Held

Comment
also set for Pretrial
06/03/2016 Pretrial
Judicial Officer
Mazurek, J. David

Hearing Time
8:30 AM

In June of 2014, Sheriff’s Homicide Detectives were working a missing person case, a 20 year-old pregnant woman, Erin Corwin. The search encompassed several thousand square miles of vast desert, including 100 mine shafts that were being searched. Mr. Doug Billings approached the investigators and offered to assist with his expertise in mine shafts and caves. He spent over 200 hours of his time searching for Erin. In mid-August, Erin’s remains were found at the bottom of a 140 ft. unchartered mine shaft.
• Doug Billings, Citizen
In June of 2014, Sheriff’s Homicide Detectives were working a missing person case, a 20 year-old pregnant woman, Erin Corwin. The search encompassed several thousand square miles of vast desert, including 100 mine shafts that were being searched. Mr. Doug Billings approached the investigators and offered to assist with his expertise in mine shafts and caves. He spent over 200 hours of his time searching for Erin. In mid-August, Erin’s remains were found at the bottom of a 140 ft. unchartered mine shaft.
• Doug Billings, Citizen Erin Corwin

Meritorious medal given to citizen Doug Billings who aided in the 2014 search of Erin Corwin

Well deserved Doug Billings! Well deserved!

I would love to hear him on a podcast or on one of the ID channel programs.

It was so wonderful when the rescue people came and posted here. Was that Doug?

Is there a link that goes with this?

This is on Facebook on the Desert Dog Facebook page

Does anyone have a full copy of the court documents mentioned in this article:

http://www.kesq.com/news/court-documents-reveal-testimony-text-messages-in-erin-corwin-murder-case/32518584

I caught a glimpse of something about a "Tire Fire" the week of the murder that no one seems to have reported on anywhere else.

This is what i recall... hth :seeya:

Mine shafted | San Diego Reader San Diego Reader › news › apr › ticker-... Mobile-friendly - Apr 6, 2015 - Jonathan Corwin ...

It was about 7 a.m., and Erin said she wanted to scout ... # Lee also told the detective that he had been picking up tires to make a fire and mentioned ...

http://m.sandiegoreader.com/news/20...her-brandon-lee-erin-corwin/?templates=mobile

Thank you for the support! Doug definitely deserved that hard-won award. I'm the person from search & rescue that posted about our team a few months back when folks were asking. We are all of course anxiously waiting for justice. It seems painfully slow at times, and of course we haven't been allowed to say much that hasn't been published in the media. What I can share is some of what we've been doing since then.

In addition to our regular rope, alpine and general SAR training, we've been steadily improving our mine capability. Our last mission was for an evidence search of a 450' deep Gold Mine in the Mojave, for a very old case. Fortunately (or unfortunately), we didn't find anything. Here's a link to some pictures of recent activities:

https://www.facebook.com/sanbernardinocaverescue/?rc=p

Thanks!

New Pre trial hearing 8/12, trial readiness hearing 9/9 jury trial 9/12

Thank you for the support! Doug definitely deserved that hard-won award. I'm the person from search & rescue that posted about our team a few months back when folks were asking. We are all of course anxiously waiting for justice. It seems painfully slow at times, and of course we haven't been allowed to say much that hasn't been published in the media. What I can share is some of what we've been doing since then.

In addition to our regular rope, alpine and general SAR training, we've been steadily improving our mine capability. Our last mission was for an evidence search of a 450' deep Gold Mine in the Mojave, for a very old case. Fortunately (or unfortunately), we didn't find anything. Here's a link to some pictures of recent activities:

Thanks!

Kudos to him, yourself, and all SAR people.

OT
Thanks for the article about the GPS forced outage by the military testing some sort of GPS blocking device on your SAR website. It is very interesting.

Their forced jamming test is not supposed to impact ground use of GPS and is supposed to only jam signals higher up in the sky but I wonder if miltaryhas considered any hikers or hunters that are becoming reliant on their hand held GPS devices.
And what about delivery drivers that rely on GPS for home deliveries. FED EX Postal Service UPS DHL deliveries.
And what about trucking industry that also rely on GPS devices to keep track of their fleet of trucks.
If the military succeeds in total blocking of the GPS signal on the ground by accident during their planned times then I suspect there will be lots of complaints from people mentioned.

I am not sure people have realized how much GPS is now being used by the common folk. Which brings up a question.
What right does the military have to even block the signal? Maybe its their satellite that provides the GPS signal and then I suppose it would be in their right.

One thing for sure though. If this causes the types of headaches and impact that could happen than we will be hearing a lot about this in the future. We need a reliable signal pretty much 24 X 7 these days IMO.

It seems to me that the military maybe should have chosen nightime hours instead of prime daytime hours to test their device and maybe even shorten their outage time. Not sure they should need the whole time frames they are planning the outage.
Maybe they should have planned their test out in the ocean too rather than on mainland.

Then again the more I think about this maybe they purposely want to see all the mainland impacts I am bringing up to see how good their blocking is going to work. :)

I guess I need to realize this is for the benefit of some new technology that our military is going to use to help them win battles and for that I probably should be grateful and just plan accordingly. :)

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/GPS-Interference-NOTAM-For-Southwest-226365-1.html

Thanks!

Thank you for your service! I'm just now reading a new Nora Roberts novel about the leader of a canine Search and Rescue.

New Pre trial hearing 8/12, trial readiness hearing 9/9 jury trial 9/12

Just finishing up and on verdict watch with the Heather Elvis case in South Carolina.

I was looking at which trial is next and I see Erin Corwin and Cooper Harris trials, which BOTH I have followed for years, both start on September 12th!

:pullhair: !!!!!

Two years ago today our sweet girl was taken from us

:grouphug:

:heartbeat:

We are still here with you and yours TBN. I am so sad for your unimaginable pain you are going through on this anniversary. may you be surrounded with love at this time.

Does anyone remember Nichole's maiden name and possibly her middle name

Thanks kimi! I spent over an hour searching and I could not find the answer I am so glad you could find it. I'm a very bad :websleuther:

just finishing up and on verdict watch with the heather elvis case in south carolina.

I was looking at which trial is next and i see erin corwin and cooper harris trials, which both i have followed for years, both start on september 12th!

:pullhair: !!!!!

atl!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members