GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They do assist the local jurisdiction and I have no doubt they are assisting in this case in any way they can.

They have already turned over the footage of Erin leaving out the gate that morning and other footage on base to the local police. They can also interview Marines themselves and it is videoed and that also can be turned over.

They will do anything they can to assist in whatever the police wants them to do.

Now if the crime itself happened on base and her car was found abandoned on base then the Marine Base investigators would have jurisdiction since it happened on property belonging to the Marine Corps.

BBM: I must have missed this. Do you have a link? TIA

BBM: I must have missed this. Do you have a link? TIA

Oh gosh it is here in this thread somewhere, la2cabo . They turned over footage that included that morning. She has to be seen on there leaving because she was seen at 10am getting into the red car and leaving her car behind.

I will try to find it though.

Has anybody done a search on the license plate of the Alaska jeep? It looks like it costs about $20 to search.

Oh gosh it is here in this thread somewhere, la2cabo . They turned over footage that included that morning. She has to be seen on there leaving because she was seen at 10am getting into the red car and leaving her car behind.

I will try to find it though.

They can also see who else left that day and what cars.

They can also see who else left that day and what cars.

I'm sure they can see a lot of potentially important footage. I just don't remember anything about the specific footage being released and/or written about in MSM.

So some random thoughts:

Maybe they have video at JTNP of a red car with 2 or 1 person in it? After 10am? Maybe they went to the park together and the unknown man was going to help her take pictures/scout spots. Maybe things went south during the day while they talked about everything....marriages...babies...etc

One of the articles said that the base gave over the videos of three gates on base to LE this week. I'm sure they would have reviewed them before this week, but maybe gave possession of them to LE.

Does anyone remember at the beginning an article stated that one of Erin's friends showed LE where in JTNP that Erin would usually meet her friend. That was said the first week but I can't find it.

After watching the videos of both the sister and brother witnesses, I believe them. They also show where the car was initially and that they were parked in different directions (diagram of blue and red car) and then the sister shows that the car ended up parked about 100 feet from that spot...kind of more hidden from the road...over a small hump and behind scattered bushes....I feel as though perp came back to car and moved it so it wasn't as visible from the road.

Could someone put the links of the videos of the brother and sister up for me? So many pages behind and not sure where to look. :thinking:

I'm sure they can see a lot of potentially important footage. I just don't remember anything about the specific footage being released and/or written about in MSM.

It was i will see if i can find it. Base handed over footage of gates! So many articles that have now been updated. I think it was CBS 8 .

This is exactly what I think. The baby is her husband's, she realizes she has been going down the wrong path, and it is time for her to commit to her marriage. She meets somewhere where no one she knows will see her, but she is still close to a house and close enough to base that it doesn't feel scary. But she is young, and naive, and things didn't go as planned for her :(

OR Erin chose that place BECAUSE there was a house nearby. Suppose we're looking at that all wrong...suppose she left it there so the people in the house would notice her car if anything happened to her. Suppose she was breaking things off with the guy and she knew it was a possibility things could get nasty and she wanted him to feel like they were meeting in a desolate area but all the time she was leaving her car there as a clue?

Hello everyone. Decided to come out of lurkdom and join in the conversation.
This is JMO.....I believe the new info about the "red car guy". It sounds to me like she went to JT alone and then met up with him afterwards. I'm wondering if LE has checked any of the motels in nearby areas? I would think most have cameras. And don't some places even take note of the make/model/LP of your car when you check in?

I admit that gives me the heebie jeebies. Officially, that means this witness is the last known person to see Erin, since we don't know anything about this "other guy." I have no reason to think anything bad about the witness, and I feel bad even saying anything (good for him for coming forward). But I hope he willingly cooperated with the police and realized that he would be a person of interest just for being a witness :/

the witness said the two were sitting in the red car when he left and he came back a half hour later and the red car was gone and just the blue car was there.

during that half hour Erin could have gotten back in her own car and moved it further back off the road before they left in the red car. its not likely that the man came back later and moved the car.

