GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I lost it completely hearing the song. Please, God, make it better, somehow.

Unless, while they were alone in his car in a remote area with no one around, she took them off willingly (I am implying something here that I don't want to type out, out of respect for her loved ones) and then that is when he strangled her, before she put them back on? Just one possibility that kinda makes sense?

I ALWAYS kick my flip flops off in the car! Especially if I'' in it for any length of time! I even take tennis and heels and Uggs off! So that's a possibility, too.

The only way her shoes are important IMO is he testified she walked to another mine and went in it while he was playing Russian roulette. Another one of his lies.

Unless I dreamt that I believe that is what he said. Didn't go back and check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hadn't thought of that! And yes, that was what he claimed.

In the video at the link above, NL was heard saying "why didn't he let me speak"

http://www.kesq.com/news/jury-in-ch...ocial&utm_source=facebook_KESQ_News_Channel_3

I ask the reporter why this was removed. This is what she wrote.

Me: @KWidnerCBSL2 why was the part about Nichole Lee removed from the video? Where she says "why didn't he let me speak"

Katie: It was a different live hit and I wanted the longer version of the story. I tried to put both versions in the website but we are encountering some technical issues.

I will try to see if we can get them both up this morning.

My take is that the shoes are important because his narrative doesn't account for them and the prosecution was able to catch him out on that. His inability to come up with a plausible answer for why she was barefoot served two purposes: it showed that he was a liar, even while under oath, and it demonstrated that he doesn't think well on his toes. If I were on the jury, that would seal it for me as far as premeditation goes.

I ask the reporter why this was removed. This is what she wrote.

Me: @KWidnerCBSL2 why was the part about Nichole Lee removed from the video? Where she says "why didn't he let me speak"

Katie: It was a different live hit and I wanted the longer version of the story. I tried to put both versions in the website but we are encountering some technical issues.

I will try to see if we can get them both up this morning.

Thank you! I watched the video twice trying to find where she said that (or to even see her) and didn't know what you all were seeing that I wasn't. lol. I hope she puts it back up.

I guess my thinking is I've seen car accidents where the impact literally knocked the shoes off the victims' feet. This is why I think there's a good chance her shoes might be further down the line shaft. I'm not clear on if any area below where Erin was found has been searched.

Thank you! I watched the video twice trying to find where she said that (or to even see her) and didn't know what you all were seeing that I wasn't. lol. I hope she puts it back up.

I hope she can get it back up, in the video she said iirc that NL was sitting right behind her.

I hope she can get it back up, in the video she said iirc that NL was sitting right behind her.

Did it show NL or was it footage of the reporter stating what she witnessed?

Where are the MSM links/verification for some of this stuff being posted lately? I read everything I can find from MSM and I haven't seen a lot of this reported by anyone. I haven't read anything about zip ties or being forced to watch while CL went about his business.

If it's insider information they need to get verified otherwise it shouldn't be posted without verifying links! The fiction needs to stop.

Oh well that's in the prelim: http://z1077fm.com/woman-was-expecting-a-proposal-christopher-lee-held-to-answer/

Woods also discussed some of the items that were found in and near the mine shaft: a propane tank, blue climbing rope, zip ties, pieces of black plastic, about 6 to 8 inches long with black electrical tape.

I surmise that Erin either lost her shoes in the struggle or they were taken off of her as a means to bind her feet together more easily. And this probably would have happened at some location other than the mine, or else they'd probably have been tossed in the mine with her. Her thoughts are not known but it's rational to conclude she would have felt helpless, and been able to see what her captor was doing, and would have wondered what her captor was going to do to her next.

Did it show NL or was it footage of the reporter stating what she witnessed?

No it didn't show NL, another reporter ask Katie If NL testified. Katie then repeated what NL said sitting behind her and said from what NL said she didn't believe she testified.

Evidently Katie was not in court the whole time for the trial.

That's my interpretation of the video.

Here you go 77Darkhorse You were saying something about the bullets, or no proof of them, can't remember exactly.
[Chris lee admitted that he searched the internet for information on how to get rid of a body.
The bullet castings found in his jeep matched the bullets in the mine shaft Erin was found in.... along with pieces of tires and rebar.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/...rwin/14294995/
**********************************************************************************************************
Look how many chances CL was afforded... 4 different judges???
Change of venue, just to be called by his defense to say I'm guilty?

Under a series of peremptory challenges filed by the lawyers in the case, Christopher Lee’s trial was moved from Joshua Tree to San Bernardino in September, and another new judge, Dwight Moore, recently took over the case from Judge Glenn Yabuno.

Lee's trial began Monday with a preliminary meeting at the court, followed by motions by attorneys Tuesday. Jury selection was set to begin Wednesday when the district attorney revealed new evidence.

The evidence was turned over to Lee's defense lawyer, David Kaloyanides, who made a motion for a hearing on the new information, according to court spokesman Dennis Smith.

The hearing was scheduled for May 20. The jury trial was pushed back to June 27, according to a district attorney spokesman.

Lee also appears to have a new judge, David Mazurek, who was assigned Monday to take over from Judge Dwight Moore, according to online records.

