GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the witness said the two were sitting in the red car when he left and he came back a half hour later and the red car was gone and just the blue car was there.

during that half hour Erin could have gotten back in her own car and moved it further back off the road before they left in the red car. its not likely that the man came back later and moved the car.

I do think it is possible that he moved it further off the road. I would like to know what they found in her vehicle. If her purse and car keys were there then he had to come back to put them in her vehicle.

The Locate Erin facebook page states that Beasley never reported this to LE.

That's a little hard to believe.

JMO The Locate Erin Page is trying to lead us where they want this to go!

A woman is missing but they don't want u to talk about her yet its ok for them to say she is cheating.
To me its a thread in favor of her husband to put him n the best light possible. Seems Biased if you ask me.

I do think it is possible that he moved it further off the road. I would like to know what they found in her vehicle. If her purse and car keys were there then he had to come back to put them in her vehicle.

Or he could have come back and moved her car off the road as he was checking to make sure she didn't have anything incriminating him in her car, especially if she was breaking things off.

Or he could have come back and moved her car off the road as he was checking to make sure she didn't have anything incriminating him in her car, especially if she was breaking things off.

Or maybe he wanted to clean the car, wipe it down, because he knew he had been in it on prior occasions. JMO

JMO The Locate Erin Page is trying to lead us where they want this to go!

A woman is missing but they don't want u to talk about her yet its ok for them to say she is cheating.
To me its a thread in favor of her husband to put him n the best light possible. Seems Biased if you ask me.

I feel extremely heartbroken for Jon. He should be supported and it seems like he is both on the page and at the base as well. Marines are taught to be strong and resilient yet they are as human as the next person. Not only has Jon most likely lost the woman he loves and married but now he knows everyone thinks she was having an affair with the man in the red car. That is a lot to carry for a 21 year old man.

The witness that came forth about seeing Erin getting into a red car with a man is not biased. I doubt he knows any of the parties involved in this tragedy. It is what it is and it looks very much like Erin was having an affair with another man.

A man who may very likely have taken her life.

It certainly doesn't make Erin less of a victim. Whoever has done this to Erin ........affair or not ......needs to be brought to justice.

IMO

I kind of think they don't need or want the public's help, at this point. Which makes me really sad for Erin.

If you aren't part of the good 'ol boy law enforcement community, then you really aren't wanted or needed in an investigation.[/SIZE]

Situations like this remind me of about a year ago, when law enforcement finally asked for the publics help to solve a crime.

Starting back around the year 2000--2001 they started getting reports about a serial rapist that was committing crimes in various areas and regions. They collected DNA evidence (semen, sweat, hair, etc.) from the victims and the crime scenes. They didn't have a subject to match it to though in their database.

Well, about 10 years goes by, and this same perp continues to rape and pillage and his crimes eventually escalate to murder. They still have no idea who this person is, where he lives, or anything about him. A couple of women have now been killed by this person over the last decade, along with numerous rapes and assaults where no one died. They know it is the same person because the DNA evidence continues to stack up.

Finally, after a decade or so, the cops (feds) decide to put out a composite sketch to the public. They also furnish select details and locations of these crimes to help jog peoples memories. They also describe the type of vehicle he may be driving and other traits such as scars and tattoo's.

READY ???

Within 48 hours of releasing this information to the public, not only did they know WHO he was, they also tracked him down using tips provided by the public and arrested him at his home. He is currently either awaiting trial or being tried for this long list of crimes.

I guess the worst part about it to me, how many of these rapes and killings could have been avoided if they had decided to release that information 10 years earlier ?? Why did it take so long ? Why wasn't the public informed there was a serial rapist on the loose ?

All unanswered questions. Law enforcement finally caught him, thanks to the public, so their job is done. No one will be held accountable for the crimes that occurred during that 10 year span this man was running around loose. No one will be sued. No one will go to jail. It is incomprehensible to me that they would just sit on evidence like this without asking for the publics help. But they did.

The press may have obtained a police report detailing the witness report when car was found. I think it is probably true and LE has been basing their search on this information. They know, Imo,who drove the red car but right now cannot prove anything beyond that. But I do think they have more info as to what happened to Erin, between phone info, video and witnesses (there may be others, if there were these two we did not know about).