This is exactly what I think. The baby is her husband's, she realizes she has been going down the wrong path, and it is time for her to commit to her marriage. She meets somewhere where no one she knows will see her, but she is still close to a house and close enough to base that it doesn't feel scary. But she is young, and naive, and things didn't go as planned for her :(

I don't think so only because this other man is supposed to be married too now unless he was going to leave his wife for ERIN He would not kill her for not seeing him again.
Im not so sure we often see the OTHER MAN gulty in these cases. jmo

There was a random abandoned duplex in town that suspiciously burned down a few days ago. Don't know if this would factor in as a possible rendezvous spot.

Hello everyone. Decided to come out of lurkdom and join in the conversation.
This is JMO.....I believe the new info about the "red car guy". It sounds to me like she went to JT alone and then met up with him afterwards. I'm wondering if LE has checked any of the motels in nearby areas? I would think most have cameras. And don't some places even take note of the make/model/LP of your car when you check in?

Unless he is a jealous man with a quick temper.

I don't think so only because this other man is supposed to be married too now unless he was going to leave his wife for ERIN He would not kill her for not seeing him again.
Im not so sure we often see the OTHER MAN gulty in these cases. jmo

Security footage taken at the base's three main gates was turned over to the sheriff's department, according to Marine Capt. Justin Smith.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2014/07/15/pregnant-marine-wife-erin-corwin/12708175/

Right? And those three women who were held captive for more than a decade were finally saved because of the girls themselves AND a member of the public.

If you aren't part of the good 'ol boy law enforcement community, then you really aren't wanted or needed in an investigation.[/SIZE]

Situations like this remind me of about a year ago, when law enforcement finally asked for the publics help to solve a crime.

Starting back around the year 2000--2001 they started getting reports about a serial rapist that was committing crimes in various areas and regions. They collected DNA evidence (semen, sweat, hair, etc.) from the victims and the crime scenes. They didn't have a subject to match it to though in their database.

Well, about 10 years goes by, and this same perp continues to rape and pillage and his crimes eventually escalate to murder. They still have no idea who this person is, where he lives, or anything about him. A couple of women have now been killed by this person over the last decade, along with numerous rapes and assaults where no one died. They know it is the same person because the DNA evidence continues to stack up.

Finally, after a decade or so, the cops (feds) decide to put out a composite sketch to the public. They also furnish select details and locations of these crimes to help jog peoples memories. They also describe the type of vehicle he may be driving and other traits such as scars and tattoo's.

READY ???

Within 48 hours of releasing this information to the public, not only did they know WHO he was, they also tracked him down using tips provided by the public and arrested him at his home. He is currently either awaiting trial or being tried for this long list of crimes.

I guess the worst part about it to me, how many of these rapes and killings could have been avoided if they had decided to release that information 10 years earlier ?? Why did it take so long ? Why wasn't the public informed there was a serial rapist on the loose ?

All unanswered questions. Law enforcement finally caught him, thanks to the public, so their job is done. No one will be held accountable for the crimes that occurred during that 10 year span this man was running around loose. No one will be sued. No one will go to jail. It is incomprehensible to me that they would just sit on evidence like this without asking for the publics help. But they did.

Before I over expend myself on cracking your clever codes--is there actually meaning to these numbers? Or are you just giving an example?
;)

Some things I've learned:

-Christopher robin said it best: "You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
-B , I didn't have all the information at the start and I made some assumptions like that JC must have done it.
-LEE seems so focused on searching JT and I don't really understand it.

-Nichole Waller, another girl missing in Montana, reminds me that the search is never really over.
-LEE's across the country really are our best assets in finding these missing girls, despite their closed lips at times.
-Husband may not always be the person who did it. sometimes things are more complicated.

who knows what'll crack this case , maybe a p.o. box, maybe even just a number like 2423 or 92286

anyways, things to think about, hypothetically.

@77Darkhorse7 you are so sneaky!!

Yes, he/she sure is! I'm still trying to decipher post#713.
The po box comment and the numbers specifically.
Can anyone give me a hint without getting into trouble?

If the car HAD been moved back off the road like the siblings said, then it makes me wonder if the keys were left in the car? If so, I'm sure they've been checked for finger prints. And if the keys were in the car, it also makes me wonder if the perp was hoping someone would steal Erin's car...no car, no evidence.

I don't think moving the car off of the road would make it easier for someone to steal. I am having a hard time determining WHY someone would come back to move the car? Why risk being spotted moving the car? Why go back to the car at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member