Mazurek will be the fourth judge to preside over Lee's case. The defendent's attorney already successfully petitioned to have both judges in the Joshua Tree courthouse removed from the case. With the only two judges in Joshua Tree criminal court off the case, the trial was moved to San Bernardino in September.

http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/article_7ac765d2-01fb-11e6-ad58-e37b7a63366e.html

Oh well that's in the prelim: http://z1077fm.com/woman-was-expecting-a-proposal-christopher-lee-held-to-answer/

I surmise that Erin either lost her shoes in the struggle or they were taken off of her as a means to bind her feet together more easily. And this probably would have happened at some location other than the mine, or else they'd probably have been tossed in the mine with her. Her thoughts are not known but it's rational to conclude she would have felt helpless, and been able to see what her captor was doing, and would have wondered what her captor was going to do to her next.

Other than zip ties being listed as an item that was located in or near the mine has there been any source that states that Erin's arms or legs were zip tied together? Your posts (at least to me) sound as though you are stating FACTS of the case when you are merely guessing as to what *may* have happened. Perhaps we wouldn't be confusing facts with guesses if you clarify in your posts? I assume the statements you made about not testing NL's DNA and the 2nd Juror yelling at NL were also just guesses and not fact supported by MSM?

What "two other suspects" are you referring to? Law enforcement and the DA have been very clear in that they think CL and CL alone murdered Erin. Some of us suspect that Nichole Lee was probably complicit in some form but that in no way will influence sentencing.

As for your last question regarding his stupidity, I'm not sure what you're asking.

Well a suspect is someone you think could have committed the crime, or possibly could have incited another suspect to commit the crime, which would be a crime in and of itself. I guess since Chris is on trial, then LE and the DA think he could have committed the crime. If someone here suspects that Nichole Lee could have committed the crime, or a related crime, then she would be a suspect in that person's opinion.

Even if a person is found to have committed an act that a criminal charge is based on, the jury's job is not over, because they also must find what level of mental culpability the person has. That's is mens rea or "the guilty mind' element. So, if someone pressured him, or if he lacked the capacity to reason with himself to pull himself out of it, is that a factor in determining his mental culpability... is sort of what I was asking.

Remember that CL's cellphone was not turned off until 3pm something?
One other way that helped in the search for Erin was by pings and other electronic devices.
I have it written in my notes...(this case really tugged at my heartstrings)
but apparently I didn't write down the link :dunno:

I don't "get" why missing shoes & keys are important - cellphone I can understand somewhat, but as records were recovered & used/testified to in court, it seems (to me) that recovering the actual phone was unnecessary.

IANAL, JMO etc etc.
As the items relate to his conviction, it is not important.

Daughtery asked Chris about the shoes for a reason. IMO it was to point out that he is lying about the way he murdered Erin. He can't tell where the shoes are because it doesn't line up with his heat of the moment testimony.

Here you go 77Darkhorse You were saying something about the bullets, or no proof of them, can't remember exactly.
[Chris lee admitted that he searched the internet for information on how to get rid of a body.
The bullet castings found in his jeep matched the bullets in the mine shaft Erin was found in.... along with pieces of tires and rebar.

**********************************************************************************************************

Under a series of peremptory challenges filed by the lawyers in the case, Christopher Lee’s trial was moved from Joshua Tree to San Bernardino in September, and another new judge, Dwight Moore, recently took over the case from Judge Glenn Yabuno.

Lee's trial began Monday with a preliminary meeting at the court, followed by motions by attorneys Tuesday. Jury selection was set to begin Wednesday when the district attorney revealed new evidence.

The evidence was turned over to Lee's defense lawyer, David Kaloyanides, who made a motion for a hearing on the new information, according to court spokesman Dennis Smith.

The hearing was scheduled for May 20. The jury trial was pushed back to June 27, according to a district attorney spokesman.

Lee also appears to have a new judge, David Mazurek, who was assigned Monday to take over from Judge Dwight Moore, according to online records.

Mazurek will be the fourth judge to preside over Lee's case. The defendent's attorney already successfully petitioned to have both judges in the Joshua Tree courthouse removed from the case. With the only two judges in Joshua Tree criminal court off the case, the trial was moved to San Bernardino in September.

http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/article_7ac765d2-01fb-11e6-ad58-e37b7a63366e.html

:goodpost:

CL is such a narcissistic jerk. One of the firefighters who retrieved Erin's remains was also injured doing so. CL put Erin's family through hell, wasted tax money, delayed the (eventual) outcome of the trial, and refused to admit his guilt in Erin's death to investigators on numerous occasions, lying through his teeth repeatedly. And his wife continues to stand behind her man, wearing his dog tags, etc. after he confessed to brutally murdering a young woman that he discarded as trash when he was done with her? God help CL & NL's daughter.

BBM

The story you reference did not say they matched bullets in the mine. It says verbatim: "and .22-caliber cartridge casings and pieces of rebar at the mine shaft where she was found matched those found in his Jeep, "

This reporter will be at the courthouse today

Zap Dahlheimer Kesq

@zakdahlheimer

Not sure about anyone else trying to find out

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads