo County in October and have been sharing our work with other teams in CA and Nevada.

Thank you so much for all of your hard work. We have been so thankful for everyone that gave up time with their families to look for someone they never met. We wish there was a way that we could personally thank everyone involved. Thank you for sharing this wiwi us. We knew some incredible people were working so hard in such unbelievable conditions to find Erin. Awesome team work. We know there were a lot of different agencies and groups involved. Please tell the ones you see that we are very grateful for all that they did to bring Erin home.

Thank you for the kind words, Truthbeknown. The one good thing that came out of this prolonged search is that we were able to improve our team's response to mine stuff. We wrote a comprehnsive SOP for abandoned mine operations (the last manual we could find was written by China Lake in the late 1960s) and have been working to fill all of the gaps we discovered during those 7 weeks.

We're going to do a joint training with Inyo County in October and have been sharing our work with other teams in CA and Nevada.

Thank you so much for sharing about writing an updated manual as a result of what you learned from searching for Erin. It is finding the good in this situation that helps us get through and have a positive attitude during this time. To know that you learned so much and are sharing it with others as a result of the search for Erin makes our hearts a little lighter

If you have Facebook go to Desert Dogs Facebook page and look at the beautiful desert garden they made in memory of Erin. There are not words to say on how much this has touched us.

If you have Facebook go to Desert Dogs Facebook page and look at the beautiful desert garden they made in memory of Erin. There are not words to say on how much this has touched us.

Here is a link to one of the images to Erin's memorial garden. There are two other photos on their timeline as well:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1123449224331792&substory_index=0&id=202038796472844

Thank you truthbeknown for letting us know about this amazing garden!

:rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members