I worry that it may be impossible to find her though. Too often, it takes a confession to locate a victim. Hope they have enough evidence to make an arrest without finding her, but not all LE agencies will go that route.

Jmo

What a bunch of handsome young men!

O/T about the haircuts...there are a ton of barber shops on Marine Corp bases.

I think if it were a marine Beasley would have said so. They live in a marine infested (no disrespect - not enough coffee yet to think of another word) area so the guy obviously knows the difference between marine versus civilian.

I think if it were a marine Beasley would have said so. They live in a marine infested (no disrespect - not enough coffee yet to think of another word) area so the guy obviously knows the difference between marine versus civilian.

You can't tell, if they're in plain clothes though.

So some random thoughts:

Maybe they have video at JTNP of a red car with 2 or 1 person in it? After 10am? Maybe they went to the park together and the unknown man was going to help her take pictures/scout spots. Maybe things went south during the day while they talked about everything....marriages...babies...etc

One of the articles said that the base gave over the videos of three gates on base to LE this week. I'm sure they would have reviewed them before this week, but maybe gave possession of them to LE.

Does anyone remember at the beginning an article stated that one of Erin's friends showed LE where in JTNP that Erin would usually meet her friend. That was said the first week but I can't find it.

After watching the videos of both the sister and brother witnesses, I believe them. They also show where the car was initially and that they were parked in different directions (diagram of blue and red car) and then the sister shows that the car ended up parked about 100 feet from that spot...kind of more hidden from the road...over a small hump and behind scattered bushes....I feel as though perp came back to car and moved it so it wasn't as visible from the road.

The search warrants were issued July 1st and presumably executed the same day. LE must know that whatever crime was committed was committed off base otherwise the military police would be more heavily involved.

Wouldn't Military Police be involved if a crime was committed by a Marine even if it was off base? Or do they first have to prove a Marine is involved and not just questioned?

He probably did tell them it was a Marine but they didn't put that in there.

I knew when the witness described the man with short hair it had to be a Marine. One can tell if someone is tall or not just by how high their head is when they are sitting in the car. He said the man appeared to be around 5'9".

Here is a group of Marines in our son's own unit when he first joined the USMC. It shows the traditional haircuts normally seen on Marines.

BTW, our son is on the front row in the very center(middle).:loveyou:

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/s526x395/1917977_1183947769644_4480207_n.jpg

BBM a bit OT but it is actually pretty difficult to tell how tall somebody is if they are seated because bodies can be so differently proportioned. I'm 5'4" but sit as tall as some friends who are 6' as my "height" is mostly in my upper body and their height is mostly in their legs.

p.s. your son's a cutie!

Wouldn't Military Police be involved if a crime was committed by a Marine even if it was off base? Or dod they first have to prove a Marine is involved and not just questioned?

They do assist the local jurisdiction and I have no doubt they are assisting in this case in any way they can.

They have already turned over the footage of Erin leaving out the gate that morning and other footage on base to the local police. They can also interview Marines themselves and it is videoed and that also can be turned over.

They will do anything they can to assist in whatever the police wants them to do.

Now if the crime itself happened on base and her car was found abandoned on base then the Marine Base investigators would have jurisdiction since it happened on property belonging to the Marine Corps.

BBM a bit OT but it is actually pretty difficult to tell how tall somebody is if they are seated because bodies can be so differently proportioned. I'm 5'4" but sit as tall as some friends who are 6' as my "height" is mostly in my upper body and their height is mostly in their legs.

p.s. your son's a cutie!

Thank you. He was only 20 when that photo was taken and has grown into a stunningly handsome man if I must say so myself. :D

I suppose you are right but some people are very good at guessing heights even when people are in a car.

Our son is 6'1' and I am 5'4' and boy can you tell the difference in height when we are in his sporty new black Camaro or as he calls it his 'Camaroo." lol!

So maybe the witness noticed he was somewhat taller than Erin when they were sitting in the car.

IMO

Wouldn't Military Police be involved if a crime was committed by a Marine even if it was off base? Or do they first have to prove a Marine is involved and not just questioned?

Military police are assisting, however, since the crime apparently occurred off base civilian LE is the lead agency, regardless of who actually committed the crime. What agency leads the investigation is determined by where the crime occurs not by who commits the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme